Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The teaser trailer for 2022

• Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    Theory time!

The island called 'High Isle' or whatever, is set inside the Maelstrom of Bal, hence why no one has heard of it before. The Bretons on that island are isolated from the rest of Tamriel.
    The Maelstrom of Bal is a naturally occurring phenomenon that exists in the vastness of the Abecean Sea. It is said to "make ships disappear" and may be one of the doorways into the realm of Oblivion.

The doorway into the realms of oblivion makes sense from the point of view of this book en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_First_Gleaner
    Saying Pieron doesn't go to Nirn? He just returned from High Isle with an amazing haul
    Stating High Isle is on nirn, not necessarily Tamriel.

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, he's wearing Breton heavy armor. He strikes the ships off the map just before seeing them be destroyed by the waves and weather, not cannons etc. He is so sure they will not make it through the maelstrom to the island. This is very similar to what seemingly happened to the lost fleet especially how there are 3 ships sailing to this Island, each ship representing each alliance. unknown.png
    Left AD, centre DC, right EP.

Also whilst I have your attention
    unknown.png

Holy [snip], that looks beautiful. And the art style is very Breton/ French/ West (Gold) Coast of Tamriel esque.

I see much of this too, The three ships, the sword wiping the table clean and them the ships appearing to disappear/sink in the ocean but does anyone notice at 0:48, the armor looks like its forming up around female breast, the way it curves above the belt line? Also at 0:52, the waist seems a bit thinner than what a male character would have...

All in all, I'm read for this next chapter and hyped.
    unknown.png
    You're very right it certainly could be, yeah.

I just noticed the same thing.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2022 6:34PM
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    While we are here, I would just like to take the opportunity to BEG to finally get at least one more new character slot with this chapter. It has been years, and I am already dying to create new characters to start here.

Seconded. Else I’ll have to spend the next few months weighing up which of my 18 might be for the chop. Will not be easy, as yes, do play them all.

Just one slot. One. Please? Pretty please?
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can you not hear the GOT’s drums and crescendoing strings.

Ah yes, bass (maybe taiko) drums and scalar strings patterns, truly the hallmark of GOT. How dare they use common orchestral instruments?!
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • sorcmag01
    sorcmag01
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Awesome to see everyone so hyped! 27th is gonna be a fun day!

Hey ZOS_Kevin, looks like you are having so much fun with this, so keep having fun, because that's what it's all about to me.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving the Pirates of the Caribbean vibe. Really hoping it is pirate focused. Very hyped.

PvP ship battles? Please? Or maybe you can sail around with your crew Assassin's Creed style? Sing some sea shanties? Customize a ship? A sailing skill line perhaps?

Edited by NoxiousBlight on January 5, 2022 6:01PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add truly new lore, I hope the city has a nice Bretonic name. Not just Westpoint or something.

And if there are Ayleid ruins there, we riot.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theory time!

The island called 'High Isle' or whatever, is set inside the Maelstrom of Bal, hence why no one has heard of it before. The Bretons on that island are isolated from the rest of Tamriel.
    The Maelstrom of Bal is a naturally occurring phenomenon that exists in the vastness of the Abecean Sea. It is said to "make ships disappear" and may be one of the doorways into the realm of Oblivion.

The doorway into the realms of oblivion makes sense from the point of view of this book en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_First_Gleaner
    Saying Pieron doesn't go to Nirn? He just returned from High Isle with an amazing haul

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, he's wearing Breton heavy armor. He strikes the ships off the map just before seeing them be destroyed by the waves and weather, not cannons etc. He is so sure they will not make it through the maelstrom to the island. This is very similar to what seemingly happened to the lost fleet especially how there are 3 ships sailing to this Island, each ship representing each alliance. unknown.png

unknown.png

Holy [snip], that looks beautiful. And the art style is very Breton/ French/ West (Gold) Coast of Tamriel esque.

I see much of this too, The three ships, the sword wiping the table clean and them the ships appearing to disappear/sink in the ocean but does anyone notice at 0:48, the armor looks like its forming up around female breast, the way it curves above the belt line? Also at 0:52, the waist seems a bit thinner than what a male character would have...

unknown.png

I think they're going to give us a female antagonist this year, other than Abnur Tharn's half sister Euraxia, I can't think of another female antagonist character who has played in a major role. This is going to be cool!

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2022 6:35PM
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also this ON-icon-armor-Girdle-Ancestral_Breton.png looks pretty similar to the villain's belt
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the awful screen grab, but I checked (detective) lucky ghosts stream and he managed to enhance one of the banners. A very dragon/snake like red head?

l2q8pgqqrw981.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=b25bf18fcb01119be2e81503baf03e16ae481438
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Awesome to see everyone so hyped! 27th is gonna be a fun day!

I am very excited! Just wish it was closer to 4:00pm eastern for workers…I’ll watch the stream later though!
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    If they add truly new lore, I hope the city has a nice Bretonic name. Not just Westpoint or something.

And if there are Ayleid ruins there, we riot.

What about Dwemer? They did have airships technically, didn't they?
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could you imagine a trial on a boat, or behind that waterfall in a grotto! I'd love a water themed trial
    Soupy twist
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Sorry for the awful screen grab, but I checked (detective) lucky ghosts stream and he managed to enhance one of the banners. A very dragon/snake like red head?

l2q8pgqqrw981.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=b25bf18fcb01119be2e81503baf03e16ae481438

Dragon head would make sense for the older Akatosh datamine

Too many toons not enough time
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But don’t see the ships destroyed. Just dealing with very bad conditions!

Maybe they get there and that's where the story starts, obviously they have to get there for the player to get there.

The point is the character in the trailer is so sure of their destruction that he swipes them off the map with his sword.

I got more of a frustration vibe - annoyance rather intended destruction.

Maybe, however, the antagonist? moves up the stairs so calmly and menacingly and just watches the destruction of the maelstrom unfold rather than do something out of frustration/ anger.

Just watches it knowing they have won, rather than preparing for a battle.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 5, 2022 6:32PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theory time!

unknown.png

unknown.png

I think they're going to give us a female antagonist this year, other than Abnur Tharn's half sister Euraxia, I can't think of another female antagonist character who has played in a major role. This is going to be cool!

I mean there are plenty female antagonists in main storylines of zones (Auridon with Estre for example). I wouldn’t mind another female villain though.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2022 6:35PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it sounds like the villain's footsteps are exceptionally heavy. Yes, I know it is full plate armor walking on stone, but even with that, there seems to be a major emphasis on the size of the villain.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As early as January 27? Why so late? Usually the chapter announcement was always much earlier. Q1 dungeon dlc should already be in February.

Depend on the years
    Summerset was announced in march (a few week after dragonbone release
    And the 27th is merely a week later than the las 2 years
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, they're wearing Breton heavy armor.

:39 in the video. That isn't a Breton greatsword.

:48 Those aren't Breton shoulders (the fur alone gives it away), or helm.

:49 Definitely a male. Look at that back.

Edited by _Zathras_ on January 5, 2022 6:46PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As early as January 27? Why so late? Usually the chapter announcement was always much earlier. Q1 dungeon dlc should already be in February.

Depend on the years
    Summerset was announced in march (a few week after dragonbone release
    And the 27th is merely a week later than the las 2 years

Still, a bit late for my personal tastes.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe we'll finally get Ancestral Breton Style.
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Zathras_ wrote: »
    T

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, they're wearing Breton heavy armor.

:48 Those aren't Breton shoulders, or helm.

The armor looks very Breton to me, the sword is the only thing that does look a bit off. You gotta consider though, first, this is a cinematic, so the style of the armor could not completely represent ones in the game, and second, the base game racial styles are so old and outdated that this could be simply a slight redesign.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    T

The armor looks very Breton to me, the sword is the only thing that does look a bit off. You gotta consider though, first, this is a cinematic, so the style of the armor could not completely represent ones in the game, and second, the base game racial styles are so old and outdated that this could be simply a slight redesign.

Also, if this is a big bad or an otherwise significant character in the upcoming story, their weapon could be something distinctive that isn't just a copy-paste of something else in the game.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY, it looks like we're getting a scrap of Breton lore!

Rights Charter, please! Give me their Enlightenment vibes!
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But don’t see the ships destroyed. Just dealing with very bad conditions!

Maybe they get there and that's where the story starts, obviously they have to get there for the player to get there.

The point is the character in the trailer is so sure of their destruction that he swipes them off the map with his sword.

I got more of a frustration vibe - annoyance rather intended destruction.

Maybe, however, the antagonist? moves up the stairs so calmly and menacingly and just watches the destruction of the maelstrom unfold rather than do something out of frustration/ anger.

Just watches it knowing they have won, rather than preparing for a battle.

This is really interesting as I have a totally different take!
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T

If you look at the Breton style links, you can clearly see the glaring differences.

It's a teaser vid. It's meant to supply clues.

If you shoehorn yourself into believing something because you want it bad enough, you'll ignore what is in front of your face.

But I guess we'll see in 3 weeks.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T

I agree on the sword, helm, and shoulders 100%, but they also aren't similar to anything else I can recognize in- game.

The chestplate, shoes and, the belt look extremely like Breton armor. The armour has the same scales that exist on the Breton armor.

However, as always, they will introduce many new motifs and I expect one of those motifs to be the style of the Bretons that live on this island.

I am not saying they took the models out of the game for the trailer, I am just saying the chestplate, shoes, and belt look extremely like the Breton style, as does the architecture, and the fact that the lead writer said Jakarn, a Breton is going to be in the prologue and chapter.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 5, 2022 6:56PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • carthalis
    carthalis
    ✭✭✭
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Hoo boy! Way cool, even if it's not Yokuda.... But that village spilling down the cliffside.... reminds me of areas of the Mediterranean - *salivating*!

A cliff house overlooking the sea would be just…. *chef’s kiss*

I agree that would be amazing and so nice
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T

I agree on the sword, helm, and shoulders 100%, but they also aren't similar to anything else I can recognize in- game.

The chestplate, shoes and, the belt look extremely like Breton armor.

However, as always they will introduce many new motifs and I expect one of those motifs to be the style of the Bretons that live on this island.

The armor shown in the promo might be the outfit style we're getting for the pre-order, but idk. It looks similar to Ancestral Breton, but there are some differences.
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T

Agree.

(And it looks nothing like Maormer heavy armour either.)
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T

The chestplate, shoes and, the belt look extremely like Breton armor.

However, as always they will introduce many new motifs and I expect one of those motifs to be the style of the Bretons that live on this island.

The armor shown in the promo might be the outfit style we're getting for the pre-order, but idk. It looks similar to Ancestral Breton, but there are some differences.

Of course, there are some differences, I didn't mean to say it is Ancestral Breton I just meant to say the fact it looks so similar suggests the character, and hence the population of the island is likely to be Breton.