Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things that annoy me... (feel free to add your own pet peeves)

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate that my weapons get put away when I walk through a door. If I was holding a weapon when I opened the door, it should automatically be re-equipped once I'm through it, especially if I'm in a delve, dungeon or trial.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    Not being able to flay an entire stack of fish. I have like 15 stacks of fish in my bank ever since I got my Master Angler. Just waiting for them to let us…

In case you are on PC: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info958-VotansFishFillet.html
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, that addon isn't very.... helpful, really. It's one fillet a few seconds or thereabouts, and you can't alt-tab out to another window without it "stalling" until you give the game window focus again.

I resorted finally (with about 5k fish to deal with) to leaving it going overnight last summer (when bad weather "might" not cause machine shutdown *sigh*).

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I hate that my weapons get put away when I walk through a door. If I was holding a weapon when I opened the door, it should automatically be re-equipped once I'm through it, especially if I'm in a delve, dungeon or trial.

Ah you reminded me of one, I hate that now the Blade of Woe causes you to draw your weapon before it comes out and then you have to manually sheathe your weapon afterward.

It didn’t used to do that, it got broken at some point.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Eh, that addon isn't very.... helpful, really. It's one fillet a few seconds or thereabouts, and you can't alt-tab out to another window without it "stalling" until you give the game window focus again.

I resorted finally (with about 5k fish to deal with) to leaving it going overnight last summer (when bad weather "might" not cause machine shutdown *sigh*).

It's not a perfect solution, but probably the only thing one can do on the player end without violating the EULA (ie macro usage to get an "unfair advantage" :# ). I also don't think the addon could do better because of the API restrictions.
    Options
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being able to flay an entire stack of fish. I have like 15 stacks of fish in my bank ever since I got my Master Angler. Just waiting for them to let us…

If you play on pc there is an addon what flays them automatically for you. Sure, it needs time but you haven't to click every single one.

@HappyTheCamper

EDIT: Sorry, answer was some post before.
    Edited by KalevaLaine on March 27, 2023 9:39AM
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3600CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
    Options
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    Login times, feel a bit prolonged maybe just my end, to relog all takes 1 and half days of none stop relogging a year.

Being stuck in combat is another one.

people that sell carry runs for titles/loot.

group finder queue times if as a dd, tank more guys! i do my more than my share.

how everything gets nerfed over time.

inflation, must be daunting for a new player..
    but I guess not since anyone can buy gold for their crowns which is another thing i dislike, they didn't like it when people sold gold for real money but when it benefits them it's fine

that's all I can think of for now.

PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
    Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When fighting dragons... There are AoEs everywhere, and then the dragon suddenly takes flight. My companion returns to me walking slow, sauntering. Then she dies as she slowly walks through the AoE. NPCs know to get out of my AoEs but my companion apparently loves dying to them.

Also, when fighting dragons... Why does my healing specced companion decide they need to melee the dragon's face with their healing staff and healing/support skills with a ranged ultimate? Very annoying.

Also, also dragons.... they should not be able to "chomp" you with their butt. Or frost breath you out their butt. The developers really need to spend some time tweaking the dragon's behaviour. They have to stop neglecting old content. The companions need a 75% reduction in AoE damage if we can't have better tools for moving them around manually and their AI remains drunk.
    Options
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Swipe knife...next fish...swipe knife...next fish...swipe knife....next fish

Try Voltan's Fish Filet if on PC...makes it automatic for all fish in inventory...pretty easy peasy.
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Swipe knife...next fish...swipe knife...next fish...swipe knife....next fish

Try Voltan's Fish Filet if on PC...makes it automatic for all fish in inventory...pretty easy peasy.

On console....swipes knife on next fish....
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    When only you and your resto staff equipped companion do world bosses or dungeons, the companion gets heal aggro from the boss and dodges backwards until it resets the fight.
    Options
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 10 min loadscreen after every patch maintenance.
    Options
  • Queen_Rhaenys
    Queen_Rhaenys
    ✭✭
    Being stuck in combat for over 15 minutes was pretty special. I have a rant about it: Had it happen twice yesterday in the broken-fest that is Cyrodiil. The first time I could understand because I had been in combat with people who just don't die. Happens all the time but being 'stuck in combat' goes away pretty quickly. Not this time - was happening for about 10 minutes nonstop. I had to close the game entirely because I was getting fed up with waiting. Also, my portal to Cheesemonger's was somehow not there (no clue why) so I couldn't try teleporting there to get rid of it.

The second time yesterday was during prime time where I didn't want to risk being removed from the instance and having to queue back in. So I literally had to run everywhere on foot on my slow necro. The worst part about it was that I was stuck in combat for NO reason. I repaired a door to get the dtick, all of the fighting was already done and I hadn't even seen an enemy player. Yet somehow I was put in combat that lasted for over 15 minutes. Really amazing.

Other pet peeves - being javelin'd into a wall in Cyrodiil. And, of course, being stuck in combat so I couldn't get myself unstuck. Plus, couldn't log out because I'm IN COMBAT. All of this during, you guessed it, prime time! So I had to close the game entirely and re-queue back. So fun.

I also can't stand riding on my senche and having my legs flop and flip everywhere. That weird visual bug has annoyed me for years. I cannot believe it's still happening. Senche are my favorite kind of mount and I always feel weird wondering if I look stupid on someone else's screen. How sad is that, pfft.
    Xbox gamertag: Queen Rhaenys
    PC NA: Queen-Rhaenys
    Usually headaching in Cyrodiil but giving up again

[ My life ends only when my rage has been vented, when my need for vengeance is satisfied. It will be a long life ]
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When expressing a complaint about the game that could be easily fixed by ZOS...

Response: "Just use this addon"

NO!!! I don't want another gods-cursed addon that i have to download, configure and keep updated, and deal with the inevitable crashes that addons cause, all because ZOS prefers to outsource basic QoL features to their player base.
    Edited by Marcus684 on March 27, 2023 4:31PM
    Options
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Npc snares. Ugh I hate hate hate being snared. Feels disgusting. Also unblockable knockdowns. Makes me think I missed block when I didn't.

The one I hate most is Ysmgar's freezing pools. They are difficult to avoid and they keep coming.
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ME using ranged skills in PvP: DODGE DODGE (enemy roll already ended its animation) DODGE DODGE DODGE
    ENEMY when using range: HIT!, i use roll, DODGE, HIT HIT, DEAD, recap = 8 different hits at once, ????
    for clarification i have a ping of 50 on average and im using a top of the line system its just the stupid servers
    Edited by dsalter on March 27, 2023 4:16PM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    Anifaas wrote: »
    ...They have to stop neglecting old content...

I'm sure if a human actually reads any support tickets, they can assure you of the number of times I've said those exact words in any given ticket. So very much this.

Marcus684 wrote: »
    When expressing a complaint about the game that could be easily fixed by ZOS...

Response: "Just use this addon"

NO!!! I don't want another gods-cursed addon that i have to download, configure and keep updated, and deal with the inevitable crashes that addons cause, all because ZOS prefers to outsource basic QoL features to their player base.

And so very much this as well. While I understand not every contingency can be covered for various reasons, relying on players to fix issues comes with nearly every game associated with a Bethesda/Zenimax property and does not fly in a persistent, online, essentially un-moddable game.

ETA - Weekly endeavors, and sometimes to a lesser extent daily endeavors, that focus on only one type, or limited play styles. Not everyone does PvE, not everyone does PvP, not everyone does dungeons/trials/arenas. This week, for instance, is Imperial City, Dungeons and Arena focused. What if you're not ready for some of that content, or don't like it? Yes, you can skip it, and if I don't like it, I do. I just feel that if you're offering a chance for "freebie" points it should endeavor (pun intended) to be as inclusive as possible.
    Edited by Displaced_Salad on March 27, 2023 8:53PM
    I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luth7 wrote: »

It's not a perfect solution, but probably the only thing one can do on the player end without violating the EULA (ie macro usage to get an "unfair advantage" :# ). I also don't think the addon could do better because of the API restrictions.

What I can't understand is why they can make crafting stations multi-craft (including up to the maximum of whatever you're wanting to craft whether gear, pots, food etc) but can't make multi-fillet fish possible. Hmm. I wonder if it's because fish aren't done at a provisioning station. Well, they should make that possible then: make a "filleting table" crafting station!
    Edited by TaSheen on March 27, 2023 9:44PM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luth7 wrote: »

What I can't understand is why they can make crafting stations multi-craft (including up to the maximum of whatever you're wanting to craft whether gear, pots, food etc) but can't make multi-fillet fish possible. Hmm. I wonder if it's because fish aren't done at a provisioning station. Well, they should make that possible then: make a "filleting table" crafting station!

my guess is that each fish is considered a consumable, and not a material

if they were considered a material, you would think the fish themselves would go into the craft bag too

my biggest pet peeve is with fishing itself, there should be an auto-reel in option, but this is not possible, even for addons
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    very bright templar abilities.
    the flash of light when you use the portals in Aetherian Archive.

the noises that arthropod monsters make like spiders and hoarvors

not really pet peeves as the light effects physically hurt and most arthropods scare me and in some areas of the game they're unavoidable. it would be nice if i could turn off certain light effects and noises from certain creatures.

actual pet peeves? probably

being attacked when doing pve quests in cyrodiil and imperial city. i tend to only go there during events,
    but sometimes i want to complete an achievement unrelated to pvp like the zone story or fishing or dark anchors in cyrodiil. and if i could select an option everytime i go into a campaign that makes it impossible for me to not be able to attack players and for them to not be able to attack me that seems useful.

or being stuck in combat at a wayshrine or a quest npc because i ran past an enemy that i didnt see which then attacks or even kicks me and immediately stops.
    that only takes a minute at most so it's not that bad.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭

@TaSheen (In case you don't follow the topic, I'm also unsure how these pings work so sorry of this causes a bother D:)

Actually, if you press the Windows key to make the start menu come up, you can then freely do anything else out the game and it'll keep filleting your fish. I assume because Alt tabbing is technically putting commands into the game and stopping the add-on, but the Windows key is separate and will take focus off the game without inputting a 'command' so to speak
    Edited by BenTSG on March 30, 2023 7:42AM
    Options
  • Yazrz
    Yazrz
    ✭✭✭
    Buggy end of chapters!

At least Daggerfall covenant man story, Blackwood, High isle and Galen bugged out and quests had to be abandoned and redone, sometimes multiple times to get through.

It really breaks immersion, and any attempt to make the ending seem like a grand scale situation just falls flat.
    Options
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yazrz wrote: »
    quests had to be abandoned and redone, sometimes multiple times to get through.

It's also because abandoning and restarting takes so long. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of checkpoints. So each time you have to start over it's a mess of running around, interactions and waiting through dialogues just to get back to where you were... and get stuck again.

Galen at least didn't need to be restarted it was just a matter of dying over and over and over until we could respawn outside.
    Options
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loading screens since Patch 33. I see them if walk through cities, run around fields, during fights. I thought let´s count, how many loading screens I see, on one single day? And changed my mind. I just count them, during the Jester Event quests. I tried one character for each server. Finished all Jester quests. Here are the loading screen results:

NA Server 23
    EU Server 19

Crown Store items get really expensive. I think there comes a day, and each item cost at least 5000 Crowns. Yes even potions. I wouldn´t be surprised. Greed ruins the game.

Edited by Braggar on April 1, 2023 8:41PM
    Options
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    Yazrz wrote: »
    Buggy end of chapters!

At least Daggerfall covenant man story, Blackwood, High isle and Galen bugged out and quests had to be abandoned and redone, sometimes multiple times to get through.

It really breaks immersion, and any attempt to make the ending seem like a grand scale situation just falls flat.

I did High Isle and Galen nine times and had the quest line work properly THREE out of nine.
    Liguar wrote: »
    It's also because abandoning and restarting takes so long. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of checkpoints. So each time you have to start over it's a mess of running around, interactions and waiting through dialogues just to get back to where you were... and get stuck again.

More checkpoints would be so nice. Literally having to redo the entire quest line to rescue all the monarchs from the beginning because the very last quest phase broke...argh. All I can say is that Prince Irnskar has a roach motel stowed in his butt based on all his bugginess.
    I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
    Options
  • MJ202
    MJ202
    ✭✭✭✭
    Running solos, and all is going well, only to have everything turned on its head by Willy-Nillys.
    Options
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Key strokes!!! *** endless function delays. I activate some power, try to attack a enemy as example. Nothing happens. Just what I need...bah.
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea i just logged in after 2 months, skills don't fire and then the game crashes. Not a great look.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braggar wrote: »
    Loading screens since Patch 33. I see them if walk through cities, run around fields, during fights. I thought let´s count, how many loading screens I see, on one single day? And changed my mind. I just count them, during the Jester Event quests. I tried one character for each server. Finished all Jester quests. Here are the loading screen results:

NA Server 23
    EU Server 19

Crown Store items get really expensive. I think there comes a day, and each item cost at least 5000 Crowns. Yes even potions. I wouldn´t be surprised. Greed ruins the game.

i pretty much never have these random load screens except in cyrodiil (and only occasionally), no idea how you would have gotten 23 of them just doing the series of jester quests
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options