Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

December Daily Rewards

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we go back to having crown crates for the 21st day? Like it used to be? Even if its just ONE crate? PLEASE?

The great idea about the crown crate for the gift is that you literally have to open it in game, just like a present and hope for the best. At the minimum, its light years better than 4x stamina riding scrolls.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    Can we go back to having crown crates for the 21st day? Like it used to be? Even if its just ONE crate? PLEASE?

The great idea about the crown crate for the gift is that you literally have to open it in game, just like a present and hope for the best. At the minimum, its light years better than 4x stamina riding scrolls.

Heh... :smile: I just took inventory of all these free Crown Crates that ZOS hands out and it seems that I have 616 unopened Crown Crates across all my accounts, platforms. and geographies.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Remeber everybody. We don't own anything. Everything you think you own is not yours. It's all the properties of Zenimax Online and or Bethesda Publishing. So all the money we spend. Belongs to Zenimax. Everything we work for. Belongs to Zenimax.

So actually it is Zenimax that is giving themselves the rewards. Zenimax could give us all the apex mounts for example or heck even all the houses, and we wouldn't own anything. We all gave up our rights to ownership when we bought the game, gave Zenimax our money and to play it.

Dang, me even more sad now from the day I had. :(

You make it sound worse than this one’s mortgage :'(
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they have good rewards in December, people melt down. These forums are filled with complaints about it being unfair, that Zeni is punishing people who travel for the holidays, or are busy with end of year responsibilities, or prioritize time with family and aren’t able to play every day.

We’ve seen it play out before. So this year they give not great rewards knowing that fewer people than usual will log on daily, and nobody misses out. And still there are complaints, of course.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, what I would like is the option to refuse a daily reward, and have it clock up as if taken and move on to the next one on the next day. That way I could pick out the rewards I want and can use.

I have no characters who need riding lessons, I can refuse them all. All those poisons... I can refuse them all. Crown fortifying meals - I think my NA character subsists on those, but he has over 1000 of them. Research scrolls - my researching days are done.

The daily rewards are great for new players, and new alts that would want for crafting or whatever. It's the glowy shiny prize reward that gets me logging in daily and taking the things, and I don't have to worry about that for this month. Cool. But I have lost four days now, and am missing out on the gold, and tel var stones, and AP and stuff at the end of the month.
    Edited by cyberjanet on December 8, 2021 11:25AM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Oh boy, I didn't even notice we're not getting a statue this months. But don't we get a painting instead?

I am not sure why they are not doing a special ESO Plus reward for December (that did not carry over from November). Mysteries.

However, I think we can be sure that they are getting the "enough of the mini statues" message, which is probably why there is no mini statue. :smile:

Personally I wouldn’t care if it was another statue. … The issue is that eso plus is advertised and promoted with 12 free items included in eso plus, one every month. However this year there are only 11 free items, with the last item being 2 months long. This may be a minor thing, but it was promoted as a feature of the new changes for eso plus back in 2018. Unless I missed an announcement retracting this feature, it is missing this month. It is no different than excluding the 150 bonus crowns one month, and instead only giving the original 1500.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    When they have good rewards in December, people melt down. These forums are filled with complaints about it being unfair, that Zeni is punishing people who travel for the holidays, or are busy with end of year responsibilities, or prioritize time with family and aren’t able to play every day.

We’ve seen it play out before. So this year they give not great rewards knowing that fewer people than usual will log on daily, and nobody misses out. And still there are complaints, of course.

That "If I can't have it, nobody should have it" mentality is why we can't have nice things.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/447661/december-daily-login-rewards/p1

There was barely any such complaints in previous years about not being able to get it.

The complaints were the first couple of months because it was on the last day of the month and there was no wriggle room for having a life. That's no longer the case and that complaint has been nearly non-existent. Maybe 1 or 2 people only.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 9, 2021 7:10PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just hope it's better next year
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    Considering that the month of December sees a lot of people traveling and spending time offline because of the holidays, it makes perfect sense to me that there isn't much to be had from December logins. You are not "missing out" if you skip logging in a few days.

Thing is most games have holiday special daily rewards
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just hope it's better next year

Well, it can only go up. It's basically gotten worse each year.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish there was a way to convert items I don't want or can't use into something else that I can use. Lessons are especially frustrating because I can't deny their value, but I also can't really use them.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!