Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

update 35 almost kill the game

• Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be the combination of a new zone DLC to do, and the U36 block bug, that would be reducing the number of people looking for pug trials right now?

(personally, I'm not in any guilds, so my "are there people playing" is just whether I see people around when I log in and do things. And whenever I log in to do things, there's people around. Doesn't seem 'dead' to me. /shrug)
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kappachi wrote: »
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    update 35 saved the game for me, it was too easy before and it was getting to the point you wouldn't even see boss mechanics in veteran dungeons; now everything is balanced, dungeons are fun and challenging to go through again, ETC.

I dont know what game you're playing, Update 35 didn't make the game harder it made the game mind numbingly easier.

It made weaving and light attacks less effective which in turn turned the difficulty of content up by about 10%, what do you mean easier?

Increasing buff/dot times = less actions per minute = easier.
    They lowered the health of dg/trial bosses to make up for the loss of dps from weaving = easier.

• auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    update 35 saved the game for me, it was too easy before and it was getting to the point you wouldn't even see boss mechanics in veteran dungeons; now everything is balanced, dungeons are fun and challenging to go through again, ETC.

I dont know what game you're playing, Update 35 didn't make the game harder it made the game mind numbingly easier.

It made weaving and light attacks less effective which in turn turned the difficulty of content up by about 10%, what do you mean easier?

They lowered the health of dg/trial bosses to make up for the loss of dps from weaving = easier.

How is increasing dot timers less actions per minute? The apm stays the same, you just press the same button more times in a row waiting for the dot timers to need refreshing.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    auz wrote: »

How is increasing dot timers less actions per minute? The apm stays the same, you just press the same button more times in a row waiting for the dot timers to need refreshing.

All I'm trying to get at is, less buffs/dots to keep up in a rotation = easier.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me u35 felt like the worst patch I've even experienced in this game and it made playing my Necro mainjust feel awful, however that was not the thing that made me quit it was the "this is fine carry on" message that u36 delivered, I was really high on the copium during all of u35 thinking they couldn't possibly leave the game like this but, guess I was wrong...
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭

All I'm trying to get at is, less buffs/dots to keep up in a rotation = easier.

Nope - rotation is harder on some characters with less DPS and they nerf good builds again.

With skills as example on DK with timers 4/10/14/15/18/20/24/35 seconds - it is not any easier.

The same time more easy and not playable, not interesting combat with not working skills is not some thing I as a player want.

If this game will only need to press 1 button like a parrot - I would not play it.

The same time I play on HA build.

They make our builds casual and useless.
    One of the most beautiful and interesting builds in game was just destroyed.

Even HA of lightning staves was changed.

And even no information was given about it.

Do I as a player need it ? Nope.

If some pet sorc 1 pannel build on LA with 1-2 buttons and 110k+ DPS becomes more easy - will not help me If i play other class, not interested in sorce and my skills are nerfed/changed or remade to some thing like "new jabs".
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 14, 2022 8:09AM
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zezin wrote: »
    For me u35 felt like the worst patch I've even experienced in this game and it made playing my Necro mainjust feel awful, however that was not the thing that made me quit it was the "this is fine carry on" message that u36 delivered, I was really high on the copium during all of u35 thinking they couldn't possibly leave the game like this but, guess I was wrong...

Ha. If only there was an FAQ out there so the community didn't have only the next update from which to glean intent and future direction...

In all seriousness it's pretty normal for patches after a major change to be "quieter," so it's not unexpected, but with the promised Q&A still not delivered I can understand why it feels like u36 is the response. It really isn't though. It's just the usual pattern.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my experience:
    • my trading guild had to dump a bunch of people because they weren't playing any more, and a bunch of people have posted that they're stepping away from the game. Trading on the whole feels slower. People aren't buying.
    • my training guild also has a bunch of people posting that they're just not playing much anymore, many because they experienced issues with getting into the game after the most recent patch, and it's just one more thing on top of all of the issues we've had this year
    • I know a few people from each guild who could not play at all after this latest patch, and they've heard absolutely nothing on their support tickets after trying everything the troubleshooting thread on here suggested. One guy actually reinstalled Windows to get the game to work, because nothing else - fresh installs of the game, etc - worked.

My takeaway: people are frustrated, and many are leaving.

This feels like it could have been avoided.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EnKor wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I can only speak for my own perspective and communities, but things have definitely quieted down since U35. My prog group is on infinite hiatus, social guilds struggle to fill even casual runs, and a lot of players have swapped to other games. The game is not dead by any means, but the constant combat chages and U35 in particular have chased away a lot of people or at the very least impacted their playtime (sending courage to templar mains :smile:). At least ZOS listened and the changes this patch were minimal, but I don't know if it was enough to bring people back.

bring people back?! There's almost noone in game.
    This is my bigest guild with most active players:

s8w49vd8gwpf.png

A guild dying has no bearing on the entire population of a game. What goes on in the very narrow slice of the game that any one of us sees is just that, a very narrow slice of the game. It is hard to find a smaller slice than a guild.

The fact remains that the game is not dead or near its death bed and the majority of players are still here.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

True. APM has not changed. All extending the DoT/Buff timers did was reduce the effect of not quickly noticing the DoT or Buff ended. Theoretically, it makes playing the game easier but the "improvement" is marginal for the player who struggles with this since DPS still comes down to damage per action and quality of the overall build.

• MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    A guild dying has no bearing on the entire population of a game. What goes on in the very narrow slice of the game that any one of us sees is just that, a very narrow slice of the game. It is hard to find a smaller slice than a guild.

The fact remains that the game is not dead or near its death bed and the majority of players are still here.

Games don't die instantly most of the time, it's a drawn out process with jarring changes that slowly bleed out players; which is exactly the path the game is on right now.

If you truly believe since U35 the game hasn't been losing players and the general feeling of the game from player's perspectives hasn't gotten much worse you must be in some sort of extreme echo chamber.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But those vet bosses are also 10% less beefier, so how has it become more difficult?

It’s solo arena players, PvPers, and “the floor” who got a more tedious game with U35.

Edited by Jaraal on November 15, 2022 4:37AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Games don't die instantly most of the time, it's a drawn out process with jarring changes that slowly bleed out players; which is exactly the path the game is on right now.

If you truly believe since U35 the game hasn't been losing players and the general feeling of the game from player's perspectives hasn't gotten much worse you must be in some sort of extreme echo chamber.

So far people have been declaring ESO dead or dying since 2014. That is a very slow death.

You are correct that some players will have the perspective that the game has died or is dying or has gotten much worse for them but it is based on the very small segment of the game each of us can see. The example the OP privdes is a tiny 500 member guild. Such things often do not measure up with the realities of the playerbase as a whole.

In fact, the only actual information we have access is the Steam charts. While it is not a true sampling of PC it is unbiased and it does show much more than a tiny 500 member guild and is unbiased. The average number of players for the last three months is greater than it was for the same months in 2019, the last time those months were not affected by COVID. So no, I am not in an echo chamber but I also ignore hyperbole.

I am not saying I like U35. I am merely pointing out that the only real information have about the health of the games population says the game is not even trending towards dying. Please provide unbiased data that shows a large swath of the games population that shows the population of the game is trending downwards significantly since U35.

Regards,
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far people have been declaring ESO dead or dying since 2014. That is a very slow death.

You are correct that some players will have the perspective that the game has died or is dying or has gotten much worse for them but it is based on the very small segment of the game each of us can see. The example the OP privdes is a tiny 500 member guild. Such things often do not measure up with the realities of the playerbase as a whole.

In fact, the only actual information we have access is the Steam charts. While it is not a true sampling of PC it is unbiased and it does show much more than a tiny 500 member guild and is unbiased. The average number of players for the last three months is greater than it was for the same months in 2019, the last time those months were not affected by COVID. So no, I am not in an echo chamber but I also ignore hyperbole.

I am not saying I like U35. I am merely pointing out that the only real information have about the health of the games population says the game is not even trending towards dying. Please provide unbiased data that shows a large swath of the games population that shows the population of the game is trending downwards significantly since U35.

Regards,

Are you looking for charts that show player population over time while specifically saying what we all know in your post that we don't have access to that other than steam charts? Seems a bit like you're ignoring a pretty obvious state of the game just because we don't have access to one piece of evidence, that we won't ever have.

I realize a lot of the filling details are anecdotal but if you just talk to your peers within the game it's abundantly clear how much less lively the entire game is. Friends list saying 0/99 players online constantly, guilds disbanding, pvp population incredibly sparce and dying out with the attitude towards pvp being worse than ever and that's saying something, craglorn emptier than I've ever seen it since I've started playing, twitch numbers for ESO massively down, videos about eso on youtube less frequent and less viewed in general. Not to mention if you do a deeper dive on a lot of these(twitch/youtube) that most of it is speaking about what we're speaking about right now; deeply regretful about the state of the game and giving suggestions to fix it, or speaking about how they're looking for something else in the future.

This game is completely focused on bringing new players in who maybe play for a few months, spend a few bucks in the crown store, and move on. It brings their short-term profits in while they bleed out players who stuck around heavily and completely fail at player retention. It's super obvious and it's not even the first game to behave this way, and it always has an easily foreseeable path.

I mean I like ESO as well but if we're unable to admit the truth and hold the company accountable then we're never going to have a product that's worthwhile in any sense.
    Edited by MetallicMonk on November 15, 2022 6:03AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Regards,

Are you looking for charts that show player population over time while specifically saying what we all know in your post that we don't have access to that other than steam charts? Seems a bit like you're ignoring a pretty obvious state of the game just because we don't have access to one piece of evidence, that we won't ever have.

I realize a lot of the filling details are anecdotal but if you just talk to your peers within the game it's abundantly clear how much less lively the entire game is. Friends list saying 0/99 players online constantly, guilds disbanding, pvp population incredibly sparce and dying out with the attitude towards pvp being worse than ever and that's saying something, craglorn emptier than I've ever seen it since I've started playing, twitch numbers for ESO massively down, videos about eso on youtube less frequent and less viewed in general. Not to mention if you do a deeper dive on a lot of these(twitch/youtube) that most of it is speaking about what we're speaking about right now; deeply regretful about the state of the game and giving suggestions to fix it, or speaking about how they're looking for something else in the future.

This game is completely focused on bringing new players in who maybe play for a few months, spend a few bucks in the crown store, and move on. It brings their short-term profits in while they bleed out players who stuck around heavily and completely fail at player retention. It's super obvious and it's not even the first game to behave this way, and it always has an easily foreseeable path.

I mean I like ESO as well but if we're unable to admit the truth and hold the company accountable then we're never going to have a product that's worthwhile in any sense.

Anecdotal evidence is not necessarily true or reliable by definition. That is why I ask for real data. Since all we have that seems to indicate the game is saying is anecdotal which conflicts with the only real data we have about the larger game it seems to fall into that bucket of questionable reliability.

Telling Zenimax the game is dead when their data says otherwise will not be very convincing.
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anecdotal evidence is not necessarily true or reliable by definition. That is why I ask for real data. Since all we have that seems to indicate the game is saying is anecdotal which conflicts with the only real data we have about the larger game it seems to fall into that bucket of questionable reliability.

Telling Zenimax the game is dead when their data says otherwise will not be very convincing.

Lmao you literally ignored all of the non anecdotal evidence.

Surely the steam numbers being down, twitch numbers being way down, youtube videos being less frequent and way down, everyone's attitude about the game being negative, group forming hotspots being nearly dead, and anybody who makes content to do with this game jumping to other things is a good sign.

I'm sure the one piece of unreleased statistics show a completely different story. Not sure why you want to live in fantasy land, if you think you're helping the game you're honestly doing the opposite.

• SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look on steam charts - you see players drop there on about 15%.

It is more accurate data, because such players have their main character there. As example main on steam and some Alt accounts on standart launcher.

I think drop of real people is 15% on steam and standart platforms, but really - drop on not steam platform in account numbers (not real people) is even biger, because when 1 player leave, if he has Alts - game can lose 1 steam accounts and 3+ accounts on standart kauncher (as example daily writ alts).

Now you lose only active players. What happen next ? As example exp players know how to buy game, from restricted regions. If they completely leave and start promote new games (as example blogers) - you lose them and people who can be interested in game (new players).

If exp players leave - they will not help new players and it will limit a lot of activities in future, so only players interested on quest will play.

Some of them will leave after some time (bored), you will not get new, because only fans if Scrolls series are interested in such thing and they are limited in numbers. You can not get them from nowhere.

After exp players stop talk about TESO as MMO, it will limit new players come in game.

You can not interested such players with "crates" they do not even play.

The same time - if some bloger say - " it is just a donate garbage " - it stops more players to start play, than 10 blogers say good about the game.

With current changes - what will be players opinion ? They can tell really detailed why you better play some other game. They get accounts with a lot of hours played, they can show bugs, lags on video. They do not do so, but I think some of them just have some hope on U37, others do not even want spend time on TESO after U35.

They just leave peace fully.

All games stagnate and close on same schemes.

Even games with better battle system stoped officially exist. When developers completely lose players trust - no one played official servers and game closed.

But real fans do privat server, so game do not officially exist but has pirate server, thats even sounds funny as example.

As example TERA game.
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 15, 2022 7:40AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It is more accurate data, because such players have their main character there. As example main on steam and some Alt accounts on standart launcher

@SPR_of_HA_community

You are correct that the Steam data is more accurate than what happens in one's guild or friends list. It is also unbiased. However, looking at what happened in August vs July is not the appropriate way to look at such data due to seasonal fluctuations.

The way an analyst, especially a business analyst, would look at such a chart is by comparing the same month across different years. Since we saw a boost from COVID in 2020 and slowly decreased in 2021 we should go back to 2019 for clean data.
    Looking at these three months and comparing 2022 to 2019 we see an increase in the average players. Average players is a better indicator than peak since is shows a more sustained player base.

Regards,
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭

It is more accurate data, because such players have their main character there. As example main on steam and some Alt accounts on standart launcher

@SPR_of_HA_community

You are correct that the Steam data is more accurate than what happens in one's guild or friends list. It is also unbiased. However, looking at what happened in August vs July is not the appropriate way to look at such data due to seasonal fluctuations.

The way an analyst, especially a business analyst, would look at such a chart is by comparing the same month across different years. Since we saw a boost from COVID in 2020 and slowly decreased in 2021 we should go back to 2019 for clean data.
    Looking at these three months and comparing 2022 to 2019 we see an increase in the average players. Average players is a better indicator than peak since is shows a more sustained player base.

Regards,

It is not a clear data. In 2019+ you get ru region players, thats why you get 25k+ players numbers. You get 1 more big region of players. Yes COVID give you some numbers, but players from ru regions - like to play games that are translated - a lot of them do not know English.

With out COVID you already have 16+ k active players in Steam. Now it is 13k.

You can say about some region restrictions - but - even with them before U35 it was 16k+ players and all restrictions are easely avoidable, so if even 1 player from such region knows how to do it - ALL players from there knows how to do it )

Because such players are more focused on different forums, thats why if you see ru forum part of TESO here is quite empty.
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 15, 2022 8:09AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nearly every update people say that this update killed the game. ESO should have died like 35 times already.
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    mocap wrote: »
    nearly every update people say that this update killed the game. ESO should have died like 35 times already.

before last updates, i can make 35 vtrials easy per day. Now....maybe i make one...or two...maybe 3! But 4?!
    And you come with jokes?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@SPR_of_HA_community

Regards,

It is not a clear data. In 2019+ you get ru region players, thats why you get 25k+ players numbers. You get 1 more big region of players. Yes COVID give you some numbers, but players from ru regions - like to play games that are translated - a lot of them do not know English.

You can say about some region restrictions - but - even with them before U35 it was 16k+ players and all restrictions are easely avoidable, so if even 1 player from such region knows how to do it - ALL players from there knows how to do it )

Because such players are more focused on different forums, thats why if you see ru forum part of TESO here is quite empty.

The 28k plays is right at the point of COVIC lockdowns starting in mass. I assume that is what you are speaking of since you do not offer any dates for any of the numbers you provide.

• SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭

@SPR_of_HA_community

Regards,

The 28k plays is right at the point of COVIC lockdowns starting in mass. I assume that is what you are speaking of since you do not offer any dates for any of the numbers you provide.

Yes, but just minus from that number of players from ru region, that start play near same time.

Game was quite popular and a lot of players who do not play it before start play it. Than you can see a drop to 20k players on steam charts.

The reason was - regional prices and game translated to ru language, that make a lot number of players play it.

But after that - server was overloaded and big number of players leave the game because of bad perfomance and unpopular changes.

I think, even with out COVID this number would be about may be 25k players.

Game was very good made and a lot of players tell about it in 2019 year, the same time - new region of players was added.

All numbers and dates are the same and are posted on same sources we both look, so I do not think I need to post it to much.

I am really lazy one )
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 15, 2022 4:24PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EnKor wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I can only speak for my own perspective and communities, but things have definitely quieted down since U35. My prog group is on infinite hiatus, social guilds struggle to fill even casual runs, and a lot of players have swapped to other games. The game is not dead by any means, but the constant combat chages and U35 in particular have chased away a lot of people or at the very least impacted their playtime (sending courage to templar mains :smile:). At least ZOS listened and the changes this patch were minimal, but I don't know if it was enough to bring people back.

bring people back?! There's almost noone in game.
    This is my bigest guild with most active players:

s8w49vd8gwpf.png

While not hard numbers twitch will definitely give you an idea of overall interest and numbers for eso stream are down quite a bit. A lot of their biggest streamers are off playing other games right after a big update. That's not great.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost 9 years since I started playing this game. It's so sad to say but this game is heading towars a trash game quarter by quarter. It's the only game I've spent thousand of hours in since it was such a great game heading towars even greater horizons. THEN poor decisions or poor people hired IMO has made the game slowly going down the drain.

So many people including me have tried and get our voices heard after testing PTS, bugs etc but last years it falls on deaf ears.
    I just got a reply in this thread I made https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7753583/#Comment_7753583

I mean... What is there to say?
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    Almost 9 years since I started playing this game. It's so sad to say but this game is heading towars a trash game quarter by quarter. It's the only game I've spent thousand of hours in since it was such a great game heading towars even greater horizons. THEN poor decisions or poor people hired IMO has made the game slowly going down the drain.

So many people including me have tried and get our voices heard after testing PTS, bugs etc but last years it falls on deaf ears.
    I just got a reply in this thread I made https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7753583/#Comment_7753583

I mean... What is there to say?

I understand what you feel with that reply.... Once i report a bug too, and i cant say what happen cuz "we are not allow comment moderation actions" but it was not good for me.
    between Updates and Developers and Moderations i see no future in the game. But, maybe im wrong... i wanna belive im wrong.
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is dying while also not dying at the same time. Dying because there is almost no social interaction/groups making effort/Combat being gutted and not dying because this game simply makes way too much money.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@SPR_of_HA_community

Regards,

Yes, but just minus from that number of players from ru region, that start play near same time.

Game was quite popular and a lot of players who do not play it before start play it. Than you can see a drop to 20k players on steam charts.

The reason was - regional prices and game translated to ru language, that make a lot number of players play it.

But after that - server was overloaded and big number of players leave the game because of bad perfomance and unpopular changes.

Game was very good made and a lot of players tell about it in 2019 year, the same time - new region of players was added.

All numbers and dates are the same and are posted on same sources we both look, so I do not think I need to post it to much.

I am really lazy one )

ESO has players in Russia before they added language localization in 2020. Zenimax's big announcement stated that Russian language support would be an official part of the game starting Update 26 for PC/Mac on May 26, 2020. However, people in Russia were playing ESO before the language support was added.

Just like we have Spanish-speaking players in ESO now and have for years even though ESO have not have Spanish language support did not start until this year.

So it is an assumption that there was a massive influx of Russian players during the past couple of years.

Please note that I have provided links to the information I have cited.

• SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭

@SPR_of_HA_community

Regards,

I am really lazy one )

ESO has players in Russia before they added language localization in 2020. Zenimax's big announcement stated that Russian language support would be an official part of the game starting Update 26 for PC/Mac on May 26, 2020. However, people in Russia were playing ESO before the language support was added.

Just like we have Spanish-speaking players in ESO now and have for years even though ESO have not have Spanish language support did not start until this year.

So it is an assumption that there was a massive influx of Russian players during the past couple of years.

Please note that I have provided links to the information I have cited.

It is not an assumption. It is just how it is.

I am ru player and I played starting from 2016/2017

Yes a little part of players played TESO from ru regions, but their numbers was quite small.

The same time ALL players I start with leave the game.

Not a lot of RU players will play Teso for 40$ , but when regional prise drop to 5$ some players try the game. The same time in Ru - region some people know English, some Germany, some Chiness as second language. English is not primary foreign language. Some players in Ru - can know German but they do not understand English as example.

It is like ... would you play Chiness game that is not translated ? Some our players do. But for a lot of them English not translated game is like playing Chinese game for you.

They do not understand anything that is written.

So not a big part of players play not translated games.

The same time when ZOS lower prises and overload servers - some old players leave the game or was mad, because they can not normally play. So TESO get players and bots - that farm gold, but lose real players who was ready to pay for game more than 5 dolars )

So it do not look strange that gold grow in prises to 1200+ now ? ) From 300 ?

Thats why you see 28 k players that than fast drop to 20k )
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 16, 2022 8:07AM
  • Lucjan
    Lucjan
    ✭✭✭
    Steam statistics is the only reliable indicator we have, but looking just at the peeks is a bit misleading.
    The way I see it, ESO is changing, it has been doing that for a while now. It is becoming more and more a solo and casual experience and a certain number of the existing players doesn't like it.

While 1 or 2 years ago one could argue that it's just a phase, the more recent past makes the path forward for ESO pretty clear. So we are looking at the straw that broke the camel's back moments like U33 or U35 where these players say "that's enough". But make no mistake, new players who like the direction the game is heading towards, are coming in.

It also makes a lot of sense from ZOS' point of view. Going with the "classic" MMORPG crowd is risky, the competition in this area is still strong and one might argue only getting stronger. But playing the Elder Scrolls card with lore and exploration while catering to an ever increasing more casual crowd allows them to sort of sidestep that competition.
    So ESO will continue to bleed players in certain areas while gaining other players in their "new core experience". At least that's how I see it.