The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How interested are you in playing tales of tribute (the card game)?

• Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral. I don't feel strongly and/or have mixed feeling about it.
    @Syldras
    Are you sure there are no tutorials? I’ve seen a video that showed a game tutorial and someone write about the tutorial. Did you have your sound turned down?
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »
    @Syldras
    Are you sure there are no tutorials? I’ve seen a video that showed a game tutorial and someone write about the tutorial. Did you have your sound turned down?

That's interesting. It might be a localization issue then, as I didn't play the English version, but the German translation. I had sound on and subtitles activated, but there was nothing. Maybe it's the translation that isn't ready yet or they have forgotten to insert the translated texts?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Disinterested. I don't want to play it, I don't think I'll enjoy the game.
    Loved it when one of them said you wouldn't believe how much productivity time had been wasted due to playing the card game. It was said quickly, just an offhand remark. People laughed... but that was a huge red flag to me and kind of ticked me off. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but, you're telling me that while we have so many glitches and the servers are having a lot of issues, you've been spending most of your time on a card game than fixing?
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. I do know it's very boring as I've played in the PTS. Why didn't they just copy GWENT? :D
  • ricklaverd
    ricklaverd
    ✭✭✭
    Really disinterested. I don't want to play it at all, I think I'll hate it.
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Hearing them talk about the fabulous rewards without listing a single specific unique reward made me laugh. Dude finished by saying you can get transmute crystals! 🤦‍♂️

Right lol
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never been interested of card game genre. If I buy the chapter from sale, I may do the tutorial to shut up the Stuga II but I expect to find only confused boredom out of it. I also expect later OP shiny thing or few will be gated behind ToT to give people who just want to ignore it a real reason to hate it with passion.
    Edited by rpa on June 25, 2022 10:24AM
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ricklaverd wrote: »
    Hearing them talk about the fabulous rewards without listing a single specific unique reward made me laugh. Dude finished by saying you can get transmute crystals! 🤦‍♂️

Right lol

You can actually get valuable housing items. Saw a dude get a painting worth 900k. You also get a lot of alchemy ingredients and stuff.

The average rewards are better than Rewards of The Worthy. Which is hilarious to even say.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right lol

You can actually get valuable housing items. Saw a dude get a painting worth 900k. You also get a lot of alchemy ingredients and stuff.

The average rewards are better than Rewards of The Worthy. Which is hilarious to even say.

Yeah, they sort of remind me of the rewards we get from the purple coffers during certain events. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SianTamzin
    SianTamzin
    ✭✭✭
    Really interested. I think i'll enjoy and play it a lot
    Very interested! The new card game is fantastic and I've really been enjoying it so far.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say about a 2 or 3. I'm not against it in theory, but so far I'm not impressed. The tutorial itself was bugged, and now reading there's exploits that can get you banned, going to be a hard pass for me until they work out the kinks. I have enough other content to enjoy.
  • tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
    Other. (please, precise your answer in the comments)
    I only do it for the achievements and the stuff I get
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is someone in Vvardenfell keeps asking me if I want to have a game of cards, although I don't have High Isle yet. Must be a starter quest. It's Stuga's sister.
  • Fea675
    Fea675
    ✭✭
    I hate "games within games". I'd rather have real content.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even less interested in ToT now than I was before because the audio doesn't play properly in the tutorial - so, can't learn how it works even if I wanted to.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In all fairness, that is not a very high bar to clear.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is the single reason I won't spend another penny on this game. After two lackluster chapters, we get an incomprehensible card and and a new companion, neither of which interest me in the slightest.

Game peaked with Summerset which is certainly a lot prettier than High Isle.
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not gone back to ToT since the first few matches. It is very unbalanced, confusing, the MMR or Elo system being used is poorly implemented, and players who do not have the "extra" decks and upgraded cards are automatically at a disadvantage. In addition, there are apparently bugs or glitches that allow players to win via cheating, based on recent news of bans.

I do believe that many of those issues could be fixed, that being said.

The real problem is the dearth of content.

Just to use an example: WoW's most recent expansion shipped with 9 5 man dungeons, vs. 2 4 man dungeons with High Isle; 3 raids have been released so far, vs. 1 trial for High Isle; 7 zones have been released so far vs. 2 for High Isle; WoW has no equivalent for delves or public dungeons.

I cannot help but think that for a game with as many players as ESO (recent adverts tout 20million) some of the effort that went into ToT would have been better used towards creation of content at different levels -- 2 more dungeons, another trial, 2 more zones/areas, perhaps even some much-needed overhauls in Cyrodiil or even a new PvP area similar to Cyrodiil.

Having completed all of the content for High Isle and Amenos in less than two weeks (including Oakensoul) I now find myself having precious little to do in-game apart from the same set of daily quests or farming vDSR for the new trial gear sets, since I no longer do much Cyrodiil, and don't enjoy ToT. (I still run old trials and dungeons for achievements, but that's not specific to High Isle.) Unfortunately, given the slow pace of new content additions to ESO, it will be months before this is likely to change. Don't get me wrong -- High Isle is quality content and I really enjoyed the storyline, quests, and new areas -- but there's just not ENOUGH of that quality content.

So while I don't mind ToT being in the game, and am happy that other people are really in love with it, I do wonder what was sacrificed that we might have had in the game, in order to bring ToT to fruition.
    Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paralyse wrote: »
    So while I don't mind ToT being in the game, and am happy that other people are really in love with it, I do wonder what was sacrificed that we might have had in the game, in order to bring ToT to fruition.

Our individual achievements, to start. They said they had to get rid of them to make room for new systems, such as the card game. So eight years of work by millions of players was tossed out so they could add a minigame that most people didn't want or ask for. Which, as you mentioned, reduced the amount of actual game related new content in the latest DLC.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may have created an additional issue, unintentionally or inadvertently; in my experience there are fewer players out and about in High Isle and Amenos relative to Blackwood after its launch; I cannot help but wonder if this is because ToT and its earnable rewards has partially de-incentivized some players from going out and completing world bosses, delve dailies, and volcanic vents; or perhaps that may be due to the relatively low value of many rewards for those dailies when compared the the rewards from winning ToT matches.

Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say my interest in the game wore off very quickly. I thought I'll try to get the achievements at least, by I can't bear the thought of how many games i need to play to get there. I find the games either boring, stressful, or frustrating...
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played it for 3 or 4 days of dailies, but do not have an interest in playing it further.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expected to dislike TOT, as I also disliked Gwent and Triple Triad.

I have now played the tutorial and another game just to make the quest markers go away, and I'm *sure* I dislike it, it's an absolute waste of my time.

It's incredibly tedious and long to get through, the 40 total needed is too high to be "fun" at all, it's just a grind. Or you can snatch the Golden Snitch^W^W four faces and instantly win.

It is nothing at all like a medieval card game. It's not in character for the setting, nobody would make a thing like this, it's not playable by people without computer support. And Bethesda has one of these already, TES Legends. It doesn't fit genre, either, why not just shove it in?

If ZOS had just given us a deck of playing cards, dice, and movable pieces on one of the many in-game boardgames, and let us make our own fun, that'd be far better. Board Game Simulator is a fantastic game. Or implement just enough rules for Whist, Rummy, Poker, Blackjack, etc., like the old Pirates of the Caribbean Online did (they also had player-sailable ships!)

Total fail.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • loaganb16_ESO
    loaganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    After losing 3 matches because I can't figure out why I only get so crappy cards I actually forgot it existed.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm between disinterested and moderately curious.
    I could never get used to these games in which cards did all sorts of things and had to be collected, like MTG. The tutorial was barely useful and I was so clueless I was sure I was losing when suddenly Pippin said I had won. A few days later I played against a novice NPC, still found it confusing but nevertheless managed to learn a thing or two. I didn't have any fun, but what might convince me to try again is the challenge of making sense of this thing, at least so I can tell myself I still got some functioning brain cells.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Timorelle
    Timorelle
    ✭✭✭
    I voted "other" due to two factors:

1) I pretty much always completely hate this type of game, no matter how many times I've tried across many platforms.

2) My husband is super, mondo, MEGA into this card game.

So, there's the part of me that reeeeeeeeally doesn't want to so much as even dabble, but there's also the part of me that wants to have more things to do with the husbando and talk with him about (and the fact that he keeps dangling all the furnishing patterns he's winning in my face isn't helping!).
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right lol

And they wonder why the BG, IC and Cyro folks are angry.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Right lol

Yeah, they sort of remind me of the rewards we get from the purple coffers during certain events. :)

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

In all fairness, that is not a very high bar to clear.

I agree, but if Rewards of The Worthy were equivalent (or slightly higher), I'd have been compensated a lot better for my time playing. I PvP a lot so I'd have a nice stockpile of materials and could have even pulled a few valuable furnishings by now.

I'm not asking for it to be a lot, I just want my rewards for being "Worthy" to be actual rewards instead of decon fodder 90% of the time.
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interested. I think I'll enjoy and play it for a while.
    I've really enjoyed this game. I had extreme doubts before launch but.. man, once I was able to get a hands-on explanation, and Billy Boyd's voice gently ushering me through the explanations.. I am now hooked. I need to get my 3 games a day fix. XD

I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    Interested. I think I'll enjoy and play it for a while.
    I think it's a cute little addon. I know people really wanted bigger badder things, but tbh I'm really happy with their idea for this dlc. Gives the world some more breath of life which is severely needed in eso.
    My main issue however is with the nature of card games themselves constantly being a factor of "luck of the draw"
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah, I'm still good.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.