Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The teaser trailer for 2022

• proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao

The trailer is fantastic, but all the flags (and there's not just one) of those ships are flying in the wrong directon :D:D
    It's a common mistake to draw them in the wrong direction when you are a kid :#
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on January 10, 2022 3:49PM
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things are looking moist for this year, all my lizard friends will be happy not a single dry scale this chapter to be sure.

But hopefully we get more news before the full big reveal.
    Edited by RedTalon on January 10, 2022 10:50AM
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    I only will say that, the trailer might leaved wrong expectations with ships..

And if those are not fulfilled it would be blackwood 2.

It is no longer enough just a create territory with new quests to please gamers, ofcourse u can rely on funs, but as far as I see one day funs are not enough to keep the game working as a business. Thats why it is important to make innovation to catch new players
    Edited by HyekAr on January 10, 2022 11:15AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HyekAr wrote: »
    I only will say that, the trailer might leaved wrong expectations with ships..

I view that as being up to the players. I expect that the trailer is about the story, not the game. If people are looking at the trailer as game hints, like for systems and other game concepts (PVP, naval battles, playable ships, underwater, etc), then I think they can expect to be disappointed. Personally, I think this year will be light in terms of content. Smaller zones, fewer/smaller new systems.

Now, of course, I could be wrong, but the last time I thought I was wrong, it turned out I was mistaken. :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on January 10, 2022 1:05PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Svanir
    Svanir
    Soul Shriven
    _Zathras_ wrote: »
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    T

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, they're wearing Breton heavy armor.

:39 in the video. That isn't a Breton greatsword.

:48 Those aren't Breton shoulders, or helm.

The armor looks very Breton to me, the sword is the only thing that does look a bit off. You gotta consider though, first, this is a cinematic, so the style of the armor could not completely represent ones in the game, and second, the base game racial styles are so old and outdated that this could be simply a slight redesign.

If you look at the Breton style links, you can clearly see the glaring differences.

It's a teaser vid. It's meant to supply clues.

If you shoehorn yourself into believing something because you want it bad enough, you'll ignore what is in front of your face.

But I guess we'll see in 3 weeks.

I do not want Breton at all, and I can even say that is very Breton styled armor. Everything from the trim, to the scales, the snake-like markings. The shoulders look Nord though, and some of the other pieces are not really Breton.
    YstradClud wrote: »
    Some people are very ardemment he isn't Breton and is Maomer. Guess we have to wait and see. My first impression was he was a Breton though.

I'm going purely by the armor, and the sword. None of which fit into the current Breton style. As in, direct comparisons with screenshots from ESO-Fashion.

So, the sword @ :40 It has a double guard. No Breton greatsword has that.

The armor front @ :47 That is not a Breton belt design.

The boots @ :44-45 That is not what a Breton kneeguard on the boots looks like.

The gauntlets @ :47 Those aren't Breton gauntlets either.

The helm @ :48 Not a Breton helm.

And finally the FURRY shoulders @ :49 Not a Breton shoulder style either. Did I mention the fur? No Breton armor has fur on it.

So, all of it.

Now, my caveat here is I always play Bretons. Love them. But this clearly isn't Breton armor that is being worn.

I know this is a bit late, but this is the reason it is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT Breton armor. You don't have to look at the studded/riveted parts which pretty much only Bretons have, nor the mix of that kind of scale male and plates, or the blocky/ plated manner the armor is forged together, the clearly medieval plated greaves, the helmet with the distinctive crest which only Bretons have (or at least, is a defining feature of their armor). The NUMBER ONE reason this is without a doubt Breton and no other is the emblazoned pattern of the "serpent like" celtic swirls on the back of the armor which is only present on Breton armor and designs.

https://i.imgur.com/hI01938.jpg See that plant/vinelike pattern creeping along the armor? It is obvious right on the back of the Breton in the trailer and it is the dead giveaway that it is Breton-made armor.

https://imgur.com/a/nR0QBuw Everything about this armor not only implies Breton, but SCREAMS Breton. From the section of the chest armor that comes down in a line with a row of rivets/studs on it. To the small bits of scaled armor underneath the plates/scattered around the joints. To the way the armor bucks out at the hips slightly. Likewise to the way the shoulder armor has a clear ridge/crest on the highest points protecting the neck.

But all of this isn't even necessary when you look right at the back of the armor and see the swirling vinelike crest that is identical in style to that of the Breton armor I linked. Then you also can notice that the same pattern is hammered into parts of the front of the armor as well. I just played through the Glenumbra story stuff again and you will notice this swirling design a lot, it's the tell-tale sign of a Breton. Slightly Celtic patterns dotted in everything. So yes, TECHNICALLY it's not Breton armor we have available yet, but it is 100 percent a Breton in that trailer and is either just the trailer production companies rendering of what a Breton would look like (much like how the High Elf lady used in all the ESO trailers doesn't quite look like a real in-game High Elf...) OR it just means it is Breton armor we will get in the new expansion.