Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things that annoy me... (feel free to add your own pet peeves)

• Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I were to place things that annoy me in eso I'd send a small ripple throughout spacetime.
    Options
  • WetYoda
    WetYoda
    ✭✭
    Being charged to fast travel unless I interact with a wayshrine.

This is a quaint annoyance that should be done away with.

It's largely mitigated on the PC by joining large guilds and using addons that teleport to guild mates, so why not just eliminate this unnecessary gold sink completely?
    PC NA - GM of Atrocious Love Letter and proud owner of an imgakin monkey
    Options
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being 'stuck in combat' when my wife discovers I've been playing all night.
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NPCs with cosmetics I can't have.

Yes, yes, all the hairstyles. But there are a few other cosmetics that NPCs have that we don't.
    • Dirty face/body markings
    • Elderly and Injured personalities, and Hildegard even has a 'shy' idle
    • The tail accessories that have only been seen on a few NPCs but everyone knows about
    • Several costumes that have not been rleeased
    • Not to mention the things that rotate in the Crown Store for FOMO...

But there are also some things that are not in the Collections menu that NPCs can have and we can't. Everyone will point to the fact that Leythen has a dark hair color that is unavailable to playable Altmer, but there is also an unplayable gorgeous blue eye color for Altmer seen on a guild trader in Mournhold (Erwurlde) that is not available to players. My big thing is unavailable skin tones - I want my Orc to be green SO BAD, but the playable tones are mostly yellows and browns with only the slightest hint of green... and then we see NPCs like Mighty Mordra, Captain Graalug, or Grushbub with beautiful green tones, and I get annoyed that I can't have that for myself.

Considering a lot of people are going to be making new characters come June... I'd really love if ZOS could allow us to use these unplayable colors. They might have to rework the menu slightly to allow them (extra colors won't fit neatly in the 10x2 grid), but iirc console UI has a slider instead of the grid anyway. All they need to do is just add those colors in so we can select them.

Please let my Orc get the Hulk-green skin he's meant to have!
    Options
  • Lucien_Torriel
    1. Unlocked chests with one item in them.
    2. Opened safeboxes, with items above your character level.
    3. Ore nodes, with no ore in them.
    4. Fishing nodes, with no fish in them.
    5. Treasure chests with no zone items in them.
    6. Bosses not dropping zone items.
    7. One card of each deck per hand in Tales of Tribute.
    8. Players rushing through quests and not listening to the NPCs and/or reading books and scrolls.
    9. Players not putting their pets away or getting off of their mounts to talk to NPCs.
    10. Poorly drawn survey maps.
    11. Players living in PVP zones.
    12. DLC NPCs that always have something to say to you.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stuck in combat which recently has turned in to being out of combat, until my mount is 2 thirds of the way out, only to go back in combat. And it repeats often to where it doesn't feel like just dumb luck, [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 5, 2023 7:05PM
    Options
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    4gi3uya85omx.jpg
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what would be REALLY great? If the maintenance banner would tell us when a time change has occurred because of daylight savings starting or ending. Even if it's just a "*please note daylight savings has come into effect on March 12th." That would be much appreciated seeing as I now cannot finish my endeavours or writs, as today's maintenance will finish after I'm in bed.

Thank you.
    Sincerely, someone who loses prime game time EVERY maintenance along with every other Oceanic player.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    Options
  • Durian
    Durian
    ✭✭✭
    Can't open that damn door because that crocodile at the start of the dungeon is still mad at someone lol :D
    Options
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You know what would be REALLY great? If the maintenance banner would tell us when a time change has occurred because of daylight savings starting or ending. Even if it's just a "*please note daylight savings has come into effect on March 12th." That would be much appreciated seeing as I now cannot finish my endeavours or writs, as today's maintenance will finish after I'm in bed.

Thank you.
    Sincerely, someone who loses prime game time EVERY maintenance along with every other Oceanic player.

Kevin posted this days ago
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/628962/daily-and-weekly-timers-reset-and-update-37-endeavors
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/628962/daily-and-weekly-timers-reset-and-update-37-endeavors

Yes I saw that thank you, but it doesn't really have any bearing on my post; it's about the fact that maintenance is suddenly an hour earlier than last week. If there was mention of it on the maintenance banner - every time, not just this instance - then I would be able to plan around that, each time. Along with other affected Oceanic players. Today's, I can only complete IF I can play in the morning.
    Edited by LadyLethalla on March 13, 2023 8:51AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Options
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Thank you.

Yes I saw that thank you, but it doesn't really have any bearing on my post; it's about the fact that maintenance is suddenly an hour earlier than last week. If there was mention of it on the maintenance banner - every time, not just this instance - then I would be able to plan around that, each time. Along with other affected Oceanic players. Today's, I can only complete IF I can play in the morning.

well happens 2 times a year and the way its looking in U S A may be last year of it and since eso has been up and running This may be the 1st time its happened a time change and a update so close so pretty sure it was nowhere near on first 3 pages of their things to do
    Options
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Unlocked chests with one item in them.
    2. Opened safeboxes, with items above your character level.
    3. Ore nodes, with no ore in them.
    4. Fishing nodes, with no fish in them.
    5. Treasure chests with no zone items in them.
    6. Bosses not dropping zone items.
    7. One card of each deck per hand in Tales of Tribute.
    8. Players rushing through quests and not listening to the NPCs and/or reading books and scrolls.
    9. Players not putting their pets away or getting off of their mounts to talk to NPCs.
    10. Poorly drawn survey maps.
    11. Players living in PVP zones.
    12. DLC NPCs that always have something to say to you.

This is a fine list that works for me but I would add all pets that glow/flap and Mirri getting cross with me for picking torchbugs when I'm actually trying to interact with something else. Love her, but as my best friend she should have noticed by now that it is not intentional...
    Options
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

I was thinking about that after crafting reset this evening. I did manage to get my crafting completed before the servers went down, however I am also wondering if they will be reset when the servers are back up. :)

As for the endeavours, I had two completed from crafting dailies so we will see if they do reset or as Zos_Kevin posted (link above,) they will carry over on server restoration, which is the 14th March where I live, not the 13th as described.

BTW, who had the daylight savings change?

Anyway, I'm confused because of something else that peeves me off is on the forums oftentimes Zos uses local server time rather than UTC when describing events. They are getting better at it, but the odd slip-up happens from time to time.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »

BTW, who had the daylight savings change?

The US did. March 12th.
    Options
  • Flameweaver1951
    Flameweaver1951
    ✭✭✭
    Daylight saving starts in the UK (and I believe in Europe as well) on Sunday March 26th
    Options
  • Dovershark
    Dovershark
    ✭✭✭
    An NPC attacking you and firing through a solid stone wall.
    The grunt every NPC makes when it's about to attack.
    Flappy pets in your face, make them killable.
    Options
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    q0zhqoghu09a.jpg
    Options
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weapons/shield/hair clipping through armor.
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When one post contains more than 5 paragraphs ( written like an essay and takes up like 25% or more of a page).

Also getting kicked from dungeon group before the final boss is defeated.
    Edited by wilykcat on March 13, 2023 12:51PM
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When zos says it's a global reveal, and gives the day and the date, except the date isn't on that day for the whole globe, and you don't know if they mean the day closest to the date, or the date but not the day, and you have to be on the lookout for two days.

If zos wants to be global, it needs to get its head around datelines.
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    When one post contains more than 5 paragraphs ( written like an essay and takes up like 25% or more of a page).

And people who quote the whole of the (lengthy) original post. Why do they do that?
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »

And people who quote the whole of the (lengthy) original post. Why do they do that?

Only to say
    I agree
    Options
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭

I suspect that sometimes, in an intense debate, it is to avoid being told they are quoting something out of context. But usually it is unnecessary, I agree!
    Options
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that the one common thing that every overland mob has is a snare or slow, so when you accidently pull them it takes even longer to de agro them, small overland mobs should not have CC.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
    Options
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pet peeves are…
    - Some NPC skills being better than our skills. Vampire and Necromancer skills mostly. Vampire npcs have much cooler more vampiric looking skills. And NPC necromancers can actually summon zombies and melee oriented undead and buff their pets. All we get is temporary walking glorified “dots” pretending to be a pet.
    - Endeavors currency taking ages to build up. They should either lower the cost of items or raise the amount we gain.
    - Crown store in general. A lot of those cosmetics should be earn-able in game during activities. I know endeavors are the devs solution to the problem, but it’s not ideal or the same. Unless you up the amount of endeavors we gain.
    - No new sorc pets. Sorcs should be able to summon a variety of different pets, but we’ve been stuck with the same 3 for years. At least allow us to change what they look like. Warden bears too.
    Options
  • Redtrek524
    Redtrek524
    ✭✭
    Stop making weapons dissappear when using skills & momentos.
    Options
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having to leave the banker to change bank function.
    Options
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭✭
    This loading screen. Someone made that art, and forgot a tiny detail about how loading screen layout works. Oupsie?
    wk9ux3lf4cw6.png
    Options
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    **Disclaimer** I took some of y'alls because they were my pet peeves and either rewrote them to fit what I wanted to say about it or just plain copied them :wink:

*Mirri rapport being affected by picking up torchbugs and butterflies
    *Bastian rapport being affected by cheese
    *Trading system being locked behind guild membership
    *Stalking NPC's. Yes I am looking at you Stuga
    *Skills don't always activate when I press them
    *Can’t do this or that because I’m stuck in combat.
    *Not having a dedicated house item bag
    *Can't call companion while mounted
    *When I press the button to gather resources and my character does nothing
    *When I have to jump over a rock because it brought me to a complete halt, that I should be able to walk or run right over
    *Aim priority for bugs, frogs, snakes, rabbits, deer, etc when aiming at a mob.
    OR...you kill a mob and try to loot it and if it's close to a Interactable Object you loot the Object before looting the mob OR...You aim at a plant or metal ore pile and you pluck up or mine up a torchbug or butterfly instead
    *Flapping pets everywhere
    *Players casting stuff on me in towns
    *Partially Looted Treasure Chests OR only Simple and Intermediate Chests being left in Zones (I nip those Selfish people in the butt by not taking the Simple and Intermediates either)
    *The low Endeavour Point Gains and the high amounts needed just to get something with them
    *Mudballs
    *People who spam spells at the outfit station or crafting stations (inside a building is the most annoying)
    *Only being able to jump one inch high
    *Surveys (or is it Treasure Maps????) not stacking
    *No way to break down furnishings or companion gear
    *With each new Chapter the number of recipes, furnishings, surveys, treasure maps.. etc increases , but bags/bank limits do not
    *Trying to loot a container, jump, talk to another NPC, etc and end up interacting with my companion or the NPC on the quest with me
    *Bound Stuff
    *And having a Cat Companion (Khajiit) that hates fishing....
    Edited by Tia413 on March 14, 2023 5:46PM
    Options