Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened to Craglorn trials groups?

• guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    All trials are down. The high number of changes and patches that have caused more upset than joy are just, man.

I enjoyed AwA, but they way they implemented it made many sad, and we had achievo hunters delete characters.

Update 35... It hits the other half of the population that ran trials.

At root of it, there's a push and pull of design and combat not talking with one another. There's so many mechanics in ESO, so many things to learn, but they're hidden. It creates a great learning and skill gap.

Addressing UI would be one of the greatest things they could do to decrease that. Make options more obvious. Rules and buffs/debuffs/effects more obvious. Easier to understand and more evident.

People need to look forward to updates, not become fatigued and depressed by them.
    Edited by guarstompemoji on July 16, 2022 2:11AM
  • Trinnnie
    Trinnnie
    Soul Shriven

PC/EU - I normally run trials daily but haven't been able to find a pug/or guild vet run in Craglorn since days, the zone and chat is dead

Edited by Trinnnie on July 16, 2022 7:23AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    It's the instance
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No gear in trials are well sought after right now..?? Not a big demand is my guess.

Noticed the low population also, but not sure it has anything to do with pts.and the unpopular update.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event caused extra crag servers to be spun. As well as drove players away from crag to farm boxes. Give it abt 2weeks for players to come back from event mini-burnout and crag will be poppin again
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Game is empty, with gear set collection we can just reconstruct and the 5 people that still play trials have the sets already. There's nothing new or interesting to get from trials, only at the top end with godslayer and planesbreaker.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I combine two options because I don't do trials and if I should ever do one, then it would be with guildies only.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    They need to be added to the Finder
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I say the event made Craglorn puging impractical because so many there the instances filled with other players.

Might also an lower interest because peoples sticker books starting to fill up, but Craglorn is also the go to zone to cap for guild run and the guild runs and think most people with full sticker books do mostly guild runs so they would rely more on pugs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • kindred
    kindred
    ✭✭✭
    As folks get their sticker books full or at least get the pieces in their sticker books that they wanted there really isn't a reason to run it anymore.
  • GQManOfTheYear
    GQManOfTheYear
    ✭✭✭
    People are coming up with really terrible answers. On pc, before (and even during) the Zeal of Zenithar event, there were a lot of pick up trial groups. I know because 1) I'd take part in them and 2) I'd travel to Belkarth, Craglorn daily, sometimes two or three times a day to see what the chat was like and possibly take part in a trial run. It's not just in the OP's head. This is an actual thing. I don't know how people gave these terrible answers.
  • warabi
    warabi
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I took a long break last year and came back this year a few months ago. I also have noticed that pug trials have dropped dramatically. I honestly think it's the sticker book. I'm really happy to have the sticker book, but that also means people will be forming trials less since they only need to do it so many times before they never have to do the trial again.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    warabi wrote: »
    I took a long break last year and came back this year a few months ago. I also have noticed that pug trials have dropped dramatically. I honestly think it's the sticker book. I'm really happy to have the sticker book, but that also means people will be forming trials less since they only need to do it so many times before they never have to do the trial again.

I don't think stickerbook is the main reason. People aren't even pugging the new trial, and very few ppl have filled that stickerbook.

It could partly be due to the rising use of Discord. For better or worse, there are no trial lfg tools in the game. With the rise of Discord, most people now use that platform to find like-minded people and schedule runs.
  • Matteo11
    Matteo11
    ✭✭✭
    Another year goes by with no Group Finder browser in the game. You should be able to go to a billboard in Craglorn, or in any major city, and see a list of all the publically listed groups+ /tell the leader.
    ESO needs a PUBLIC GROUP FINDER. This feature alone would bring new life to the game.

Give us a place in game to publicly post our PUG groups and receive /tells about them.
    We've been shouting in Craglorn for too long!
  • warabi
    warabi
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Pevey wrote: »
    warabi wrote: »

I don't think stickerbook is the main reason. People aren't even pugging the new trial, and very few ppl have filled that stickerbook.

It could partly be due to the rising use of Discord. For better or worse, there are no trial lfg tools in the game. With the rise of Discord, most people now use that platform to find like-minded people and schedule runs.

Oh okay, I didn't know that about the new trial. All the more reason why I need to just suck it up and find a casual trial guild I guess. I would really like a lfg for normal trials though.
  • Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    Porting to an INSTANCE of a zone to spam lfg messages and group.Ain't that a AAA mmo experience(sarcasm).
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was in Craglorn last night and this afternoon (e.g. Friday night and Saturday afternoon - time's when Craglorn used to be a hive of activity) and there was... one other person in the zone chat and... one other person around the Belkarth wayshrine. That is dead beyond belief.

• GOAT4EVAR
    GOAT4EVAR
    ✭✭✭
    Been noticing the same thing this week, very few pug trials in craglorn (even during primetime 7-9pm).
  • Gambino108
    Gambino108
    ✭✭✭
    It's been broken since the event. I think too many instances were created to service the demand during the event. Yet typically ZOS have been too busy worrying about light attack values they've forgotten to revert the event changes. I've ported to 20 people in Craglorn different zones testing it over a week and can't find more than a dozen in the instance.

Sort it out guys. PVP dead cos of your changes, now we can't even pug simple Craglorn Trials?

Göllum - PC-EU
  • Fariahni
    Fariahni
    ✭✭✭
    Even when people are instanced, we still see the zone chat messages. Craglorn's been quiet and zone chat's been quiet. Usually raid leads will pop up asking for members to join. That's just doesn't seem to be happening as much lately? This is just my observation, hence why I made the thread.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Saturday night @ 10:30pm Eastern on PlayStation NA. Belkarth is normally packed at this day and time. Totally dead right now.

vkojxr0nhx0x.jpg
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I don't bother with trials, this games mistake was trying to add raid type content.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    I don't bother with trials, this games mistake was trying to add raid type content.

lmao what
  • watts320
    watts320
    ✭✭✭
    I havent found anyone in craglorn looking for a trial. Ive done tons and tons of them, but always only through my guilds. Im on xbox eu, been on it for about 5 maybe 6 years.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Run them guild only. Also with AWA there's no reason to run them on other toons any more.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went to Craglorn on PC EU in the middle of the day on a weekend. Chat is dead. I see 4 people, myself included, and another one is a companion. So only 3 human players. This is the first time I've seen the zone this empty and I was around during the Morrowind patch. I wonder if these people would even come back if ZOS doesn't push these changes live.
    From personal experience the Murkmire PTS incident killed my desire to play for that entire patch and because I hated how Wrathstone butchered Bosmer lore right after it, it lead to me not having played through Murkmire or Northern Elsweyr yet to this day.
    Sad to see the game be reduced to this, but let's hope this is the wake-up call the developers needed.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • ArzyeL
    ArzyeL
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Belkarth Trials LFG on PC EU has been a ghost town ever since Zeal of Zenithar started. Now it's still empty, probably because of U35 patch Notes. It's crazy actually. I don't remember a time when Craglorn zone chat was that empty.

I think it's time for a Trials Finder.
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Talking to people, looking around seems Update 35 simply killed it.

Why farm or gear if ZOS will simply nerf you to ground. Where is the satisfaction ? Where is the reward ? There is none.

So people took a break. In great numbers.
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Gone like a freight train;
    Gone like yesterday;
    Gone like a soldier in the civil war, bang bang;
    Gone like a 59 cadillac;
    And all the good things, that ain't never coming back.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I haven't seen healthy trial activity in months and months, so I stopped bothering to check. There's basically no PUGs anymore for any trials.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 17, 2022 7:39PM