The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So whatever happened to that Q&A?

Mr_Stach
Mr_Stach
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
np2188bwjbl5.png

Did we miss that or did that happen outside of the Official ESO Forums, much like the announcement that Empower was only going to affect Fully Charged Heavies via Discord?
Edited by Psiion on September 12, 2022 2:22AM
Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We are still working on this. It was not missed. We are making sure we work to address core issues overall. We'll have more info on this soon.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We are still working on this. It was not missed. We are making sure we work to address core issues overall. We'll have more info on this soon.

Ok thank you Kevin, I just wasn't sure if I had missed that, because I REALLY do not want to miss that because I'm sure that people have a lot of great questions to ask and I also am looking for some answers as well.

• Arjuna1696
    Arjuna1696
    ✭✭✭
    Also doesn't the new patch drop in less than a week??
    Arjúna | Wood Elf Stamina Warden | of the Undying Song | Flawless Conquerer
    Tangles-Up-In-Blue | Argonian Magicka Warden | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Marcełine | Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Nausîcaä | Breton Magicka Templar | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the 22nd..... so 6 days

• Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    On the 22nd..... so 6 days

Don't worry, you'll get the QA like ~3 days before the update and the difference between week 5 PTS and then will be... well... bugfixes
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We are making sure we work to address core issues overall.

So any update on that "focus on magicka based [...] sorcerers" we were promised? One single solitary buff to daedric prey doesn't address any of the multitudinous issues we've gone over and over and over on the forum. Is the total crapitude of any non-zookeeper Sorcerer one of those core issues you're still "working to address"? Sure hope so.

Edited by acastanza_ESO on August 16, 2022 6:18PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just for clarity here based off of @acastanza_ESO question, we will be addressing core questions around U35 combat changes overall. We will not be addressing specific changes. Those will be noted in patch notes and have been highlighted throughout PTS.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for clarity here based off of @acastanza_ESO question, we will be addressing core questions around U35 combat changes overall. We will not be addressing specific changes. Those will be noted in patch notes and have been highlighted throughout PTS.

Can you give us an example of what a "core question" is? Because that's basically a term you're self-defining and so we have no point of reference for what such a question would actually concern.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, it's extremely unfortunate that your Q&A won't actually comment on major issues re:class balance and identity that we've been clamoring for answers on. Or areas where severe deficits in ZOS's "adjustments" have been repeatedly documented but not actually addressed.

But at least we might be getting something on how any of these changes at all are supposed to address "accessibility"...

I really hope I'm wrong, but this is kind of looking to me like the Q&A isn't going to be an actual Q&A but instead a PR stunt.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on August 16, 2022 6:58PM
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think a lot of the Class Changes should be considered a Core Issue tbh.

Take Warden for instance, Some of the largest sweeping changes, complete rework of a passive, tying Destro directly to a Class Skill, Several other Heavy nerfs to the toolkit, but barely any Developer Comments.

The #1 things that we wanted a Comment on (from the warden community) we got 0 comments on. Just seemingly random changes out in left field.

• Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin That sound like after it goes live, which serves no purpose other than to pretend that the team is listening.

How about someone working on an apology for their arrogant "knee-jerk" statement that dismissed the valid concerns of the community? The community deserves that much.
    Edited by Cyber10 on August 16, 2022 10:17PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we have... 3 more business days left until the patch goes live.

So this Q&A (if it actually materializes) will definitely be happening AFTER the patch drops. At that point, one must ask themselves what the point even is anymore other than seemingly to check the box that they did it.

And even if, by some miracle, player comments are turned into positive changes in the next patch... couldn't so much of this have simply been averted by listening to the players in real-time as this PTS was occurring?!

This PTS format is fundamentally BROKEN if the devs don't actually listen to the players doing the testing in time for that feedback to matter.
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm yes, I love when the Q&A is the team asking their own questions and answering their own questions.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AinSoph wrote: »
    Mmmm yes, I love when the Q&A is the team asking their own questions and answering their own questions.

Or cherry pick questions that don't even ask much.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Onomog
    Onomog
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I wouldn't hold it against you guys if the Q&A was just abandoned. I don't think there's much, if anything, that could be said that's going to change people's minds about this update. If anything it might do you all more harm than good since anything you say is going to be put under a microscope.

This update had done *a lot* of damage to the good will and faith the player base had and a Q&A isn't going to easily fix things, not by a long shot.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is the document they're working on titled...

Post-Mortem (Part Deus)?
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, it's extremely unfortunate that your Q&A won't actually comment on major issues re:class balance and identity that we've been clamoring for answers on. Or areas where severe deficits in ZOS's "adjustments" have been repeatedly documented but not actually addressed.

But at least we might be getting something on how any of these changes at all are supposed to address "accessibility"...

I really hope I'm wrong, but this is kind of looking to me like the Q&A isn't going to be an actual Q&A but instead a PR stunt.

Just like the "Q&A" for AwA turned out to be.
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on August 17, 2022 5:16PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • ramdrop
    ramdrop
    ✭✭✭
    There are only 2 questions that I would like answered that are I feel are far more important than the rest (attached screenshot for reference).
    1. What is the real purpose behind these changes?
    2. Why have you lied?
    zu4whglgqodx.jpg
    Edited by ramdrop on August 17, 2022 6:57AM
  • Rimskjegg
    Rimskjegg
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    I'm curious about how you select questions for this Q&A. Who gets to ask questions, where do they ask them, and how are particular questions chosen?
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AinSoph wrote: »

Or cherry pick questions that don't even ask much.

That is pretty much how I envision it.

It will be a carefully curated set of questions and answers that ultimately do not address any concerns raised and somehow justify this sudden 180 degree turn.

Not sure if they will go as far as shaming us for not embracing it, I guess they could slip that as subtext rather than overtly stating it given that this would be an 'official' Q&A and not an individual's unfiltered thoughts.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on August 17, 2022 7:55AM
  • xthrshx
    xthrshx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scheduling this Q&A for after the update is tone deaf. I hope ZOS fields real player questions and answers them honestly and directly, but I’m not very hopeful. If this is another round of fake questions with vague, politician answers, then I am sorry to say ZOS will be doing more harm to their reputation.
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    [quote="ZOS_Kevin;c-7691808"Those will be noted in patch notes and have been highlighted throughout PTS. [/quote]

I hope this includes things as-yet omitted from any of the weekly notes that I've seen - such as the removal of 1 lightning staff channeled tic for example, which reduced the damage of the full lightning staff heavy attack channel by approximately 16.7%.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xthrshx wrote: »
    Scheduling this Q&A for after the update is tone deaf.

If they scheduled it before the update, that might give the false impression that something might arise from those questions that would be addressed in the update.

I don't think anyone with any notion of how software development works would think that, but not everybody has. With the atmosphere around the update being as charged as it is, a true Q&A is likely to devolve into a venting and raging session that benefits no one.

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I await the 'Q&A' with keeness.

I expect pr fluff interspersed with digs at the community if previous responses are anything to go by.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    xthrshx wrote: »
    Scheduling this Q&A for after the update is tone deaf.

If they scheduled it before the update, that might give the false impression that something might arise from those questions that would be addressed in the update.

I don't think anyone with any notion of how software development works would think that, but not everybody has. With the atmosphere around the update being as charged as it is, a true Q&A is likely to devolve into a venting and raging session that benefits no one.

The Q&A won’t be dynamic, it will be posted and immediately locked, just like the AWA Q&A was.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭
    Cyber10 wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin That sound like after it goes live, which serves no purpose other than to pretend that the team is listening.

How about someone working on an apology for their arrogant "knee-jerk" statement that dismissed the valid concerns of the community? The community deserves that much.

for those who will stick around anyway.....community is going to be ALOT smaller because of this update as were currently seeing ingame (from my own experience between guild and frends list to others saying similar things). will be a shame ultimately , but it is what it is.....the players gave feedback to not go through with this patch and it was heavily ignored. the game loses too much and gets the plug pulled....well thats on ZOS at that point......reminds me of wildstar.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When you say "we" who do you mean?

Everything's just so bloody vague right now. We don't really want to hear from you or Gina. No offense, it's just you two don't have the technical expertise to intelligently answer complex questions about the combat changes.

We want direct communication with Rich Lambert and.... whoever's the head of the combat team, sorry, honestly can't remember who that is.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy, I can’t wait for them to answer absolutely nothing 😮‍💨
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »

When you say "we" who do you mean?

Everything's just so bloody vague right now. We don't really want to hear from you or Gina. No offense, it's just you two don't have the technical expertise to intelligently answer complex questions about the combat changes.

We want direct communication with Rich Lambert and.... whoever's the head of the combat team, sorry, honestly can't remember who that is.

Brian Wheeler is Lead Combat Designer. (Also Lead PvP Designer)

Alec Verish (Gilliamtherogue) - who wrote the Combat Preview for U35 - is a Combat Designer as well.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how many beverages were spit out reading this worldwide...