Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The teaser trailer for 2022

• Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashnarug wrote: »
    Is that the title of the new chapter: "A Storm Rises" ?

As far as i know we will see on the 27th
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    I enjoy that Twitter is already getting thirsty for Sword-Man. :D

Last I heard here it was Sword-Woman?

Well, depending on who you want to believe...
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    Theory time!

The island called 'High Isle' or whatever, is set inside the Maelstrom of Bal, hence why no one has heard of it before. The Bretons on that island are isolated from the rest of Tamriel.
    The Maelstrom of Bal is a naturally occurring phenomenon that exists in the vastness of the Abecean Sea. It is said to "make ships disappear" and may be one of the doorways into the realm of Oblivion.

The doorway into the realms of oblivion makes sense from the point of view of this book en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_First_Gleaner
    Saying Pieron doesn't go to Nirn? He just returned from High Isle with an amazing haul
    Stating High Isle is on nirn, not necessarily Tamriel.

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, he's wearing Breton heavy armor. He strikes the ships off the map just before seeing them be destroyed by the waves and weather, not cannons etc. He is so sure they will not make it through the maelstrom to the island. This is very similar to what seemingly happened to the lost fleet especially how there are 3 ships sailing to this Island, each ship representing each alliance. unknown.png
    Left AD, centre DC, right EP.

Also whilst I have your attention
    unknown.png

Holy [snip], that looks beautiful. And the art style is very Breton/ French/ West (Gold) Coast of Tamriel esque.

I see much of this too, The three ships, the sword wiping the table clean and them the ships appearing to disappear/sink in the ocean but does anyone notice at 0:48, the armor looks like its forming up around female breast, the way it curves above the belt line? Also at 0:52, the waist seems a bit thinner than what a male character would have...

All in all, I'm read for this next chapter and hyped.
    unknown.png
    You're very right it certainly could be, yeah.

Yeah, I knew I wasn't crazy. The video cuts away before you see her chest but that waist gave it away.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2022 6:32PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    _Zathras_ wrote: »
    T

In the trailer the character we see is a Breton, they're wearing Breton heavy armor.

:39 in the video. That isn't a Breton greatsword.

:48 Those aren't Breton shoulders (the fur alone gives it away), or helm.

:49 Definitely a male. Look at that back.

That made me second guess too but that shot of her waist and the cut away before we could see her chest tells the story. It's meant to make us think it's a man but it's definitely a woman in that armor.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing the Direnni will be a part because of Bretons' history and also the Maomer (because of the sea theme).
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if the reveal isn't till January 27th...
    Does that mean we don't have a PTS in January for Q1 DLC?
    Are we even getting Q1 DLC??
    Maybe the WFH has changed the update schedule?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They did say in their letter they're prioritizing their team's health while doing their best to keep up with the same release schedule. Might lead to some shifts.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO they would have said if the WFH changed the update schedule in order to temper expectations, the PTS for Q1 may be launching 31st or the first week of February.

Last year they did the reveal on Tuesday, January 26th, and then did Q1 PTS on January 27th. Although this was delayed due to the inauguration.

They may do something similar this year also?
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 5, 2022 10:55PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Catulo
    Catulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    So much water and so many ships in the trailer. My Maormer char is happy.

ZqSYjab.jpeg
    PC/EU
  • TitusF2
    TitusF2
    ✭✭✭
    Catulo wrote: »
    So much water and so many ships in the trailer. My Maormer char is happy.

ZqSYjab.jpeg

So is my Maormer outcast. lol.

STWYDdK.jpg
    This is text.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing has changed in their schedule. The announcement always came end of January, shortly followed by the PTR for the Q1/DLC. I don’t know why some of you act like this hasn’t been the case in the last 5 years. It’s business as usual.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE THE MUSIC!!! <3
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the castle where the (most likely) villain is at, (seen both at the beginning and end of the trailer is different than the city you see in the middle.
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first thought was that the “EP” ship appears to be the Crimson Ship.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    That looks AMAZING!!!! I can't wait. Ow goodie goodie the treats that are waiting for us :)
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely looks like a Breton. If his armour isn't enough of a give away then you only have to look at his build and how lightly he treads.

The music and atmosphere seems very Breton to me as well.
    Edited by YstradClud on January 6, 2022 12:30AM
  • swook33b16_ESO
    swook33b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I didn't think Zenimax would go off tamriel map until we visit all of Tamriel so I thought we be going to Hammerfell and with the news of Jakarn. Well we met him in Redguard areas so thought it confirmed that we are going to Hammerfell but it seems we are going to a completely new area. A New island and seems to be themed around Bretons, probably sea elves too. Maybe there is hope for those who wanted more story for wood elf for the wood elf fans in a chapter in the future since most of the wood elf areas are covered on the tamriel map. Looking forward to explore this new island.

Maybe there is a chance to go to Atmora one day and see the ancient nords.

I hope this new chapter have more cool rogue/thief armor.

Ohh and btw thank you for the Rueful Axe Zenimax.
    Edited by swook33b16_ESO on January 6, 2022 1:01AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone's speculations are wrong! This is clearly the combined forces of AD, DC, and EP about to destroy all those who reside in and went to New World. Only those who denounce their misgivings and return to ESO shall be saved!
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I hope for a cosy house in that village - I would have loved a cosy one in Abah's landing, but all we got was a freaking castle - I would have liked even a shack in the dirty harbor section more than a palace.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Now I hope for a cosy house in that village - I would have loved a cosy one in Abah's landing, but all we got was a freaking castle - I would have liked even a shack in the dirty harbor section more than a palace.

Oh! Do you remember that little shanty in Oblivion down near the docks? You could "acquire" it IIRC after doing the Grey Fox questline....
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    what the new “system” will be.

It would be awesome if it was a "boat" system where we could customize our ships. That'd be a big lift though.

I'd take an expanding fishing system :)

As someone who's been playing STO recently, and is a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity 2... I would love a naval combat system. I don't really expect it, but that would be so cool.
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it has a 2 person mount.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on January 6, 2022 4:16PM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Oh! Do you remember that little shanty in Oblivion down near the docks? You could "acquire" it IIRC after doing the Grey Fox questline....

yes, and that was immersive to have it right where the other thieves had their homes as well. But living in a palace instead of somewhere in a hideout like shack is not that immersive for a thief.
    Edited by Lysette on January 6, 2022 3:31AM
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am simply calling what I see, no need to go all "wake up sheeple" here, we're all just speculating.
    Sorry you took my post that way. It wasn't intended.

I was countering the information that one user keeps promoting, which other people in their excitement are running with.

That user is a contributor to a site which a) Leaked a bit of information from a 4Chan user and b) that information has been taken down. Also, the posts from that user which linked to the site have also been removed.

So, I was encouraging critical thinking, rather than latching on to misinformation.

But, as I noted, we'll see in 3 weeks.

Edited by _Zathras_ on January 6, 2022 12:23PM
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The town does look nice. Buuuuut...... I've been disappointed so, so, so many times that unfortunately my expectations are zero at this point.

Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised for a change. Probably not....
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if there will be any Nedic stuff, due to their place in Breton history?
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    ⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵Ship battles? Woow
    Edited by HyekAr on January 6, 2022 12:49PM
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Such a gorgeous location in CG.

Everything will be shrouded in ESO's perpetual wall of fog in the actual game though :disappointed:

f841350762ecf2cc4331d2c0881fb3b6.png
    Edited by Darkstorne on January 6, 2022 2:59PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, and that was immersive to have it right where the other thieves had their homes as well. But living in a palace instead of somewhere in a hideout like shack is not that immersive for a thief.

Most of the best thieves live in palaces.

Too many toons not enough time
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was still thinking about it. Absolutely gorgeous animation. Beautiful character details. Waves in the water!! OMG naval combat which people have been asking for!!!!!!

We're gonna get some foggy views (as mentioned above), and probably a tavern game equivalent of battleship, where you get to PvP on a little wooden board against other players.... Oh. And there will be a ranked championship where the grand prize is the chance for a lead for the next BiS mythic.