Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Jabs...old vs. new

• KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new animation is horrible, bring back the old one!
    kargen27 wrote: »
    KiltMaster wrote: »
    Hate it - do you think they will ever bring back the old animation? My guess: probably not ..

I hope not. This animation better fits the adjustments made to the skill and makes it easier to see when a group is stacked.

It's just .. bad tho, and not satisfying IMO
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a Pvper...templars need a slow animation on these damn jabs....it still doesn't stop the most top teir of Templar Pvpers, but now the regular smoh can't overwhelm other experienced classes via just jabbing. Jabs...honestly was one of the few morphs that needed to be nerfed for Pvp...my PVE templar has NO problems main land and for trials, WBs, or arenas. Just PVP templars seem to hate it most.

No pvp templar has ever overwhelmed other "experience classes" by just jabbing.
    Never. Ever. Ever.
    This is completely untrue.

Here is a post from discord from @Dekrypted:

I wasn't kidding in my forum post when I said I had a video showing how you can just ignore jabs
    https://youtu.be/qUso9IpSuEY

and another short video from a very experienced pvp healer I know on discord:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jclqqg7bewk

Jabs are and have always been easy for experienced players to deal with.
    The only time templar has ever had good potential is if backlash is strong AND a templar is able to stay on the offense for those 6 seconds so it hits hard COMBINED with a burst ult and a well timed stun and a quick auto animation cancel into beam.
    Recently with the javelin changes, ice comet into javelin has had some big burst potential when timed with a fully stacked backlash PRE-NERF.

To reiterate, only using jabs has never had the ability to kill experienced players. Ever. Experienced players, like in the videos linked have always been able to deal with jabs.

That second clip though... LOL
    Options
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS really needs to revisit this animation change and revert it back so that the animation matches the other templar spear animations.
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    ZOS really needs to revisit this animation change and revert it back so that the animation matches the other templar spear animations.

Or leave it be as it matches the skill it represents.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But it looks soooo silly using it. Deltia’s wet poodle imitation is so similar…it’s almost laughable if it wasn’t. I die a little inside when I use it, which is very rarely these days.
    Options
  • Serpari
    Serpari
    ✭✭✭
    Galiferno wrote: »
    Not only does it look horrible, but using a vampiric motif for a skill from the AEDRIC Spear skill line is just nonsensical. Please give more care and attention to the world your game takes place in, ZOS.

This right here is my main issue. It's the staff from the Nighthollow style, which is a motif based on a vampire clan. Per its own lore, we're Templars of Stendarr. It's jarring.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/nighthollow-maple-staff/
    Edited by Serpari on April 24, 2023 4:38PM

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Eating my wings to make me tame
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cringe every time I am forced to use the new terrible animation.
    Options
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Except it doesn't match the skill it represents. It's a night hollow stave now, not an Aedric spear of light as all the other templar spear animation are.

Edited by SaffronCitrusflower on April 23, 2023 9:42PM
    Options
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    The new animation is cool, keep it that way!
    Ngl I hated the old animation because it seemed so sweaty lol especially if you're on the receiving end of it. Someone starts goin ham on you with it and as a dk you're just like... is it that serious man calm down xD Like this isn't dbz!
    Options
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ngl I hated the old animation because it seemed so sweaty lol especially if you're on the receiving end of it. Someone starts goin ham on you with it and as a dk you're just like... is it that serious man calm down xD Like this isn't dbz!

That's funny hah. Now you just imagine that same scenario with a NB huh?

Still I wish we had old jabs back but I def know how you feel.
    The ending of the words is ALMSIVI
    Options
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    At this point, I suspect the old jabs are dead, buried, and rotted...... I'd just like to get the javelins that Isobel has.....she throws them in a cone and can hit more than one target......

Auldwulfe
    Options
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    Yeah, don't care.

People are still to this day really super overdramatic about this animation change, it's not even bad.
    Options
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    After playing with my magplar for a month or so, I am ok with the new animation.

I just wish it dealt more damage.

ah well, at least the beam is cool.
    PvP needs more love.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have played with it and not been bothered. If I focus on it though; it bothers me. Sometimes I think its just the size of it
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My templars have been shelved since the change. Want to play a templar not a grave digger.
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care

Except it doesn't match the skill it represents. It's a night hollow stave now, not an Aedric spear of light as all the other templar spear animation are.

I meant in the timing of the animation and the skill. Plus it is easier to see when a group is stacked.
    Options
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I meant in the timing of the animation and the skill. Plus it is easier to see when a group is stacked.

You keep saying this on every thread. It's bizarre to me that something like a spear thrust animation, supposed to be pointing forward at the target- as spears do- thrusting forward!... is swinging hard enough for you to see it like that. Should every class spammable swing wildly at the hips, then, so we can see the dance moves in a stack? Stack visibility is most certainly not even remotely on my mind when considering the worth of an animation.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
    Options
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    The new animation is cool, keep it that way!
    My templars have been shelved since the change. Want to play a templar not a grave digger.

You're digging the grave of your enemies.
    Is what I would say if anyone died to jabs anymore.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's actually the worst part about the whole thing.... the digging with a wooden staff. And literally no one would swing a pointed stick in an actual battle and risk breaking it off on someone's leg armor. Yet, here we are.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Typically graves are dug after the battle, to avoid attacking the enemies' ankles repetitively thinking you're killing them....
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
    Options
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But they didn’t die from jabs, they died from laughter after seeing the weird new flailing fishing animation that jabs has now,
    Options
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a fan.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    Options
  • Ariordin
    Ariordin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Dev's silence on the jabs change is the ONLY thing keeping me from spending money on this game. Its disrespectful to long standing players of this game.
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care

You keep saying this on every thread. It's bizarre to me that something like a spear thrust animation, supposed to be pointing forward at the target- as spears do- thrusting forward!... is swinging hard enough for you to see it like that. Should every class spammable swing wildly at the hips, then, so we can see the dance moves in a stack? Stack visibility is most certainly not even remotely on my mind when considering the worth of an animation.

yes I say it in every thread. Because it is true. The animation timing matches the timing of the skill. It is also easier to see when groups are stacked. Those two things are all I care about. The aesthetics of the skill doesn't matter much at all to me. It took three maybe four world boss solos to get used to the new animation. I don't care how pretty it is but how functional it is.
    Options
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yes I say it in every thread. Because it is true. The animation timing matches the timing of the skill. It is also easier to see when groups are stacked. Those two things are all I care about. The aesthetics of the skill doesn't matter much at all to me. It took three maybe four world boss solos to get used to the new animation. I don't care how pretty it is but how functional it is.

Those of us who don't relish the thought of swinging a "spear" back and forth and side to side instead of stabbing forward will continue to be dissatisfied. I still would never consider stack visibility to factor into functionality whatsoever. But you do you...
    Edited by Suna_Ye_Sunnabe on April 27, 2023 5:29PM
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
    Options
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    Both old and new jab looks awful
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
    Options