The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 33 - Feedback Thread for Combat & Classes

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Duane wrote: »
    These Hybrid Scaling Changes will kill PvP........

Magic Builds are relatively unchanged in this Meta, except for a few possible changes to using 2h with execute, duel wield whirling blades.

There are NO magic or stamina builds going forward. We have to stop thinking of builds that way.

Today, my magcro gets a 4K spirit guardian heal , while my stamcro gets 2K. Next chapter my necro gets the same damage and healing across the board. The only thing I have to worry about is how much primary stat, secondary stat and recoveries do I need to keep up a mixed rotation of skills that cost mag and stam.

this is almost true.

max mag builds can use shields where max stam builds cannot, and max stam builds have greater pool of stam for various mechanics like breaking free or roll dodging.

i've done a bunch of parses on a "hybridish" dunmer sorc with exactly the same build swapping my attributes and enchants and i get pretty much the same dps.

it's a really interesting change, and I like it a lot.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    It's me or stamsorc has been garbage collected?
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hescrow wrote: »
    It's me or stamsorc has been garbage collected?

For pve? Idk.
    For pvp? No lol. Curse and/or fury + stam sorc normal burst is nutty
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

Magic Builds are relatively unchanged in this Meta, except for a few possible changes to using 2h with execute, duel wield whirling blades.

There are NO magic or stamina builds going forward. We have to stop thinking of builds that way.

Today, my magcro gets a 4K spirit guardian heal , while my stamcro gets 2K. Next chapter my necro gets the same damage and healing across the board. The only thing I have to worry about is how much primary stat, secondary stat and recoveries do I need to keep up a mixed rotation of skills that cost mag and stam.

this is almost true.

max mag builds can use shields where max stam builds cannot, and max stam builds have greater pool of stam for various mechanics like breaking free or roll dodging.

i've done a bunch of parses on a "hybridish" dunmer sorc with exactly the same build swapping my attributes and enchants and i get pretty much the same dps.

it's a really interesting change, and I like it a lot.

iirc the majority of shields scale from health. Two shields, sorc and the light armor shield scale from mag/health, which with the changes become anachronistic and usable only for niche builds (actually with these changes, ALL of the sorc and light armor shield nerfs should be backed out).

• Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the volatile armor change ☹
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for dead skills to be reworked into relevancy instead of seing meta one getting nerfed or buffed
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noerra wrote: »
    PvP will be broken

Hello - Hope this feedback will be helpful... but this next update is going to be so broken with the amount of healing a single person can do for themselves as a solo player but also for groups. This is going to be a terribly unfun meta if this goes live.

Tbh - if this meta goes live with people slotting Vigor and Regen on top of the free Major Protection via Flare.... I probably just not going to play this patch like I didn't play the patch when Hrothgar/Dark Convergence was breaking the game.

I can't see ESO being worth my time if this Meta goes live.

This isn't a rage/angsty/cry-baby post. Just giving some honest feedback as a paying customer. This meta looks terrible and feels terrible on the PTS. As a PvP player, I'm just not willing to deal with this upcoming healing meta.

Solution:

Make adjustments to Battle Spirit PvP buff to address this issue.
    Maybe make Regen scale 50% less off stam and Vigor scale 50% less of Magicka?
    Maybe nerf Cross-healing?

Something....

But without any changes before going live, I am probably going to take a break from ESO and play other games while keeping an eye out for any balancing patches in hopes that PvP will get a balanced meta..

It's mind boggling to me... the Meta is probably as close as it's ever been... yes magplar and magdk are probably the best, but overall class balance feels pretty great. We are so close to perfection and then these combat adjustments happen...

I love the idea of better hybridization, absolutely, my hope is that it doesn't create a broken healing meta for pvp tho.

Better hybridization.... Hm ill explain to you what this patch is.
    Its the beginnning of removing stamina from the game has a dmg option.
    Yes the whole game will be mag focused with stam being used for dodging only.
    This whole update is the beginning of it.
    So naturaly the balance will be weird for a year. Until next expansion.

Theres no ifs, the current pts is going live today.
    Edited by francesinhalover on March 14, 2022 3:29AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Next chapter stam will get removed from the game has a dmg role and it will all be magicka with stam usef for dodging.
    I bet a beer on it
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted move major Sorcery/Brutality to Siphoning Strikes of Nightblade.
    I strongly wish that it will be that way.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭

Next chapter stam will get removed from the game has a dmg role and it will all be magicka with stam usef for dodging.
    I bet a beer on it

Or stam using magicka morph wich tend to have more utility, heal and damage attached to them