Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The teaser trailer for 2022

• BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naval siege PVP?!!
    Jokes aside, I just imagine a DC proc on one of those ships, during boarding fight :#
    I can proc DC with my ground-targeted cannon fire, right? :naughty:
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theory time!

The island called 'High Isle' or whatever, is set inside the Maelstrom of Bal, hence why no one has heard of it before. The Bretons on that island are isolated from the rest of Tamriel.
    The Maelstrom of Bal is a naturally occurring phenomenon that exists in the vastness of the Abecean Sea. It is said to "make ships disappear" and may be one of the doorways into the realm of Oblivion.

The doorway into the realms of oblivion makes sense from the point of view of this book en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_First_Gleaner
    Saying Pieron doesn't go to Nirn? He just returned from High Isle with an amazing haul
    Stating High Isle is on nirn, not necessarily Tamriel.

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, they're wearing Breton heavy armor. They strike the ships off the map just before seeing them be destroyed by the waves and weather, not cannons etc. They are so sure they will not make it through the maelstrom to the island. This is very similar to what seemingly happened to the lost fleet especially how there are 3 ships sailing to this Island, each ship representing each alliance. unknown.png
    Left AD, centre DC, right EP.

Also whilst I have your attention
    unknown.png

Holy [snip], that looks beautiful. And the art style is very Breton/ French/ West (Gold) Coast of Tamriel esque.
    And the rock looks very similar to the kind of limescale rock found in Summerset, which fits the location of the Maelstrom of Bal.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2022 6:23PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As early as January 27? Why so late? Usually the chapter announcement was always much earlier. Q1 dungeon dlc should already be in February.

No, it was always this late.

Super excited for this! So the leak is true and we're indeed going to
    High Isle, Northwest of High Rock
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 5, 2022 5:34PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HYPE!!!!! :) I love anything to do with ships, oceans, etc!
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can they be so blatant in ripping off the GOT’s music. I’m embarrassed for them and ashamed of being a player now. I hope ESO has a better ending.

Sorry, what? It’s the usual ESO theme with a nautical/piratical twist - piccolo/flute bits. It’s what they do every time - main theme with a twist.

The war room does remind me quite strongly of Dragonstone though.
    7eQ7S3U.png
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • TitusF2
    TitusF2
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if Spellcrafting will finally be released with this new chapter. Looking forward to seeing all of the QoL improvements as well. But please, do not change LA/HA like you planned before with how damage & regen worked.
    This is text.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TitusF2 wrote: »
    Wonder if Spellcrafting will finally be released with this new chapter. Looking forward to seeing all of the QoL improvements as well. But please, do not change LA/HA like you planned before with how damage & regen worked.
    Bretons and Spellcrafting would be such a great combination I'd faint like a silly little fanboy.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Painik
    Painik
    ✭✭✭
    This resembles a Sea Serpent quite a bit... Maormer confirmed?
    7ITBxJS.jpg
    Solar powered.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Painik wrote: »
    7ITBxJS.jpg

That's pretty clearly a reworked version of the Breton Heavy Armor, IMO. They also have curlicues and such on the plating.
    luYhOI0.png
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on January 5, 2022 5:41PM

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we please have aquamancy
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! We're going to Porto Fino!
    Master Angler
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    Theory time!

The island called 'High Isle' or whatever, is set inside the Maelstrom of Bal, hence why no one has heard of it before. The Bretons on that island are isolated from the rest of Tamriel.
    The Maelstrom of Bal is a naturally occurring phenomenon that exists in the vastness of the Abecean Sea. It is said to "make ships disappear" and may be one of the doorways into the realm of Oblivion.

The doorway into the realms of oblivion makes sense from the point of view of this book en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_First_Gleaner
    Saying Pieron doesn't go to Nirn? He just returned from High Isle with an amazing haul

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, he's wearing Breton heavy armor. He strikes the ships off the map just before seeing them be destroyed by the waves and weather, not cannons etc. He is so sure they will not make it through the maelstrom to the island. This is very similar to what seemingly happened to the lost fleet especially how there are 3 ships sailing to this Island, each ship representing each alliance. unknown.png

But don’t see the ships destroyed. Just dealing with very bad conditions!
  • Painik
    Painik
    ✭✭✭
    7ITBxJS.jpg

That's pretty clearly a reworked version of the Breton Heavy Armor, IMO. They also have curlicues and such on the plating.
    luYhOI0.png

Combined with scaly-bits on the back lower part of chestpiece and fur on pauldrons? Doesn't seem too breton to me, unless it would be extremely "ancestory".
    Solar powered.
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7ITBxJS.jpg

luYhOI0.png

Good find! That looks like it
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Combined with scaly-bits on the back lower part of chestpiece and fur on pauldrons? Doesn't seem too breton to me, unless it would be extremely "ancestory".

The original has scaly bits too. And I agree the fur on the pauldrons is new, but I can imagine this being the Ancestral Breton motif they never released (like the others.) Either way, it's far from the Maormer aesthetic and so is the architecture.

• CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theory time!

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, he's wearing Breton heavy armor. He strikes the ships off the map just before seeing them be destroyed by the waves and weather, not cannons etc. He is so sure they will not make it through the maelstrom to the island. This is very similar to what seemingly happened to the lost fleet especially how there are 3 ships sailing to this Island, each ship representing each alliance. unknown.png

They will have to get there and that's where the story starts, obviously, they have to get there for the player to get there.

The point is the character in the trailer is so sure of their destruction that they swipe them off the map with their sword.

IMO they are so sure they will be destroyed by the waters because nothing else has survived it in many many years, why would they think these ships would be any different.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 5, 2022 5:55PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Hoo boy! Way cool, even if it's not Yokuda.... But that village spilling down the cliffside.... reminds me of areas of the Mediterranean - *salivating*!

Yeah, I'm getting Amalfi Coast flashbacks. Looks like a gorgeous setting. Maybe a heretofore-unknown island somewhere in High Rock?

Ha, that's exactly what I said in the other thread. I even held up a picture of Amalfi, and it's a dead ringer.
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad guy's armour looks like Ancestral Breton armour (unreleased), the icon for the helmet looks pretty similar
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theory time!

unknown.png

Holy [snip], that looks beautiful. And the art style is very Breton/ French/ West (Gold) Coast of Tamriel esque.

I see much of this too, The three ships, the sword wiping the table clean and them the ships appearing to disappear/sink in the ocean but does anyone notice at 0:48, the armor looks like its forming up around female breast, the way it curves above the belt line? Also at 0:52, the waist seems a bit thinner than what a male character would have...

All in all, I'm read for this next chapter and hyped.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2022 6:25PM
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they get there and that's where the story starts, obviously they have to get there for the player to get there.

The point is the character in the trailer is so sure of their destruction that he swipes them off the map with his sword.

I got more of a frustration vibe - annoyance rather intended destruction.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the music in the teaser. I can still hear the traditional Elder Scrolls theme to it along with a wonderfully happy twist to it.
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can you not hear the GOT’s drums and crescendoing strings.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theory time!

unknown.png

I see much of this too, The three ships, the sword wiping the table clean and them the ships appearing to disappear/sink in the ocean but does anyone notice at 0:48, the armor looks like its forming up around female breast, the way it curves above the belt line? Also at 0:52, the waist seems a bit thinner than what a male character would have...

All in all, I'm read for this next chapter and hyped.
    unknown.png
    You're very right it certainly could be, yeah.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2022 6:37PM
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PrimusTiberius Not really. If we say it is indeed a breton armor then this "forming breasts" is normal. European armors always had that extension on the torso, because you need it to be able to dent.

Also I throw the city of Rihad in. On most Tamriel maps it looks like a river there, but on the ESO Map with the regions shown its a bay.
    Edited by L_Nici on January 5, 2022 6:38PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we are here, I would just like to take the opportunity to BEG to finally get at least one more new character slot with this chapter. It has been years, and I am already dying to create new characters to start here.
  • udaba
    udaba
    ✭✭✭
    Im so hyped right now .
    I really hope for some ship battle on open sea and sea questing with crew.
    I really wait for a PvP fix too.
    PC/EU 1600 CP+
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping this breaks the cycle for me and peaks my interest in the game again.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Going off the map?
    I hope not. Map has a lot of empty spots left. It would be silly for ZOS to "add new map" before filling in the gaps on the current map. Places like Solstheim, almost the of entire Black Marsh or Eastern parts of Morrowind (Telvanni home land ?) are still left empty and would certainly make for a good story zone / chapters.

I would love for the map to be fixed. #WhereIsWinterhold
  • ebls_BR
    ebls_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a Hammerfell coast with a Breton style armor. Finally, Daggerfall will have an expansion (although Craglorn and Orsinium could count as one).
    Edited by ebls_BR on January 6, 2022 1:34AM