The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Zone Guide & Map Completion with Account Wide Achievements

• ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    KMarble wrote: »
    I didn't run into any NPC's with the dialog changes though. I forgot where they are.. Lol...
    Just my 2 drakes....
    Huzzah!

This was pointed out by someone (I'm terribly sorry, but I forgot the person's name) on the last few pages of the feedback thread in the PTS sub-forum.

This person mentioned that although they didn't hear any lines that addressed their char as the "hero/savior/what-have-you", they noticed that the world was much more quiet.

I noticed something similar when I logged in yesterday. None of my alts were hailed as the savior of Tamriel, but the chit-chat was almost all gone.

It felt to me (and I could be wrong) that most of the NPCs' chatter was muted. Even my first char, who has done pretty much everything in game, didn't hear much from NPCs.

If they are fixing this, why isn't it in the patch notes? @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we get confirmation that NPC reactions are being detached from achievements and are being moved quest side?

I don't think they fixed this, I heard npc dialouge put of place yesterday on alts and so did others in my family.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty happy with change to dolmens, world bosses, delves and public dungeon bosses, no content is lost from the change and I don’t have to solo something like the unfinished dolmen WB again or go out of my way to kill a pathetic delve boss the 100th time

Very disappointed that delve boss respawn times weren’t improved with the loss of the new character/ no achievement instant spawn no longer being available to any players second or later character so that people who want to fight a boss that takes 5 seconds don’t need to wait 5 minutes to do so
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More from the travels of my "new" AwA toon~
    Yup. Orsinium is completed still, even though we reported this the first week of PTS.

@ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert
    Why do we have PTS if none of our reports are acknowledged?
    Why do we have "Feedback Threads" when they are ignored?
    Why do we have responses of "We will have better communication" when we are "Ghosted" for months?

My 2 drakes.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Just took a new character to a delve he's never been to before, and the map updated to show that the delve had been done, but it hadn't been. Not by that character it hadn't. He had never been there before, had not gotten the skyshard, and had never defeated that delve boss before. This is absolutely appalling, because now I can't tell what skyshards my characters have and what they don't have any more unless I actually travel to each individual skyshard again.

This is a sickening change and needs to be reverted immediately. It makes me not want to even play my alts any more, because it makes getting skyshards for them a million times harder and wastes a lot of my time.

This was reported ad nauseum on the pts feedback thread. And was ignored.

Not taking any delight or joy in saying to zos "we told you so". Just sadness that the train wreck went ahead despite the known issues.
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    Straw Poll: Has anyone experienced any performance improvements since this train wreck idea (AwA) went into production with zero regard to tester feedback?
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No disrespect intended but pretending that you can fix it in some future update just seems like every other time we've been promised some improvement or other only to be disappointed.

Even the die-hards who didn't care about the loss of character specifics and the impact it had on those with that play style are beginning to see the absolute mess this is.

The whole thing is broken, replayability is broken, playability is broken

There's no shame in admitting you [zos] were wrong but there is in burying your heads in the sand and hoping that you can fix something which has fundamentally broken the whole elder scrolls game for all your customers.

Roll it back before it's too late. Before the initial trickle of lost customers becomes a flood.

edit:typo
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on March 16, 2022 1:05AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Straw Poll: Has anyone experienced any performance improvements since this train wreck idea (AwA) went into production with zero regard to tester feedback?

Well, I'm not seeing anything different from prior to the patch, but since I have mega satellite ping, I'm not expecting to see any improvements.

But at least it hasn't been worse - though PC EU was sluggish after patch yesterday. Today it was fine logging in and out on half a dozen characters on both my accounts.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't retrieve mails
    Can't shop at guild stores
    Getting 10-15 minute load screens between zones.

So, definitely no performance improvements. It's even worse. But we "should" see improvement in a few days according to the devs.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, my guildstore emails are now landing instantly on both PC megaservers. First time ever.... Yeah, they always showed up in the mail notification, but it would take a minute or two to actually get them to show in the mail window. Today they're instantly available.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Actually, my guildstore emails are now landing instantly on both PC megaservers. First time ever.... Yeah, they always showed up in the mail notification, but it would take a minute or two to actually get them to show in the mail window. Today they're instantly available.

Mine have been available instantly for a while now (at least since the last update).
    And I've noticed an overall increase in performance (faster loading screens, no desyncs [yet], less lag) since the patch was deployed yesterday.
    I'm a little fearful that everyone else is going to cause them to make a change that will cause performance to tank for me again.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Sylvermynx
      Sylvermynx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

Mine have been available instantly for a while now (at least since the last update).
      And I've noticed an overall increase in performance (faster loading screens, no desyncs [yet], less lag) since the patch was deployed yesterday.
      I'm a little fearful that everyone else is going to cause them to make a change that will cause performance to tank for me again.

Agreed. Of course, as always, I have to say sat ping is not going to "improve" all out of recognition. But today was not at all worse than prior, and on EU was better by far than yesterday.
    • KMarble
      KMarble
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kesstryl wrote: »
      KMarble wrote: »
      I didn't run into any NPC's with the dialog changes though. I forgot where they are.. Lol...
      Just my 2 drakes....
      Huzzah!

This was pointed out by someone (I'm terribly sorry, but I forgot the person's name) on the last few pages of the feedback thread in the PTS sub-forum.

This person mentioned that although they didn't hear any lines that addressed their char as the "hero/savior/what-have-you", they noticed that the world was much more quiet.

I noticed something similar when I logged in yesterday. None of my alts were hailed as the savior of Tamriel, but the chit-chat was almost all gone.

It felt to me (and I could be wrong) that most of the NPCs' chatter was muted. Even my first char, who has done pretty much everything in game, didn't hear much from NPCs.

If they are fixing this, why isn't it in the patch notes? @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we get confirmation that NPC reactions are being detached from achievements and are being moved quest side?

As I said in my previous post, I could be wrong. This is what I experienced yesterday:

All of my characters load in Elden Root. Yesterday I logged in from the newer to the oldest. The conversation between the khajiit and high elf about the Orrery was correct for my chars who haven't done that quest yet, but many of them (I have 7 chars) didn't hear anything.

I don't remember hearing the tourist guide talk about Elden Root near the wayshrine, the convo between a male and a female discussing general Endari (sp) or the Khajiit and the female (high elf? Can't remember) talking about the madness in South Point/the cause for it or the other conversation they have about living in giant mudcrab shells.

Again, I could be wrong and it could had been just a coincidence that NPCs weren't talking when I took my chars out.
    • shadyjane62
      shadyjane62
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      My housewifely performance has greatly improved as I am taking out my rage on the dustbunnies.
    • WiseSky
      WiseSky
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yeah, this is honestly ridiculous.
      What a terrible implementation of AwA.
      Achievements should be account wide. Not locations, not quests, not NPC interactions.
      ZOS, you’ve gotta figure out how to separate these things from achievements. It’s making people incredibly unhappy.

ditto
      Immersive Quests Addon
      Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
      List of Immersion Addons
    • WiseSky
      WiseSky
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Let US Check ON or OFF each Achievement

If the Achievement is "ON" The world Treats you Accordingly
      If the Achievement is "OFF" The World Treats you Accordingly

Simple Solution.

@ZOS_Kevin
      @ZOS_GinaBruno
      Edited by WiseSky on March 16, 2022 5:47AM
      Immersive Quests Addon
      Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
      List of Immersion Addons
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

No noticeable change for me on PC EU. The first day was incredibly slow loading and NPC appearances but hopefully that was just a first day problem.
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hey everyone,

We've been seeing a lot of questions about what types of things are being tracked on the Zone Guide and Map now that Account Wide Achievements have launched on PC. We wanted to provide some clarity on what is tracked on the account vs character level:
      • Delves, Striking Locales, World Events and World Bosses use the Achievement to track progress in the Zone Guide but you will still need to discover these on individual characters on the Map.

Hint: They should not be tracked in the Zone Guide according to achievements if the character has to go discover these individually.
      Edited by Elsonso on March 16, 2022 3:35PM
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Additionally, it's worth mentioning there is currently a bug affecting completed Delves, World Bosses and World Events that are making them display as incomplete. We're working on getting this fixed for a future incremental patch.

What a total mess this is! I've parked my main accounts (one cancelled ESO+, the other to follow), and am just playing a single character on my third account so, I thought, its progression can't be compromised. But no, this bug struck today and while the zone guide showed everything completed, the map showed it all incomplete. Zone out and back in again and it's all completed. What a complete nonsense.
    • FluffyReachWitch
      FluffyReachWitch
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I liked Account Wide Achievements and titles in concept, but since I don’t follow the PTS that closely, this caught me off guard. Without character achievements, I expected to keep relying on the map and add-ons to track individual character progress.

Today I loaded a relatively new Warden and made my way to Ondil. Upon discovery, it was marked as cleared despite that character never setting foot inside. I defeated the boss and my only reward was the standard delve boss loot. There was no delve clear notification, no completion experience as far as I could tell, and no change to the map icon since it was “clear” already. No reason to be there except the skyshard.

I was hoping that this was just an unexpected bug from pushing the new system to live. I recall a mention of museum completion being decoupled from achievements to preserve that aspect of rolling a new character, so why not the map?
    • tmbrinks
      tmbrinks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I liked Account Wide Achievements and titles in concept, but since I don’t follow the PTS that closely, this caught me off guard. Without character achievements, I expected to keep relying on the map and add-ons to track individual character progress.

Today I loaded a relatively new Warden and made my way to Ondil. Upon discovery, it was marked as cleared despite that character never setting foot inside. I defeated the boss and my only reward was the standard delve boss loot. There was no delve clear notification, no completion experience as far as I could tell, and no change to the map icon since it was “clear” already. No reason to be there except the skyshard.

I was hoping that this was just an unexpected bug from pushing the new system to live. I recall a mention of museum completion being decoupled from achievements to preserve that aspect of rolling a new character, so why not the map?

Hundreds of players let ZoS know this was the case from testing on the PTS. They didn't listen and forged ahead. Why? Only they know. But they don't really let us know anything.
      Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
      The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    • LadyLethalla
      LadyLethalla
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was happy with the initial announcement about AWA, but... less happy now with its implementation. So my healer needs a ton of skill points, and had done maybe 90% of the public dungeon group events. If his group events are all showing as completed how am I to know which ones he can still do for the skill points? Same as for skyshards.
      x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
      Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    • tmbrinks
      tmbrinks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was happy with the initial announcement about AWA, but... less happy now with its implementation. So my healer needs a ton of skill points, and had done maybe 90% of the public dungeon group events. If his group events are all showing as completed how am I to know which ones he can still do for the skill points? Same as for skyshards.

Public Dungeon Group Event achievements are separate. They're one of the few that remained character bound.
    • joerginger
      joerginger
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sarannah wrote: »
      If you are truly serious about AwA, decouple everything from achievements!

I wrote the same thing weeks ago.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Agreed. Of course, as always, I have to say sat ping is not going to "improve" all out of recognition. But today was not at all worse than prior, and on EU was better by far than yesterday.

But of course, today returned to pre-Update 33 wonkiness. I had all kinds of problems today, just like before the update.
      (desynchs, lag, long loading screens...)
      Those first two days of perceived improvement after the patch appear to have been a fluke.
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Sylvermynx
        Sylvermynx
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

But of course, today returned to pre-Update 33 wonkiness. I had all kinds of problems today, just like before the update.
        (desynchs, lag, long loading screens...)
        Those first two days of perceived improvement after the patch appear to have been a fluke.

I was on early (before having to go pick up the truck that turned out not to be done after all *SIGH*) - like from around 7am MDT until 11 am MDT; didn't get back on after we got home. I'll see how it is in the morning.

But even PC EU (which is on peak when I'm playing there in my morning) was really loading fast for me. So maybe it's a case of when you have to play? Like PC NA prime time?
      • Mandragora
        Mandragora
        ✭✭✭
        I wish Map guide to be more detailed now and leaving out all the completed staff from old previews - like zone adventurer. it could be shown only if it is not completed. Is there any way how to open it to see all of it? I used to open achievements if I wanted to see more of details, but now it is useless for a character. Could the guide track just the character progress and leave all global achievements out?

Also I don't mind if all NPCs would stay muted :p it was broken long time before (like a personal banker using lines of a random NPCs, and using global achievements or just random sentences) and annoying.

EDIT:
        after discovering rifts it completed itself together with delves, I don't understand why? I thought that achievements are about numbers on the background account info, not completing everything with only 1 character, totally destroying any alts progress. Wow, this is so bad... So now we lost any progress, only grind remininding with companions and dailies, what a thrill...
        Edited by Mandragora on March 18, 2022 11:15PM
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      • Lopti
        Lopti
        ✭✭
        Welp, this has been a complete disaster, back to WoW I guess.... their story sucks but atleast I can play the game and do dungeons. How do you break something this much for this long, crazy.
      • James-Wayne
        James-Wayne
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        duagloth wrote: »
        What a mess,this makes zero sense. I have Alts that havesomehow defeated a boss in a group dungeon but yet the map shows theyve never been there.

Its a bug and is getting fixed, hang in there! :)
        PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
        James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
        529 people have also earned this badge.
      • SerafinaWaterstar
        SerafinaWaterstar
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        duagloth wrote: »
        What a mess,this makes zero sense. I have Alts that havesomehow defeated a boss in a group dungeon but yet the map shows theyve never been there.

Its a bug and is getting fixed, hang in there! :)

This was pointed out weeks ago on the pts and nothing done so your faith that something will be done is sweet.
      • SerafinaWaterstar
        SerafinaWaterstar
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I very much informed Zos thusly when I found out how AWA was being done, as if you actually play the game (something I feel more & more that the devs do not), you are fully aware that achievements are utterly entwined with monitoring and mapping progress.

Do a delve? Achievement.
        Kill a wb? Achievement.
        Do part of the main quest? Achievement.

*EVERYTHING* is (was) tied to getting an achievement for doing even the most basic thing. So just mushing them all together was never ever going to work.

I am still very angry about this utter lack if respect for players/paying customers who patiently & in great detail told you how this would be a car crash. And it is.

If this was my company, heads would roll over this.