Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

December Daily Rewards

• SSX_Gryphon
    SSX_Gryphon
    ✭✭✭
    I think potentially this is partly the community having expectations, understandable because it looks as though the last few years have been mega.

That said, it's free and it's a bonus and I've made a mental note of who definitely doesn't want slippers as a stocking filler :P

Personally, happy to get anything for free, but can see the confusion given previous years and can understand why expectations would be set.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking about a Scroogy christmas...

Wow...just underwhelmed.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Login rewards have sucked for about a year now, why give out free mounts/pets and crates like they used to when they know full well that all the whales will buy it for more money on top of their sub.

So many people in here saying "well its free"....unsub and see if you still get it.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    Considering that the month of December sees a lot of people traveling and spending time offline because of the holidays, it makes perfect sense to me that there isn't much to be had from December logins. You are not "missing out" if you skip logging in a few days.

Should everyone who does not have the luxury to travel and see family, be at a disadvantage for a December award in game because those travelling are not able to log in daily?
  • EinionYrth
    EinionYrth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wish I didn't have to type DESTROY to get rid of this carp.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think potentially this is partly the community having expectations, understandable because it looks as though the last few years have been mega.

That said, it's free and it's a bonus and I've made a mental note of who definitely doesn't want slippers as a stocking filler :P

Personally, happy to get anything for free, but can see the confusion given previous years and can understand why expectations would be set.

Its the month of giving. Everyone should have expectations. It costs ZOS nothing to give a good reward in the spirit of the season.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone has been complaining about daily rewards since they introduced daily rewards. It is a monthly tradition, at this point.

Personally, I would much rather see people complaining about disappointing or lackluster rewards than complaining about how they missed the special reward for the month.
    EinionYrth wrote: »

Yup. On console, you just have to wait like 3 seconds. You can easily nuke whatever you want.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These rewards are the equivalent of ZOS putting coal in our stockings and encouraging us NOT to log in this month. This is shameful.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    Considering that the month of December sees a lot of people traveling and spending time offline because of the holidays, it makes perfect sense to me that there isn't much to be had from December logins. You are not "missing out" if you skip logging in a few days.

Should everyone who does not have the luxury to travel and see family, be at a disadvantage for a December award in game because those travelling are not able to log in daily?

I personally am not traveling anywhere or have family to spend it with since my folks have long since passed on. Merely saying it makes sense to me that during busy holiday times they wouldn't put something major on the calendar since a lot of people complain they cannot login.

I don't consider myself "disadvantaged" no matter what they offer, as I don't feel entitled to get something for free anyway.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally am not traveling anywhere or have family to spend it with since my folks have long since passed on. Merely saying it makes sense to me that during busy holiday times they wouldn't put something major on the calendar since a lot of people complain they cannot login.

I don't consider myself "disadvantaged" no matter what they offer, as I don't feel entitled to get something for free anyway.

its not about free stuff, its about christmas time and gifts and the holiday. zos looks like scrooge not santa it wuld be better if they looked like santa
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭

Right Click "Mark as Junk" Go into Junk Tab on Inventory screen Hit "X" Destroy all Junk

Do this for all junk items and you never have to type DESTROY again. Works especially well for Jewelry Crafting Writs.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its not about free stuff, its about christmas time and gifts and the holiday. zos looks like scrooge not santa it wuld be better if they looked like santa

Then advocate for a December reward that is not tied to a login calendar, so that everyone is able to receive it. As stated, plenty of people will likely not be logging in everyday. Login rewards are just fluff and not a guaranteed to be something significant just because it is holiday time.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    Anyone remember when it was good?

cj8lTEN.jpg

Yes, pepperidge farm remembers.

You people who were around in 2018 make me jelly! :bawling: Well, I am glad for the pets, houseguests and a few other cool rewards that I did get in the last few years and some of the regular items I did find quite useful as a new player and there are several that I still do use, including tri-stat potions and mimic stones. But I wish ZOS would still give us at least one extra fun reward each month.

And no, I don’t see this thread as “complaining about free stuff” or “entitlement.” It is in ZOS’s interest to make paying customers happy, feel appreciated, want to log in, etc. Login rewards are part of that.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Grinchmas everyone lol

Even folks expecting to travel and be away from the game this month could still manage logging in even just a few days. So putting something sweet to claim at the end of week one instead of week three would totally work.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Hi there,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting and discussing moderator actions, content that is against the Community Rules.
    • Discussing Disciplinary Actions: If you ever have questions or concerns about a disciplinary action or decision we have made on the ESO forums, or wish to appeal a forum warning or infraction you’ve received, we ask that you please contact https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ to do so (please specify that you are contacting about a forum-related inquiry or appeal). We are happy to discuss and review specific moderation-related actions with you, but we do not allow discussion of any moderation actions or decisions on our forums. If you have questions or concerns about an in-game disciplinary action, please contact https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ to ask about a suspension or ban, and any other support-related feedback. We cannot assist with in-game violations on the forums.
    • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Aendruu
    Aendruu
    ✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »

Right Click "Mark as Junk" Go into Junk Tab on Inventory screen Hit "X" Destroy all Junk

Do this for all junk items and you never have to type DESTROY again. Works especially well for Jewelry Crafting Writs.

Alternatively, there's also the Quick Destroy addon if you're on PC.
    "So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
    - Regring the Spinner
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the equivalent of getting a membership for the jelly of the month club.

What is a jelly of the month club?
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    A lot of people, myself included, have their gaming disrupted during the holidays. I'm traveling, seeing family, friends, and basically crazy busy until they are over.

I would not enjoy an awesome December daily login reward that lands three weeks in. Because chances are high I would not get to it.

I think if ZOS wants to give the community a holiday gift it should be e-mailed to all active accounts as an un-expiring redeemable code. But that's just me.

I agree with this. I'm terribly busy during the December holidays, and I know a lot of other people are too.

I think a happy medium would be to simply put the fantastic rewards in the first week of the month of December. That way, it wouldn't take much to get them all. So if someone is busy in the later part of the month, they still would have gotten a good reward. And if someone is not busy and only has ESO, then they can still get them all.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

Different flavored jelly every month delivered to your door. It's apparently delicious and delightful but I've never got it.

Edit

Although I'm pretty sure that's a reference to this scene

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1K8-kNuDgoA
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 7, 2021 12:02AM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Different flavored jelly every month delivered to your door. It's apparently delicious and delightful but I've never got it.

Edit

LOL! :D Thanks for letting me know the reference. I don't get out much so I didn't know about this movie.

I feel bad for the dude who didn't get his bonus check.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit

LOL! :D Thanks for letting me know the reference. I don't get out much so I didn't know about this movie.

No worries the movie came out in 89, so not exactly lighting up the charts anymore lol. You should Google the part right after where he loses it haha.
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just free stuff.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit

No worries the movie came out in 89, so not exactly lighting up the charts anymore lol. You should Google the part right after where he loses it haha.

Dang. He goes right for the eggnogg, and then finishes it up with a stream of expletives so complete, it might as well be considered a form of poetry. :D:D

Thanks for this.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »

this is still 2 steps to destroy garbage
    it's just changing 1 of the steps.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    Anyone remember when it was good?

cj8lTEN.jpg

Yes, pepperidge farm remembers.

Lmao, good old days. Now we got costumes as apex lol
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    So this is a month without any collectible in daily rewards and this is also a month without a free ESO+ collectible (sorry, repeated collectible just from the month before doesn't count). Effectively this is the worst month I remember.

“This is the worst month so far!” … the daily rewards have been declining in quality since their introduction. This was the first time that the monthly free eso+ item wasn’t actually monthly.

It would have taken a total of 10 seconds to code the monthly reward to be one of the mounts or pets that have been in the game for years but never actually released. The asset is already created so no extra work would have been needed. As for the eso+ furnishing, the fact that they could repeat the same statue for 2 years shows just how much minimal effort was put into the concept from the beginning. To not have a new one for December is just baffling.

To be technical on the wording from Bethesda regarding the eso+ monthly item:

Edited for formatting.

Oh boy, I didn't even notice we're not getting a statue this months. But don't we get a painting instead?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on December 7, 2021 12:03PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy, I didn't even notice we're not getting a statue this months. But don't we get a painting instead?

I am not sure why they are not doing a special ESO Plus reward for December (that did not carry over from November). Mysteries.

However, I think we can be sure that they are getting the "enough of the mini statues" message, which is probably why there is no mini statue. :smile:

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I am not sure why they are not doing a special ESO Plus reward for December (that did not carry over from November). Mysteries.

However, I think we can be sure that they are getting the "enough of the mini statues" message, which is probably why there is no mini statue. :smile:

I still wish we got one for Mehrunes Dagon so I could complete my "house of troubles" display
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remeber everybody. We don't own anything. Everything you think you own is not yours. It's all the properties of Zenimax Online and or Bethesda Publishing. So all the money we spend. Belongs to Zenimax. Everything we work for. Belongs to Zenimax.

So actually it is Zenimax that is giving themselves the rewards. Zenimax could give us all the apex mounts for example or heck even all the houses, and we wouldn't own anything. We all gave up our rights to ownership when we bought the game, gave Zenimax our money and to play it.

Dang, me even more sad now from the day I had. :(
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we go back to having crown crates for the 21st day? Like it used to be? Even if its just ONE crate? PLEASE?