Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What happened to Craglorn trials groups?

Fariahni
Fariahni
✭✭✭
I might just have really bad luck, but I have had a really rough time finding normal trials through Craglorn. I have always been able to pop over to Craglorn and find a trial group, but it's been so quiet lately, so I was wondering what's happened to a lot of the people who would normally be doing trials at all times of the day. They seem to just be gone now? z35d04ops7np.png

What happened to Craglorn trials groups? 151 votes

I don't do normal trials
29%
chessalavakia_ESORDMyers65b14_ESODanikatCoatmagicDaiKahnAmphithoeAnhedoniecaptainwolfosC0L0SSUSSleep724VoodooPlatypusCelephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo0lbertikusSerasWhipheavenelvaSindarinKiralyn2000ToastyTheTyrantcolossalvoidsApostateHobo 44 votes
I don't do normal trials out of craglorn
1%
AvorantiGhaleb 2 votes
I only do normal trials with my guild
25%
thesilverball_ESOGalentspecherb14_ESOAelorinAH93freespiritAlienSlofYukon2112MasterSpatulaNettleCarrierSheridankwinterLumsdenmlDestaiGwythyrfizl101IngenonMichaeGreystaghizium 39 votes
Other (please explain?)
43%
BlueRavenAlchemicaldaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOGedericJordan.nick11b14_ESOWhiteCoatSyndromestevenyaub16_ESOzariaflizomicasparafucilsarwb17_ESOJames-WaynexSkullfoxkiesoValionradiostarPaskeAsdararedspecter23Parasaurolophusdrsalvation 66 votes
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I don’t know what server you’re on but I play PS5-NA and it’s boomin all the time in Belkarth 🤷🏻‍♂️
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    I only do normal trials with my guild
    I only ever do trials with my guild, never with pugs.
  • SimpleTea
    SimpleTea
    I haven't run any trials before, but am interested in doing them. I just don't know how to get involved. When in Belkarth - I 'm on Xbox NA btw - how do I get involved in a trial group? I would like to run Cloudrest as I need gear from their for my build.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would suspect that the recent event that was hosted in Craglorn caused them to spin up an increased number of server shards for the zone diluting the people trying to pug trials. I don't know how responsive their system is to spinning down those shards once it's over but maybe not until the next maintenance?
    Also, I don't know how common it is, but in the days immediately after an event, I tend to play a little less than normal. Maybe give it a couple days for people to get back in.
  • Fariahni
    Fariahni
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the initial responses! I just want to clarify this is on PC-NA, so it might be a little quiet, but I was always able to find at least a couple groups even during the day. As I mentioned I've been looking for a few days, and throughout the event it even felt like people weren't really doing pickup groups for trials in Craglorn much which is why I'm curious what everyone's been up to.
  • Canperial35
    Canperial35
    ✭✭✭
    SimpleTea wrote: »
    I haven't run any trials before, but am interested in doing them. I just don't know how to get involved. When in Belkarth - I 'm on Xbox NA btw - how do I get involved in a trial group? I would like to run Cloudrest as I need gear from their for my build.

You can either use the zone chat saying 'dd/tank/healer lfg for normal/veteran cloudrest' or simply join a guild and get into a premade group for a specific trial.
    Edited by Canperial35 on July 14, 2022 5:42PM
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they're sleeping
  • SimpleTea
    SimpleTea
    Thanks for the reply Canperial 35. :)
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Update 35 patch notes happened.
    Ours is the Fury
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pertinent stuff you forgot to mention: Platform? Server?
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I do not know. But we stop any trials and dunguans runs a year ago with one more nerf to us.

Even play some different game.

When players with 140 k DPS get no nerf but players with 100 k does - what is a point to do some thing?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gederic wrote: »
    Update 35 patch notes happened.

this might have a lot to do with it too lol
    Pertinent stuff you forgot to mention: Platform? Server?

they mention PC/NA
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    When Zeal of Zenithar started I noticed a lot less, if any, runs in zone. Actually I saw more people asking elsewhere, like Summerset. Then PTS happened and people are probably either over there parsing or taking a break. That’s my guess, anyway.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Its mostly vet trials being run out of crags these days, i havent needed any gear for awhile so havent bothered to stand around for a normal over there for a bit
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on Xbox NA and I ported into Belkarth yesterday (Thurs 7/14) at 3:30pm EST and I was the only person there. Not a single other gamertag in sight. I also took screenshots because it was so spooky.

Also, it's taking much longer to fill normal trials during prime time, including ndsr(!) from zone, Craglorn & High Isle. I suspect the instances in High Isle are super tiny as our group of 12 was once split into 3 separate instances, even when travelling to each other which normally will force the same instance.

SimpleTea wrote: »
    Easiest way is to join a guild. Is @SimpleTea your GT? Not really into recruiting, but I'm in a smallish (200ppl) casual guild that enjoys running normal trials for fun & stickerbook, and could invite. We are adults, we have a sense of humor (R-rated but not vulgar) and think it's actually fun to help people get into content they've never done before! Idk if Cloudrest is on the horizon, but if you've never done a normal trial I'd encourage you to do one. Any of 'em. 12 people working together to complete a goal is a really cool thing to be a part of, irl and online!
    Edited by LurgidBean on July 18, 2022 4:40PM
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    people hate multiplaying ..
    its sad world..
    the new changes will help bring back multiplayers,, less damage instea dover powered people who can quickly dfeate everything .. wate peoples time by completing stuff before you even got there lol
    the changes will help//
    and of anything they should equal it by adding more skills to the skill bar..
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do normal trials
    Can't find normals interesting enough, only occasionally when it was a weekly or something but not now.

It's more dead recently as a lot of raiders put the game on hold in various ways, it's not that surprising.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably too many Craglorns. 100 pugs in 2 instances is still 50 pugs in each zone chat. 100 pugs in 12 instances is only like 8 per instance in zone chat. They ask, not enough bites, they leave. It could get better after next maintenance (on Monday?) as it might clear out all the seemingly excess instances of Craglorn left over from Zeal event.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaustink wrote: »
    I don’t know what server you’re on but I play PS5-NA and it’s boomin all the time in Belkarth 🤷🏻‍♂️

It was a ghost town last night.
  • Broken23
    Broken23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    PCNA: Craglorn was very empty last night and today. I wanted to form a normal sunspire group to farm a lead, but nothing. This doesn't look good.

Clearly the reason has to do with the new patch. Please Zos, don't release the patch and also don't place leads in trials
    Edited by Broken23 on July 15, 2022 5:47PM
  • Valion
    Valion
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    PC/EU: Same sad story.
    Saturday evening, 19:00 o'clock, just a bunch of lost souls waiting for that train never to arrive...

I truely don't know what happened. First, I thought it was the event.
    But by now, there should be more action going on again, right?

And I have high doubts about the PTS results keeping people from playing after all.
    "What does not redound to the swarm's advantage, that does not serve the single bee either."
    - Marc Aurel

"We ask not how many, but where they are."
    - Dunmeri Valiant Vow
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see many PUG trials on PC EU lately
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I will occasionally try to hop in a group for normal trials in Craglorn, but lately I've noticed a massive drop in the number of groups forming and for players actively looking for a group in zone chat there. Last night I was farming for about 2 hours in the zone and not a single pug group advertised in zone over the time frame. That would have been unheard of a few months ago.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    They all disbanded after trying out the PTS.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I rarely do trials at all. Last time I farmed normal Sunspire for some of missing set pieces during Elsweyr double drop event. Nowadays, I don't do trials at all. If everyone was like me, that would look like the screenshot in the original post all the time :D

I am simply too tired of nerfs and having to pay attention to every change to skill/gear; even having set collection book to fill is not good enough motivation nowadays :'(
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would suspect that the recent event that was hosted in Craglorn caused them to spin up an increased number of server shards for the zone diluting the people trying to pug trials. I don't know how responsive their system is to spinning down those shards once it's over but maybe not until the next maintenance?
    Also, I don't know how common it is, but in the days immediately after an event, I tend to play a little less than normal. Maybe give it a couple days for people to get back in.
    I think this makes a lot of sense. PC EU here. LFM decreased to near zero on the first day of the event and hasn't recovered. The event predated the patch notes just a little.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    fred4 wrote: »
    I think this makes a lot of sense. PC EU here. LFM decreased to near zero on the first day of the event and hasn't recovered. The event predated the patch notes just a little.

I've had friends ask me whether or not it was even worth experimenting right now because the proposed changes are so big. Normally, folks would be enjoying oakensoul and the other new mythic builds and trying sets out and generally playing the content and with the new gear but folks don't want to do it only to find out it was a waste of time.

And when it comes to trials, rotations and builds are so important that practicing seems like a waste of time if we're moving to 20 second dots because it will more time spent that has to be unlearned. A lot of people are disheartened. They've worked hard to get where they are and they know the changes might mean that it was all for nothing.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went to Craglorn (PC/NA) after the event and found it strangely quiet, whereas before it was usually booming with trial chatter (and occasional silliness) almost at any time. Someone even remarked how dead the zone felt.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I only do trials when there's specific gear I want to farm, there's events, or they are one of the weekly endeavor activities. Like other's have said, I find that players prefer to run trial groups with their guilds rather than PUGs.

It also depends on the time/day of the week it is. The game is also usually more quiet after an event, or when there's an upcoming patch. Especially when the upcoming patch includes numerous changes that are controversial, so players become annoyed, fatigued, or don't like the direction of the game so they play less, or not all until there is positive feedback. I do think that because it is also summer, post lockdowns, people are just playing less in general.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    morrowjen wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »

I've had friends ask me whether or not it was even worth experimenting right now because the proposed changes are so big. Normally, folks would be enjoying oakensoul and the other new mythic builds and trying sets out and generally playing the content and with the new gear but folks don't want to do it only to find out it was a waste of time.

And when it comes to trials, rotations and builds are so important that practicing seems like a waste of time if we're moving to 20 second dots because it will more time spent that has to be unlearned. A lot of people are disheartened. They've worked hard to get where they are and they know the changes might mean that it was all for nothing.
    Yeah, I get that. On top of that Oakensoul is meta in PvP. Building for it was an interesting challenge at first, but it sucks up a lot of time and we know it will be nerfed. At the end of the day I don't like how it plays and what it does to the meta. I also find myself in a holding pattern.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)