Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

December Daily Rewards

• MakoRuu
    MakoRuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    GOAT4EVAR wrote: »
    Can't understand how entitled people are to complain about free rewards, daily login rewards shouldnt be anything special. Consumables, riding lessons etc are fine. Imo it wouldnt be bad if there were no loginrewards at all.

There weren't any login rewards for a long time. Zos experimented with them a few times in the past, and they took them out. Then they brought them back, and gave people Crown Crates, clothing, pets, et cetera.

It's been an on and off process for years. The fact that an event is this month, and a major world wide holiday, is why people are upset.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well maaaybe they'll add a free bundle to the crown store available for one or two days to whoever logs in on the 24th/25th?

One can hope.

I'm not complaining because free stuff is free stuff. They don't have to give us anything at all. On the other hand giving players a gift costs them nothing. Well, might cost them the few minutes that a dev takes to recolor an already existing item, more if they decide to be generous and the reward is truly something new. But when looking at the precedents.... It's a bit disappointing.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS's clearly not in the same mood as the rest of the world.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    value wise this is literally the lowest value 'big reward' of any month ever
    it's literally 1000 gold.
    other days actually give liquid gold of higher value.

I mean the collectibles, are priceless (as in they literally have no price) so it's up to you whether they have intrinsic value or not, some rewards are liquid gold or AP or something that has a hard value.. crates are a gamble..

but this? it's a hard value, but it is also a super low hard value, and to some people it's completely worthless.

This is a big fat F see your community after class.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GOAT4EVAR wrote: »
    Can't understand how entitled people are to complain about free rewards, daily login rewards shouldnt be anything special. Consumables, riding lessons etc are fine. Imo it wouldnt be bad if there were no loginrewards at all.

The rewards used to be good. Now they might just as well be nothing at all.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]

It's about being in the spirit. 100s of other games will have daily rewards for for the season

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 6, 2021 7:10PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pepperidge farm remembers a guar mount on the 25th one year.

My 18 characters with their fully levelled mounts are feeling left out

How about a fox mount next year
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entitlement in this thread alone should get us all coal on the 24th :D>:)

It's about being in the spirit. 100s of other games will have daily rewards for for the season

Well, given that there is no "Christmas" in Tamriel, and the analog holiday has a whole event built around it, I really can't get too worked up about the festive nature of the daily rewards right now.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    The entitlement in this thread alone should get us all coal on the 24th :D>:)

Well, given that there is no "Christmas" in Tamriel, and the analog holiday has a whole event built around it, I really can't get too worked up about the festive nature of the daily rewards right now.
    Agreed, the recent PumpkinFest was a bit ridiculous, also.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone remember when it was good?

cj8lTEN.jpg

Yes, pepperidge farm remembers.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Most will call them junk, very few will call them treasures.

This one also call this junk, redistribute among my alts.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These rewards are of negative value. Meaning, they are worth less than the bother of the interruption of whatever you were doing to get rid of the notification by claiming the rewards. I would much prefer no "rewards" at all.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about we get 1 good reward per month but you have to have at least logged in for 20 days out of the month.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about we get 1 good reward per month but you have to have at least logged in for 20 days out of the month.
    It would be better than the current system. Currently, if we fail to claim a reward earlier in the month, the last reward for the month becomes unavailable.
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 2, 2021 4:42AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »

cj8lTEN.jpg

Oooo, now I feel all sad. And they were proper crates as well, not those terrible ones you get for twitch or the 'preview' ones.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An argument could be made that they should do away with daily login rewards and let the endeavors system take its place. It's a much better system in terms of encouraging daily play. The down side (and we're alreadying seeing it) is that they can slowly increase the endeavor cost of items that are available effectively giving us less and less in an effort to get us to spend money at crown store instead.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    So this is a month without any collectible in daily rewards and this is also a month without a free ESO+ collectible (sorry, repeated collectible just from the month before doesn't count). Effectively this is the worst month I remember.

“This is the worst month so far!” … the daily rewards have been declining in quality since their introduction. This was the first time that the monthly free eso+ item wasn’t actually monthly.

It would have taken a total of 10 seconds to code the monthly reward to be one of the mounts or pets that have been in the game for years but never actually released. The asset is already created so no extra work would have been needed. As for the eso+ furnishing, the fact that they could repeat the same statue for 2 years shows just how much minimal effort was put into the concept from the beginning. To not have a new one for December is just baffling.

To be technical on the wording from Bethesda regarding the eso+ monthly item:

Edited for formatting.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on December 2, 2021 5:46PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free stuff is always welcome. That said, it would be fun to sometimes (or more regularly) see crown crates, transmute crystals, furniture items, wearables (costumes, adornments, etc). :)

I remember the few months of daily login rewards. They were the best. Crown crates each month. Some months we got 2-3 crown crates. They should go back to that format.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Merry Christmas y'all

Guess we should be grateful that there's no actual coal this month

why? coal would be more useful :)
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Kikazaru wrote: »

cj8lTEN.jpg

Oooo, now I feel all sad. And they were proper crates as well, not those terrible ones you get for twitch or the 'preview' ones.

Every good free feature starts generously and then declines (see: endeavours), and every predatory feature is introduced slowly and gets worse (see: crates->radiants->gem exclusives) etc. Testing the waters then you are already hooked in, it's a model.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worst capstone reward ever, and the competition isn't even close.

True, there have been plenty I found equally useless, namely every costume, hat or pet that I happen to dislike. But some other people were really happy about each of them, so they should be counted as good or at least decent rewards. And in a couple of cases I loved the costume award myself, and still use it. (Priestess/Mara costume, Skald's costume).

But who in the world will be excited about 1K gold worth of the one riding skill that's anyway almost useless????
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on December 3, 2021 2:23AM
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the free stuff is all I have to say. Do I want more? Who does not but complaining about free stuff seems like a low bar.
  • Taraezor
    Taraezor
    ✭✭✭
    The main reason I subscribe is the unlimited crafting bag. It is a massive boon. The second reason is the crowns.

For a long time now I have been disappointed with the daily login rewards.

A mediocre pet a few times a year. Meh!
    I recall 100,000 a couple of years ago. Okay.
    10 riding lessons. What the hell.

You know how little gold is required for 10 riding lessons spread across about ten days?

Publishers strive for engagement. A strong daily reward incentivises for that regular daily login.

I understand why a "bigger" reward is put at half way or towards the end. A big big thanyou for not putting the best reward at the very end. But ten riding lessons?

December is a busy time for me. Many distractions and competing interests. Just that little bit less incentivised to login for December.
  • estelrandir
    estelrandir
    ✭✭✭
    As a brand new player, I'm perfectly happy with this reward. It's not like you have to do anything to get it -- it's just a login gift.
    hopeful.heart on PC-NA/EU

"'Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell,' Holly advised him. 'That was Doc's mistake. He was always lugging home wild things. [...] You can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they'll get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky.'" -- Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's.
  • Taraezor
    Taraezor
    ✭✭✭
    As a brand new player, I'm perfectly happy with this reward. It's not like you have to do anything to get it -- it's just a login gift.

Agreed. A very new player would appreciate the big speed boost on their one character. It would be really noticable. Also, 2,500 gold might be hard to come by too.

For everybody else it is a really tight *rse main login reward for the month. THAT is the problem. Additionally a feeling that as it is December then perhaps a little generosity might have been forthcoming, to mark the holiday season IRL.

For players with established characters the reward will just sit in the bank or get discarded if we are short on space.

I put it to players:

Would we prefer Grand Gold Coast Experience Scrolls as the main reward? If so how many?
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they are going to give us useless stuff we should be turn them into Endevour Tokens.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taraezor wrote: »
    Agreed. A very new player would appreciate the big speed boost on their one character. It would be really noticable. Also, 2,500 gold might be hard to come by too.

What big speed boost? 4 stamina riding lessons don't give you speed. At all. It is also about 2% of the whole riding progression, so it is not noticable at all. 40 riding lessons are noticable, 4 are not.

2500 gold is about 2 days of crafting writs on one level 10 character.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was going to snow in South Georgia this year for Christmas, but now it won't because ZoS has crappy login rewards for December. Thanks for making my son sad ZoS, it's your fault!
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that the month of December sees a lot of people traveling and spending time offline because of the holidays, it makes perfect sense to me that there isn't much to be had from December logins. You are not "missing out" if you skip logging in a few days.
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty happy with that. I'm leveling some alts and that'll be far more useful than most other rewards