Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

The Nocturnal's Ploy set should not be allowed to enter the game

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkadiMZ wrote: »
    Doing away with this set is definitely a loss to the devs. It took time and resources to make this set. You know what else will take time and resources? Re-tuning this set several times over in the future until it's nerfed to the point that it basically doesn't exist. Combine that with the endless complaining (that I will be a part of, too) that you'll face until it's nerfed into the ground. Delete the set. Take the L. It will save you time and resources (and the headache of community backlash) in the future.

That's the saddest part, they spent all that time and still didn't see it was a bad idea...and these people expect trust
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sees week 3 PTS and no re-work for Nocturnal's Ploy*

So, umm... who else is going to play no cp / no proc ? I know it is without CP and there are only handful of good sets, but... at least it is more fair, since everyone can only use "meh" sets & does not have CP... Seems like a way better option than having to deal with Nocturnal's Plo, DC & PB sets (or possbily some other broken combos that people will figure out)... :|

The only trouble is that you need to have 2nd set of gear for no-proc, but I guess it may be worth it.
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    What really kills me is that if you're a PVP main, you really don't get anything new...ever. No new maps or game modes. The only truly new things we get are pvp specific sets, and I've grown to absolutely fear additional pvp sets once they released dark convergence and plaguebreak into the wild. Now it seems like the only new things we get are sets that make playing pvp less enjoyable.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sees week 3 PTS and no re-work for Nocturnal's Ploy*

So, umm... who else is going to play no cp / no proc ? I know it is without CP and there are only handful of good sets, but... at least it is more fair, since everyone can only use "meh" sets & does not have CP... Seems like a way better option than having to deal with Nocturnal's Plo, DC & PB sets (or possbily some other broken combos that people will figure out)... :|

The only trouble is that you need to have 2nd set of gear for no-proc, but I guess it may be worth it.

I will likely stay in proc, but run this set. And then, either do an oakensoul build or try to put together a build that has no major/minor buffs to maintain.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish no proc was a little less restrictive, particularly with monster sets, but its starting to look better and better
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos when the vast majority of all feedback coming in with a particular set or change is negative including lots of contempt along with detailed descriptions of why something shouldn't be implemented.

"Na dog lmao we're just gonna do it anyway, we know what we're doing we've always been completely intelligent when it comes to PvP."
  • stargleen
    stargleen
    ✭✭✭
    No changes today. Omg, pls delete this set.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What really kills me is that if you're a PVP main, you really don't get anything new...ever. No new maps or game modes. The only truly new things we get are pvp specific sets, and I've grown to absolutely fear additional pvp sets once they released dark convergence and plaguebreak into the wild. Now it seems like the only new things we get are sets that make playing pvp less enjoyable.

Apparently its way too much to ask for to get new PvP content. All our time should rather be spent trying to preserve the few good things left since the combat team seems hell bent on driving the car off a cliff.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Worst case is being able to apply a major debuff every 2 seconds to strip a major buff every 2 seconds.

Actually, you can remove both a Major and a Minor buff every two seconds. So if 10 people attacking you are wearing this set, you could potentially lose 10 buffs per second. And if you consider siege, they could be debuffing you from 100 meters away.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Worst case is being able to apply a major debuff every 2 seconds to strip a major buff every 2 seconds.

Actually, you can remove both a Major and a Minor buff every two seconds. So if 10 people attacking you are wearing this set, you could potentially lose 10 buffs per second. And if you consider siege, they could be debuffing you from 100 meters away.

I haven't tested that myself
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to trying the set. I need something to help with loss of my DK, dynamic HoT, lightning staff, HA, and oakensoul against DLC bosses.

PS5/NA
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to trying the set. I need something to help with loss of my DK, dynamic HoT, lightning staff, HA, and oakensoul against DLC bosses.

Does this even have a use in PvE? I don't know if adds buff
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s interesting that they are sourcing these types of sets through PvP, and non PvPers will be looking to acquire them. Yet ZOS is not raising population caps or introducing anything to facilitate and expand Cyrodiil participation, other than some random modest XP buffs that literally no one asked for.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doing away with this set is definitely a loss to the devs. It took time and resources to make this set. You know what else will take time and resources? Re-tuning this set several times over in the future until it's nerfed to the point that it basically doesn't exist. Combine that with the endless complaining (that I will be a part of, too) that you'll face until it's nerfed into the ground. Delete the set. Take the L. It will save you time and resources (and the headache of community backlash) in the future.

It's sad. We have to do this same song and dance every few months.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s also interesting to note that they nerfed a rarely used weapon glyph (because it had to check a list of NPC types) because it was causing ‘performance issues’, but they have no qualms about releasing a whack a mole buff roulette set that will produce thousands of extra calculations per second from their “millions of players”.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My favorite part is the fact that this thread has almost 10k views and almost 300 comments but won't change anything by the looks of it. Really depressing.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless PvE bosses give themselves player major/minor buffs to themselves, this set is absolutely useless for PvE and there's no reason to use it. Afaik, there are no named major and minor buffs that bosses give themselves, so I am not sure what you are talking about?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless PvE bosses give themselves player major/minor buffs to themselves, this set is absolutely useless for PvE and there's no reason to use it. Afaik, there are no named major and minor buffs that bosses give themselves, so I am not sure what you are talking about?

So are you saying when a Dragonknight NPC guard in Cyrodiil casts Dragon Blood on himself, he doesn't get Major Fortitude? Also, when you see an NPC drinking something in the middle of a fight, is it possibly a Crown Tri-Restoration potion granting Major Fortitude, Major Intellect, and Major Endurance, or do you figure he's just taking a 2 second break in battle to have a nice sip of tea?

Edited by Jaraal on July 26, 2022 10:38AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So are you saying when a Dragonknight NPC guard in Cyrodiil casts Dragon Blood on himself, he doesn't get Major Fortitude? Also, when you see an NPC drinking something in the middle of a fight, is it possibly a Crown Tri-Restoration potion granting Major Fortitude, Major Intellect, and Major Endurance, or do you figure he's just taking a 2 second break in battle to have a nice sip of tea?

I feel like this is sarcastic post but... just in case it's not and I am not r/whooshing lol

Afaik, those guards use combination of old class skills before the changes that added Major/Minor buff systems and so forth IF they use the same skills accessible by player classes. That'd mean their form of Dragon Blood is most likely also older form of Dragon Blood that didn't give any major/minor buffs. NPC potion is purely just to heal the NPC, not provide anything because it is blatantly obvious if you look how their health never recovers every 2 seconds and never break free. I mean, just look at your companions, do they have resource pool other than health? Do we wait for the skill cooldown/cast/channel time before we can whip again like NPC 'dragonknights'? Resource management is a gameplay mechanic purely intended for players in a lot of games and ESO is no different. That's why PvE dungeon guides on strategies to beat bosses exist because they are all phases and why honor guards at the flag always cast Dragon Blood once and then die unless you have low enough DPS for them to have reached their cooldown timer reset again.

I mean, ZOS can always come out transparent about this if they want. If they do have same major/minor buff system, then sure, this set is useful in PvE...? I guess...?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like this is sarcastic post but... just in case it's not and I am not r/whooshing lol

Afaik, those guards use combination of old class skills before the changes that added Major/Minor buff systems and so forth IF they use the same skills accessible by player classes. That'd mean their form of Dragon Blood is most likely also older form of Dragon Blood that didn't give any major/minor buffs. NPC potion is purely just to heal the NPC, not provide anything because it is blatantly obvious if you look how their health never recovers every 2 seconds and never break free. I mean, just look at your companions, do they have resource pool other than health? Do we wait for the skill cooldown/cast/channel time before we can whip again like NPC 'dragonknights'? Resource management is a gameplay mechanic purely intended for players in a lot of games and ESO is no different. That's why PvE dungeon guides on strategies to beat bosses exist because they are all phases and why honor guards at the flag always cast Dragon Blood once and then die unless you have low enough DPS for them to have reached their cooldown timer reset again.

I mean, ZOS can always come out transparent about this if they want. If they do have same major/minor buff system, then sure, this set is useful in PvE...? I guess...?

Well, we know they don't crit...so there's no Savagery/Prophecy/Force.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Markyn my words, the saddest thing will be that they will likely nerf Kynmarchers with Ploy. Consider sets that pair with it targets for collateral nerfing.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree 100% about warden, especially magden, but lobbing pvp-breaking sets like Dark Perversion into the game is not a good way to fine tune class balance.

Constantly rebuffing yourself is not fun, dynamic gameplay. It’s just annoying.

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is the biggest huuuh moment of reading the patch notes. I just don't understand what role this set is supposed to serve except give trolls away to just spray ele drain around like an STD.
    I drink and I stream things.