Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened to Craglorn trials groups?

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Its nap time

:#
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a combination of too many instances because of the event and the combat changes on pts.

This just show there needs to be a hub or grouping system (for normal trials at least).
    You can be in Craglorn for hours and not find any groups because you're in the wrong instance. It is so silly.
  • cheesefome
    cheesefome
    ✭✭✭
    people quit bcuz of u35
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    PC/EU: same here, i've never seen belkarth so empty
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I am HA players. With last 3 years we get so much hits to our builds and game styles, that we stoped any activity.

If each update you can lose your sets/game style/DPS and every thing changes it demotivates to do anything.

What is a point to go some where if may be next day they remove the way you like to play. I am not interested in LA+Skilling.

If some day i can not play like i want because it will be just deleted and i need each update to regear to get the same as before - what is a point to do anything ?

May be i will not even play after that ?

So no reason to walk anywhere, no reason to learn people, no reason to do anything.
    Edited by JustAGoodPlayer on July 18, 2022 8:39AM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I stopped caring for dungeons and trials, the first run is fun, every subsequent run is just for farming gear, but I want the story quests to be challenging, but there's no veteran story mode, so I have to stop doing what makes the game engaging and stop making builds with gear sets and just nerf myself to the ground, and because I want to be more scared of an actual daedric prince and not some generic dreugh at the end of fungal grotto, I have no need to farm mythics and armor sets. And because now I can have fun pretending I'm doing my best just to get a squeeze of challenge in story quests, I'm not prepared to do dungeons and trials at frickin' all, and I don't ever plan on doing so.
    The best sets will get nerfed anyway, especially mythics.
    There's no point.
    So I can either become a casual and actually have fun, or continue down the road of being a dedicated player going through disappointment each subsequent patch.
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    This all happened before U35 got announced. Came back a month ago and wanted to get into a nDSR to try it out, was shocked to see zero activity in zone chat. This was before the zenithar event. Even during other expansions it was never like this, infact it was usually booming with people wanting to do the new trial.

The collections, transmute stone changes is the only reason I can think of as the other reasons were present in the past too.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Belkarth last night (PC/NA) during prime time and I was the only person there...

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Summer holidays? People actually engaging with real life rather than a game?

Or can go with the ‘end of the world update incoming’ tedium.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    Summer holidays? People actually engaging with real life rather than a game?

Or can go with the ‘end of the world update incoming’ tedium.

Summer is usually a busy time for this and other games because the kiddos actually have the free time to play without homework.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    This all happened before U35 got announced. Came back a month ago and wanted to get into a nDSR to try it out, was shocked to see zero activity in zone chat. This was before the zenithar event. Even during other expansions it was never like this, infact it was usually booming with people wanting to do the new trial.

The collections, transmute stone changes is the only reason I can think of as the other reasons were present in the past too.

I noticed Craglorn was getting less and less populated starting with Blackwood tbh
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    PC EU, I did spend one hour in Craglorn last friday night at prime time. I only saw one nCr group forming up in the whole time.
    Sad and worrying.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Instances back to normal amount, Craglorn is full of spam.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only do normal trials with my guild
    I'd suggest it's a few things:
    - Instancing as folks have pointed out
    - Fewer people because of U35
    - Fewer people because of the unprecedented amount of disrupted game play caused by the AWA implementation, and the patch to fix that, then the patch to fix the patch, and subsequent patches to fix those patches, plus the update to hardware and the extensive downtime caused by that and subsequent patching to fix the issues caused by that, plus the release of High Isle and the issues that caused and the general buginess of that release (aka 'why are my druids see through')
    - folks playing Tales of Tribute
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirawolfe wrote: »
    - Fewer people because of the unprecedented amount of disrupted game play caused by the AWA implementation, and the patch to fix that, then the patch to fix the patch, and subsequent patches to fix those patches, plus the update to hardware and the extensive downtime caused by that and subsequent patching to fix the issues caused by that, plus the release of High Isle and the issues that caused and the general buginess of that release (aka 'why are my druids see through')

Again, instancing does not account for zone chat, which is also DEAD.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Zone chat is per instance.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only do normal trials with my guild
    Here's something someone just posted on my guild, perhaps it will also be illuminating.

"Hey...ugh. Just to let you guys know, I'm taking a bit of a break from ESO. The weird patches and changes that keep coming out has really knocked the wind out of my sails...and I'm just not feeling it atm. Maybe I'll start playing again at another date."
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    With U35, I am just not on much anymore. I do my prog trial and group prog stuff, but nothing else. Tired of stupid decisions by devs and the fact they are still pushing U35 despite the extreme dislike.

I have other games to play and things to do.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

I don't think that's the case. Why else would you have to port to the person you just found in zone chat because you cannot see each other despite being in the same location?
    Edited by Ratzkifal on July 19, 2022 12:21AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there was more chat today when I was online - although one guy trying to do a normal Cloudrest was having trouble finding a group because everybody else seemed to be wanting to do Rockgrove...
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

I don't think that's the case. Why else would you have to port to the person you just found in zone chat because you cannot see each other despite being in the same location?

Because they jumped to another instance while actively looking for party.
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain?)
    I for sure noticed a down turn in activity in Craglorn as well as in sales. Checking steam charts though, there hasn't been any sudden mass exodus of players. There's been virtually no change in day-to-day concurrent players (the only major drop offs are around maintenance times). Anyone doomsaying the patch is sending people away, I find it hard to believe vs event fatigue or a potential technical hiccup.

In fact average and peak players are highest since February. While it doesn't account for every server or even every PC player, I think if we were seeing the beginning of a huge bleed of players the charts would be showing early symptoms, not net gains.
  • NiteAdder
    NiteAdder
    ✭✭✭
    Was thinking of getting back into trials but after reading about how my dps as a mid level player will drop alot. I am going to wait till update 36 to c if things improve till then I'll play elden ring.
    Edited by NiteAdder on July 19, 2022 11:04PM
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemical wrote: »
    I for sure noticed a down turn in activity in Craglorn as well as in sales. Checking steam charts though, there hasn't been any sudden mass exodus of players. There's been virtually no change in day-to-day concurrent players (the only major drop offs are around maintenance times). Anyone doomsaying the patch is sending people away, I find it hard to believe vs event fatigue or a potential technical hiccup.

In fact average and peak players are highest since February. While it doesn't account for every server or even every PC player, I think if we were seeing the beginning of a huge bleed of players the charts would be showing early symptoms, not net gains.

This seems likely related to the Update; many players interested in trials and other endgame content have simply quit or given up on grinding gear etc because the trial groups they were committed to are on hold or disbanded.

Many groups might just be taking a "wait and see" approach, no longer actively grinding gear or achievements to qualify for endgame content but might resume doing so if U35 is substantially reverted or changed. As a result of this pause, you might not actually see this in the player population data (though there does appear to be a decline starting to show there also) because they could still be in-game doing other things like trading, housing, or less rigorous content; but it would explain why players are not in Craglorn or as interested in pursuing the trials that provide the gear and experience for that content.

Basically it's totally possible players have quit trials, but haven't yet quit the game. The game might follow, though, if the changes become permanent and players run out of alternative things to do when what they enjoyed the most was endgame PVE.
    Edited by doesurmindglow on July 19, 2022 11:17PM
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • dms89
    dms89
    Looks like, after all, this was the extra instances Zos forgot to turn off after the Zeal of Zenithar event. Craglorn is full of people again on PC NA after the last maintenance.
    Edited by dms89 on July 20, 2022 2:32AM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It absolutely is not.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It absolutely is not.

Not sure how it's on consoles but on PC zone chat is definitely instanced. I wish it was shared somehow tho. It would be alot easier to put pug groups together. I always swap instances if I can't fill quick from my own.
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    Create a group finder tool for trials. There is no good reason for a game like this not to have one.