The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hacker on PTS?

Tsukiino
Tsukiino
✭✭✭
Saw someone on PTS just now using what looks to be a hacked client.

They were right next to the spawn point where you create a fresh template.

The person's health bar was not like a regular player's health bar, it was like a guard's health bar, beige-colored and fully solid (with no number values)
The person was also using NPC abilities, to damage stuff, and was able to use other abilities that you could only find from certain bosses/monsters/adds.
People were dueling him/her, and the hacker would just use a random ability and one shot the person.

I have videos of this person doing a variety of things, but obviously won't post because of name/shame.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Please shoot me a PM with the videos you have. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XuxzxL3.gif
  • Tsukiino
    Tsukiino
    ✭✭✭
    I sent the videos. :)

Cheers!
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hacking aside you are telling me, there is techincally a way for players to use npc abilities.

Meaning theres no technical limitation to give us skills from npcs? mhmhmhm
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meaning theres no technical limitation to give us skills from npcs? mhmhmhm

There was thread about cheater/hacker from August 2020 - he was levitating high above the wayshrine and using veteran trial boss ability to nuke players in Elden Root :/To put it mildly, it's very disappointing and sad to see that such things were and are still possible in multiplayer game :|
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have previously sent a link to the Devs where the cheating software is sold. It's still active, it still works and is still being sold. I sent it to them over 6 months a go. The amount of visits to the site is staggering.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have previously sent a link to the Devs where the cheating software is sold. It's still active, it still works and is still being sold. I sent it to them over 6 months a go. The amount of visits to the site is staggering.

Unfortunately every 'construct' is vulnerable and where there is a vulnerability there is lucrative opportunity.

However from a publisher's point of view the most irksome part of someone selling software like this is not the fact that the software exists and is being used in detriment of legitimate users, is that a third party company is making money from their IP without paying any dues.

One could say that is the degree of financial itch what drives the response therefore unless users of the aforementioned software do something egregious and widespread causing mass customer unrest or they siphon too many potentially 'taxable' resources the reaction tends to be pretty limp.
  • ijames1964
    ijames1964
    ✭✭
    Just goes to show a game of this size should be running some sort of anti-cheat software. Why keep paying to play a game when player's can be running around with software on their computer that can make them unbeatable.

Just goes to show that all titles in this game are now totally worthless.
    Example being the "Spirit Slayer" title from the new Vateshran Hollows within 45 minutes without using a single Sigil and without dying achievement. Did you really do it..... Use a hack to get it.. Do I even believe you?

Know there are some great players out there that have worked so hard to get these titles. And yet...

ESO are leaving these players down by allowing dis-honest players to get these titles.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just checked online. Yeah, there are YouTube videos as recent as June 2020 showing all sorts of cheats, even killing the VMA final boss from beneath the ground where you can't be targeted. And over and over, some players say there is no proof. There is.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have to cheat to win in a video game, you already lost. The lack of fortitude is really sad. I do agree that cheating is widespread, but not just this game. This is why i've always advocated the removing of weaving so regular players can at least access the content.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »

If you have to cheat to win in a video game, you already lost. The lack of fortitude is really sad. I do agree that cheating is widespread, but not just this game. This is why i've always advocated the removing of weaving so regular players can at least access the content.

Weaving? As in light attack weaving? If so that has nothing to do with hacking. It is a basic game mechanic. We are discussing players actually hacking doing stuff outside of the realm that the game intended you to be able to do. Clicking the left mouse button before each skill isn't included.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »

Weaving? As in light attack weaving? If so that has nothing to do with hacking. It is a basic game mechanic. We are discussing players actually hacking doing stuff outside of the realm that the game intended you to be able to do. Clicking the left mouse button before each skill isn't included.

That did make me rise an eyebrow... I don't use any third party applications to weave, not even addons, is just something the game reminds me of in the tooltip of the loading screen from time to time and I am still trying to get better at doing.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ijames1964 wrote: »
    Just goes to show a game of this size should be running some sort of anti-cheat software. Why keep paying to play a game when player's can be running around with software on their computer that can make them unbeatable.

Example being the "Spirit Slayer" title from the new Vateshran Hollows within 45 minutes without using a single Sigil and without dying achievement. Did you really do it..... Use a hack to get it.. Do I even believe you?

Know there are some great players out there that have worked so hard to get these titles. And yet...

ESO are leaving these players down by allowing dis-honest players to get these titles.

Neither here nor there, but yeah one of my guild mates got Spirit Slayer within an hour of the the content dropping.
    How? He practiced on PTS.
    Completely legit.
  • rk1101320
    rk1101320
    ✭✭
    u can post the video and remoove names
    GM of Pimp my Elf
    Ex member of TOXIC, KNOW YOUR PLACE, [snip], KNOWN'[snip]
    member of D-Ticks and E-Cheeks
    trolling your scrolls since beta
    youtu.be/FxjscqBxOJs
    well known T-bagger and shimmering shield spammer

[Edited to remove Profanity and Inappropriate Content]
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was some guy in grey host cyrodiil saying that he thought the no-proc test was to stop people from exploiting procs. He was saying he knew a bunch of people that were using a particular piece of software to proc things that only have, say, an 8% chance, every time. Makes me wonder about a lot of the unkillable people I've met who only seem to be aware of dawnbreaker...
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spirit Slayer is relatively easy to get for more experienced players. And using this title as an evidence that all titles are now worthless is huge exaggeration.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Makes me wonder about a lot of the unkillable people I've met who only seem to be aware of dawnbreaker...
    Are they hacking the cast time off of Dawnbreaker? That would be almost... heroic.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • ijames1964
    ijames1964
    ✭✭
    Spirit Slayer is relatively easy to get for more experienced players. And using this title as an evidence that all titles are now worthless is huge exaggeration.[/quote]

I didn't use Spirit Slayer as evidence, I used it as an example as its a new solo achievement.

But find a group, using hacked clients you can and most probably run any content in this game, get any title.

So think my wording in the post is correct.

• Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    So that means......there is literally no good reason why Npc vampires get all the cool skills while we get stuck with blood frenzy aside from....
    Dear god I have this amazing ability to somehow shoehorn my [snip] into someone else’s problem I am not a good person

Jokes aside,this is very interesting,this means that creation of custom skills may be possible,like the creation of custom spells in dark souls 2 via ultilising cheat engine.
    I’m incredibly curious to see this in action......not curious enough to try myself. Or encourage others. But the way the op was worded reminded me of making custom spells in dark souls two.
    So
    I theorise spell making could be done!
    If certain calculations are done client side. Maybe. I don’t know enough of what I’m talking about.
    If the new servers that are coming have additional functionality added to it,this may lead into something truly amazing
    Or just nothing at all.
    Likely the latter. I’m tired enough that I feel drunk and need to sleep because I’m overthinking things.

[edited for profanity]

Edited by ZOS_Lunar on February 24, 2021 2:31PM
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spirit Slayer is relatively easy to get for more experienced players. And using this title as an evidence that all titles are now worthless is huge exaggeration

I didn't use Spirit Slayer as evidence, I used it as an example as its a new solo achievement.

But find a group, using hacked clients you can and most probably run any content in this game, get any title.

Good luck getting trifacts in DLC trials with full team using cheats or exploits and getting away with it. Basically every team who tried something even remotely close to that got banned.
    Edited by Juhasow on February 24, 2021 2:10PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Spirit Slayer is relatively easy to get for more experienced players. And using this title as an evidence that all titles are now worthless is huge exaggeration

Good luck getting trifacts in DLC trials with full team using cheats or exploits and getting away with it. Basically every team who tried something even remotely close to that got banned.

I did mention that I discovered a site where these cheats are sold and although cheating happens. I certainly don't believe cheating is as widespread as you are making out. I actually think it is pretty rare comparatively to the honest players.
    I often find these threads descend into "I saw a player who is better than me and there for he is cheating". I have been on the receiving end of accusations such as these and it is disappointing to see how quick players will blame others for their own short comings.

Be honest with what you see. Do you see someone doing something unnatural outside the limitations of the game mechanics or do these observations manifest from your own short comings? If it is the former report it. If it is the latter ask for help, watch tutorials and get better.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on February 24, 2021 2:28PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @relentless_turnip are You sure Your response above is for me ?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    @relentless_turnip are You sure Your response above is for me ?

I just reread @Juhasow , apologies it was meant in agreement with you. I appreciate how it's worded could be misconstrued to be directed at you.