The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PvPers how does this make you feel?

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a big PvP'er myself but for ZOS being so unprofessional,I know I wont preorder the next chapter nor buying a ESO+anytime soon.
    Sorry but this is disgusting.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tuxon wrote: »
    Oh well...The same as I felt when I saw that twitch clip from stream where Rich banned a guy for asking a question about respec scrolls, if you know what I mean. That's what we always had, this kind of attitude towards players, It's just that finally more and more people started to notice it.

I've never seen 'Rich' ban anyone for asking a question, that would most likely have been one of his mods. He answers the same questions over and over again with more patience than I'd ever have. Do you have a link to this 'banning'?

He himself doesn't but he does celebrate their banning and calls that content creator an idiot. Then he doubles down, stating that everytime they put those on sale, people complain, and doesn't have the capacity to ask himself why. He still has a bad attitude even if he's not the one pulling the trigger.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad, too sad. You know, new year and new empty promises just to make us buy next expansion.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    At first, angry, but as a historian I would love to see the whole stream to understand the whole context. Its far to easy to use a short clip of anyone to stir emotions. Do you have a link to the whole stream?

https://twitch.tv/videos/1256402903

Thanks! Really appreciated :) just curious, do you know around what time? Thanks again!!!

The comment is at about 38 minutes in, though the discussion about accessibility starts before that.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares? She's apparently some dude's mum, not a developer herself.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To echo what others are saying, I think this probably speaks volumes about what is said behind the scenes regarding pvpers. While it is unofficial and hopefully no one gets in trouble over this oopsie moment. I think it is disrespectful and tacky. Boo 👎
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    If Terri is a functional adult she will take responsibility for and deal with the consequences of her actions, like functional adults do.

She will not be shifting the burden of responsibility to her audience or any other third party.

We have names for the hypothetical behaviour you describe in your comment, but as none of them are flattering and I have seen no indication that they apply to her I will refrain from commenting further and just label the suggestion as misguided.

Responsibility for what, exactly? For making a joke? What hypothetical behaviour are you on about? You are writing here as though she is a high ranking member of parliament accused of partying during a pandemic, she's just a regular person who made an ill advised joke. Some of the things I've seen pop up in their chat is truly disgusting, but she did a 'crying' thing and so should be subject to complete censure? Good lord. There's a phrase I'd like to use about nature and enjoying it by interacting with it, but I wont because it would be misguided.
    PC EU & NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    There needs to be a public apology for Mrs Lambert's remarks. What she did was uncalled for. I expect better from a woman of her age. (I am in my mid 50s, myself). Her husband is a face of ZOS even on his private but very public stream.

Lol...it's just a joke.

I think this is being blown way out of proportion.

The thing is, it was quite clearly a mocking remark at the original question, but she made an assumption that they were being a troll and asking a question with troll intentions, when it wasn't.
    The problem is they are treating legitimate questions and concerns as bait and trolly comments and responding to that with troll responses, aka the "wah wah wah I have no sympathy". In no way would combating trolls by being trolly yourself would end in a good response, but the thing is it wasn't a troll response.
    They are treating genuine questions now as if they are troll bait messages meant to demean them, which is silencing any sort of genuine constructive criticism and writing it off entirely.

Eh, I'll be honest, I was irritated with the question when I watched the video in context.

I enjoyed the preceding conversation about accessibility for people with visual disabilities. ESO has a lot of room to improve its accessibility, as the issues with the Deadlands zone show. The nuances discussed - like the Devs worrying that players who don't need accommodations will abuse certain requests - were really interesting from a design perspective. They were talking about helping specific players with specific problems in specific ways.

Then this: "I have accessibility issues in PVP zones, my abilities have tons of delay lol, can't access my skills"

Uh, that's not talking about a visual disability. It's not talking about real accessibility at all.

If it wasn't a troll comment, then at first glance, it looks to me a whole lot like a tone deaf, focus pulling question that interrupted a discussion on disabilities to talk about its own concerns.

Like, I'm a PVPer. I love Cyrodiil. What's happening in Cyrodiil isn't something that's a visual disability or would be covered by a doctor's note. (Not unless you are talking about the Cyrodiil thunderstorms, which the questioner wasn't.)

I'd like to think that my teaching experience with students asking similarly focus-pulling questions would've let me pull off a more polite "Please don't equate your PVP problems with real visual disabilities. That's not okay. Now, back on topic."

But maybe not. I'm not perfect, and it's entirely possible that I'd have overreacted to an innocent or not-so-innocent comment that hit a nerve for me.
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    (wrong thread, can be deleted)
    Edited by BlossomDead on January 13, 2022 2:30PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »

She's Rich Lambert's wife. He's the Creative Director of ESO, and this is his personal stream. She doesn't work for or represent ZOS.

(Since enough of these videos don't properly attribute who said what and where, it's worth being clear.)
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, I'll be honest, I was irritated with the question when I watched the video in context.

I enjoyed the preceding conversation about accessibility for people with visual disabilities. ESO has a lot of room to improve its accessibility, as the issues with the Deadlands zone show. The nuances discussed - like the Devs worrying that players who don't need accommodations will abuse certain requests - were really interesting from a design perspective. They were talking about helping specific players with specific problems in specific ways.

Then this: "I have accessibility issues in PVP zones, my abilities have tons of delay lol, can't access my skills"

Uh, that's not talking about a visual disability. It's not talking about real accessibility at all.

If it wasn't a troll comment, then at first glance, it looks to me a whole lot like a tone deaf, focus pulling question that interrupted a discussion on disabilities to talk about its own concerns.

Like, I'm a PVPer. I love Cyrodiil. What's happening in Cyrodiil isn't something that's a visual disability or would be covered by a doctor's note. (Not unless you are talking about the Cyrodiil thunderstorms, which the questioner wasn't.)

I'd like to think that my teaching experience with students asking similarly focus-pulling questions would've let me pull off a more polite "Please don't equate your PVP problems with real visual disabilities. That's not okay. Now, back on topic."

But maybe not. I'm not perfect, and it's entirely possible that I'd have overreacted to an innocent or not-so-innocent comment that hit a nerve for me.

That is some really important context I hadn't heard until now
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »

She's Rich Lambert's wife. He's the Creative Director of ESO, and this is his personal stream. She doesn't work for or represent ZOS.

(Since enough of these videos don't properly attribute who said what and where, it's worth being clear.)

I believe it is his mom.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing people's comments to this out of context clip both here and on reddit is just disgusting.

I hope Rich and his wife is taking this well. There has been so many awful things said about and towards her, regarding a question that shouldn't have been asked and was in very bad taste.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the OP's question, I'll tell you how this makes me feel, it makes me feel like (some) PvPers are ruining things for everyone again. Rich streams now primarily to raise money for a dog rescue group which is headed by his wife, Terri. Terri does a 'takeover' and talks more personally about life. She is warm and funny and incredibly welcoming. She does, however, shoot straight from the hip and takes no nonsense, she also has a wicked sense of humor and has us all in hysterics for the duration of her takeovers.

Should she have done the crying thing? Probably not, but then should people be harrassing HER about PvP issues during her segment? Obviously not.

If most of you knew this, you would know the context behind Terri's comments. Instead here are people wading in who've clearly never watched one of their streams, expecting them to be inhuman ZoS representatives even when off the clock and outright lying about things said on Stream and in chat.

So thanks, PvPers for your manufactured outrage over a comment made in jest by someone who has no control over the state of PvP, because Rich may not be able to or want to stream now, so that's a loss of finance for the dog rescue, which personally I think is more important than any aspect of a video game. Cheers for that.

OK.... see the only problem with your essay is that when rich started streaming he said he would be happy to answer any questions. So people thought that it was finally a platform to which we might get some answers that have been missing for years, it's sweet that he allows his wife to be a part of it. For months pvpers were applauding him for being honest and he racked up alot of support, then one day she destroyed it by doing this.

Your statement of pvpers are ruining everything is far from true. Pve is like the favourite child. It gets all the new stuff, all the fixes, all the attention, the quests that noone does? They get fixed! The good sets that people use, all come from pve. Pvp on the other hand has been the child that they don't like even though when the game was first introduced they marketed it as a pvp game, they said it was the main focus, one of the first dlcs was a pvp dlc because it was the focus of the game, it was centred around it. Then they decided to try a pve dlc they saw that all of the fans of the elderscrolls series liked the questing with friends thing so pvp started to take a back seat. In 8 years they have added destructible bridges and mile gates which made things 1000% worse along with volendrung. Which in my opinion they should remove. Then they added lancers..... that's it... no other updates. So your rant about us ruining things is completely wrong. We just want a working pvp zone
    ! It's been neglected for so long that now it's going to take upwards of a year to fix while pve continues to get all the attention.
    Edited by Xandreia_ on January 13, 2022 2:53PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments like these are often intended to "poke the bear". This is the sort of passive aggressive behavior that results in responses like we saw. Baiting, in forum parlance. In this case, it worked rather well. I am sure that a number of people on the stream, and watching the clip, would have reacted similarly. Once it is read out loud, there is an expectation of an answer, and that answer is going to depend on how passionately in agreement, or disagreement, that person is. Ms Lambert, like a lot of people in the stream, knows that ZOS is working on PVP performance, but she also gets to see some the raw hate that gets directed at Rich, and ZOS. Most of the community is spared this.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 13, 2022 2:52PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Hello all,

Because this thread has run its course with some back and forth/insults we have decided to go ahead and close it down. To discuss PVP and the latest update that we have provided, please join the discussion here. Thank you for your understanding and please be sure to keep the Community Rules in mind when posting.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.