Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

December Daily Rewards

• Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Merry Christmas y'all

Guess we should be grateful that there's no actual coal this month
    Campos de oro
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lame…
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like to seem ungrateful when someone was kind enough to get me a present, but you see, I already have a diddly squat.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Merry Christmas y'all

Guess we should be grateful that there's no actual coal this month

I'd have honestly preferred a pet that was just a piece of coal, just reskin the pet rock. At least it would have been funny.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth but..
    all of my characters have their mount training maxed out
    so it's literally nothing this month rofl
    on the Christmas month
    worst monthly login rewards ever.

Then you should be rejoicing that you don't need these kinds of rewards. These are for those less fortunate than you.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Merry Christmas y'all

rrFTfsH.gif

I'm looking at these "rewards" feeling cheated because I didn't get my 1-year enrollment in the jelly of the month club.

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sad.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better than a hairball, but not much better.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    drunkendx wrote: »
    did not have any expectations, but this was even below them...

Remember that one Christmas we got a mount, and even a hat!
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    Day 21 looks like a placeholder for something to be added. It has happened before.

I like your optimism, but can you provide actual evidence that ZOS has swapped out a reward in their monthly rewards for something else before? Maybe there's some historical data on Bowd's website or something. I cannot personally remember a time this has happened.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the equivalent of getting a membership for the jelly of the month club.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 21 looks like a placeholder for something to be added. It has happened before.

I like your optimism, but can you provide actual evidence that ZOS has swapped out a reward in their monthly rewards for something else before? Maybe there's some historical data on Bowd's website or something. I cannot personally remember a time this has happened.

It happened for console one time because a DLC hadn't dropped yet, IIRC
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    This feels like a retailer trying to rid itself of perpetually-unsold inventory. Except it's, uh, a digital good. It's a sad look. :(
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, not a single decent item this month.
    174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, it's more useful than some tacky seasonal hat I'd never ever use.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if I want to laugh or cry. Do you even want old players to stick around zos? You give newbie stuff for daily rewards and sell the same old stuff in the crown store every month! Geez
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cheer up everyone! We have the New Life Festival and Breda's Magnificent Mead to look forward to still!

Collectibles are nice, but honestly, a preview crate with a pet would be the same use to me as those riding lessons. I already have 84 silly pets that I never use.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll actually take 4 mount stamina lessons over another reskined pet or facial tattoo or... pretty much anything we've had this year.

Not saying it's good, but at least it's something I'll actually use.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free stuff is always welcome. That said, it would be fun to sometimes (or more regularly) see crown crates, transmute crystals, furniture items, wearables (costumes, adornments, etc). :)

Agreed! I expect most of the daily rewards to be consumables of more value to new players and that’s perfectly fine but I do miss having a houseguest or pet or preview crate or something else fun on the 21st! I mean, at least I have some newer alts that I can use the mount training on, but it still feels like when you’re a kid and get socks for Christmas! :tongue:
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Arato wrote: »
    I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth but..
    all of my characters have their mount training maxed out
    so it's literally nothing this month rofl
    on the Christmas month
    worst monthly login rewards ever.

Then you should be rejoicing that you don't need these kinds of rewards. These are for those less fortunate than you.

wow I pity the person who has less than 1000 gold on their account.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

It happened for console one time because a DLC hadn't dropped yet, IIRC

They actually just moved a reward up a few days and moved the replaced item to the later day. Effectively "switching" rewards.

They didn't full-on replace a day with a completely unseen new reward.

If we don't see it on the calendar already, we aren't gonna see it later.

"You'll take these lumps of coal... and you'll like it!"
    - ZOS (possibly) :lol:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the free stuff :)
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have spent 100 of dollars on this game to support the longevity of this game because i like it so much. Sometimes its just a good gesture to reward your loyal customers once a while with good login rewards. Its not needed but does make you feel appreciated as a player if nothing else.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I reviewed the december log-in stuff the only picture that came to mind was that of a copper ore node.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All CC appearances:
      • December: 1 Akaviri Potentate Preview Crate
      • October: 1 Sovngarde Preview Crate
      • April: 1 Gloomspore Preview Crate
      • December: 1 Frost Atronach Preview Crate
      • November: 2 New Moon Crates
      • September: 1 New Moon Preview Crate
      • June: 1 Baandari Pedlar Preview Crate
      • November: 2 Scalecaller Crates
      • October: 6 Reaper's Harvest Crates
      • September: 2 Wild Hunt Crates
      • August: 10 Dwarves Crates, 1 Psijic Vault Crate
      • July: 4 Psijic Vault Crates + up to 3 Ouroboros Crates
      • June: 1 Scalecaller Crate, 5 Psijic Vault Crates
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL.

That's a lot of stuff getting DESTROYED immediately on claiming.

Such a fitting way to end this year.

Looks like I wont be worrying about logging on all that much this month.

Which is fine, 'cause I got plenty of other stuff to do, and can happily ignore this game 'till New Life, which I will do only as much as is needed to get that Doomchar Furniture Storage.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dm0Ua7l.jpg
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is a month without any collectible in daily rewards and this is also a month without a free ESO+ collectible (sorry, repeated collectible just from the month before doesn't count). Effectively this is the worst month I remember.
    Edited by Olauron on December 1, 2021 9:49AM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    How do ZOS sleep at night knowing this is what they offer their players?

You mean for FREE rewards for just logging in? I'll bet they sleep just fine.

It's more about the riding lessons mate. Like many others, my mounts are maxed therefore it is completely and utterly useless to me and not even worth logging in for. Also, just because the rewards are free, it does not mean that they cannot be subject to criticism.
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should rename this months "daily rewards" to something more appropriate....

May I suggest daily regrets?