Do you like having surprise in-game events?

• JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would love surprise events if it didn't seem like they only cropped up when the players are grumbling about something going wrong...
    Options
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think surprise events where the devs, community managers and other employees would join us would do wonders for community relations. Scavenger hunts, split up and run dungeons with us, have a huge world boss clear party... just participate in the community.

At first you'd be overwhelmed but if it became a normal pop up event things would calm down and be enoyable for all.
    Edited by Inaya on March 22, 2022 6:52PM
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot answer this poll because I'm torn between two things.

- Do I like ingame events ? Yes. Up to the point that I hardly ever play any more in-between events (I've been playing since launch, so I've done pretty much everything, but I still enjoy playing when there's a little something worth discovering and doing. Even a "little" event like double harvesting - double XP - double gold is enough of an incentive).
    - Do I like those events being a surprise ? I sure do, but the downside is I actually missed this one for the simple reason that I did not know about it. (But I am NOT going to to log in more often or check forums daily just for the sake of checking if there is a "surprise event" going on).

So I guess the bottom line is, I'd prefer those events to be announced. It's no big deal having missed it, but I guess you don't make events so that players don't mind missing them ^^ ... and if I had known, I would have participated.
    Options
  • ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The big events where tickets are awarded should be posted in advance but the little events like Explorers are good to just pop up whenever. Sometimes its just nice to log in and find a little bonus floating around.
    Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.
    Options
  • Snogards
    Snogards
    ✭✭
    I'm not against or for. Although random events are nice, just really burnt-out on events in general. Feeling the FOMO of missing tickets and yet another grind for being a long time loyal paying supporter and lover of the game. I know I don't have to participate, but the blinding pace of this game is insane. I just can't play 8 or 10 to 12 hours a day. The fact it's a yes or no poll says they just want confirmation not meaningful feed back. If I can't or don't want to play when they tell me then I loose out.
    Options
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd personally love surprises in game.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Truly amazed that there are no votes. Unexpected bonuses are upsetting in a video game? Really? Mind blown

FOMO run amok.

So? It is nice to be able to plan whether to play or do something else, not learn too late that you missed a valuable "surprise event".
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Like many people, I have lots of things to juggle in my real life, so I appreciate some advance warning so I can plan to allot extra playtime during events. :smile:
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
    Options
  • demonology89
    demonology89
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Double node yield, gold and XP? Yes please! The surprise event was very welcome and enjoyable coming from a Playstation player.

Thank you Zos.
    Options
  • The_kruguers
    The_kruguers
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes and what eso is missing right now is some surprise raids like “a bunch of pirates are attacking the city, get ready to defend Glenumbra.” Then by helping doing it we’d have a chance of getting rare drops. Yes I have lots of awesome ideas you should hire me.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes and what eso is missing right now is some surprise raids like “a bunch of pirates are attacking the city, get ready to defend Glenumbra.” Then by helping doing it we’d have a chance of getting rare drops. Yes I have lots of awesome ideas you should hire me.

Oh please no. That sort of thing is totally not fun. And btw - check their twitter feed, they ARE hiring (though I'm not at all sure they're looking for content developers).
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

That would actually be pretty awesome, especially if the raids had a specific time so that players could flock to the area without missing out. It would be neat if after all of the adds were killed, a large boss spawned, and everyone got drops (NOT just the highest 12 dps >_>)

It could be done on beaches and in out of the way areas, so as not to interfere with high traffic areas, and the map could highlight the raid location.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes because I usually play everyday, but of course this one fell on a weekend I was going to be out on a mini vacation! lol
    Xbox X- NA
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Definitely enjoy surprise events. Feels special that Zos would do something like that for us!
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As long as it's "event-lite", like the explorer events; double exp, drops, etc. Nothing that would have quests, tickets, and collectible rewards.
    Options
  • Serafen
    Serafen
    Yes
    I say yes but preferably when we can actually play the game. All that wasted xp because dungeon finder was broke and long load screens.😥
    Options
  • astralraine
    astralraine
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    Yes, for non-ticket events, though not when the game is experiencing major issues that take away from getting to enjoy the event. Double XP without the dungeon finder working and most of the days not being able to log in from the afternoon on made it not much to get excited about, albeit I enjoyed farming for a lot of resources when I could get on.
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It rewards active players so its nice
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
    Options
  • ReDusE13X
    ReDusE13X
    Soul Shriven
    No
    I prefer to know ahead of time, so I can plan accordingly.
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Oh please no. That sort of thing is totally not fun. And btw - check their twitter feed, they ARE hiring (though I'm not at all sure they're looking for content developers).

They are probably hiring for the new IP that has been talked about that ZoS is starting. Rumors been flying for a year or so.
    Some rumors were confirmed. :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

They are probably hiring for the new IP that has been talked about that ZoS is starting. Rumors been flying for a year or so.

From 3/21, 8:30 am -

mS1WEZI.png
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

From 3/21, 8:30 am -

mS1WEZI.png

I am not in their target age range for sure (yeah, I know age discrimination is technically illegal, but it happens), but I would not try for a job there since they indicated they had such a hard time with remote work and that is all I personally aim at now.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, I don't like surprise events.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but it seems less a surprise event, and more a distraction on how bad the game performed after a major update. And, unless I'm mistaken, this is the second or third time a 'surprise event' has occurred during poor game performance.
    Options
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes - but it depends on what the surprise is.
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think todays surprise event will be when the update is complete and the megaservers come back online. Then, who will get locked out first? :D
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Surprise invasions would be nice to add some spice to overland content. Add new spawns to a particular zone for a period, scatter occasional trial-boss level monsters (around Deadlands Havocrel or Elsweyr Dragon strength) around with an appealing loot table, enable double drops & xp in that zone, etc.

We used to have these invasion events taking over cities and the like in a MUD that I played; they made otherwise dull places much more lively whilst they were going on.

"Dragons have been spotted over Western Skyrim! Beware homesteaders, for your rooves are about to become roosts and your livestock a tasty snack. Try not to take an arrow to the knee whilst attempting to shoo those giant flying lizards back to where they belong."
    Options
  • jacktalkthai
    jacktalkthai
    ✭✭
    Back when I played EQOA on PS2 we'd have devs randomly and rarely log on, completely unannounced, and if you happened to run into them you might get some ultra rare buff food or an even rarer pet (I got a baby ice dragon). They'd even sometimes play the role of some random boss mob and allow players to try to defeat them, or they'd spawn unused raid boss models just to give us a look. Good times.
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I prefer an advice because I want to plan my time in game.
    More: I really don't like that mystery about the start date of events in general. Why they don't have to be properly planned in the Crown Store Showcase and instead the start and end dates always remain vague. It seems to me a real spite towards the players. If I have to plan a trip, I'd rather know when exactly an event is scheduled.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm late replying to this, but on the whole I like the surprise 5-day "double XP, double gold, double crafting mats" events because I see them as a bonus to my daily play that only benefits me. 24 hours notice might be preferable, because that way I would e.g. do all my crafting writs the day before, but wait to hand them in.

But at the end of the day even if I don't know beforehand, I'm still getting a few days of bonus mats/XP/gold that I wasn't expecting, so it's all good with me.

It would very much annoy me if you started doing surprise events that incuded unique items/style pages/runeboxes - a lot of people (including me) plan for those events and it would be really unfair to spring them on us. But as far as double XP/gold/mats go, I'll just take it as a nice bonus and it won't change my daily gameplay much tbh, for me it's just a nice surprise bonus while it's there :)
    Options
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm a daily player and surprises are always nice to have, kinda breaks up the daily routine :)
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
    Options