The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How many people actually cheat?

• Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    [snip] yes , somebody who has played the game longer or honed their skills more efficiently can LA weave and AC/BC and that this is a learned skill available to everyone (even though constant complaints have lead to the severe nerfing to lessen the skill gap)......are there cheaters? certainly I imagine on pc, doubt it is very common on console though......

[edited for rude/insulting comment]

Yes, anyone who has played the game for 3 or 4 weeks knows about these techniques.

The point is, that simple macro buttons on programmable mice make these flawless and let the LA/A hit at the same time, every time, no matter what is going on in the chaotic battle.

Instead of LA, slight pause, ability, you just let the computer do it perfectly

This improves DPS because the LA never is missed in any damage cycle.

This it is the simplest and probably most effective form of cheating, that could only be detected statistically
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    I believe it is still possible somehow. I'm always skeptical about those gameplay videos in youtube, where the player constantly casting skills, dodging all the time, cc breaking, rarely heavy attacking but his magicka/stamina never goes under 50%.. And guess what, in the build video the gear is full on damage and recovery is only 1500 fully buffed lol.

Of course there are ways to get resources from other sources but still they dont make huge difference to the point you can spam stuff carelessly..

You would be amazed what some builds can do. Like for instance my magDK vampire build has no points in recovery, but thanks to Blood for Blood and all the fire I'm throwing around that magicka pool stays up consistently. And I'm careful with my blocks, dodge rolls, and sprinting making it so my stamina pool is rarely exhausted. Add in the recovery buff from the tri-potions, magicka back on killing things with destruction staff abilities and attacks, passives like Battle Roar, and CP recovery CP stars that can be stacked and I'm not illusioned into thinking people are hacking in this day and age.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone using a mod box or programmable controller, ones where two abilities or more can be used with a single button push, should be banned from the game until they can show proof of disability as that is what those items are designed to do, help those who are not able to fully use a controller as designed. Yet players use these tools to gain an advantage in games.

It is my understanding the problem is both don't register in the game as being used, so there is nothing developers can do to stop players from exploiting others in game with a mod box or programmable controller.

Seen them used on PS and hit one button four abilities all at once hit another 3 more abilities, hit another, etc..

It was crazy as the player who showed me this said in the amount of time it takes me to do my rotation he can do 3 rotations with a mod box.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I believe it is still possible somehow. I'm always skeptical about those gameplay videos in youtube, where the player constantly casting skills, dodging all the time, cc breaking, rarely heavy attacking but his magicka/stamina never goes under 50%.. And guess what, in the build video the gear is full on damage and recovery is only 1500 fully buffed lol.

Of course there are ways to get resources from other sources but still they dont make huge difference to the point you can spam stuff carelessly..

You would be amazed what some builds can do. Like for instance my magDK vampire build has no points in recovery, but thanks to Blood for Blood and all the fire I'm throwing around that magicka pool stays up consistently. And I'm careful with my blocks, dodge rolls, and sprinting making it so my stamina pool is rarely exhausted. Add in the recovery buff from the tri-potions, magicka back on killing things with destruction staff abilities and attacks, passives like Battle Roar, and CP recovery CP stars that can be stacked and I'm not illusioned into thinking people are hacking in this day and age.
    I agree some min-maxed builds are ridiculous.
    You would be amazed how many people are discussing actual cheat programs in some forums and privite discords. They are being sold for couple hundred dolars and are being updated in every major update.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭

I agree some min-maxed builds are ridiculous.
    You would be amazed how many people are discussing actual cheat programs in some forums and privite discords. They are being sold for couple hundred dolars and are being updated in every major update.

You can get some pretty cheap ones from russian websites. Most are updated and currently working. Just depends what you want.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only cheats you guys are able to find are macros/scripts that either does light attack weaving automatically, or increase movement speed. If players dont blatantly cheat it is going to be hard to tell if they have perfect muscle memory or a build with high movement speed.

I have not seen a single invincibility cheat since calculations were moved server side. (and i dont think it is possible, an example is CS:GO, a shooter game with hackers using aimbot wallhack etc. But i have never seen a player beeing immortal in that game). Feel free to come with a counter-example, no stories, show a video (a new one obviously).

Almost no players use cheats to move at full speed. And it is hopefully the only useful cheat available.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    The only cheats you guys are able to find are macros/scripts that either does light attack weaving automatically, or increase movement speed. If players dont blatantly cheat it is going to be hard to tell if they have perfect muscle memory or a build with high movement speed.

I have not seen a single invincibility cheat since calculations were moved server side. (and i dont think it is possible, an example is CS:GO, a shooter game with hackers using aimbot wallhack etc. But i have never seen a player beeing immortal in that game). Feel free to come with a counter-example, no stories, show a video (a new one obviously).

Almost no players use cheats to move at full speed. And it is hopefully the only useful cheat available.

I don’t bother recording videos anymore because it does nothing but get you band if you post it for naming\shaming or if you send it in to ZOS they never do anything about it because I will still see the player in the game weeks after.

just the other night I came across (and this is very rare) some one that had parked his char facing a rock and not at the controls, I couldn’t make the life bar move after beating on them for a good 30 seconds. When he came back, I was instantly obliterated with 5+ abilities used with only one attack animation… ok sure.

Using scripts or programable devices is cheating because you are not the one actually taking action but rather relaying on some automated process to play the game for you. The newer devices in FPS shooter for example can actually counter gun recoil perfectly for you to fire the gun like a laser beam so you don’t even need to run an aim bot, but it’s going even further than that now where they are running AI that monitors your game play to actually take actions for you when it detects certain events happing. Cheating is a multibillion-dollar industry worldwide and is only getting bigger and bigger, game developers don’t have the resources to battle it and the more sophisticated the cheating gets the less detectable it becomes. The best cheating now days avoids changing game code that can be much easier to detect and counter and more relies on doing what looks like legit actions for players but much faster and more consistent and with perfect precision. This allows you to be all but in God mode and then is much easier to deny you are cheating because you can say I am not modifying any code. I recall having a debate with some one about cheating in a certain game (I guess we cant list other games here) and they swore there was no cheating at all going on, the company did a press release weeks later saying they banded some 1.6 million accounts world wide for cheating… lol when I showed them what the company published they just said whatever and still were denying cheating was happening even though over a million accounts were band for it … I don’t understand this hard-core denial.

This is an old game with little support and each month this game gets a little smaller, cheaters pay for monthly subscriptions, they buy from the store and ZOS wants the most money each month they can get so they will not get rid of cheaters if they don’t have to. People who deny cheating is happening are either trying to maintain a narrative to cover up their use of these devices or are just simply in denial for some reason. Don’t get me wrong it makes me sad to see what is happening and when I read the reviews of these devices the people are leaving they say things like this really upped my game or helped my performance and even brag how they used to be at the bottom of the leader boards but now are at the top.

I think the only way forward for cheat free gaming will have to be done where everything is 100% hosted by a company and done in such a way where using devices will not give you an advantage over other players like it can in this game or others.
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭

Yet again obvious cheats are obvious... They'd be banned. Zos isn't that bad. The issue is the less obvious stuff.

But you are correct, very rarely does anyone who so blatantly and stupidly cheats not get banned. Mostly because they are being blatant and stupid... Is that your argument? And why do you ignore everything besides invincibility?

So basically you are asking to see proof that the cheaters failed? Brilliant, truly brilliant.

Also as evidenced by some of the mod actions taken they do not approved of posting actual cheats.

Maybe I should just keep reposting the same argument to counter the exact same argument people keep making...
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure about only macros and movement speed hacks are possible? You can hack probably anything you want including your stats. So yeah hacks are real and they dont disappear when you say "hey I dont believe in hacks" Of course you wouldnt make it so obvious to not to get attention and eventually banned.

Here is a thread for you from this year, where the player is using npc abilities and invincibility which got an immediate action from ZOS.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/562807/hacker-on-pts
    And this is just one, what about others..?
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you sure about only macros and movement speed hacks are possible? You can hack probably anything you want including your stats. So yeah hacks are real and they dont disappear when you say "hey I dont believe in hacks" Of course you wouldnt make it so obvious to not to get attention and eventually banned.

Here is a thread for you from this year, where the player is using npc abilities and invincibility which got an immediate action from ZOS.

Almost a year old (almost guaranteed that it is patched and no longer relevant to the discussion since we talking about cheats TODAY), probably a bug on PTS allowing a certain hack to work that got patched, similar to how you could get 90k hp by stacking food buffs ontop of eachother in the blackwood PTS.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People can cheat using 3rd party hardware that have preprogrammed scripts in them. ZOS, Microsoft, Sony, etc.. can't tell they are cheating as it is hardware that makes it look like a player is using a standard controller, mouse or keyboard. These hardware are sold for those with disabilities but players pick them up to gain an advantage in games like ESO.

I know on the PS5 if you want to play any game in PS5 mode you have to use your PS5 controller. Hopefully Sony and MS continue with these type of requirements going forward to reduce the chances for players to cheat. The issue than becomes how does someone with a handicap play a game like ESO and that is where things start to get difficult because the 3rd party hardware is designed around helping those with handicaps but typically end up in the hands of players who want to abuse hardware designed to make things easier for those who need it to make a game like ESO more enjoyable.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Calculations are server-side. I'm yet to see a video that proves that cheats exist today.
    Exploits, tho, surely exists. Players, well, exploit them. Broken sets that do more then they should (undertaker, hrothgar), skills that can cause bugged states etc.

^ this
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calculations are server-side. I'm yet to see a video that proves that cheats exist today.
    Exploits, tho, surely exists. Players, well, exploit them. Broken sets that do more then they should (undertaker, hrothgar), skills that can cause bugged states etc.

Can't recall a time in recent memory I've seen someone actually cheating. I started Googling for these cheats and can't find one that's actually up to date. So much is server authorative in ESO now that even if this so called recovery cheat is real all it does is turn you into a road block. Recovery happens every 2 seconds and I've killed people in less time. A tank uses it and they're not going to get anywhere because they'll only be able to kill the weakling without an actual working build that thinks overland is too hard. Get enough people together and that tank is going down regardless of how much recovery they have to sustain themselves.
    Edited by Vevvev on November 30, 2021 5:11PM
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only cheating I see is macroing. Lots of people macroing block onto any ability that can be cast while blocking. Pretty obvious when you see someone inside a safe keep constantly flashing block on and off while buffing. No reason to randomly keep blocking when there is no one around to even attack you.

Have you ever heard of block cancelling?
    techyeshic wrote: »
    Strange things happen in the early mornings, players that are "normal" during the day become Gods. Small man groups of 4 that often wipe to npcs suddenly demolish a 12 man guild.

Players who die regularly in a group with a healer suddenly don't need one and always heal when one dot tick away from death.

Must have something to do with the moons.

This might be a result of button presses actually working. You would have to be pretty hard pressed to die to gaurds though in a 4 man

I second that. I happen to have a video where I die really stupid to bad players in primetime because all of my skills are just greyed out - it is lagging that much, npcs are tubber banding around, stuff like that. Then I have a video from the same resource involving the same people from daytime. I kill them with no problem whatsoever.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milllaurie wrote: »
    Only cheating I see is macroing. Lots of people macroing block onto any ability that can be cast while blocking. Pretty obvious when you see someone inside a safe keep constantly flashing block on and off while buffing. No reason to randomly keep blocking when there is no one around to even attack you.

Have you ever heard of block cancelling?
    Strange things happen in the early mornings, players that are "normal" during the day become Gods. Small man groups of 4 that often wipe to npcs suddenly demolish a 12 man guild.

Players who die regularly in a group with a healer suddenly don't need one and always heal when one dot tick away from death.

This might be a result of button presses actually working. You would have to be pretty hard pressed to die to gaurds though in a 4 man

I second that. I happen to have a video where I die really stupid to bad players in primetime because all of my skills are just greyed out - it is lagging that much, npcs are tubber banding around, stuff like that. Then I have a video from the same resource involving the same people from daytime. I kill them with no problem whatsoever.

Yeah; its not really amazing that when there is lag and issues with pressing buttons at the right time; numbers then always win.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    The mostly used cheat/exploit right now is macroing… Everyday you can see people in BGs that do win with brutal gap to other people (no, you cańt have 11 absolute noobs and one superman in 5-6 matches in row). What youcan do (and sometimes I do it too) is to log the combat and make a video capture… Then you can do some research and you will find that macroing is the main issue right now.
    According to “testing and research” I have done with my few friend we have found some answers that address DKs issues with skill casting / skills not working, but nothing was done with it so we stopped these activities (too much time for no effort is not worth it)…

People are doing perfect and precise combination 3-5 times in a row with timing exactly done ( means zero difference in skill cast timing). It is like one button press = LA+skill+blocks+3x bash in 1 second and you only see dude running/moving around you.
    All he have to do is choose a target manualy ( also scriptable as auto marking ). Sometimes you can not even see the skill animation and can only see and check in logs.

Macro this with for example on a nightblade using cloak attack combo and fear and you only have to learn the combination of two / three macro buttons for attack, heal and gank combo ( yeah I have tested this only on PTS and I have sent a several reports).
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭

Bro, there are people like me in the other side of the world and off peak hours really do help when the delay is barely noticeable.

It’s not just for pvp, on very lag heavy days even the base game world bosses can kill people with a dumb lag spike.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't recall a time in recent memory I've seen someone actually cheating. I started Googling for these cheats and can't find one that's actually up to date. So much is server authorative in ESO now that even if this so called recovery cheat is real all it does is turn you into a road block. Recovery happens every 2 seconds and I've killed people in less time. A tank uses it and they're not going to get anywhere because they'll only be able to kill the weakling without an actual working build that thinks overland is too hard. Get enough people together and that tank is going down regardless of how much recovery they have to sustain themselves.

Really? I just googled ESO cheats updated and got a few hits. And Im obviously just looking at english lang sites. The one that's been mentionned here was apparently updated all of 3 days ago - "v3.0 version is out. -Remade the whole menu in cpp -100x more Stable,Easier to use,Faster." I'm sure noone's using it though.

Personally, I think people are getting overstressed about this. It's not ESO, it's online games in general. People are going to cheat. It's just the way it is. There was a piece in the guardian about this earlier in the year. Worth a read if people interested. https://www.theguardian.com/games/2021/feb/24/medal-of-dishonour-cheating-video-games

What puzzles me is that the lengths people will go to deny it happens. I don't know if this is a forum thing or a general thing. The only thing I can figure is that people feel it invalidates their achievements or something. I mean, it's fun to say "pics (or timestamped video from yesterday please) or it didn't happen" but, at the end of the day, what's more likely? ESO is, uniquely amongst online games, cheat proof. Or yeah, some people do....

edit - Is this maybe a pc v console thing? I have to admit, I'm guilty of forgetting that a lot of people here are on consoles. From what I understand - and I'm not a techy - it's much more difficult to manipulate stuff on consoles. It might make sense for peopel to say what platform their on.

Edited by Larcomar on December 1, 2021 11:14AM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost a year old (almost guaranteed that it is patched and no longer relevant to the discussion since we talking about cheats TODAY), probably a bug on PTS allowing a certain hack to work that got patched, similar to how you could get 90k hp by stacking food buffs ontop of eachother in the blackwood PTS.

Almost a year old but still from 2021. Not from 2016 when the calculatings were still on clientside rather than serverside. So it eleminates your point "calculations are done serverside!" Yes they are, but there are workarounds, and are being updated every couple months as zos is battling and patching them.

And this is just one of them in official forums. Google some keywords and surely you will find many, not only in english but also in different languages too. Gladly the guy showcased that particual hack and it got patched right away. Maybe he was angry with pricing or something, or being the whiteknight for the community, who knows...

Whatever, It does prove that 3rd party software usage is still valid thing no matter how much you guys deny. It's not a conspiracy theory or anything and i dont know why some people are still so steadfast to deny them. Marcoring is something but using a software to actually hack the game is in another level!
    Edited by Soris on December 1, 2021 12:03PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using sets that aren’t working as intended but are left active in the game by the game’s creator/administrator without any requests for players to stop using that set is not “cheating” or exploiting even.

There’s probably some actual cheating in the game, but I’m fairly sure there’s only a couple people in this thread that have really encountered cheaters.

A lot of these complaints arguing that cheats are soo readily available and rampant and this is why pvp is unfair (strongly implying some of your most humiliating losses were illegitimate) just smells like copium to me.

Good mechanical gameplay IS sustain. The difference between you spamming abilities and gassing out and me spamming abilities and having more than half my resources left is I’m spamming the right abilities at the right time at the right place.

PvP is not PvE parsing. With variable lag, I doubt a macro for light attack weaving has any real impact in pvp. There’s plenty of times I do a horrible job with my weave in PvP and score very high KDR in BGs for example or win a duel against a good player. I actively change the timing of my weave as well depending on lag (prime time vs off time, team bg lag vs solo bg lag, grey host lag vs black reach lag, all different timings). Even if I lived 5 minutes from the ESO servers and had perfect ping, it really just wouldn’t be th at beneficial to force a light weave. I mean what about medium weaves? I often spontaneously hold my light attack weave into a medium attack weave when I predict a dodge roll for instance, an extremely important technique that a macro will only overly complicate. But you probably haven’t even realized that medium weave is literally the mechanical counter play to dodge rolling, and the same lack of knowledge is probably the reason you’re getting frustrated at the imagined use of pvp macros that in reality would simply make you less effective.

Block cancelling macros also would actually be extremely detrimental in pvp. They probably don’t exist for the sole reason that it’d actually gimp you. The way blocking and stam regen work in this game, unnecessary block cancelling will cut down your stamina sustain significantly even if you don’t actually block anything. You also don’t want to block everything either even while under pressure. I’m hard pressed to imagine anyone using a macro to do something that is very easy to do without a macro and is generally not a good idea to do anyway. In active combat you only
    block cancel when you need to and the need will change on a moment to moment basis.

You can have good sustain, tankiness, and damage by playing well on an optimized build. Good positioning and decision making is what makes most good pvpers seem unnaturally tanky and sustainy without needing to invest too much of the load out into either. Your build needs its stats to make up for a lack of good decision making, my build takes advantage of good decision making to cut corners and min max my stats. I’m obviously going to outperform you in a simple numbers game because my sustain comes from my gameplay while your gameplay drains extra sustain.

• madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just the other day in IC sewers, someone had a way to see me while I was sneaking around. They setup a squat not to far from my base. The person was started bragging that they could see me as I was sneaking so I popped an invisibility pot and moved to another area and sure enough they attacked me then bragged. Glad they let me have comfirmation about their cheat.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madman65 wrote: »
    Just the other day in IC sewers, someone had a way to see me while I was sneaking around. They setup a squat not to far from my base. The person was started bragging that they could see me as I was sneaking so I popped an invisibility pot and moved to another area and sure enough they attacked me then bragged. Glad they let me have comfirmation about their cheat.

Detect invisibility potions. All meta PvPers use em in IC.

And yes, they feel like cheat. Because it's really dumb decision to nuke important game mechanic that targets one class specifically with pricy crafted pot. No pots to remove shields, no pots to disable streak, no pots to slow down channeling attacks, no pots to half the damage of AoEs, no pots to cleanup all dots. But a pot to disable invis specifically.
    Edited by divnyi on December 5, 2021 8:42PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madman65 wrote: »

And yes, they feel like cheat. Because it's really dumb decision to nuke important game mechanic that targets one class specifically with pricy crafted pot. No pots to remove shields, no pots to disable streak, no pots to slow down channeling attacks, no pots to half the damage of AoEs, no pots to cleanup all dots. But a pot to disable invis specifically.

They sure do. I remember trying to get away with the vampire sprint and my opponent tracked me down like the terminator... Getting hit by someone with a detection potion won't reveal you if it's not an attack that would reveal you from stealth but you'll feel the full force of the blow.

There are a lot of counter stealth mechanics in ESO these days. Another mechanic that helps is the Skilled Tracker ability where when it's slotted vampire and Werewolf players will be outlined on your screen within a certain range. Also tab targeting a player will have them glow to and the glow persists behind objects if they kite. Blood Scion is another ability but even more crazy as you can see all targets through walls at once. But all these methods of target glow have the glow go away when they go invisible so the detection potion is the real nasty one.
    Edited by Vevvev on December 6, 2021 12:02AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not everyone does it, but it is possible to increase the length of potions with glyphs. You can get stealth detection a little longer than 30 secs this way. I have heard of players using addons to swap to a potion set, then swap back into their normal gear set. As long as they are not "stuck in combat," then you can do this. But if you are in combat, you wouldn't be able to swap back of course.

ESO has, over the years, made sets only work while in combat. Like Clever Alchemist, etc. Mainly to keep players from boosting their stats before combat starts and swapping to another set to even further boost their dmg or mitigation. There was a short time as well that everyone left "combat" after not attacking for 6 seconds. But that was reverted or bugged again soon after with a new patch and we remain "stuck in combat" forever now. My guess is that it was reverted on purpose to prevent players from using addons to swap gear.

It's unfortunate that players use unintended mechanics to boost their ability. Some would say swapping gear sets is not cheating. Since the game allows you to swap, it is perfectly fine to get a 30+ sec stealth detection and swap to a new gear set immediately after.

I would personally like to see ESO only allow players to swap gear at their home base and once you enter pvp areas, you cannot swap. Probably a very unpopular opinion, I know.
  • Exeter411
    Exeter411
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing I've seen recently that has me wondering was a guy that killed me while I was on siege on the roof of an inner keep. On the death screen I was in a position to see the inner door, and it was still up. Maybe ten seconds went by before the door went down and the rest of the attackers came pouring in. I thought it might be a really bad desync, but then about half an hour later, at another keep, I got burst down from behind by the same guy inside another keep. I watched him run across to the side door of the inner, disappear, then come back out and rejoin his group sieging the inner door. Odd thing was, when he came back out, he was crouched down like he was sneaking, but I could still see him.

I've kept an eye out for him, but I've never seen him again.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/593096/recent-game-account-bans-and-suspensions-for-game-client-manipulation

Ok.... I have been convinced otherwise. Hopefully ZOS plugs up whatever it is these people did to allow them to do what they did.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »
    EmperorIl wrote: »
    I have busted people doing it and have used my 5 minute record, posted it on youtube (privately) and sent the link in with my ticket. Guess how many views it got? ZERO.

So while it is easy to bust and record and report....doesn't do much good if they don't even look at the video.
    I have played the game since launch and I honestly have never personally seen a cheater. I've watched youtube videos of people flying around but no doubt in my mind those people got banned quick. Obviously with the scarcity of cheaters, one could conclude that there must be a pretty big deterrent to cheating. And I don't consider exploits necessarily cheating, even though I don't condone those. I'm mainly referring to outside software being used to gain unfair advantages, which I have not seen personally in my years of playing.

Do some searches and you will find forums where people are talking about using them...it's real.

Exactly right, the dude that creates the speeder hack has now also ruined New World PVP like he ruined ESO. Question if someone can move a max speed without using any speed enhancing gear, enchant, race and also do it without having to sprint (meaning no stam lost) is that OK or cheating?

If someone uses a hack to remove the delay in between attacks and/or cancel animation so they can do more attacks per second than anyone else, is that cheating, I know in ESO this is accepted as light attack animation canceling but when it is automated with a macro is it cheating (BTW in New World these dudes are doing like 2-3 light attacks for every 1 attack, wonder who will win that duel)?

As someone said above people using macros to either block/cast using one button click, and/or doing a perfect LA AC while pushing each skill is RAMPANT and simple to do, don't even need to buy cheat engine. I tested on a simple programmable controller and was able to do it, although with my LAG, it is totally inconsistent, but these dudes with high end systems and super connection and best programmable keypad/mice this is trivial to do.

But this isn't cheating and no one ever saw anyone do any of this stuff, either the people saying that don't play often, don't know what to look for or are the ones doing the cheating so are trying to derail the topic.

These dudes cheat so much they actually have a secondary term for it called exploiting. Notice how they say 'well that isn't exactly cheating but I'd call it exploiting' as if it isn't the exact same result. I don't play eso any more or watch any vids for about 2 months because I'm over it, BTW I wasted about 6 months watching streamers every day. And I can tell you they all cheat like crazy, whether it be using totally broken sets, for instance, no one ever used undertaker then it had a bug and all of a sudden all these 'good' players were running it.

Also if you watch several different streamers you will notice other little tricks, saw a guy in IC and he was trying to 1vX about 10 dudes, he started to get overwhelmed then ran into a cage, guess what he too NO DAMAGE but could hit them from inside, WHAT. Also say another dude in Cyro by a bridge, had 5 guys about to kill him, then ducked into a little corner, where he healed up without anyone able to hit him at all. There are glitch areas all over the place like this and these dudes know exactly where they are, is that 'good' player or exploit/cheat.

I've seen several people who run top speed (lose no stam cause not in sprint), have 8K weapon damage, 35K health, using ALL damage sets, 3-4 procs, can take almost no damage but even when they do, go from 5K to 35K in 1-2 seconds. But at the same time when they try to 'solo' BGs/IC/Cyro they get completely stomped over and over but with a pocket healer in group BG/IC/Cyro they kill almost everyone.

All this cheating creates a vicious cycle
    1. first people find a cheat, but say it doesn't exist (I'm just so good I can run at max speed at all times or do LA or block and skill each second)(BTW of course I do a perfectly timed block in the middle of nowhere or surround by teammates every time I cast a buff, or LA AC/skill, it's muscle memory dude don't you get it)
    2. when they can't lie any more they downplay it, no it's just an exploit (ESO would fix it if it were that bad, to be fair sometimes they do fix/remove bug/exploits)
    3. then it becomes rampant, Yeah it's bad, yeah it's a probably a cheat but if I want to be competitive I have to do it too
    4. eventually so many people use it, it becomes part of the game

These games are supposed to be fun but toxic folks aren't in it for fun. I actually find it fun to point out FakeNews like many people spread on forums otherwise I wouldn't waste my time. I know most people don't care or will flame me. But my advice is if any game isn't fun find something else to do, and don't take this stuff too seriously.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/593096/recent-game-account-bans-and-suspensions-for-game-client-manipulation#latest

I'll just leave this quote from article, """We recently identified and either banned or suspended several hundred ESO accounts for Terms of Service violations related to cheating. Specifically, manipulating the game client in unintended ways."""
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have busted people doing it and have used my 5 minute record, posted it on youtube (privately) and sent the link in with my ticket. Guess how many views it got? ZERO.

So while it is easy to bust and record and report....doesn't do much good if they don't even look at the video.
    I have played the game since launch and I honestly have never personally seen a cheater. I've watched youtube videos of people flying around but no doubt in my mind those people got banned quick. Obviously with the scarcity of cheaters, one could conclude that there must be a pretty big deterrent to cheating. And I don't consider exploits necessarily cheating, even though I don't condone those. I'm mainly referring to outside software being used to gain unfair advantages, which I have not seen personally in my years of playing.

Do some searches and you will find forums where people are talking about using them...it's real.

Exactly right, the dude that creates the speeder hack has now also ruined New World PVP like he ruined ESO. Question if someone can move a max speed without using any speed enhancing gear, enchant, race and also do it without having to sprint (meaning no stam lost) is that OK or cheating?

If someone uses a hack to remove the delay in between attacks and/or cancel animation so they can do more attacks per second than anyone else, is that cheating, I know in ESO this is accepted as light attack animation canceling but when it is automated with a macro is it cheating (BTW in New World these dudes are doing like 2-3 light attacks for every 1 attack, wonder who will win that duel)?

As someone said above people using macros to either block/cast using one button click, and/or doing a perfect LA AC while pushing each skill is RAMPANT and simple to do, don't even need to buy cheat engine. I tested on a simple programmable controller and was able to do it, although with my LAG, it is totally inconsistent, but these dudes with high end systems and super connection and best programmable keypad/mice this is trivial to do.

But this isn't cheating and no one ever saw anyone do any of this stuff, either the people saying that don't play often, don't know what to look for or are the ones doing the cheating so are trying to derail the topic.

These dudes cheat so much they actually have a secondary term for it called exploiting. Notice how they say 'well that isn't exactly cheating but I'd call it exploiting' as if it isn't the exact same result. I don't play eso any more or watch any vids for about 2 months because I'm over it, BTW I wasted about 6 months watching streamers every day. And I can tell you they all cheat like crazy, whether it be using totally broken sets, for instance, no one ever used undertaker then it had a bug and all of a sudden all these 'good' players were running it.

Also if you watch several different streamers you will notice other little tricks, saw a guy in IC and he was trying to 1vX about 10 dudes, he started to get overwhelmed then ran into a cage, guess what he too NO DAMAGE but could hit them from inside, WHAT. Also say another dude in Cyro by a bridge, had 5 guys about to kill him, then ducked into a little corner, where he healed up without anyone able to hit him at all. There are glitch areas all over the place like this and these dudes know exactly where they are, is that 'good' player or exploit/cheat.

I've seen several people who run top speed (lose no stam cause not in sprint), have 8K weapon damage, 35K health, using ALL damage sets, 3-4 procs, can take almost no damage but even when they do, go from 5K to 35K in 1-2 seconds. But at the same time when they try to 'solo' BGs/IC/Cyro they get completely stomped over and over but with a pocket healer in group BG/IC/Cyro they kill almost everyone.

1. first people find a cheat, but say it doesn't exist (I'm just so good I can run at max speed at all times or do LA or block and skill each second)(BTW of course I do a perfectly timed block in the middle of nowhere or surround by teammates every time I cast a buff, or LA AC/skill, it's muscle memory dude don't you get it)
    2. when they can't lie any more they downplay it, no it's just an exploit (ESO would fix it if it were that bad, to be fair sometimes they do fix/remove bug/exploits)
    3. then it becomes rampant, Yeah it's bad, yeah it's a probably a cheat but if I want to be competitive I have to do it too

These games are supposed to be fun but toxic folks aren't in it for fun. I actually find it fun to point out FakeNews like many people spread on forums otherwise I wouldn't waste my time. I know most people don't care or will flame me. But my advice is if any game isn't fun find something else to do, and don't take this stuff too seriously.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/593096/recent-game-account-bans-and-suspensions-for-game-client-manipulation#latest

I'll just leave this quote from article, """We recently identified and either banned or suspended several hundred ESO accounts for Terms of Service violations related to cheating. Specifically, manipulating the game client in unintended ways."""

I generally don't buy cheating as much as its reported; but I do submit videos of questionable stuff and leave it up to ZOS to figure out what it is. Sometimes; I am not convinced myself but they can see things I can't
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I generally don't buy cheating as much as its reported; but I do submit videos of questionable stuff and leave it up to ZOS to figure out what it is. Sometimes; I am not convinced myself but they can see things I can't

Yeah, I actually wish it wasn't true too but unfortunately the cheating has been widespread for a long time. As has been described in this thread many, many kinds of cheating are very hard to prove, especially when it is happening to you in a fast paced PVP encounter. But I was examining vids and streamers and that is why I was confident about it, cuz having 7000-8K w/sdmg while at the same time moving at max speed all the time should not be possible yet it was happening all over the place. Hopefully ZOS takes a very close look at all the accounts who were adamantly denying that cheating is even real.
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I actually wish it wasn't true too but unfortunately the cheating has been widespread for a long time. As has been described in this thread many, many kinds of cheating are very hard to prove, especially when it is happening to you in a fast paced PVP encounter. But I was examining vids and streamers and that is why I was confident about it, cuz having 7000-8K w/sdmg while at the same time moving at max speed all the time should not be possible yet it was happening all over the place. Hopefully ZOS takes a very close look at all the accounts who were adamantly denying that cheating is even real.

But it is very possible and quite easy actually.
    You can also have great sustain with that, not even kidding.
    This is why people think there are much more cheaters that there actually are - they are not familiar how to make good pvp builds.
    5+5+2 is an outdated model, you can get much more stats now.
This discussion has been closed.