Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

The Nocturnal's Ploy set should not be allowed to enter the game

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A BUFF REMOVING SET OR SPELL FOR EVER. FINALLY.

Dispels are and should be a thing. I'd rather it be a skill, but seeing as how sets are the chosen method going froward on how to affect combat, we will have to settle for this.

I think it would be great to add dispels and disarms to the game also, but I agree it should be via a skill or new weapon, not another gimmick item set.
  • Frooke
    Frooke
    ✭✭✭
    If you fight a Necro with this set, you will lost your Major Resolve and Brutality/Sorcery for every blastbone you take, same for Warden with Sub Assault, same for any enemy using Crushing Weapon, Elemental Drain...

re buff those Major Buffs every 5 seconds looks very painfully, considering you're loosing a lot of heal, damage, and resistance, every time this set procs, and sustain too, for casting the buffs back

Nocturnal's set needs an urgent rework, or at least a raise of cooldown
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Consider the set in terms of debuffs.

If there was a set that, on ability cast and up to once every 2 seconds, had a random chance of:

- reducing the mag, stam, or health recovery of a player by 30% or 15%
    - reducing spell or weapon damage by 20%,
    - reducing armor
    - increasing damage taken by 5% or 10%
    - reducing speed by 30% or 15%
    - reducing ult generation
    - reducing crit damage
    - increasing damage taken by area of effect attacks
    - reducing crit chance
    - probably some other stuff I'm forgetting

I think everyone would agree it was laughably strong. It would be like reducing the cooldown of Kynmarchers to 2 seconds and then adding a bunch of other really powerful debuffs to the pool it pulls from. I really don't get the logic behind this set.
  • TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will do nothing but spam ele drain and potl on every pug in cyrodiil for days.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should all move to no-cp/no-proc I guess :|
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 12, 2022 12:28AM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I am here like many others to voice opposition against this set.
    The only counter to it is to constantly buff yourself (the opposite of what this patch is supposed to do for us) or run oakensoul (which is pretty disingenuous and bordering on "pay to win" aspects).

This set cannot move forwards. Please do something about this.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone dies in pvp now so at this point just learn how you want to go out swinging. I’m liking all these changes but some stuff is a bit overtuned. This set just needs a 10 or 12 second cool down.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like Oakensoul..
    Zos hear ya, then

5 – When you apply a Minor Debuff to an enemy, remove a Minor Buff with a duration from the target. These effects can both occur once every 2 seconds
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These gimmick sets get more hilarious every year!

Looks like I’ll be grinding RFTW bags when U35 drops. Prices on these will be through the roof!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This set is perfectly balanced. They could make it even better by scaling the amount of effects removed by the number of players in your group. :D
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • XiangliSYD
    XiangliSYD
    ✭✭
    Ganking NB dodged another bullet - just cloak and rebuff if your 100% crit incap and 100% crit surprise attack fail to kill someone.

Oakensoul (nerfed) templar actually does not look so bad (heaing buffed ) considering the damage nerfed received by other class.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the thought process was “Dark Convergence didn’t cause nearly as many players to quit as we’d hoped… let’s introduce another ridiculous set so we can finally shut down this red-headed step child called pvp”.

• Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    100% running this and Rush of Agony in my U35 bomb support necro. Who cares about losing buffs, I'm sure someone will put out an addon that alerts which ones were stolen by the set. Zero impact for players with better awareness.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    Zero impact for players with better awareness.
    Lost GCDs aren't zero impact.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • sunshineflame
    sunshineflame
    ✭✭✭
    Just reapply a buff, or is pressing buttons too hard? Is this a buff oaken post claiming keeping up buffs is too hard?
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just reapply a buff, or is pressing buttons too hard? Is this a buff oaken post claiming keeping up buffs is too hard?
    It denies significant resources by making you repeatedly spend mana and GCDs doing "easy" stuff instead of advancing your position in the fight. It's a powerful debilitating effect, there will be trolls wearing this spamming Elemental Drain from complete safety 41m away, making it pointless to even learn buff management. Just wear Oakensoul lol.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best part about this set is ZOS fretting over people having to watch their timers while at the same time making a set that removes buffs that you'll have to watch your buff bars to know about.
    It's classic ZoS thinking.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Another hit for tower humpers.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you aware that people use pots for buffs? How are they supposed to press a button to reapply those buffs when they come from pots?
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Small scalers shouldn't be worried. Zerglings won't run it, it's simply not their playstyle. It's a bombing set. Assuming this effect can proc multiple enemies simultaneously, you can remove major evasion, major resolve or major protection from zerg clumps coupled with VD/OO for the easiest bombs ever. Not like it was ever hard but this just makes it trivial.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zerglings won't run it, it's simply not their playstyle.
    They absolutely will, and they will spam Elemental Drain on you from the roof.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small scalers shouldn't be worried. Zerglings won't run it, it's simply not their playstyle. It's a bombing set. Assuming this effect can proc multiple enemies simultaneously, you can remove major evasion, major resolve or major protection from zerg clumps coupled with VD/OO for the easiest bombs ever. Not like it was ever hard but this just makes it trivial.

We can look at a set and know that it has the potential to literally make this game not fun. No one should be defending this set unless you enjoy constantly reapplying essential buffs to the point where you are either always stuck rebuffing or trying to PvP without mandatory buffs. Im done with this game if this set goes live. Even with a 10 second cooldown. Hands off my buffs.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    My reasoning is just that zerglings are generally less experienced players and don't use more nuanced sets like this. I hope I'm not proven wrong here. It's more concerning if a good player uses it, much like a skilled DK running kynmarcher's cruelty & daedric trickery. I mean there's already 100s of zergling sorcs in Cyrodiil and precisely 0 of them run negate.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember when dark convergence was introduced as a set that zergs should be afraid of? Yeah guess who was running amok with it? Zergs. That's like saying zergs aren't gonna abuse a set that literally disarms your enemy en masse. Of course they will and of course small scalers should be very afraid
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

Remember when dark convergence was introduced as a set that zergs should be afraid of? Yeah guess who was running amok with it? Zergs. That's like saying zergs aren't gonna abuse a set that literally disarms your enemy en masse. Of course they will and of course small scalers should be very afraid

Yeah but decent players can just block and move on. It's not like it ruins whatever you were doing. I've been asking for a set based or generic negate for a long time and this is the closest thing so far. I'm very interested to see how it plays out, especially in the upcoming tank meta thanks to healing/oakensoul nerfs.
  • DtOG
    DtOG
    ✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    5 – When you apply a Major Debuff to an enemy, remove a Major Buff with a duration from the target. When you apply a Minor Debuff to an enemy, remove a Minor Buff with a duration from the target. These effects can both occur once every 2 seconds.

This set fundamentally breaks the combat system of ESO, and should never have even passed the drawing board to be allowed onto the PTS. Buff management is a core aspect of the game. Providing a set that allows people to completely negate their target's effort in maintaining their buffs is absurd. Not to mention that this set would fully nullify the target's potions - making things like spellpower/weapon power pots worthless, and severely harming everyone's sustain as their major regeneration buffs from potions are removed.

The concept of this set is flawed at it's base, and should not be allowed to enter the game. Even with a much longer cooldown it would be extremely problematic.

They allowed dark convergence to last this long. This is going live. It’s sad dude.
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casting my vote into the void to nuke this set before it goes any farther. Knowing ZoS has a huge fetish for making incredibly bad decisions and not listening to any good feedback though we'll see how that goes.
    Edited by MetallicMonk on July 12, 2022 5:09AM
  • DtOG
    DtOG
    ✭✭✭
    Can somebody show me some positive feedback?
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DtOG wrote: »
    Can somebody show me some positive feedback?

Sure just go look at a good video game somewhere else.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A BUFF REMOVING SET OR SPELL FOR EVER. FINALLY.

Dispels are and should be a thing. I'd rather it be a skill, but seeing as how sets are the chosen method going froward on how to affect combat, we will have to settle for this.

Yeah, no. This ain't fun.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel