Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened to Craglorn trials groups?

• Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cptscotty wrote: »
    Create a group finder tool for trials. There is no good reason for a game like this not to have one.

We all know how group finder works for dungeons. One thing is to get fake tanks in dungeons but in trials? No thanks.
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    You could get that now. Again...there is no GOOD reason not to have a tool to help players out. Anyone who would disagree is purposely trying to kill the game at this point.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    EF321 wrote: »
    Kirawolfe wrote: »
    I'd suggest it's a few things:
    - Instancing as folks have pointed out
    - Fewer people because of U35
    - Fewer people because of the unprecedented amount of disrupted game play caused by the AWA implementation, and the patch to fix that, then the patch to fix the patch, and subsequent patches to fix those patches, plus the update to hardware and the extensive downtime caused by that and subsequent patching to fix the issues caused by that, plus the release of High Isle and the issues that caused and the general buginess of that release (aka 'why are my druids see through')
    - folks playing Tales of Tribute

Again, instancing does not account for zone chat, which is also DEAD.

Zone chat is per instance.

It absolutely is not.

Not sure how it's on consoles but on PC zone chat is definitely instanced. I wish it was shared somehow tho. It would be alot easier to put pug groups together. I always swap instances if I can't fill quick from my own.

this is correct.
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suspect that the recent event that was hosted in Craglorn caused them to spin up an increased number of server shards for the zone diluting the people trying to pug trials. I don't know how responsive their system is to spinning down those shards once it's over but maybe not until the next maintenance?
    Also, I don't know how common it is, but in the days immediately after an event, I tend to play a little less than normal. Maybe give it a couple days for people to get back in.

Would that affect the number of trials being posted in zone chat? Is zone chat per instance?
    Edited by RodneyRegis on July 20, 2022 12:52PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people have moved on and are no longer playing ESO after witnessing U35. With that comes a purge of many Vet players.

So Trial groups are getting harder to find players now. And any Vet DLC content for that matter is getting harder to find Vet players for.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on what I'm seeing they're gone. Maybe some will stay, whose to say. But from my day with ESO, they're def going to be harder to find and cost for services will probably be much higher. Even if they group for free there will be lots of other people, including Guilds, who will also compete for limited resources.
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • brylars
    brylars
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only do normal trials with my guild
    I am still in the camp that there are instancing issues going on that no one is noticing outside the player base or the devs don't want to stir the pot by saying there is an issue (considering how some are being so vocal about the update).
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    PS NA

Craglorn is still dead at prime time :(
  • prof_doom
    prof_doom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brylars wrote: »
    I am still in the camp that there are instancing issues going on that no one is noticing outside the player base or the devs don't want to stir the pot by saying there is an issue (considering how some are being so vocal about the update).

What's worse, admitting there's a instancing issue, or having everyone claim the game is dying because Craglorn appears empty all the time?
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t you tell if it’s an instancing issue if there’s lots of unfarmed resources around Craglorn? Ordinarily if the zone is reasonably populated at least half the resources are taken, isn’t it?
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't do normal trials
    Thanos snap.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could get that now. Again...there is no GOOD reason not to have a tool to help players out. Anyone who would disagree is purposely trying to kill the game at this point.

more than the devs are already trying to do with blanket nerfs? :D
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭

more than the devs are already trying to do with blanket nerfs? :D

I can queue up for a random dungeon right now with no gear past level 1 on and be perfectly fine. This game could use quite a few nerfs.
  • Lucozade85
    Lucozade85
    ✭✭✭
    I don't do normal trials
    SimpleTea wrote: »
    I haven't run any trials before, but am interested in doing them. I just don't know how to get involved. When in Belkarth - I 'm on Xbox NA btw - how do I get involved in a trial group? I would like to run Cloudrest as I need gear from their for my build.

Might be easier just asking in zone chat. Most trials require 2 tanks, 2 healers and 8 dds. The only exception I can think of is veteran Cloudrest which requires 3 tanks. If you're doing normal trials then you shouldn't need to optimise group compositions. Just type in zone chat lf 2t 2h 7dd (assuming you're a dd) and people should ask for an invite. You might need to try different zones to get a full group though. If you're looking to do Cloudrest then I'd suggest having a quick look at a guide so you know what mechanics to do as there's a portal mechanic (and different levels of difficulty within both normal and veteran Cloudrest). I'd suggest starting with a +0 and working your way up if you feel like you want to.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Ever since the Ascending Tide DLC the game freezes up for me during intensive battles like Trial bosses. That kills most of the fun of it, so I’ve been avoiding Trials in general for a while now.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    No one's playing the game that much anymore.
    For the Empire
  • Jordan.nick11b14_ESO
    Jordan.nick11b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I don't run trials; never have and wouldn't know what to start or why to do them.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People get tired of bad runs so they pug less and just run with friends who they know don't suck.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I only do normal trials with my guild
    I've been trying to fill a training prog for a popular trial for over a month. I am constantly scrambling for fills, constantly asking friends to fill for an hour here and an hour there-- Bob can come from 8-9 but has a trial at 9, Sam gets home from work at 8:30, ok, wr can make that work-- and it's exhausting. But I have 3 people in the prog that really want it to happen, so I keep trying, even tho I have put the requirements so low I don't think we will ever actually make it to a clear.
    It's not just the end game raiders that are missing. It's ALL levels.