The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 33 - Feedback Thread for Combat & Classes

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for any combat or class change. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance and changes.
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 31, 2022 6:45PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Were there any changes to Templar's Javelin? There was mention of changes in the Combat Preview, but nothing in the patch notes.

Edit: Checking out PTS now. Only change does indeed appear to be that the ability can no longer be blocked. It's just not listed in patch notes.
    Edited by ealdwin on January 31, 2022 7:04PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So with last year's push to bring frost staves to relevance (an effort I feel was successful) I was hoping the storm cursed set was a sign a similar thing was happening to shock staves. Fire outclasses them so heavily, with stronger single target damage (did it seriously need to be buffed?), to stronger damage on their morphs, to having two unique "increase fire damage done" debuffs. Even on sorcerer's fire is generally the better option. I just mentioned it in another thread, but if they did something similar to shock like they did to frost, where wielding a shock staff and applying concussed triggered the same chain lightning that storm cursed does, as well as making shock reach a purely shock spammable, maybe it would be a more sought after weapon rather than everyone running fire all the time. Just a thought, but that had my hopes up.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two handed skills are really strong atm because of stampede, carve + vma two handed.
    I dont ask for nerfs however

But please if possible buff/rework dual wield skills a bit like flurry and its morphs theres no reason to use flurry and the ability is just feels bad to use.
    Steel tornado could use a dmg buff theres no reason to use it when whirlwind blades exists same for quick cloak.
    Please rework buff the dw ultimate it just isnt worth using atm.

I love this patch but please... Dw could really use some love.

Poll i did showing some of the opinions the community has on dw https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594599/what-dual-wield-abilities-in-your-opinion-need-buffs#latest

Sorry to bother
    If possible in the future rework sorcerers conjured clanfears appearance... It looks really outdated.

Cant wait for the new update and expansion, thank you.
    Edited by francesinhalover on February 3, 2022 2:43AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please consider something else for biting jabs.

10 seconds for one of the most important buffs in the game.

Also this is not a buff skill, its a spammable ability.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Yeah, wasn't quite sure I liked Brutality/Sorcery on Biting Jabs. Maybe switch B/S to Sun Fire and keep Prophecy/Savagery on Jabs? Or move the healing to the base morph albeit at 30%, let Puncturing Sweeps increase the heal to 40 or 50% and then Biting Jabs have a stronger snare? IDK
    Edited by ealdwin on January 31, 2022 7:19PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ealdwin wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Were there any changes to Templar's Javelin? There was mention of changes in the Combat Preview, but nothing in the patch notes.

Edit: Checking out PTS now. Only change does indeed appear to be that the ability can no longer be blocked. It's just not listed in patch notes.

Apologies! This was accidentally missed but will add it to the patch notes now.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Make Jabs a DoT and finally remove this god awful spammable that’s plaguing this game since launch.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with sticking brutality/sorcery on jabs. I do think there should be more skill based sources but it shouldn't be on a spammable that is already one of if not the best in it game. I have to sacrifice a whole back bar just to run rally.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on January 31, 2022 9:15PM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derp wrong sticky
    Edited by BlissfulDeluge on January 31, 2022 7:29PM
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like crystal fragments should have the requirement for its proc changed to no longer require casting a magicka ability, but just casting a ability, otherwise the use of it on stam characters will still remain 0 likely.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the patch notes it only says player abilities that scale with highest offensive stat, does this mean weapon abilities do not?

If that's the case this is the most disappointing patch and expansion year of ESO ever.
    Edited by IronWooshu on January 31, 2022 7:35PM
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are we keeping Dark Convergence in the game?
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    In the patch notes it only says player abilities that scale with highest offensive stat, does this mean weapon abilities do not?

If that's the case this is the most disappointing patch and expansion year of ESO ever.

Weapon abilities appear to be scaling.

No points invested in Magicka - Uppercut = 4908 Physical Damage
    64 points invested in Magicka - Uppercut = 5803 Physical Damage
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First patch I've seen in a very long time without major overnerfs or massive pendulum swings. Thanks.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »

Weapon abilities appear to be scaling.

No points invested in Magicka - Uppercut = 4908 Physical Damage
    64 points invested in Magicka - Uppercut = 5803 Physical Damage

That's a relief. Im guessing player abilities is considered weapon abilities in the patch notes as well. Ok so this year isn't all that bad, it's got some potential.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see stamplars getting another Major buff for free. <_<

Why don't you just take away magplars' already ultra-nerfed jabs healing and give us the REALLY nice stuff.
    Edited by magnusthorek on January 31, 2022 7:45PM
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that we would have seen changes to wild guardian since that morph is quite literally useless as it's outclassed by eternal guardian.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see stamplars getting another Major buff for free. <_<

Why don't you just take away magplars' already ultra-nerfed jabs healing and give us the REALLY nice stuff.

It's not even a good buff tho.
    Imagine trying to set up an offensive combo with stun + ulti, would you want to jab beforehand or have major brut up already from really?
    What about being on the defensive or retreating? Are you going to swap to front every 10 seconds and jab and then swap back?
    This buff just encourages even more mindless jabs spam.
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are we keeping Dark Convergence in the game?

Not only keeping it, but giving it a nice buff in the form of a bug fix.

This should not be applied. It probably shouldn't do damage at all, to be honest. It's way too strong and annoying already just based on the pull alone.
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must say I'm a little disappointed that the re-imagining of class abilities was so limited.

Of course there is room for other patches to expand upon it, but the classes (especially the original 4) could use some reworks to many abilities, adding niche things and expanding on class identity. This felt like it was a chance to bring classes some more identity and flavor, which has been sorely missing over the years.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious as too what they did with the rest of their time. Combined with the DLC, this is sad and underwhelming.
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Degeneration (Mages Guild Entropy morph) was missed in also granting Major Brutality per the patch notes. The ability requires an action to gain the buff, even saying "grant" in the text, and therefore should receive this hybridization as well.

Before y'all comment on it being a guild ability, I see the patch notes paragraph begins with "Player Abilities" but goes on to apply hybridization to weapon skills too. Weapon usage has the same non-standard use as guilds--i.e. you don't know it exists until you interact with it.

I rest my case.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eormenric wrote: »
    Looks like Degeneration (Mages Guild Entropy morph) was missed in also granting Major Brutality per the patch notes. The ability requires an action to gain the buff, even saying "grant" in the text, and therefore should receive this hybridization as well.

Before y'all comment on it being a guild ability, I see the patch notes paragraph begins with "Player Abilities" but goes on to apply hybridization to weapon skills too. Weapon usage has the same non-standard use as guilds--i.e. you don't know it exists until you interact with it.

I rest my case.

It provides both on the PTS. Hunter/Light also provide both Savagery and Prophecy passively.
    Edited by ealdwin on January 31, 2022 8:11PM
  • LordeGian
    LordeGian
    ✭✭
    No nerf heals for MagDK and Magplar? Thats burst heals will continue to overpower until the next patch, this is stressful.
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭✭

I rest my case.

It provides both on the PTS. Hunter/Light also provide both Savagery and Prophecy passively.

Thank you for the clarification! If they're including passive sources, does that include Werewolf's Hircine Bounty? (Can't play until later.)
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Weapon (morph): This ability will now replace Imbue Weapon or its morphs after casting, to help reduce the amount of burst potential it can offer with singular moments.

Could somebody clear up how this works now?
    When I cast Crystal after Imbue Weapon, the latter is gone?
    What if I cast Crystal first, will Imbue Weapon remove it as well? That is not mentioned in the patch notes.

And will Crystal > Snipe > LA > Crushing still work with this change?

Also kinda whack they would nerf this, can't remember seeing stamsorcs dominating PvP recently, I hardly see any.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I rest my case.

Thank you for the clarification! If they're including passive sources, does that include Werewolf's Hircine Bounty? (Can't play until later.)

Yes. Both Hircine's Bounty and Roar provide both Savager/Prophecy and Brutality/Sorcery.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordeGian wrote: »
    No nerf heals for MagDK and Magplar? Thats burst heals will continue to overpower until the next patch, this is stressful.

Why?
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭
    LordeGian wrote: »

i cant wit for Temp with vigor+ritual+burstheal+bubble.

or Necro with
    RR/vigor/teather/mender..

gonna be balanced af