Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2022 Global Reveal- High Isle

• Juomuuri
    Juomuuri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for this Chapter, even tho I was disappointed by Greymoor (the launch was horrifying) and Blackwood (too few quests, and Companions are annoying). Maybe it'll be a better experience, maybe not.

What I like:
    - New area we haven't seen before! The architecture and scenery look stunning - I love medieval stuff and the mediterranean.
    - The return of Dolmen-like world events (I personally like these more than the portals from Blackwood).

What I don't like:
    - It's not about the Redguards. Shame on you, they need more love. :(
    - The card game, like please no, I don't have the brain to do tactical thinking. Also a huge minus if leads are bound to it.

What I'd want:
    - The main questline - I really, REALLY hope it's written better than Blackwood + Deadlands (I hate handholding and the quest NPCs treating me like I have dementia). I'm not a baby.
    - The side quests - please add more than there were in Blackwood + Deadlands, I love the Chapters and DLCs before that for the sheer amount of stuff I could do.
    - The landscape - I'm hoping it doesn't look as empty as Blackwood (Greymoor and Elsweyr looked sorta empty-ish too, but hoo boy Blackwood took the cake). Summerset is still the least empty-looking Chapter zone to date. Detail and variation are good. It doesn't have to be massive with things spread wide apart, well thought out zones have lots of room but still enough detail (pointing at base game zones). I don't wanna feel like I'm in Cyrodiil (the PvP zone that is).

I dunno, I just keep hoping we'd get more content instead of empty landscapes that might look impressive and stuff I guess.
    PC-EU (Steam) - Roleplayer, Quester, Crafter, Furnisher, Dungeoneer - Fashion Scrolls - CP 2000+
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see taverns offer different rewards for beating npcs at card game.

Right now we could use alchemy stuff to make potions. The prices of some things like corn flower are 5 times of what they used to be.

Housing materials could used some love. Buying 1 heartwood is 1000 gold. So imagine if item needs 10. It's making housing unavailable for majority of players

@ZOS_Kevin hope you see this
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on February 14, 2022 3:24AM
  • Aram500
    Aram500
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to the new chapter, but not the card game.
  • YellowFridge
    YellowFridge
    ✭✭
    I won't be buying it, definitely not at full price. Will prob just wait until it's available in ESO+

Location looks cool, but thats about it.

Hard to be excited about the story content when the gameplay surrounding it is as engaging as getting lobotomised. Overland content needs to be made more difficult in some sort of way - period.

Don't care about new companions. Whats the point of them even? When I can already faceroll public dungeons and delves (naked) what purpose do they serve?

I like card games, but having this as the only new feature is kind of a joke. I also fear the cards themselves will be monetised in a predatory way OR the game itself will lock items (weapons/armor) behind it. Cosmetics only PLEASE for the love of god

ZOS, you seem to only be catering to brand new players while offering less and less with each chapter release. Most of the content you guys release (zones/story) are braindead easy. How about releasing more than one trial a year? Adding more engaging content for vets? Updating older systems/dlc? Many posters have given you a multitude of good suggestions.

I am aware you guys are re-architecting the server code, as a software dev I know this is a monumental task. I'm looking forward to how this can benefit both PvP (more stability) and PvE (bigger zones/more to do in them) in the future. Also hoping previous gen consoles can get support dropped so you don't have to work around limitations. Hopefully sooner rather than later (biased pc player here).

[snip]

[edited to remove baiting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on February 15, 2022 7:01PM
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    what do we think well i think the trailer looks awsome .,, not watched the talk about it yet but.. i think its cool and looks good... the game iam hearing about some people like it some people dont.. if anything after the card game add other games in like races of frogs and mount races lol..
    id like to see some dragonborn skill trees that not so overpowered thou..
    there some cool mounts and cool ideas from all the people in this forms--- and i think amazing to give feedback on this..
    i love giving ideas.. and reading other peoples. liking and so on--
    this form is cool..

still think thou we need the ability to be able to earn older mounts int he game at a store in game near mount spots in game--so we can get feathers and berry's or even other items for things we missed out on with in game currency that can earn in game ..
  • Porter_H
    Porter_H
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed there isn't a new class, weapon/skill line. Combat is getting pretty stale honestly.

I hate the Antiquity system (and the fact that mythics are tied to it). The card game looks like something similar. A mini-game I won't want to play.
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I would like to see improved, is, fishing (I do a lot of it) . So much potential, but except for Summerset, it kinda gets pushed to the sidelines.
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    No one asked for an a card game within ESO. You want cards? Go on mobile and there's an official elder scrolls card game lol, seriously, it's called Elder Scrolls Legends.
    So there is something wrong here. The disconnect with the actual players of ESO is shocking. It would of made some sense at least if instead of a card game, they would of perhaps expanded upon say, fishing ???
    Or heck, add some kinda "pokemon" type feature where we can collect all the exotic animals around tamriel and maybe train them as combat pets to duel other players , like mudcrab vs mudcrab . THAT would of made more sense than this card game lol
    As for the High Isle itself, it's not terrible looking but it looks like your trying to sell a location the size of Khanerthis Roost or smaller , for the price of a full size game. Am I mistaken? Not a good look.
    But good thing ZOS has activated the Cold Storage , cuz by the looks of things, your gonna have to place a lot more accounts in the cryo chamber after all this. Seriously. That "20million" player count is becoming a meme guys lol. I'm going to be happy if 20 thousand remain active lol

So I like the knights of the round table type of fantasy style the Bretons have, that's cool. But this was a simple asset flip and reshade, texture. There was hardly anything they had to do from scratch for this.
    Import tons of assets from the base game area in glenumbra, check, oh and dig up some fancy roof shingles in our artist software, check. Make the story like one of the many interesting sidequests, but extend it, check. Boom.

Like this new chapter is literally a tiny island place. Am I mistaken? Lol

Good side to all this hopefully means that this smaller release can free up time and resources to continue the 2022 official fixing of the server architecture, so if that is why this release is more "simple" then I can understand. The requests by the pvp community for better features and performance and modes MUST wait, until the server is upgraded , fixed etc.

So with that in mind, Im not that irritated with this High Isle. It's just....a card game??? Go play Elder Scrolls Legends. You need to scrap this card nonsense and actually expand on FISHING. Let us build a boat or something and make the fishing more exciting and interesting. Give us more fishing costumes. Let us dress up like a fish. Give us a fish race. With fish skills and passives. And let us finally DIVE under the water! I'm joking about a fish race but ya, the fishing should get it's own skill line , with it's own tournaments and event.
    Again, no one asked for a card game. [snip]

[edited for mild bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 19, 2022 11:46AM
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't purchased this DLC, oh chapter. There needs to be a really outstanding META set that I'm going to want to use before I buy it. I was hoping there would be a new usable skill line or a spear or something. Now for this card game... It stinks of a cheesy cellphone game. It takes the feel of ESO out of the game.
    Edited by ACamaroGuy on February 21, 2022 10:29PM
    For the Empire
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Read through the latest posts and ZOS feedback.

Conclusion: Sammy will get High Isle, but not preorder and definitely not before having seen what the changes (based on feedback) will be.

This one has been an ESO+ subscriber since 2019, love the lore, PVE, community et cetra et cetra but getting tired of the whole self inflicted dramas by ZOS.
    Edited by SammyKhajit on February 22, 2022 11:37AM
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted somewhere else, posting here too.

Shawn_PT wrote: »
    I wish I could give multiple "Agrees" with this post. Seriously.

Whenever I see an update and zos states that it's something players have been requesting for a long time, I think.... Who? Who has requested this? Not me for sure. I don't remember being asked my opinion on (insert random change). I also don't think the vocal members of the forums actually amount to a significant portion of the population so that what they ask for is actually what the community wants.

I see people on my guilds saying they'd want to post on the forums but don't have an account here so they can't, and ask someone who does. I can probably count with the fingers of one hand the names from my guilds who also regularly appear in the forums. And I'm on several 400+ guilds.

And this last change with the account-wide achievements? I can safely say not one person in my endgame guild finds this change good, or welcome. And I'm talking about people who have pretty much the game completed. The common arguments are:

"What's the point of having more than one character now?"

"Why should I keep playing now, after having completed every achievement in the game? I am certainly not going to start a second character now or join other prog groups since it will literally have no meaning."

"I'm afraid of logging into my alts now, since a lot of achievements may now be permanently registered as being first unlocked by "MuleMaster" instead of my main." (Particularly those like Black Market Mogul and the such).

"This is probably going to break the game so badly, I'll take a couple of weeks break from ESO just so I don't risk losing anything..."

Personally, I abhor this idea. I enjoyed hunting for monster trophies on my alts. I enjoyed fishing on my alts. Or clearing every delve on a map, or every skyshard... I got a little bit of happy chemicals each time that flag popped up for ACHIEVEMENT COMPLETE. Now I'll seldom see it again. All the time I've spent chasing that high will mean nothing. Since the announcement dropped, I find myself logging in and just forcing myself to do something random, or just wander around with not much will to work on anything. Trying to convince myself that deep down, it may not be that bad. Then look at my achievement lists and realize I'm just lying to myself. There's zero incentive to log into my templar. Or my sorc. Or my necro. Or my warden...... Why should I anyway? Nothing they have now will mean anything in a few weeks, neither will there be an interest in chasing achievements on them that my main already has because.... Oh yeah. They won't even be achievements anymore!

Should have started by consolidating those achievements that are actually the reason why people might want this, such as trifectas, instead of loading them all into the same bag. Then depending on reception, work from there. But for the love of Talos ask the players, not just scan the forums for what's being whined about before making this sort of change. Somehow, I am finding it extremely hard to accept that checking a database for achievements is such a huge burden that performance will suddenly be that much better when this change drops.

I did not want this, I did not ask for this, and this will severely hinder my ability to enjoy the game and keep coming back.

(Have you noticed how people seem so much more interested/troubled with the achievement change than with the whole new chapter and its card game gimmick? Makes a person think.)
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Following @Shawn_PT and doing the same with my PTS feedback, because I think individual character achievements are being gutted for this card game no one wants (note, I wasn't against AwA, but I'm against gutting characters and making the game world into a mess for alts):
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    Copying over my PTS feedback so everyone can see what is coming with this update, and what a mess it is:

Dear ZOS,

Elder Scrolls has always been an RPG first and foremost. The single player games were not just games to beat, they provided a world you could immerse into, where you could suspend your disbelief and actually feel like a person in that world trying to save it from whatever danger threatened Nirn. ESO had a rocky beginning, but over time, ZOS, you got it right, and it really felt like an Elder Scrolls game. The best part about it was, I wasn't limited to just one character doing the story, I could create multiple characters and they all didn't have to do the same story. I have one character only, my woodelf Kesstryl, who completed Coldharbor and is the one I consider The Vestige. My other characters are heroes in other parts of the world. My Nord Reynild is the hero of Western Skyrim and Markath. My Argonian Speaks-With-Trees is the hero of Morrowind. My Altmer Malatunir, an Ayleid descendant, is the hero of Blackwood and the Deadlands. He also saved the souls of argonians and righted the wrongs of his ancestors in the Murkmire story. My Khajiit Maila is a master thief. My Breton Luceya is a lawful good healer hired by adventurers to keep them safe through evil places (basically my dungeon and trials healer). My Dunmer Varla helped Sotha Sil to save Clockwork City.

Each character played through different content because that was their story. When I replay content, sometimes I'll apply the costume of the first character and pretend it's that character going through it again. I know that's weird, but in my mind each of these stories belongs to one character, and any others repeating them are sort of "dreaming" the story of that character. My characters are not extensions of me the player, they're people living in different places in Tamriel rising to the occasion. I don't want to be reminded that they are just tools I'm using to play a game. I want them to remain individual people in Tamriel with their own histories and stories, and their own achievements and tracking. I don't want to lose this. I don't want to look at a map in a place Reynild has never been to and see it already explored because Kesstryl was already there. I don't want my healer Luceya to have NPCs respond to her as if she's a master thief because Maila put that achievement on my account. I don't want to lose my second chance at talking with Count Ravenwatch at the end of the Markath story for his final thoughts and be welcomed into House Ravenwatch on a character playing through the story again because Reynild was the first to have spoken to him and gotten the achievement. I don't want NPCs in Western Skyrim to respond to Varla, who's never been there, as if she is the one who saved them and not Reynild. I don't want Reynild to be thanked for stopping the Planemeld when it was Kesstryl who did that. Do you see what this mess is doing to my characters? Do you see how it's ruining the game for me? How long, ZOS, do you think people like me will be able to stand this kind of ruin before we simply walk away and don't log in again?

Fine, ZOS, you want to make ESO like every other MMO out there. How about copying what World of Warcraft did, the most successful MMO ever, which was to implement Account Wide Achievements in addition to Character achievements so both existed simultaneously? Why not that? Keep NPCs and quests tied to the character data so the account data doesn't break immersion for my individual characters? Let me track my individual character achievements, and even get the ding message when that character accomplishes something for the first time, just like WoW has. You want to be like other games, but you are ruining what makes an Elder Scrolls game unique, which is that it's built on a solid RPG foundation. RPGs don't merge characters into an amalgamation and have the world treat all alts as if they all did the same thing. It would cease being an RPG and simply be a game to beat once, and then move on to something else. You want people to just beat ESO once and then move on because they achieved it all? Is this a game to beat or an RPG? Is this beautiful and immersive world simply there to be a background to score pushing and beating the system? It's not there to create characters that are part of it and that have stories in it as they work along side some of the best NPCs you ever created that are wonderfully voice acted? You want players to think of their characters as simple tools that you really only need one of because individually they don't exist, only the player exists and that's all that matters? You have no idea how bad this is. Please listen to us and put off the Account Wide Achievement update until you can fix this properly. Otherwise, you could easily save money by firing all the voice actors and writers and just get rid of quests and just make more dungeons and trials and PvP and call it a day. Change the name from Elder Scrolls to something else while you're at it, it will lose its soul as an Elder Scrolls game. Gutting characters is the first step towards that.

and my follow up comment to today's article:

Dear ZOS

Well, since this is a done deal, let me add more feedback. ZOS, you had weeks of internal testing to figure out where achievements would affect quests and how NPCs react to our characters. From the bugs seen with quests and NPC reactions to alts who've never done the story lines in those zones, I can't believe you didn't fix these obvious issues BEFORE rolling it to PTS. The hamfisted way of merging achievements but not untying NPC reactions and quests from those achievements has ruined this game for those of us who come here for the stories and the role play. I've already made my case clear in a previous, quite long comment about how this destroys the way I play. The least you could have done was figure out a way to untie NPC reactions and quests from achievements and implement an alternative way to have those things tied to our characters.

Ok, you finally admitted this was for performance and not some magnanimous gift to players out of feedback and goodwill. I can accept losses to keep the game healthy. I will NEVER accept a shoddy implementation that destroys immersion and how the world of Tamriel reacts to my alts. If you can't (or won't) fix those things, I'm out. I'm done. I spent a lot of money over these 8 years on your game through subs, crown buying, invested a lot of that into housing, outfits, pets, etc. You will not have my money anymore. I don't pay to play a product that is so badly done that it destroys what the RPG world of Elder Scrolls is and makes it as immersive as the next generic MMOG that everyone plays through once and then forgets.

I've put up with a lot of changes I didn't like over the years from you. When nerfs wrecked my progression groups, I always thought to myself, well, there's always this beautiful world and great quests to play through again, they can't ever wreck role play. OMG I was so wrong! You managed to wreck that too. Good job on that, I don't think I've ever heard of a game that nerfed role play before. You get the achievement for that!

You have two weeks to fix this, that's how long my now cancelled sub lasts. I will not subject my characters to living in a world where NPCs have this amnesia plague about who they are and what they've done. This literally has caused such anxiety that I feel literally sick to my stomach about it. This game was my escape from the real world, a place to suspend my disbelief and live another life through my characters so I could feel better when I returned to the real world again. I'll have to find that somewhere else now, and trust me, I certainly will if this isn't fixed, and that place will get my hard earned money that I work hard for so I can escape for a little while in my off time. I get the sense that you don't take role players as seriously as score pushers and PvPers, or you would have fixed these things before letting this crap hit PTS. That disrespect also makes me sick to my stomach. Your game doesn't deserve the title of Elder Scrolls. I've never seen this IP so mismanaged.
    Edited by Kesstryl on February 27, 2022 9:54PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kesstryl - could you link today's article please and thanks!
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @Kesstryl - could you link today's article please and thanks!

Sorry, that wasn't actually written today, it was written on the day they released the Q&A which you can read here:

hhttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/598862/official-discussion-thread-for-update-33-preview-account-wide-achievements-and-more/p1ttp://

and here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/598865/account-wide-achievements-q-a#latest
    Edited by Kesstryl on February 27, 2022 11:01PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, okay - thanks, yes I saw both of those. I thought I must have missed another something!
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing since 2015 on console, subbed for ages, and this is the first chapter I haven’t pre-ordered.

I was looking forward to this chapter from the visuals & potential story, and was willing to overlook the card game (find these very dull) to buy it, but the utter fiasco over AWA implementation and the intransigent silent contempt for players it demonstrates has made me keep my money in my wallet.

Feels like a strange act of self sabotage by Zos.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Basically this is NOT worth my money anymore, because after the March update with the broken Account Achievements Update, I will only have one chance to experience High Isles fresh and new, then after one character completed it, my alts will be hailed savior of the High Isles when they step onto them due to the achievements instead of entering a fresh experience. Once you have a story achievement done, all alts, even ones who never did those quests, will be hailed savior of wherever they are. Immersion is broken, the 4th wall between the game and the player is broken, so I'm glad I didn't preorder as this content will not give me my money's worth in terms of replay-ability with my alts.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have decided not to purchase this chapter for 3 main reasons.

I am disappointed that both new companions are female.

I am not the least bit interested in the card game.

And the most important reason, because of account wide achievements.
    PCNA
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not interested in one more companion and even less in a card game.
    Up to now, as I do love full surprise, I have taken care to avoid spoilers about rest of content... It was maybe not such a good idea. I do hope that it's not just about a new companion and a card game... I will probably change my strategy for once, give up on full surprise/discovery and wait to know more before to purchase. :/
    Edited by DreamyLu on March 8, 2022 4:41PM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be surprised if ZoS were surprised at the largely negative reaction to the announcement to this chapter. I certainly have not bothered to pre-order it and if I get it then I'll get it cheap.

Maybe it's time to take another break, if we just had some exciting news about what we can expect in the future...As it is I can barely be bothered to log on, ideally I'd like to copy the main I used since beta into the character I use now, but I don't see ZoS doing that for some bizarre reason.

I think they do need to buck their ideas up, as my Gran would say. There are big games coming in the next few years, I don't care about LoL but I absolutely devour the lore, so I'm looking forward to news on Runeterra, keeping a weather eye out for Ashes as well.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    I would be surprised if ZoS were surprised at the largely negative reaction to the announcement to this chapter. I certainly have not bothered to pre-order it and if I get it then I'll get it cheap.

Maybe it's time to take another break, if we just had some exciting news about what we can expect in the future...As it is I can barely be bothered to log on, ideally I'd like to copy the main I used since beta into the character I use now, but I don't see ZoS doing that for some bizarre reason.

I think they do need to buck their ideas up, as my Gran would say. There are big games coming in the next few years, I don't care about LoL but I absolutely devour the lore, so I'm looking forward to news on Runeterra, keeping a weather eye out for Ashes as well.

I personally deleted the game off of my Xbox, and may come back when Xcloud has the game up and running again. So I'm looking to play the game in shorter sessions in the future through streaming method. I'm tired of the huge size updates, and how they won't fix anything foundational to the experience , like the old outdated server they aren't prioritizing high enough. The game isn't dead like some try to say, but it seems to be on life support in a way.

They keep the crown store up to date , and look for new players to get hooked based on these players past experiences with the old single player series.

If you look at the Steam chart of the games with the most active players, ESO gets beat out by Skyrim. That's incredible, considering Skyrim isn't a live service game , yet still has more active players than ESO. That tells you something. People are enjoying the ever growing library of player created content. It keeps Skyrim ever fresh and new to the majority of gamers.

What ZOS really lacks is a fiery passion to keep making great content. ZOS is very low energy. It's become a hum drum of Crown Crates and now a dlc the size of Khanerthis Roost lol. Just looking at those two ladies who do all the public relations for the community
    " ESO fam in the house!!!"

, they are just your typical nice, CASUAL gamers , they get super excited about housing and non combat pets. And that's okay.

But the fire of innovation and that electricity that brought this game into existence in the beginning to seem lost. There's a kind of comfortable complacency. And though that isn't an attack on the devs, it should be seen as a call to action.

Let's get excited guys , let's even get angry. I saw a recent live stream Rich Lambert did where he was doing dungeons and also talking to chat, one player asked about a topic to do with exploitation of new players, greed and the crown store. Rich did a okay job dealing with the question, but he literally said it made him very mad, To say the least. He said ALOT more than that. ( Rich became furious) , but he did a ok job keeping his composure. And he made it clear he isn't attacking the player who asked the question, he said he was just tired of being called a greedy horrible person etc.

And ya know what, I think that was risky for him to react that way, but I loved because I finally saw some passion , some fire in his eyes. He defended himself and his team.

Some thought it was a bad look, but whether he is right or wrong, the big thing I learned was that he's still a human and has blood coursing through his veins.

So I don't mind the heated discussions , I just want to see that fire and energy in action. Take that fury and you make ESO the best MMO on the market. Don't let the pandemic or situations around you turn you into a victim. You keep on fighting and believing in yourself and let the fans inspire you.

I encourage ZOS to get inspired again, to prove themselves again. To aim for the top. To delivery masterpieces of content. They can do it. If they all believe in themselves and get out of their comfort zones and safe spaces

No, I'm not quitting ESO, I'm just asking the dev team, rich and everyone else, to not quit either.
    Edited by S0Z0H on March 8, 2022 1:23AM
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you ask anyone in my guilds (hi @Shawn_PT ) I'm the casualist player who ever casualed, and I believe we need more QoL improvements.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id cry if i could play high isle, you guys are lucky yiu can afford it :(
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with many earlier posts. I am interested in the story, especially since it has been stated to not be a "end of the world"-scenario, which is something that I have been asking for. So that part absolutely speaks to me.

The setting may be interesting, and I am sure that it will be a good looking area. The size concerns me less than many others, as I am more interested in a well-told story than how large the area is.

But the card game, and the AwA make me cringe. I have a very hard time believing that the card game will not lead to Crown-store, or even Crown-crate sales of OP special cards, though I hope I am wrong. The AwA, as many others have pointed out, risk killing the game, or at least cripple its replayability severely. As many others, I have found my lust and joy of playing the game severly diminished of late, because of the advent of the AwA. :(

• alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone who's thinking, "I didn't want a card game. Why is ZOS making a card game?" keep in mind that this is something players have been asking for over years.

I did a quick forum search and found threads from at least 2015 to this month asking for table games, card games, and ESO's own version of a game like Gwent.

When it's playerbase asks for something that's deliverable, ZOS does eventually try to deliver.

So add card games onto the list that includes:
    Battlegrounds
    Housing
    Alliance Change Tokens
    Companions
    Separate Imperial City Campaigns
    Jewelry crafting

I didn't ask for a card game. But I know lots of people did, and I can be happy for them they got what they hoped for!

I fear that people asked for Gwent, but will get all different kind of card game, where the best cards can only be purchased through crown-crates. :/
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure someone asked for a card game , but it's defin
    For anyone who's thinking, "I didn't want a card game. Why is ZOS making a card game?" keep in mind that this is something players have been asking for over years.

I did a quick forum search and found threads from at least 2015 to this month asking for table games, card games, and ESO's own version of a game like Gwent.

When it's playerbase asks for something that's deliverable, ZOS does eventually try to deliver.

Battlegrounds
    Housing
    Alliance Change Tokens
    Companions
    Jewelry crafting

I didn't ask for a card game. But I know lots of people did, and I can be happy for them they got what they hoped for!

I fear that people asked for Gwent, but will get all different kind of card game, where the best cards can only be purchased through crown-crates. :/

I think some asked for a card game , but not that many players lol. With all the bigger issues at hand, like really? Lol. Go play Elder Scrolls Legends if you want a card game
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Battlegrounds
    Housing
    Alliance Change Tokens
    Companions
    Jewelry crafting

Not that I'm looking forward to the card game but ZOS stated that when playing the decks of both players will be combined so both players will be playing with the same cards. So you'll never be at a disadvantage against players with better cards because you will be playing with those cards, not just against them.
    Edited by Snamyap on March 10, 2022 5:18PM
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Card game should be a small addition not treated like a major focus. Still meh on companions, and really they shouldn't be a major focus as we already have two. Where is the meat? Where is the new and different or exciting stuff?

IF I get it, it will be around xmas when it is dirt cheap. If I get it at all. You guys really seem to have lost the ability to come up with truly enticing new content.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the Card game idea

Thanks a lot Zos

Azura bless you

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Card games are awesome, I have fond memories of plating Gwent in the witcher, it really made that game even better than it already was for me, I really hope ESO gets it right, can't wait for tournamentd and duels.