Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

How interested are you in playing tales of tribute (the card game)?

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really disinterested. I don't want to play it at all, I think I'll hate it.
    With the game active on the PTS hopefully a player will be able to answer the question of whether invites can be turned off since ZOS appears to not care to answer it themselves.

Well, there's at least this from Kevin in the sticky thread:
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

So we should have more info on this in the PTS patch notes today. However just to clarify, no questlines outside of the Tales of Tribute questline will require you to play to complete a quest. Questlines are not gated behind Tales of Tribute, so if you do not wish to engage in the system, you don't have to.

Which may cover part of it, or not.... *shrug*
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    With the game active on the PTS hopefully a player will be able to answer the question of whether invites can be turned off since ZOS appears to not care to answer it themselves.

So we should have more info on this in the PTS patch notes today. However just to clarify, no questlines outside of the Tales of Tribute questline will require you to play to complete a quest. Questlines are not gated behind Tales of Tribute, so if you do not wish to engage in the system, you don't have to.

I saw that. I guess its good that no quest lines are gated by the card game but he has still avoided answering the question about whether we will see or be able to turn off unsolicited invites. The patch notes are also absent any real information and are mostly hype.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw that. I guess its good that no quest lines are gated by the card game but he has still avoided answering the question about whether we will see or be able to turn off unsolicited invites. The patch notes are also absent any real information and are mostly hype.

Yep. It's vexing - I can't stand being bombarded by crap from other players - which is why I have a chat window manager that makes chat stay closed, and have duels disabled....

If we can't disable invites to play, I just won't be playing (except in my houses which no one has access to) - or paying....

I just reread that section in the PTS patch notes:

Looking for a relaxed match for fun and profit? Queue up in the Activity Finder for a casual game against another player!

So that sounds as if all games against other players start with the AF, which would be fine, just wouldn't ever go there.... I don't use the finder now, that's not going to change....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on April 18, 2022 9:37PM
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep. It's vexing - I can't stand being bombarded by crap from other players - which is why I have a chat window manager that makes chat stay closed, and have duels disabled....

If we can't disable invites to play, I just won't be playing (except in my houses which no one has access to) - or paying....

I just reread that section in the PTS patch notes:

Looking for a relaxed match for fun and profit? Queue up in the Activity Finder for a casual game against another player!

So that sounds as if all games against other players start with the AF, which would be fine, just wouldn't ever go there.... I don't use the finder now, that's not going to change....

I have never used the Activity Finder and to be honest didn't know one existed. If that is the way matches are made that would work for me too.

Edit: Just logged on. I see what is called the Activity Finder. I only ever go there for dungeons so think of it as the Dungeon Finder Title lines be darned. So yeah if that's the only way to initiate PvP cards it works for me.
    Edited by Alinhbo_Tyaka on April 18, 2022 10:23PM
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, @Alinhbo_Tyaka - I don't have the data to download/update PTS, sadly, so I depend on those who do for info!
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolute zero.

If I wanted to play a card game, I'd play a fully fleshed out card game.
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral. I don't feel strongly and/or have mixed feeling about it.

No, I've just checked it on PTS, card game invites work exactly the same way as duel invites. There no way to auto-decline yet, but as it's implemented just the same way, it should be easy to add that.

@Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

No, I've just checked it on PTS, card game invites work exactly the same way as duel invites. There no way to auto-decline yet, but as it's implemented just the same way, it should be easy to add that.

Ugh. Well, I need a way to auto decline or the only place I'll be in game is in my houses.
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first saw mention of a card game, I thought it was a joke. As in "performance is so bad this might as well be a card game". I was actually surprised to find out that was real, because, well it sure seems like a joke.
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I wanted to give it a try on PTS now, after searching for the start of the questline for some time (no, it's NOT the main town's tavern, as you would expect)... That NPC invited me to a kind of tutorial/introduction game - no problem, he said, everything will be explained - and then there was... nothing. No explanation menu, no subtitles, and no voiced dialogue anyway (I'm not sure if it's always like that on PTS or if it's because I'm not playing the English version - but then there normally are at least subtitles). That's not what I would call a tutorial. So I'm none the wiser now.

ToT doesn't even seem to be designed the way that you would intuitively be able to understand it. TES Legends was extremely easy in that regard, cards had a shield and a sword symbol on them, each with a number, and it was completely clear that these indicate attack and health points. Of course it got more complicated when you looked at it in depth, but at least you knew from the very beginning what you are supposed to do. I mean, yes, that quest NPC told me, to win I had to "gain 40 prestige or win the favor of all patrons", but then you sit there with a few cards on your hand, each saying "1 gold" - what now?!
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Thanks for the update. Just more confirmation of my decision to stay unsubscribed and wait on buying High Isles until it is on sale or becomes a DLC then subbing for a month to see it.
    Options
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really interested. I think i'll enjoy and play it a lot
    Oh dear
    Edited by grizzledcroc on April 19, 2022 2:48AM
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gave it another try. Still no tutorial at all, but at least that game seems to be easy... I guess. I just randomly clicked cards - and won :D Still haven't understood what I'm even supposed to do.

8miaizb5i4p7.png
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disinterested. I don't want to play it, I don't think I'll enjoy the game.
    It’s “not impossible” to add a new skill line, for whatever that’s worth. I’d rather hear it’s “100% happening in the future”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-high-isle-preview-qa-fsr-1-0-support-card-game-and-much-more/amp/

The card game is probably a way to add something without slowing servers down, and I kind of look forward to playing it since I’ve always wanted more RP related stuff that can be done in a tavern. 90% of what I enjoy in the game is theorycrafting, testing out new combinations for combat. They get a pass from me this time because there’s more than enough changes to everything with the hybridization and upcoming skill updates to keep me occupied

But that live stream, I’m interested in the game but that was too tedious, I actually stopped halfway. Its best to live stream a barrage of exciting stuff rather than a tutorial. I like to golf, but hate watching golf on tv

I am very curious how you figure that, I can't see how resource-heavy minigames relieve the servers, rather the opposite. But I am no computer wiz, admittedly.
    Options
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never touch it. I despise video game "card games"; always have, always will.
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
    Options
  • Saefti
    Saefti
    ✭✭✭
    Interested. I think I'll enjoy and play it for a while.
    I think it's a nice addition to the game and a cool variety added to the normal gameplay.

Mixed feelings about the shuffle and graphical design. We'll see.
    Edited by Saefti on April 19, 2022 6:09AM
    Options
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disinterested. I don't want to play it, I don't think I'll enjoy the game.
    This one won’t have time to do the PTS until the weekend but @Syldras (thanks for the insight!) is quite perturbing.

How are we supposed to be drawn into this allegedly awesome game without clear instructions??

Oh well, this one will find out in a few days’ time.
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one won’t have time to do the PTS until the weekend but @Syldras (thanks for the insight!) is quite perturbing.
    How are we supposed to be drawn into this allegedly awesome game without clear instructions??
    Oh well, this one will find out in a few days’ time.

Maybe it's bugged. At least I hope so. I just can't imagine that we are supposed to play a "tutorial" without any word of instruction.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really interested in card games inside an mmo. The last time I played a card game in a game was Pazaak in KotoR I. It was fun for a little time while playing through the game the third time, but for an mmo, no.

I really hope ZOS don't force the ccg on us by putting mythic gear leads behind it.
    Options
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Syldras
    It’s probably because it’s PTS, ZOS gave us in game explanations on how antiquities work and they probably haven’t added them yet on pts.
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »
    @Syldras
    It’s probably because it’s PTS, ZOS gave us in game explanations on how antiquities work and they probably haven’t added them yet on pts.

That'd be a plausible explanation. But how are we supposed to test it then, without knowing the rules? Didn't they even advertise in the stream that we could play ToT already now on PTS? I don't really find it playable, the way it currently is.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Syldras
    I agree it is dumb. Right now, they probably expect players to figure it out. It reminds me of beta when we couldn’t open treasure chests.
    Options
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other. (please, precise your answer in the comments)
    I'm too stupid to play a card game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Options
  • fakingfocused
    fakingfocused
    ✭✭✭
    Was hoping it was going to maximize the tavern experience. See our characters sitting, drinking, hearing the bards and surrounding environment. Will still check it out. But am concerned how it has been implemented. Holding judgment until trying 1st hand.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really interested in card games inside an mmo. The last time I played a card game in a game was Pazaak in KotoR I. It was fun for a little time while playing through the game the third time, but for an mmo, no.

I really hope ZOS don't force the ccg on us by putting mythic gear leads behind it.

Exactly my experience.

I played some MtG in the 1990s; my lifetime record against guys in the MtG Hall of Fame is probably pretty decent. I.e., I like the idea of CCGs.

But first-day feedback on ToT looks believable and is scathing. High Isles will likely be the first expansion I don't buy immediately and at full price in a VERY long time.
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »
    @Syldras
    I agree it is dumb. Right now, they probably expect players to figure it out. It reminds me of beta when we couldn’t open treasure chests.

I suppose you can figure it out sooner or later by trial and error. I'm just not sure if anyone would really invest time for that, especially if it could be so much easier and less time consuming if they just provided some short explanation text at least. Ah, well. We'll see if there will be any changes with the next PTS update.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Isaura
    Isaura
    ✭✭✭
    Not interested at all. This game being the main feature is the reason why High Isle is the first expansion I didn't pre-order in years.
    Options
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other. (please, precise your answer in the comments)
    If it's better than TESL, then I'm interested. But the mechanics of the game make it sound like hot garbage. I hope I'm wrong and the game is great, but competitive card games are hard to make. They already had a great competitive card game they could have used, TESL, but went with making a new game instead. If it's good, then great. If it's not, then I'll be very disappointed. Been saying for years, since TESL got canned, that they should just fold it into ESO.
    Options
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zero interest in a card game inside of an MMO and my largest fear is they’ll put items we need for actual MMO content behind the card games to makes us play it and then boast about player numbers when it was really “mandatory interest” to do/get something else. I shudder to think of the money and dev time wasted on something that nobody requested that could have been used to address concerns that the players have been howling about like the lag in Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • koopdaville68
    koopdaville68
    ✭✭
    Really interested. I think i'll enjoy and play it a lot
    Zero interest in a card game inside of an MMO and my largest fear is they’ll put items we need for actual MMO content behind the card games to makes us play it and then boast about player numbers when it was really “mandatory interest” to do/get something else.

I am interested in playing this game, but I agree that they should NOT put items that are needed to play the MMO content... 100%!
    Options