The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvPers how does this make you feel?

• EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightlord wrote: »
    You all are only proving her point. You got a cookie-cuttered clip of someone obviously having a bit of fun poking and prodding, because she knows the tall task of work, and its also been said numerous times things are being worked on, its not easy, and it takes time. I'm sure its not easy fixes, and people need to stop pretending its an easy fix. The people who clip this know you will act this way in response, thats why its clipped without much context. Rich Lambert is always kind mannered in his streams, don't attack the devs.

Kind is nice.

Honesty matters more.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all are only proving her point. You got a cookie-cuttered clip of someone obviously having a bit of fun poking and prodding, because she knows the tall task of work, and its also been said numerous times things are being worked on, its not easy, and it takes time. I'm sure its not easy fixes, and people need to stop pretending its an easy fix. The people who clip this know you will act this way in response, thats why its clipped without much context. Rich Lambert is always kind mannered in his streams, don't attack the devs.

This is not attacking the devs. It is not even taken out of context. If you watch more the bashing actually continues on PvPers.
    No one said it was an easy fix, but it has been broken for years and all we ever hear is "we are working on it"

Are they really working on it? Or are they just saying that to shut people up? This is not how you treat your customer base. It's not like PvP has been broken for a few weeks. It has been broken for literally years.

These are fair questions that have been unanswered for years. For whatever reason they choose not to include us in what they are working on. No time frame, just sit there and deal with it or according to her "play another game"
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance has been bad for years now. Skills are not working, siege weapons are not working, people can't move or crash. We even made fun of the lag in Greymore tonight. When everyone lags and no one can attack it evens the playing field.

And while it is good to hear that they are working on it it is the same answer we have gotten for months now. We need better communication about this and not a snippy answer. I don't know who that person was that asked that question but it might have been a genuine question by a player. This was simply unprofessional.

While they might have encountered toxic people in their chat it is not okay to treat someone who asked a simple question like this. If they don't know they can just say so or just ignore the question altogether. And I agree, let's not hate on the devs, but it would be nice if they would also treat us not like this.

Also, Rich's twitch info states: Game dev and avid gamer. Work hard, play hard and be yourself. This is a safe space for everyone to chill, ask questions and have fun.
    This encourages people to ask questions about the game so people might ask about bugs or items in his stream. New players or players that don't follow the forums might ask about the state of PvP or other bugs they might have encounted.

[Edit for typos and an afterthought]
    Edited by Wolfkeks on January 11, 2022 11:22PM
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a shockingly enlightening video.

Thank you very much for posting it.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, so what. Does not make me feel anything. Actually thought they were just being sarky, and was not taking it seriously.

Played pvp tonight and had a ball.
    No lag, skills worked.

(And if posting this stuff, please explain context)
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes, this kind of attitude went oh so well for the Star Trek Online PvP community. Surely they're still there, right? Oh right.... they all left after all the abuse, although ESO is not quite at that stage since ESO at least tries to balance PvP.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn’t matter who she is, if she steps on to the ESO dev stream and starts answering questions put towards the development team, she is representing ZOS. It might have been a tongue in cheek comment, however, pvpers have been paying full price for a busted game for years. While content is constantly added to PVE and overland, and crown store and housing, pvp is told "we are working on it". The fact that the population of pvpers is as large as it is, is remarkable considering the apathy zos shows towards them and speaks to how much pvpers value the game. Performance is obviously a huge issue, however, the apathy shown by zos towards the pvp community is what, I believe, drives away more players than anything. Continuously trotting out the tired old lines with no attempt to have meaningful discourse leaves a bitter taste in the mouths of a community that have invested 1000s of hours and dollars into a project because they are told over and over "we value your feedback and are working on it", despite results showing otherwise.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    I left this game in September, im a day 1 PC launch player.........I still keep my eye on it but I dont play anymore.

After finally leaving, i wondered how I stayed on for so long, considering the state of end game pvp in this game. I've always defended this game and its accomplishments. It's a great PVE game. They shifted directions a very long time ago. End game pvp is just simply not important. Whether its cyrodil, battlegrounds, etc.

It was honestly a breath of fresh air to switch games in September.....

I honestly cant believe how this clip/comment surprises anyone in the end game eso pvp community. All of the evidence is there, and yet people(myself included until Sept)still cling on - " maybe NEXT update". Maybe my opinions will be proven wrong in a couple of weeks, but I doubt it.

I think it's cool to stay here if you enjoy the combat, have friends, etc.....but to expect change to end game pvp? To actually think there will be any meaningful focus on pvp??.....idk....
  • Musax
    Musax
    ✭✭
    Very unprofessionell....and her explanation why she has no sympathy feels like a cop out after slipping even worse than the baby-noises

If she had said 'i don't worry about PvP' the followup 'because i know they are working on it' makes sense.
    Sympathy on the other hand is not connected to wether they are working on fixes or not. Not having sympathy with ESOs PvPers has no reasonable explanation. That's something personal
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    Whilst it isn't professional, or nice, it was his wife saying it, on a personal stream, who has no affiliation with the game.

I am sure everyone gets frustrated, Rich Lambert does stream very often and I haven't heard of him personally bad-mouthing anyone whilst constantly being asked about the game and his work for hours on end.

I certainly couldn't be asked questions on my job for hours on end and never slip up.

His wife does sit there and listen to him answer questions often, he has been asked that question many times and has always AFAIK, answered it respectfully saying that they have an engineering team assigned to the issue with the purpose of working on a way to improve the lag in Cyrodiil.

It was his wife 'defending' him, if you want to hear his answer to the question he does answer it often, and always in a respectful way.

I'm a PVE player and I'm blown away by this.

His wife needs coaching if she's going to be on these streams. At the very least, they should hold themselves to standard that their TOS and Twitch Channel mods holds us to.
    Edited by Destai on January 11, 2022 11:07PM
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    NagualV wrote: »
    I left this game in September, im a day 1 PC launch player.........I still keep my eye on it but I dont play anymore.

After finally leaving, i wondered how I stayed on for so long, considering the state of end game pvp in this game. I've always defended this game and its accomplishments. It's a great PVE game. They shifted directions a very long time ago. End game pvp is just simply not important. Whether its cyrodil, battlegrounds, etc.

I honestly cant believe how this clip/comment surprises anyone in the end game eso pvp community. All of the evidence is there, and yet people(myself included until Sept)still cling on - " maybe NEXT update". Maybe my opinions will be proven wrong in a couple of weeks, but I doubt it.

I think it's cool to stay here if you enjoy the combat, have friends, etc.....but to expect change to end game pvp? To actually think there will be any meaningful focus on pvp??.....idk....

Does the new game have good pvp/rvr? If so please let me know what it is.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No one's attacking Rich, we're pointing how unprofessional and rude her comment was.

Additionally, you can't say you're fixing something for 4+ years and not provide any modicum of update, and then get snarky when players ask for updates. No one's expecting an easy fix, but some communication would be great.

If Rich had these streams up where he just played, and didn't answer any questions whatsoever, I could see this as him not representing ZOS. But he is, he is answering questions, and he walking through game designs. Anyone he has on that stream is representing ZOS too - especially if they know intimate details on what's being worked on.

He needs to apologize to the playerbase, and she needs a break from his streams. It's only fair.
  • Eevee_42
    Eevee_42
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no way of defending this behavior. This is not a matter of an out of context comment; this unhinged hatred towards the pvp community is a common occurrence on his stream. His wife, his mod, and Rich himself all have made backhanded comments that are quite revealing of how they really feel towards paying customers. Questions about pvp are either met with annoyance or straight up disrespect as displayed in this video. All we keep hearing is, “we’re working on it.” After years, these false promises are falling on deaf ears and we are tired of hearing it. While I think that we should approach the devs with respect, I don’t blame pvp players for being fed up at this point.

I think we should all take his wife’s advice and go “pvp somewhere else”. We clearly aren’t valued and our criticism and questions are just “trolling and baiting Rich” on his stream. Why should we keep putting money in their pockets?
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    NagualV wrote: »

Does the new game have good pvp/rvr? If so please let me know what it is.

I would say it, lol, but then there will be all sorts of comments bashing it, saying all sorts of negative things, and I dont want to get into that.

I will say that the combat is different from ESO, but equally enjoyable and actually better in many ways....this is subjective of course.

I left towards the end of September, right when coincidentally they began the famous/infamous BG DM only "test".....;) theres your hint
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole thing makes me think of Gina's Twitter post asking how we defined better communication from ZOS. Well this, this isn't better communication.
  • Nightlord
    Nightlord
    ✭✭✭
    AuraNebula wrote: »
    This is not attacking the devs. It is not even taken out of context. If you watch more the bashing actually continues on PvPers.

No it doesn't, lol.

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that video explains alot, game related and not.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I feel slightly amused.

NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it doesn't, lol.

Oh sweet summer child. Go PvP somewhere else.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/923741471687991349/930538389562867742/qw84o0.mp4
    Edited by AuraNebula on January 11, 2022 11:48PM
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good people should say how they feel , we certainly do in regards to the pvp issues in this game. This seems a lot less hollow than the hollow statements of improvement, they should be darned sick of us mentioning and complaining about it because WE ARE SICK OF MENTIONING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT IT TOO.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone want to bet that they’re planning on phasing out Cyro PvP?

Edited by The_Lex on January 11, 2022 11:58PM
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭

No it doesn't, lol.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/923741471687991349/930538389562867742/qw84o0.mp4

This video in your link just shows she has no clue what pvp even is.... "if you've done all the pvp there is to do" lolololol... does she think pvp is a raid with limited content??
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    Anyone want to bet that they’re planning on phasing out Cyro PvP?

Apparantly they are going to replace it with battlespire because putting it in a smaller instanced space will fix the lag.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No it doesn't, lol.

This video in your link just shows she has no clue what pvp even is.... "if you've done all the pvp there is to do" lolololol... does she think pvp is a raid with limited content??

Lolol.

And she says, “the PvP.”

Edited by The_Lex on January 11, 2022 11:57PM
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it doesn't, lol.

I'm sure she knows what PvP is, it's just that they literally do not care if you PvP. They are more than happy to let players go to another game. It just shows how much they resent the PvP community.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it doesn't, lol.

I have never liked Terri's thoughts when it comes to this sort of stuff. She has no love or care at all in her heart and there's even more rants by her on PvP. Like this one where she goes on and on about how she doesn't understand why people PvP.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1244230881?t=02h38m33s
    Edited by Vevvev on January 12, 2022 12:00AM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭

No it doesn't, lol.

I'm sure she knows what PvP is, it's just that they literally do not care if you PvP. They are more than happy to let players go to another game. It just shows how much they resent the PvP community.

Sure sounds that way from her commentary doesnt it...
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is no disrespectful as the tea bagging that happens in PvP, I agree get over it or move on elsewhere.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was definitely a bit harsh, but I value the honesty of both Rich and Terri on the stream. I don't always agree with everything that gets said, but I'd rather have the painful truth than a lie or paltitude that's easier to swallow.

PvP is a mess. They know this. They don't want it to be a mess and are trying. It may never be fixed. Yes, it gets tiresome answering the same questions over and over again. I'd like to think that if I were live streaming, I'd occasionally say things people find distasteful but hopefully I wouldn't have people hold it over me forever.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trolled by the devs now. Officially trolled by the devs.

Definitely time to cancel the ESO+ and move on. That is, after all, what the devs tell us to do in their commentary. That is Lamberts stream, and it's fair to assume everyone speaking on that stream is speaking for ZOS.
This discussion has been closed.