Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overland Content Feedback Thread

• XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Debuff is a bad solution as it only prolongs fights, it doesn't make it more interesting which is the point of this thread - to make overland combat more interesting and meaningful.

If ZOS will made good sliders for debuff you can adjust only damage recieved from mobs to dangerous level, so every mechanics and even simple attacks they have will have meaning and will force you to watch what mobs doing, use block, evade, and stay out of red circles. Just don't touch HP of mobs at all, if you want, so fights will not be prolonged.
    I think good sliders, with smooth difficulty progression of damage taken and damage dealt, is the only good real option for devs. Other options are too expensive, and if difficulty will rise with big steps, or damage taken and damage dealt will be tied in one difficulty, many players will be unsatisfied.
    Edited by XomRhoK on November 18, 2021 5:10PM
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    Debuff is a bad solution as it only prolongs fights, it doesn't make it more interesting which is the point of this thread - to make overland combat more interesting and meaningful.

If ZOS will made good sliders for debuff you can adjust only damage recieved from mobs to dangerous level, so every mechanics and even simple attacks they have will have meaning and will force you to watch what mobs doing, use block, evade, and stay out of red circles. Just don't touch HP of mobs at all, if you want, so fights will not be prolonged.
    I think good sliders, with smooth difficulty progression of damage taken and damage dealt, is the only good real option for devs. Other options are too expensive, and if difficulty will rise with big steps, or damage taken and damage dealt will be tied in one difficulty, many players will be unsatisfied.

Most overland mobs die to two hits, unless slider will have "everything is an one shot" option nothing will change without changing hp. And even that solution is bad as ppl want challenge, not cheap one shot solution.
    What data you have to decide that most proposed solutions are "too expensive"? For god sake we are talking about huge corporation that have microsoft backup, they have more money then you can imagine. If they decide that investing in some feature to bring more ppl (and keep those who are currently bored by current game state), different crowd to the game, is worth it, they will invest. This threat is for proposing solutions, not saying "this option is too expensive" because noone have any data to prove that
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Difficulty needs to be brought up by improving AI and some numbers, while also we should get an optional buff that evens things out.

So by this you are meaning non-optional? So that people like me who are perfectly happy with overland the way it is have to use a buff in order to continue our normal perfectly happy gameplay?

[Yes, I see that your first paragraph uses the word optional - but that last one doesn't sound like "optional".]
    Edited by Sylvermynx on November 18, 2021 6:34PM
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvokaan wrote: »

Most overland mobs die to two hits, unless slider will have "everything is an one shot" option nothing will change without changing hp. And even that solution is bad as ppl want challenge, not cheap one shot solution.
    Thats the point of sliders with smooth rise of difficulty. If you play as damage dealer and want mobs to live longer you can decrease your damage with appropriate slider. If you play as tank and want to feel more threat from mobs attacks you can increase damage recieved from mobs. Don't want cheap one shot mechanics? Adjust damage as you like, 2-3-4 shots, whatever you want.

What data you have to decide that most proposed solutions are "too expensive"? For god sake we are talking about huge corporation that have microsoft backup, they have more money then you can imagine. If they decide that investing in some feature to bring more ppl (and keep those who are currently bored by current game state), different crowd to the game, is worth it, they will invest. This threat is for proposing solutions, not saying "this option is too expensive" because noone have any data to prove that

Seems you new to the game. ZOS have troubles with performance for years, and "huge corporation that have microsoft backup" can't solve them, again for years. ZOS have troubles with game balance, they try to standardised and rebalance game for years and have little success in that, in my opinion, because from the words of one of players who were in Class Rep programm and visited ZOS main quarters and talked with devs, all balance in game managed by 3-4 people, not much for "huge corporation that have microsoft backup". Because, if i know correctly, ZOS throw big part of money to another MMO, which already several years in production. So, i think, ZOS will not do anything expensive or time consuming, especially for small part of community who want overland difficulty increase.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin thanks for the thread.

My solution is - optional hardmode(veteran) overland. Mobs do way more damage, have much more health or percent mitigation.

No extra rewards.

When you want to play veteran overland, there will be a menu in the game with a queue you can click on. This queue ports you to veteran version of tamriel. (This could be done, I believe, similar to how you have different versions of a zone when there are too many players.)

I believe this would give people what they want, and prevent any issues people have raised.

Thanks!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭

Thats the point of sliders with smooth rise of difficulty. If you play as damage dealer and want mobs to live longer you can decrease your damage with appropriate slider. If you play as tank and want to feel more threat from mobs attacks you can increase damage recieved from mobs. Don't want cheap one shot mechanics? Adjust damage as you like, 2-3-4 shots, whatever you want.

Seems you new to the game. ZOS have troubles with performance for years, and "huge corporation that have microsoft backup" can't solve them, again for years. ZOS have troubles with game balance, they try to standardised and rebalance game for years and have little success in that, in my opinion, because from the words of one of players who were in Class Rep programm and visited ZOS main quarters and talked with devs, all balance in game managed by 3-4 people, not much for "huge corporation that have microsoft backup". Because, if i know correctly, ZOS throw big part of money to another MMO, which already several years in production. So, i think, ZOS will not do anything expensive or time consuming, especially for small part of community who want overland difficulty increase.

I played this game since beta, you don't need to tell me about balance problems (which are mostly intentional to sell new dlc or shake up the meta so ppl farm new gear, buy race change tokens, level up alts, etc). Zos balance is not for players, it is to force ppl to do activities on different toons.
    Microsoft owns zenimax for too short period of time to see real impact of their support. And still, you said that this would be expensive solution without providing any data to backup that opinion. Development is an expensive thing. But following your logic they would not releasing dungeon dlcs because they are expensive and only for small portion of playerbase.
    If they want ESO to be played for next 5-10 years they need to invest in it. Stop treating them like indie studio that can push only small patches with little to no features as it is simply not true.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's about the entire overland content, I made this mistake a while back. Overland refers to delves, trash mobs, etc. I think people want is a difficult setting for STORY content, which I absolutely agree with. Molag bal is as intimidating as a random delve boss (cool visuals tho), but I'm a lot more scared from the final boss in fungal grotto I in veteran (not saying I'm scared of the boss I can solo, I'm saying it's more intimidating than the actual daedric prince).
    The story tells you about these world-ending threats, but there's no real motivation to get that dungeon gear to beat the bosses in story modes. The only motivation for dungeon gear is to run more dungeons.

As for rewards, I don't think people would want better rewards, they just want a better experience in story mode. But I guess there could be some extra gold and purple gear instead of green/blue (nothing that normal version of story content excludes, you just need to upgrade reward gear, and you'd be missing about 100 gold)
  • summ0004
    summ0004
    ✭✭✭
    Only issue I have with a debuff is that it kills any incentives to get better gear and use champion points. You almost feel like its more balanced just using overland gear and no champion points and getting the same results. Its like I want to make myself better and more poweful so I can then nerf myself. RPGs are about progression of your character and this doesnt really sit well with that.

This is why I am not keen on having a debuff when there is clearly a fundamental balance problem with the game.

I prefer some of the other options such as better mob scaling or a couple of different difficulty scrolls in the instanced areas that give slightly better rewards from the boss drops such as purple gear over blue or green gear.

• StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a level 29 templar in no sets take down a world boss last night, all they had in was basic CP, and it didn't take them long at all.

We do not want to take away your fun, we want the ability to have fun.

Stop assuming everyone is running around in golden arena weapons and other nonsense, they are not. My quest levelling toon that I made because I have to gimp myself is just picking stuff up off the ground to use and not even running potions or proper cp, I only put CP into the green tree and into regen.

This is just an echo chamber of no's at this point and people repeating the same reason why they don't want something. We get why you don't want it, which is why we're not asking for what you think we're asking for. Give us a challenge banner/scroll as good faith. Something. Instead of this tirade of no's against us. Do we at least have your support on that? If so, then excellent, I thank you for your time and care about this issue.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always said optional is fine. If it's for challenge banner/scroll option, that's fine, as would be instanced harder overland. I don't think the debuff thing is logical at all, though it might be the simplest to accomplish.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just an echo chamber of no's at this point and people repeating the same reason why they don't want something. We get why you don't want it, which is why we're not asking for what you think we're asking for. Give us a challenge banner/scroll as good faith. Something. Instead of this tirade of no's against us. Do we at least have your support on that? If so, then excellent, I thank you for your time and care about this issue.

I was literally one of the first to suggest challenge banners, and have only said "no" to separate instance and why, just as others have said "no" to debuffs and why.

There has been basically nobody who has said flat no to vet Overland. They have simply had a different solution to how to accomplish that then you. And the "separate" instance crowd has posted just as much about why they don't want a debuff.

So yes, I would like a challenge banner on the mobs. I personally would like as a sign of good faith to stop being referred to as anti-vet Overland just because I have a different solution than you. We clearly all think our solution is best but we nearly all of us want harder mobs as an optional offering.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 19, 2021 1:27AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other issue I have (and it's personal to me alone I think, which means it's an edge case) is the suggestion for story questing to be harder. I love questing.... and I'm already having trouble with quest bosses. Making the story quests harder would shut me out of the very content I love the most....
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    The other issue I have (and it's personal to me alone I think, which means it's an edge case) is the suggestion for story questing to be harder. I love questing.... and I'm already having trouble with quest bosses. Making the story quests harder would shut me out of the very content I love the most....

Challenge banners are optonal flags near bosses you can turn off and on to give them more hp and damage, alongside new mechanics.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I understand that. But I get the feeling that some are wanting the entire chapter/dlc story questline harder overall. There are those in this thread who say in pretty much those words, raise the level to harder overall, just do it. At this point at least, one of the most antagonistic hasn't posted in a while, but when s/he did, s/he got a lot of validation in the form of agrees and awesomes.

Sure I could spend the rest of my in game time doing nothing besides crafting (and yes, i do love crafting) but I also would seriously miss story line questing. I'm not calling out anyone by name, but they are definitely there.

After talking to a couple of friends about the Deadlands questline, I'm feeling as if it's going to be another situation for me where the boss is going to take me way too much time, not to mention way too many deaths, to get past.

Painful. For me, the quest story lines are not easy....
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I played this game since beta, you don't need to tell me about balance problems (which are mostly intentional to sell new dlc or shake up the meta so ppl farm new gear, buy race change tokens, level up alts, etc). Zos balance is not for players, it is to force ppl to do activities on different toons.
    Microsoft owns zenimax for too short period of time to see real impact of their support. And still, you said that this would be expensive solution without providing any data to backup that opinion. Development is an expensive thing. But following your logic they would not releasing dungeon dlcs because they are expensive and only for small portion of playerbase.
    If they want ESO to be played for next 5-10 years they need to invest in it. Stop treating them like indie studio that can push only small patches with little to no features as it is simply not true.

I read your previous post, you also want difficulty increase as i do but our approaches are different. You want vet instance for overland, but i see two main flows in that approach.
    First, as i mentioned before, this is will be too expensive and time consuming, if they will lower cooldown on enemy abilities, increase skill execution speed, improve ai it will need additional testing, because some abilities can go out of control, for example healers with increased healing and lower cooldowns can became unkillable, or Indriks will constantly teleport and so on. And they will need to test for around 90 different type of creatures( i count here, and tried not to count mechanicaly same creatures), around 160 delve bosses(here, excluding Cyrodiil ones), don't know how many unique quest bosses, but think not less than a 50, and additional testing for 30 Public dungeons with poweruped creatures and unique bosses. And if boss can summon other creatures or they stand in group, it will require additional testing, for deadly combos and unkillable situations. I agree that Microsoft, if they want to can invest a lot of money in ESO and increase man power, but i don't see any sign of it, of cause i have no inside information, but nevertheless.
    Second, vet overland instance will have only one difficulty. And this is a big problem for me, i find current overland difficulty to low, but i don't want suffer in overland content, and if they will make it too hard i will not use it, so they will partly waste money and resources. Also players who hit 100k DPS can find it not difficult enough, and will not bother play it, again partly wasted resources. So player base who will enjoy this one new difficulty will be even less, than player base who want more difficult content.
    summ0004 wrote: »
    Only issue I have with a debuff is that it kills any incentives to get better gear and use champion points. You almost feel like its more balanced just using overland gear and no champion points and getting the same results. Its like I want to make myself better and more poweful so I can then nerf myself. RPGs are about progression of your character and this doesnt really sit well with that.

This is why I am not keen on having a debuff when there is clearly a fundamental balance problem with the game.

I prefer some of the other options such as better mob scaling or a couple of different difficulty scrolls in the instanced areas that give slightly better rewards from the boss drops such as purple gear over blue or green gear.
    Partly agree. Debuffing player not very good option from perception of player, players moslty want to become powerfull, not weaker, but in numbers and effect on combat there is no difference from debuffing player and buffing enemies. For example, player have damage 2, creature have 8 HP, player kill creature in 4 hits, you want to prolonge fight in two times you can debuff player by decreasing his damage to 1, or you can "scale" creature to 16 HP, same result. But players just don't want to debuff themselves and it's understandable. Debuffing is just a method to achieve result and it suggested because it is easier to implement, no need to mock player that he were debuffed. Debuff will be invisible for player, and it more of the wording and and getting right attitude. For example
    - Overland Veteran: Rumors about your adventures are widely known, all enemies will fight against you with additional fervor, they will deal double damage against you and resist against your attacks twice as good (+100% damage done to you and +50% more resist from your attacks to overland NPCs. Dungeons, trials, duels and PvP excluded). While this option is active you will recieve special frame around your Health bar:
    L8BE3Vi.jpg
    - Overland Veteran Hard Mode: Every citizen of Tamriel know your name and deeds, all enemies will fight for their lives against you, they will deal quadruple damage against you and resist against your attacks four times better (+300% damage done to you and +75% more resist from your attacks to overland NPCs. Dungeons, trials, duels and PvP excluded). While this option is active you will recieve special frame around your Health bar:
    GDpzflp.jpg
    With smoth progression difficulty sliders it will be different, but you can see the idea.
    Before i think for myself on scaling mobs, smart scaling depending on number of players and their power, but i come to one aspect that can't be avoided, in my opinion, it's a AOE attacks of the mobs. Single attacks can be scaled depending on who monster attack, but AOE can't so it will be too weak to not kill weak players, or to powerfull and will one shot weaker players. Debuffing players individually have no such problem and much easier to implement.
    Edited by XomRhoK on November 19, 2021 6:49AM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is there so much debate when the very obvious solution is to have a different instance of tamriel (vet/hardmode) that you have to queue into?
    Mobs do way more increased damage and have much more health.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • summ0004
    summ0004
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there so much debate when the very obvious solution is to have a different instance of tamriel (vet/hardmode) that you have to queue into?

The issue seems to be how much harder mobs or bosses should be as this is different for everybody. Personally I would like more difficult mobs but wouldnt want it so difficult where you are having 5 minute fights with mudcrabs and getting one shotted by quest bosses.

I just want it so that it represents something that resembles a fight so I have to dodge roll or block on occassion and I can use more than one ability.

This is why I think you would probably want more than two levels of difficulty(super easy and super hard, something like easy, veteran and hardcore modes. The challenge as we have seen is the difficulty how to implement this into the game.

• Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue seems to be how much harder mobs or bosses should be as this is different for everybody. Personally I would like more difficult mobs but wouldnt want it so difficult where you are having 5 minute fights with mudcrabs and getting one shotted by quest bosses.

I just want it so that it represents something that resembles a fight so I have to dodge roll or block on occassion and I can use more than one ability.

This is why I think you would probably want more than two levels of difficulty(super easy and super hard, something like easy, veteran and hardcore modes. The challenge as we have seen is the difficulty how to implement this into the game.

Now you see where those that are happy are coming from. We don't want 5 minute mud crab fights either nor do we want any one shot mechanics, BUT we don't want our questing experience changed in any way either.

Every "switch" you make that can be used in overland to modify difficulty only divides the player base more. If you want to add banners or some other way to make a more personal experience it would reduce dev time needed; the tradeoff being you might have someone come along and gank your target on you.

If you want to go the fully separate instance it would require much more dev time to do the the entire overland and if you decide to split the difficulty even more it become a whole new nightmare.

The answer is not clear to me either, but one thing is for sure the overland world is VERY busy currently and it would seem that splitting up the player base is not something that leads to a "lived in" feeling for the world. And believe it or not people like playing in a world that feels populated by players such as themselves.

Edited a letter
    Edited by Toxic_Hemlock on November 19, 2021 4:25PM
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭

Now you see where those that are happy are coming from. We don't want 5 minute mud crab fights either nor do we want any one shot mechanics, BUT we don't want our questing experience changed in any way either.

Every "switch" you make that can be used in overland to modify difficulty only divides the player base more. If you want to add banners or some other way to make a more personal experience it would reduce dev time needed; the tradeoff being you might have someone come along and gank your target on you.

If you want to go the fully separate instance it would require much more dev time to do the the entire overland and if you decide to split the difficulty even more it become a whole new nightmare.

The answer is not clear to me either, but one thing is for sure the overland world is VERY busy currently and it would seem that splitting up the player base is not something that leads to a "lived in" feeling for the world. And believe it or not people like playing in a world that feels populated by players such as themselves.

Edited a letter

I would like the system that is used in current dungs so vet overland and for those who seek for even harder quest boss fights, banner for HM.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Edited a letter

I would like the system that is used in current dungs so vet overland and for those who seek for even harder quest boss fights, banner for HM.

So would this vet overland be optional? Not clear.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am still curious (as no-one bothered to answer apart from one person - thank you) as to whether the majority of those who want some sort of overland hard mode are PC players, & whether they play with combat add-ons.

I have my suspicions, but would like to know.
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

Edited a letter

So would this vet overland be optional? Not clear.

Yes, like you have option now to do normal dungeon or veteran with special even highier difficulty option accessible only in vet mode. Tbh for vet overland half of the job is already done. They have the sharding tech that throw ppl to different instances, they have instances of group content that differ in difficulty, we already are splitted in different instances of the world. Not sure why cyrodill can have multiple instances with different settings, dungeons and trials same but for some misterious reason overland is a big problem here. Like I said, they dont need to rebuild everything from zero, just adjust hp, damage and skill speed and cooldown values and we're gucci. New mechanics can be done for HM banners after the first iteration of vet overland if they will find it successful
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am still curious (as no-one bothered to answer apart from one person - ) as to whether the majority of those who want some sort of overland hard mode are PC players, & whether they play with combat add-ons..
    Speaking only for myself (of course) , and i don't know why i never mentioned this on any of my earlier replies & suggestions starting on page 32 , but anyways: i myself have been here since 2013 beta, on PC, and have literally NEVER used an add-on. Not even once.

I know i know, i'm weird and probably "missing out" in some player's eyes, but hey what can i tell ya i'm just not a fan of add-ons. I guess i'm just a purist and plus i always see guildmates of mine having issue after issue (bugs) with certain add-ons they use, so i never wanna be bothered with that hassle tbqh.

Be that as it may, while still adhering to my earlier idea/suggestion (about simply adding minor difficulty tweaks here & there to select areas, beasts, & night-times the farther players venture out away from safe-zones like wayshrines & cities) , after testing a few solo methods + companion over the past couple days comparing solo overland vs. solo underland...i have come to the boring milk-toast conclusion that 'overland content' is perfectly fine how it is right now.

In other words: if Zenimax used this sticky thread to make a SLIGHT difficulty increase, i'd be happy. But i'm not gonna fret over it they don't. (Although, if they made it any easier, i'd be very very unhappy lol )

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    I am still curious (as no-one bothered to answer apart from one person - ) as to whether the majority of those who want some sort of overland hard mode are PC players, & whether they play with combat add-ons..
    Speaking only for myself (of course) , and i don't know why i never mentioned this on any of my earlier replies & suggestions starting on page 32 , but anyways: i myself have been here since 2013 beta, on PC, and have literally NEVER used an add-on. Not even once.

I know i know, i'm weird and probably "missing out" in some player's eyes, but hey what can i tell ya i'm just not a fan of add-ons. I guess i'm just a purist and plus i always see guildmates of mine having issue after issue (bugs) with certain add-ons they use, so i never wanna be bothered with that hassle tbqh.

Be that as it may, while still adhering to my earlier idea/suggestion (about simply adding minor difficulty tweaks here & there to select areas, beasts, & night-times the farther players venture out away from safe-zones like wayshrines & cities) , after testing a few solo methods + companion over the past couple days comparing solo overland vs. solo underland...i have come to the boring milk-toast conclusion that 'overland content' is perfectly fine how it is right now.

In other words: if Zenimax used this sticky thread to make a SLIGHT difficulty increase, i'd be happy. But i'm not gonna fret over it they don't. (Although, if they made it any easier, i'd be very very unhappy lol )

Well, I wouldn't want to see it easier myself, even though it's not all that easy for me now. I will have to get some better sets I guess (though obviously if I have so much trouble in overland, there's no way I'll be getting dungeon sets or monster sets unless I pick up items from the Golden).

As for addons, the reason I use so many is that I've played CRPGs since 1985, and there's just a very set way I like to have things work (especially combat and movement), so I have addons for that, and for ease of crafting on 2-3 characters on 2 accounts both PC megaservers.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a suggestion a while ago, but it probably got blown to the winds.

After every chapter is beaten by the player they unlock a toggle curse. Each chapter has it's own unlockable curse.
    • Like 'being knocked down applies a massive damage over time'
    • or holding block for more than 2 seconds causes stamina to drain rapidly
    • or 'when stamina gets to below 20% you are knocked down'
    • or 'when nearby 2 or more enemies they begin to drain your resources'

And the more chapters beaten the more you can stacks curses.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a suggestion a while ago, but it probably got blown to the winds.

After every chapter is beaten by the player they unlock a toggle curse. Each chapter has it's own unlockable curse.
    • Like 'being knocked down applies a massive damage over time'
    • or holding block for more than 2 seconds causes stamina to drain rapidly
    • or 'when stamina gets to below 20% you are knocked down'
    • or 'when nearby 2 or more enemies they begin to drain your resources'

And the more chapters beaten the more you can stacks curses.

Interesting thought. If you never flipped the toggle, nothing would change....
  • summ0004
    summ0004
    ✭✭✭
    I am still curious (as no-one bothered to answer apart from one person - thank you) as to whether the majority of those who want some sort of overland hard mode are PC players, & whether they play with combat add-ons.

To be honest playing with addons doesnt make any difference at all playing in overland and questing as once you are using two half decent 5 piece sets(which can be purchased from guild traders or crafted btw), then mobs die so quickly for it to make any difference.

The addons only really come into use if you are doing dungeons and trails.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the combat addons don't tell you anything for overland. they're only for dungeons and trials :)
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2400+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am on Playstation 4 NA. I actually don't really know what addons would have to do with it?
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

I am on Playstation 4 NA. I actually don't really know what addons would have to do with it?

Some ppl believe problem of easy overland is coming from addons or trial gear but thats a huge mistake. Addons helps with trials a lot but for overland they don't provide that much. As for trial gear, almost each meta trial set require some build up time to be effective and they are performing great in fight that actualy takes time, not in burst 2-5 seconds encounters from overland. Tbh any 2 skill rotation with hundings + julianos (both crafted) can melt any mob or delve/public dungeon boss in seconds. Overland is too easy not because of power creep but because it was built this way.
    There is nothing wrong with overland being easy and accessible for all. Problem is when that easy mode is only option as it limits the fun for a lot of ppl who prefer at least some degree of challenge.