Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are you thoughts on having consequences upon death in ESO ?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Permadeath = char gets deleted if you died
Levels, Skills, experience and CP lost upon death
Equipment, Inventory and Gold destroyed or being left to be looted by other players
Having to walk back to your body to get your stuff and respawn.
Having to travel back to the area every time you died, as you respawn at a temple
Having to go through an obstacle course in oblivion to come back to life

Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons

What are you thoughts on having consequences upon death in ESO ? 456 votes

Yes please, Here is why:
4%
Cireousvailjohn_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOkypranb14_ESOeovogtb16_ESOsPark101Rex-UmbraMartoBeardimusNeoauspexWoppaBoemJessieGoesBoomNevidyraFreeMaN_ACharlieFreakMalyoreGray_howling_parrotGnesnigduckdowntermitis 20 votes
No please, Here is why :
95%
NestorDeathStalkerBlueRavenKikazaruk9mousechessalavakia_ESOMalkivLostarGalenck37090lordspyderadyreonb14_ESOtohopka_esoBelegnoleNewBlacksmurfGedericKesstrylGlassHalfFullDarcyMardinMarginis 436 votes
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    That sort of unfun is not why I play any game I've ever played. The only way I'd continue playing was if that was on a totally separate server (well, 6 - one for each platform and region).

Just.... eww.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • LeBrenn
    LeBrenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    I like PvE being ''light'' as it is and only having trouble for dying in Cyro
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    Absolutely not. There is literally nothing appealing about that suggestion. I'm guessing you don't do any endgame content in ESO.
    Edited by CGPsaint on June 28, 2022 3:41PM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are the reasons most games die,or barely hang on.New players would quit as soon as they die and see a reset,or have to walk across map to get their 2 trash items,and hope to not die again.It could also bring in PKers,or people luring mobs to kill other players to loot em,if that was the option.The game is fine and fun as is,no need to completely revamp and kill it off.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    Go prog one of the last 2 trial hard modes and then report back.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    I think it’s an outdated concept for general gameplay. Perhaps it could work in certain instances or game modes if ESO were to try to create a different type of game space for us to play around in.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    My thoughts are that it would be the end of ESO.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    I don't play high stakes for fun. If I want risky and frustrating, I'll try to talk to my boss and remind him of all the things he's forgetting.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    The game is designed from the ground up for your character to die constantly. In PvE, in PvP. Everywhere. Even the best players on the servers will die over and over while progressing through difficult content. Trying to shoehorn a death penalty into a game that is so heavily dependent on character death as a game mechanic and teaching tool would completely break the game.
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please, Here is why:
    There is no real cost for death in the game. Couple that with underwhelming bosses for 99% of the solo content, makes the game seem too easy.

It shouldn't be frustrating, but the way things are now is far too easy and because of the scaling, everything seems generic. At present, I'd say the self life for me is six months as I'm already dreading certain repetative tasks and seeing the same patterns applied in all story lines.

A more stringent penalty for death isn't going to fix all that, but it's a good step towards that.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    Wrong kind of game.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    It's fine the way it is.

Also
    Equipment, Inventory and Gold destroyed or being left to be looted by other players

There is not enough No in the universe to respond properly to this one.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    Just for interest here is the Death Penalty description from Asheron's Call an MMORPG I played 22 years ago (gasp)!

The Penalty
    When you are slain, you'll resurrect at the last lifestone to which you attuned your character, having lost one or more valuable items, half your pyreals (Gold), if any, and a percentage of your "vitae," or life force. All your skills are decreased by the percentage of your vitae loss and so are the maximum values of your secondary attributes -- Health, Stamina, and Mana.

Recovering
    Fortunately, you won't be in immediate danger of being killed again, because you're invulnerable to attack for a full minute if you don't attack another creature or cast any spells. Also, your secondary attributes, even if all had been reduced to 0 when you died, will be at 75 percent of their new maximum score, and any poisons or harmful enchantments afflicting you just before you died will be gone, giving you a fighting chance of making it back to town or meeting up with your allies.

Your first order of business after gaining safety usually will be to seek your corpse, which is left at the location of your demise. If you died outdoors, the coordinates for this corpse will be broadcast to you upon your arrival at the Lifestone. You can also find the location of your last corpse outdoors by typing @corpse. Since your vitae and equipment loss will make it harder to deal with whatever hazard caused your demise, seek some extra help before returning, but don't take too long. Your corpse only persists for five minutes for each level you've attained (with a one hour minimum), and then fades, leaving your items on the ground for anyone to pick up. If you think you'll have trouble returning to your corpse, consider cutting your losses and concentrating on reducing your vitae penalty instead. Keep in mind that neither Online Staff nor Support are able to produce items that have been lost.

You work off your vitae loss by gaining experience points. At any given level, you will probably identify an ideal set of monsters to hunt as "vitae fodder."
    Edited by Deter1UK on June 27, 2022 9:28PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardcore mode is kinda pointless in this exact game because it's based on trial and error death/rebirth cycle to succeed, not quite in a Sekiro or DS sense but still. Those fit nicely in games like Diablo instead, where they actually belong.

Also online game with such performance latency issues it's quite strange one to consider.
    Edited by colossalvoids on June 27, 2022 9:33PM
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please, Here is why:
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    The game is designed from the ground up for your character to die constantly. In PvE, in PvP. Everywhere. Even the best players on the servers will die over and over while progressing through difficult content. Trying to shoehorn a death penalty into a game that is so heavily dependent on character death as a game mechanic and teaching tool would completely break the game.

That's a good point :) , so the mechanics shouldn't change. But come on, in 3 months play I have accumulated >1k "spare" soul gems, after selling 2 stacks to make room in bank. Plenty repair kits and hardly use them, because going to a merchant is an option most of the time.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    OH! And in PVP players corpses were lootable!

(plenty of players fighting in rags wih a cheap dagger)
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    There is nothing wrong with these mechanics, however, eso wasn’t designed for them and they are already in other more hardcore mmo. So I just don’t see the point in having them in eso.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    you should be thankful that this isnt one of those awful grindy MMOs that you lose xp when you die, especially when you can grind for 8 hours for 10% gain, and then lose 10% on a single death, and to get efficient xp gain have to fight something +10 your level
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    Hell no is why.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

SO. MUCH. THIS! There's even a quest where you're required to die. The entire game is designed around the lore that the Vestige respawns on death. They put in mechanics that are often difficult to discern what happened until you read your death recap, which is an essential part of learning to beat difficult combos and encounters.

Like, I hate permadeath in general. But this game especially should never have it. I personally think permadeath would absolutely destroy this game. And I'm not being hyperbolic, that's my genuine belief. Too much of the lore and the gameplay loops for difficult content revolves around your character dying and respawning.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 27, 2022 10:04PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    LOL. Someone wants UO experience.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    No, because the EQ generation has moved on in the past 20 years, myself included.

Also, ESO is a story and lore driven MMORPG in which permadeath and other serious consequences of losing a fight are completely inappropriate and game-breaking.
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    The first time my character is deleted, or my gear, skill, levels, gold, etc. is deleted, is when I start looking for another game to play. If I know this is the model before I buy the game, I just don't even buy it.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    If you want to set up some optional rules for yourself to follow while going through the game, go right ahead. Adding something like this as a mandatory penalty 8 years into the game would lead to a very fast end to the game.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    This is why you constantly saved your game in GTA, so you wouldn't have to pay the cops your hard-earned cash and/or lose weapons. Why would anyone want this in a game where you can die and die a lot? Hard pass
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    i mean what would further consequences for death even accomplish in this game? you could add all the punishments in the world, and even if we assume it's a reasonable design decision, all it does is go towards sending the player a specific message

"try not to die again"

considering the fact that dying in this game means you lose all your progress on a boss fight or an encounter and need to try again, that message is already sent, so the system of dying, respawning and trying again is already doing its job
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    It doesn't matter if that's fun for you or not, but just take a look at Imperial City for 95% of the days in a year if you want a preview of what the game population will be like.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    Tel Var gain and loss in the Imperial City is what scratches my soulsborne esque "you died" itch.
    c5kj1b508xp6.gif
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    I've played a lot of games with death "penalties" and it doesn't make it more fun in anyway. It punishes you for attempting harder content and drives away players who don't want that kind of stress.
    Edited by Tannus15 on June 27, 2022 10:39PM
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    No please, Here is why :
    As others said, it is an MMORPG.
    I'm here to experience the stories, and to imagine my character in them. To collect and build nice things (outfits and housing) that fit these experiences. To explore the game world, and enjoy the lore. Lots of others are here for the same reasons.
    Nearly every "consequence" you suggested would hinder that, some would make it impossible. (I'd tolerate having to return from some respawn-temple, but that's the absolute maximum.)

Things like having to walk back to your body as a ghost, or having to do some obstacle course would be a fun killing, repetitive waste of time. (And time to play the game is a limited resource.)
    Things like loss of gold, XP, equipment would just be a nuisance that keeps me from getting where I really want to be to do what I'm actually here to do. (Leveling my character is/was fun. Leveling them again and again and again is just boring. Collecting gold to buy things is part of the game. Having to start over repeatedly for the same goal, well, as said before.)
    And things like permadeath in a game with as much weight on character design and lore as ESO has is just insane. This isn't "pick one of three classes and a gender, then you're ready to go". Lots of people spend hours creating their character. If you just kill off said character they either have to think up and design a new one for hours, or re-create the old one and try to ignore (lore-wise) that he/she/it just died. And replay all the quests. And whatnot.

ESO isn't based on "beat the game" as the driving source of entertainment. And so any consequence for "not beating it" by dying won't be likely to enhance said entertainment, but will very effectively hamper the other sources, the ones the game is much more aimed at.