Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The teaser trailer for 2022

• Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks amazing!
    And while that city in the cove isn't built out of shipwrecks that whole scene gave me heavy Shipwreck Cove (PotC:AWE) vibes!
    Whatever it is I hope there is a house there bcuz that area is gorgeous!
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can they be so blatant in ripping off the GOT’s music. I’m embarrassed for them and ashamed of being a player now. I hope ESO has a better ending.

Sarcasm yes?
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When we have Breton theme... I wonder if that means that Darien will also reappear....?
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say this does look exciting.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Sorgrim
    Sorgrim
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Hoo boy! Way cool, even if it's not Yokuda.... But that village spilling down the cliffside.... reminds me of areas of the Mediterranean - *salivating*!

I know! My suspicion is that, if this is High Isle, we'll be seeing a new side to Breton culture that's more on the Italian/Spanish end, as opposed to the French/British inspired people we see in the base game. Hype!
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one hopes to see Crafty Lerissa and her crew returning <3
    Edited by SammyKhajit on January 5, 2022 7:24PM
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    _Zathras_ wrote: »
    T

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, they're wearing Breton heavy armor.

:39 in the video. That isn't a Breton greatsword.

:48 Those aren't Breton shoulders (the fur alone gives it away), or helm.

:49 Definitely a male. Look at that back.

I agree on the sword, helm, and shoulders 100%, but they also aren't similar to anything else I can recognize in- game.

The chestplate, shoes and, the belt look extremely like Breton armor.

However, as always they will introduce many new motifs and I expect one of those motifs to be the style of the Bretons that live on this island.

The armor shown in the promo might be the outfit style we're getting for the pre-order, but idk. It looks similar to Ancestral Breton, but there are some differences.

Of course, there are some differences, I didn't mean to say it is Ancestral Breton I just meant to say the fact it looks so similar suggests the character, and hence the population of the island is likely to be Breton.

No I agree! And I wholeheartedly hope it is Bretons. I'm prepping a writeup if it is because holy heck, I wanna see them fleshed out. They got some pretty awesome Enlightenment vibes with ESO, and seeing those expanded upon would be great.
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.

Well perhaps we go into some big Akatosh related time water whirlpool to an island that existed in the past to try to stop the person who destroys it in the future?

But we do not see that bit so it is not so end of the world as before no.

Also just over the hill where you cannot see is a very cool little Khajiit fishing village where we discover how Fishmas began long ago over a shared salmon dinner in times of hardship.

Also the local Breton types treasure yarn as an exotic treasure because there is no room on the island for their own sheep.

Yarn and fish. The simple dreams of this one.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    T

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, they're wearing Breton heavy armor.

:48 Those aren't Breton shoulders, or helm.

The armor looks very Breton to me, the sword is the only thing that does look a bit off. You gotta consider though, first, this is a cinematic, so the style of the armor could not completely represent ones in the game, and second, the base game racial styles are so old and outdated that this could be simply a slight redesign.

If you look at the Breton style links, you can clearly see the glaring differences.

It's a teaser vid. It's meant to supply clues.

If you shoehorn yourself into believing something because you want it bad enough, you'll ignore what is in front of your face.

But I guess we'll see in 3 weeks.

I can assure you I'm not shoehorning myself into any belief, as for one, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if it is actually a Breton themed chapter (I would have much preferred a Redguard one, but hey, there's a lot of Redguard pirates, so maybe we'll get something from that). I am simply calling what I see, no need to go all "wake up sheeple" here, we're all just speculating.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T

The armor looks very Breton to me, the sword is the only thing that does look a bit off. You gotta consider though, first, this is a cinematic, so the style of the armor could not completely represent ones in the game, and second, the base game racial styles are so old and outdated that this could be simply a slight redesign.

If you look at the Breton style links, you can clearly see the glaring differences.

If you shoehorn yourself into believing something because you want it bad enough, you'll ignore what is in front of your face.

I can assure you I'm not shoehorning myself into any belief, as for one, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if it is actually a Breton themed chapter (I would have much preferred a Redguard one, but hey, there's a lot of Redguard pirates, so maybe we'll get something from that). I am simply calling what I see, no need to go all "wake up sheeple" here, we're all just speculating.

As a Breton fan, I was disappointed we got 3.5 zones and barely scraped the surface of what Bretons were. They have a reputation as being bland and boring, when all their interesting stuff is just beneath the surface.

This year will hopefully change that.
    Edited by BlissfulDeluge on January 5, 2022 7:29PM
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it adds boating and little islands all over to explore out in the ocean it would be crazy.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naval PvP.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    T

As a Breton fan, I was disappointed we got 3.5 zones and barely scraped the surface of what Bretons were. They have a reputation as being bland and boring, when all their interesting surface is beneath the surface.

This year will hopefully change that.

I will admit, I'm not very savvy when it comes to Breton lore, but the kinda generic medieval setting of most of High Rock turned me off instantly. I myself find Reachmen much more interesting, even though they are not properly Breton, I guess. What would you say is an interesting piece or theme in Breton lore?
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Hoo boy! Way cool, even if it's not Yokuda.... But that village spilling down the cliffside.... reminds me of areas of the Mediterranean - *salivating*!

Yeah, I'm getting Amalfi Coast flashbacks. Looks like a gorgeous setting. Maybe a heretofore-unknown island somewhere in High Rock?

Ha, that's exactly what I said in the other thread. I even held up a picture of Amalfi, and it's a dead ringer.

Yeah, I'm getting Amalfi Coast flashbacks. Looks like a gorgeous setting. Maybe a heretofore-unknown island somewhere in High Rock?

Ha, that's exactly what I said in the other thread. I even held up a picture of Amalfi, and it's a dead ringer.

Also Sicilian flashbacks, it’s very Italianate for sure. Very pretty.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looked at what is being speculated elsewhere - ESO hub is going with Pyandorea/Maormer - but I think they are reaching. Just do not get a Maomer feel from this trailer.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looked at what is being speculated elsewhere - ESO hub is going with Pyandorea/Maormer - but I think they are reaching. Just do not get a Maomer feel from this trailer.

Its for sure High Isle, the biggest give away they did was the Breton armor which basically confirms the Datamines basically. Its one hundred percent a Breton chapter and expansion.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it could be the islands of Yokuda, to the west of Daggerfall. Supposedly, the continent of Yokuda sank beneath the sea in the first era, but some islands remained.
    Although the mainland was completely lost, several islands remained and were included on one late-Second Era map of West Tamriel. According to residents of Anvil during the late-Third Era, ships still sailed to Yokuda from Anvil,[19] and some texts referred to the continent as if it still exists in some form.[20]

Additionally, there is mention of a magical sword stroke called the Pankratosword wielded by the highest sword masters that was
    a maneuver that could destroy the very laws of nature.[UOL 1]
    This seems evident in the teaser trailer when the knight sweeps the ships off the battle map.

Check out this 2nd era map of the western portion of Tamriel:
    RG-map-West_Tamriel-1024x768.png
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caroloces wrote: »
    I wonder if it could be the islands of Yokuda, to the west of Daggerfall. Supposedly, the continent of Yokuda sank beneath the sea in the first era, but some islands remained.
    Although the mainland was completely lost, several islands remained and were included on one late-Second Era map of West Tamriel. According to residents of Anvil during the late-Third Era, ships still sailed to Yokuda from Anvil,[19] and some texts referred to the continent as if it still exists in some form.[20]

Additionally, there is mention of a magical sword stroke called the Pankratosword wielded by the highest sword masters that was
    a maneuver that could destroy the very laws of nature.[UOL 1]
    This seems evident in the teaser trailer when the knight sweeps the ships off the battle map.

Check out this 2nd era map of the western portion of Tamriel:
    RG-map-West_Tamriel-1024x768.png

It could be some leftover island from Yokuda, but I really doubt it. Again, the feel it gave me is much more Breton than Redguard or Yokudan. Plus, I believe the sword stroke you mention is an actual stroke that is supposed to be executed with a weapon towards a target, not just using one to sweep miniatures off a map.

Edit: Ok, just checked, and the Pankratosword is a technique that requires the user to summon their Shehai (Spirit Sword), and then use that to execute the maneuver, so definitely not what the knight at the end is doing. Regardless, the armor he's wearing is 100% neither Redguard or Yokudan, so there's that too.
    Edited by Mushroomancer on January 5, 2022 8:30PM
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

• amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we are here, I would just like to take the opportunity to BEG to finally get at least one more new character slot with this chapter. It has been years, and I am already dying to create new characters to start here.

Seconded. Else I’ll have to spend the next few months weighing up which of my 18 might be for the chop. Will not be easy, as yes, do play them all.

Just one slot. One. Please? Pretty please?

I still haven't been able to bring myself to delete any of mine (I have 18 each on both NA and EU). Which is why I still haven't played through Blackwood or Greymoor, and why I had previously said I would never preorder again until they add more slots, even though I've preordered everything since Morrowind.

Even though I eventually hit all the zones on older alts, there's nothing quite like that feeling of experiencing a new chapter for the first time with a brand new character. It's not quite like the feeling of playing a game for the first time, but it's as close as you can get.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it is not. We already have an in depth datamine of the upcoming chapter zone, the trial and the two dungeons for Q1.

It will be a Breton chapter based on an island called High Isle.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorgrim wrote: »

I know! My suspicion is that, if this is High Isle, we'll be seeing a new side to Breton culture that's more on the Italian/Spanish end, as opposed to the French/British inspired people we see in the base game. Hype!

Now that would be cool!
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guild ships? Naval warfare pvp map? Exciting!
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Because it is not. We already have an in depth datamine of the upcoming chapter zone, the trial and the two dungeons for Q1.

Does anyone have a link to this datamine? I'm not disputing, just curious.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    so much speculation and hopes.
    - naval warfare
    - guild ships
    - etc.

and in the end it will maybe be a normal addon with a main quest similar to the other main quests we had.

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Does anyone have a link to this datamine? I'm not disputing, just curious.

Hey, I should have added it, sorry.

This datamine is a bit different than the last ones, but what has been said prior to the announcement has been come true already, so I stick with it and say it’s real. I‘m quoting another guy from another topic and there you can find everything:
    All I know is that apparently one of the patrollers and editors for the fandom and who is also an editor and patroller on the UESP, found a text file that listed various areas and locations, and assets. Not in the game yet but listed in some type of text file found within the data. Then did pages on the fandom, revealing the information found in prelease articles.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/High_Isle
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Dread_Sail_Reef
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Coral_Aerie
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Rivenyard
    Now I trust the editor, didn't make a big mistake given his roles he plays and serves for both the Fandom and the UESP. UESP's polices
    I believe prevents this type of information from being added on the UESP and given the context of it we wouldn't do that, I sure wouldn't. But Fandom has no such restriction and this editor released articles on the Fandom.

So basically all of this apparently comes from a text file hidden within the data and given we got a twitter post showing an ocean by Zenimax, I think its safe to assume that the information is accurate. We will have to wait for the reveal though, as anything is possible still.

PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Seraphayel Thanks! It does look plausible, I'll say that much.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy that Twitter is already getting thirsty for Sword-Man. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy that Twitter is already getting thirsty for Sword-Man. :D

Last I heard here it was Sword-Woman?
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very interesting, pretty hype.

Does anyone else notice that at the beginning of the video the swords-person swiped away three ships... kind of odd that he/she knew they were coming. It's a cinematic so I am not reading much into it but be cool if by some magic spell he/she knew how much ships were coming and what they looked like... cause they were exact replicas.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on January 5, 2022 10:25PM
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    Is that the title of the new chapter: "A Storm Rises" ?
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.