Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Overland Content Feedback Thread

• Mitheral
    Mitheral
    Soul Shriven
    I really love this game...all except how easy overland is...after a long quest getting to the boss..I WANT A FIGHT!Please please add a new sever,,with a Fresh start and REAL challenging conent.I keep comeing back Hopeing only to be let down...Shoot id pay 100 bucks just to restart on a real server.
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I and many others are going into FG1, BC1 and Spindle 1 and soloing these dungeons at level 7.

I have never seen this in any other MMO, unless the devs are aware of this and are ok with it. Maybe its by design.
    Should not be happening in a MMO, you should need 4 people to clear the dungeons at level 7, heck at least till level 45.

The overworld content is even easier. I understand that there are people out there that don't have the reflexes or skills to finish even simple fetch quests, but that should not sacrifice the rest of the community.

Please make this even a bit challenging.
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because unlike the other content. Overland cannot be replayed unless you make a new character. Unless you are planning on a completely new instance like Warframe's Steel Path.

Just put gold and XP rewards on a multiplier based on how high the player cranked up their difficulty slider and have a drop chance for gold crafting materials in the overland. Nothing crazy. If they really wanted to go nuts, make it a separate overland and let everyone start fresh in every zone and do some sort of voucher system for cosmetic rewards for completion of zones and campaigns. Titles, custom nameplates, mounts, mementos etc.

They can do as little or go as far as they want with the implementation. At this point I'd be happy with a debuff memento as a temporary solution but long-term I'm hoping for a slider. It's far too late for adventure zones to return and I wouldn't want them to because that would mean 1-2 zones versus the entire game.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xTAKISx wrote: »
    I and many others are going into FG1, BC1 and Spindle 1 and soloing these dungeons at level 7.

Those are learner dungeons anyway. It's not a big deal for an experienced player to be able to do beginner content by themselves at the beginning level. The dungeons get progressively harder as you go along.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 2, 2022 10:06AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because unlike the other content. Overland cannot be replayed unless you make a new character. Unless you are planning on a completely new instance like Warframe's Steel Path.

Just put gold and XP rewards on a multiplier based on how high the player cranked up their difficulty slider and have a drop chance for gold crafting materials in the overland.

I don't know about gold mats but I think this is reasonable. Personally, I'm also more open to the idea of unique achievements and rewards since AwA. Prior to AwA, I was strictly against it because I didn't want new players able to mess up their achievements because they could only do the quests the once. Thought it was important they be able to get everything like everyone else, and also didn't want people feeling like they absolutely had to turn on vet because they can only do a quest once. But now that AwA is a thing, achievements are account wide so it doesn't make much difference if you do it on alt instead as your main will still get all the achievement points.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 2, 2022 10:10AM
  • nb_rich
    nb_rich
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought about this idea as I was browsing around on the forum but how about in the future look into creating a new minor buff for overland gear similar to minor slayer. It can be useful for people that solo, do zone stories/quests or just like killing overland bosses.
    nb_rich
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Those are learner dungeons anyway. It's not a big deal for an experienced player to be able to do beginner content by themselves at the beginning level. The dungeons get progressively harder as you go along.

Oxi, in no other MMO can a level 7 solo a group dungeon. It is a huge deal unless the devs are working towards this. They should be much more transparent.

Fine with me either way, a toggle switch for difficulty would rectify it as stated earlier in this thread.
    Edited by xTAKISx on November 3, 2022 3:26AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oxi, in no other MMO can a level 7 solo a group dungeon. It is a huge deal unless the devs are working towards this. They should be much more transparent.

Fine with me either way, a toggle switch for difficulty would rectify it as stated earlier in this thread.

Other MMOs have leveled content, but you can solo the really easy dungeons pretty quickly, assuming they even allow you to enter solo. Dungeons literally already have different difficulty modes
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 3, 2022 3:41AM
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Jammy420 wrote: »
    Why are people so against players having to actually learn the game, why does it have to be so easy that it is impossible to even learn the game mechanics through overland?

Overland does not train players for veteran content, nor should it. Overland tells the story. The only way to learn veteran content is by doing veteran content.

I've played a lot of MMOs and I've done a lot of end game. When a new dungeon or raid was introduced we went in and we wiped a lot and we learned its mechanics. No one expected questing zones to teach them that.

I also never saw a single complaint that the questing zones were too easy and should have veteran levels for powerful players. These players found their challenges in the content that was developed for that.

I don't know why this is a problem for some ESO players, but I've only seen this type of complaint in this game.

But the bottom line is that this game is casual and solo friendly, with things like the Oakensoul ring and Companions, because this is what a lot of players want. And Rich Lambert made a statement that there are no major changes planned for overland difficulty.

This is all I have to say and I'm done with this discussion. I wish everyone well in finding something they can enjoy.

Then where? You constantly say it's exclusively for the story, but if that's the case, why have combat encounters at all? Video games generally have a difficulty curve, like in mario the first few levels focus solely on jumping with static hazards, then later levels will introduce one new thing like moving hazards and platforms, or keys and what not. Then a boss level will take all the things you learned while progressing through the content to show how all the pieces have come together.

ESO overland doesn't do any of that since a majority of the things taught in the tutorial are never seen again until you go to vet content. Bashing enemies? Nope. Enemies having impactful enough attacks to warrant even paying attention to who or what you're fighting? Using heals or shields? Not needed when powerful overland mobs can take literal minutes to kill someone who isn't fighting back.

ESO's overland is where new players get their first impression of the game. Some, as others have stated, are put off by how simplistic the gameplay lets on, so they bore before getting to see the best the game has to offer. Others want to expand to other pieces of content but without practicing simple gameplay systems, ones that players should know before going into vet content, they see the content as too hard and the people trying to help them as toxic elitist demanding them to play the game differently.

These points have been raised countless times in this thread, about how only allowing overland to be this single base level, below the difficulty of the tutorial even, can cause harm, but then for players like me who have done vet content and expect to be able to engage with the world and story of ESO through the engaging gameplay that it has are let down as even world ending threads are nothing but jokes and a waste of time.

I enjoy ESO, I have spent thousands of hours doing so, the game already has the tech in place to provide this sort of option at no cost to you, so I don't get how this is something that needs to be fought over.

Couldnt have said this any better.
    Your comparison would be true if we were asking only overland players and excluding pvpers. The poll was in fact open for everyone to see, across multiple platforms, forums, and sub forums. It is representitive, if you do not want to believe it, well, I will not argue further.

It doesn't matter if it was open for everyone to see. The content creator's poll is going to be heavily skewed towards people who are watching the content creator's stuff and that creates a sample bias. The sample bias of content creators is why their polls are generally not used for balance, and used at a company's own peril. It is NOT a representative sample because it is going to be inherently skewed towards people who like the content creator's works. That poll is only good for telling us what the viewers of that particular content creator thinks and not the playerbase at large. The casual players that make up the bulk of this game and participate the most in overland generally speaking don't look up stuff online which is why they are hard to capture in polls. This is why companies analyze play data instead.
    snip

Who was talking about content creator polls? They were done on reddit, on here, twitter, and numerous other platforms by normal players, not by content creators. And that is exactly why it was accurate and representative.
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Given the choice, 9 out of 10 ESO players chose playing Normal over Veteran for their rewards for an event.

To get the Golden Skull Plunder Boxes are you doing Normal or Veteran Content

Well when end game players, and everyone who doesnt like easy mode starts leaving, then its no wonder when that demographic says that. You build it and they will come applies here, same with starving cats wont stick around.

I have never seen this in any other MMO, unless the devs are aware of this and are ok with it. Maybe its by design.
    Should not be happening in a MMO, you should need 4 people to clear the dungeons at level 7, heck at least till level 45.

The overworld content is even easier. I understand that there are people out there that don't have the reflexes or skills to finish even simple fetch quests, but that should not sacrifice the rest of the community.

Please make this even a bit challenging.

Same, I have never seen devs cater to people who could care less about all the content in the game in my life.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of us are not special snowflakes and cannot solo dungeons as level 7!

That is saying we are not special, we just have to play through things. And wait for normal dungeon queueing until level 10 for a pickup group.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on November 4, 2022 5:19AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

I made a post on this to get some more traction but it was taken down, despite the fact that this thread hasn't received much acknowledgement from the developers, but I'll restate my opinion here.

The easiest solution to this problem would be to add a Cursed Ring that drastically reduces the damage you deal, increases the damage you take, and reduces your recoveries. It would be easy to implement and entirely optional.

Some people say "just play without gear or without slotting attribute points" but you wouldn't say the same in a game like Skyrim. In Skyrim, you would never just play on novice but without wearing armor if you want more difficulty.

A cursed ring would allow you to run the exact same gear setup, procs, combos, and attributes while quickly and easily increasing the difficulty for yourself and only yourself. Please consider doing this in the near future because I would love to play the swathes of content that are currently too easy and boring for me and other veteran players to enjoy.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I made a post on this to get some more traction but it was taken down, despite the fact that this thread hasn't received much acknowledgement from the developers, but I'll restate my opinion here.

The easiest solution to this problem would be to add a Cursed Ring that drastically reduces the damage you deal, increases the damage you take, and reduces your recoveries. It would be easy to implement and entirely optional.

Some people say "just play without gear or without slotting attribute points" but you wouldn't say the same in a game like Skyrim. In Skyrim, you would never just play on novice but without wearing armor if you want more difficulty.

A cursed ring would allow you to run the exact same gear setup, procs, combos, and attributes while quickly and easily increasing the difficulty for yourself and only yourself. Please consider doing this in the near future because I would love to play the swathes of content that are currently too easy and boring for me and other veteran players to enjoy.

When I played Skyrim I tended to change my gear more than the difficulty slider because that allowed for more precise changes as Skyrim's difficulty shifts the damage done and damage taken by around 33% per step.

A ring is also going to consume an item slot which will change your gearing options.

• CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

When I played Skyrim I tended to change my gear more than the difficulty slider because that allowed for more precise changes as Skyrim's difficulty shifts the damage done and damage taken by around 33% per step.

A ring is also going to consume an item slot which will change your gearing options.

Then dont use the ring. At the end of the day changing mob ai or behaviors would likely require far too much developer time. The item i propose would be straightforward, would just replace your mythic, would be easy to implement, would increase difficulty far more than running around naked, and would prevent having to swap/ignore tons of aspects of your build.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Can we get some sort of acknowledgement that an Overland Content difficulty change is still being considered or looked into? Whether through an optional "cursed" item or some sort of toggle? It seems like this thread has been completely forgotten about and I know myself and a large number of veteran players would love to be able to play through the wealth of content in this game without steamrolling all of the mobs.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You forget the fact that enemies who barely fight back aren't challenging even if it takes you twice as long to kill them, or if their almost nonexistent damage (nullified further with any healing) won't be that impactful even if it were doubled. In the exact way that lord warden on normal and lord warden on vet both use identical attacks, but one is programmed to do 90% of a player's health in damage and the other will always one shot no matter what, so to could ZOS, using instances, replace low impact abilities like an archers 10s long 'taking aim' with the arrow barrage skill used by the goblin archers in frost vault. Things like that are possible, are already done, and I feel would much better impact the issues people have.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Can we get some sort of acknowledgement that an Overland Content difficulty change is still being considered or looked into? Whether through an optional "cursed" item or some sort of toggle? It seems like this thread has been completely forgotten about and I know myself and a large number of veteran players would love to be able to play through the wealth of content in this game without steamrolling all of the mobs.

In the thread that got shut down. It was asked "why would anyone be against an optional cursed item that could be ignored?"

I would posit that it is because the folks for whom this isn't a "good enough" solution fear that it will be implemented, ZOS will say "problem solved" and for many the problem won't be solved.

Because of AwA, I no longer really care about this issue. I won't be re-doing content on alts since I can't track it properly, so most of my time in overland is spent when I need a lead or a piece of gear (farming) which means the easier the mobs, the better.

However just articulating why there might be some resistance. In fact it is rather like AwA itself, where now ZOS can say "look! We listened and gave you AwA" when in fact for many folks what was desired was different than the implementation we received, and now there is nothing but silence on the topic.

There's always the "do it right" camps and the "something is better than nothing" camps. I am a fan of the latter only if it is incremental steps towards the former, personally.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Eridanus
    Eridanus
    ✭✭✭
    The absolute lack of difficulty is the main issue that keeps me from returning to this game. It's very frustrating and boring dealing with the soporiferous difficulty of the overland, which is a huge portion of the game.

I haven't read the entire thread but here are some more points.

-The lack of difficulty alienates a certain type of player. The game being too easy is a very common complain, not only on the forums, but among people who have tried ESO and got tired of it, partially because of this reason. Of course, the players who are bored by the difficulty are way more likely to abandon the game, so saying that the majority of active players are fine with the current state of the overland doesn't tell the full picture, as you must also take the potential players into account.

-Players who are ok with the current difficulty and don't have a strong opinion about it could potentially enjoy a veteran version as well: being able to enjoy a more relaxed difficulty at a times and also challenging content that requires more of your attention and to improve your skills, is not contradictory. How many people are actually adamantly against having such optional content? Perhaps they are a loud minority themselves, after all.

-Vet versions and difficult content already exist and keeps getting added into the game. It's not the majority of it, but if they actively develop this type of content, it means that the players who enjoy difficulty aren't such an extremely tiny but loud minority, like some users keep suggesting (or at the very least, they're a profitable minority). In fact, DLC dungeons are more difficult than the ones in the base game; why would they do that if no one wanted it?

-Devs can definitely change their views, and we as players have the right to complain about the state of the game, and the expectation that they may hear us, so we will keep having these threads. Have you heard about the "You think you do but you don't" answer from a WoW dev, to a question from someone who was asking for the implementation of classic versions of the game? Well, not long after that they finally changed their minds and now there are 2 classic versions of the game available, which have turned out to be a success. Coincidentally, one of the reasons many players asked for a classic version, is that retail had become too easy in some aspects.

Lastly, I want to remind everyone that we (at least most of us) are asking for something optional. Some people make it sound as if we wanted to take your fun away, when that's not the case.
    Edited by Eridanus on November 6, 2022 1:39AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been those who have promulgated "just make it x amount harder; people will deal or they'll leave." That's not really acceptable (and I do realize that reading back through all the pages here is..... um.... not optimal at all).

There's a fair amount of us who are older (I'm mid 70s) - our reflexes aren't great any more, and in my own case, I also have only satellite connection as "broadband" (eh, it's not....) so in game life is problematic. We're actually a very major minority - only about 5 of us, one who does not post any more.

So yes - there's a huge disconnect between those who live in an area with wonderful connection, and those of us who live in the back of beyond. I'm one of the latter - but the tradeoff is the cleanest air and water, the least traffic, the least crime.... in the entire US. So I'm okay with that trade. But I do wish that we could have some parity with the rest of you.

I can manage a minor uptick in difficulty. But who's to determine how much that uptick is? No one ever posts a percentage.... They all just want "more difficulty"....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this counts as overland but can we have main questline bosses be a little more than just “DPS down 33% then they go invuln and you have to use a synergy”. I get killing them too fast could break things, but why not have them scale based on player power to be a moderate challenge or at least tanky enough to have their full dialogue.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I can manage a minor uptick in difficulty. But who's to determine how much that uptick is? No one ever posts a percentage.... They all just want "more difficulty"....

ZOS I’ll take a 69% increase in difficulty please.
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »

ZOS I’ll take a 69% increase in difficulty please.

There we have it, it's been decided guys, 69% is the optimal uptick for difficulty.

To be honest, I wrote a post here where I tried to "debuff" myself up to the point I could at least die. It was a succes in certain areas but I had to deskill, unequip CP and equip lvl 7 weapons and no armor. What I missed was using and experimenting with gear and skills to find that sweet spot.

The thing is, the game in itself is rather challenging , if you decrease dmg output and increase dmg income, you would automatically need to dodge, block, heal, etc...

Its actually a lot of fun and even the most trivial story mobs have some fun and challenging routines and moves.

So yeah, an optional debuff slider would do wonders, at least for me.

A ring, while not a bad idea would mean we once again can't experiment with gear. And lets be honest. They already reduce dmg via the PVP debuff system. So doing a ring because it'll take less development time doesn't seem like a correct argument.

Edited by Aardappelboom on November 7, 2022 10:04PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There was that video posted a while ago where an elite overland mob took minutes to kill a player who wasn't fighting back, and that kind of enemy can be killed in seconds, doubling damage taken and halving damage dealt wouldn't fix that, and if extremes beyond that are needed for a slider option to work then there are bigger issues to address (like some enemies literally blowing bubbles to fight). This solution would also, like mentioned earlier, act as a "well you got what you wanted to be happy" answer so nothing more would likely be done, and as I have mentioned earlier about one of the benefits of using instances, if a player on lower difficulty clears the content ahead of someone whose on a higher difficulty that creates a bad experience, one which we see now and shouldn't be allowed to happen more.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When was the last time you enjoyed the difficulty of the mobs in a game?

Let's try to keep it to an MMO.

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The difficulty of the overland mobs is just right the way it is for me. So yes, I enjoy the difficulty in THIS game at this time.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The difficulty of the overland mobs is just right the way it is for me. So yes, I enjoy the difficulty in THIS game at this time.

How? Honestly, I ran through the game with garbage white gear 15 levels below my level so it debuffs me, no set items, and I can sneeze on mobs and they die. 0 threat to me.
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How? Honestly, I ran through the game with garbage white gear 15 levels below my level so it debuffs me, no set items, and I can sneeze on mobs and they die. 0 threat to me.

Because she’s playing with >300-400 ping if not higher. Personally, I don’t understand how is it fun as the game way too laggy and unresponsive to be enjoyable with everyone teleporting around and big chunk of content practically unplayable. I would have dropped the game in the first hour with ping like that whether I would be casual or hardcore and i kind of envy her persistence for loving ESO lore so much.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonyblack wrote: »

Because she’s playing with >300-400 ping if not higher. Personally, I don’t understand how is it fun as the game way too laggy and unresponsive to be enjoyable with everyone teleporting around and big chunk of content practically unplayable. I would have dropped the game in the first hour with ping like that whether I would be casual or hardcore and i kind of envy her persistence for loving ESO lore so much.

That's kind of you @tonyblack. The thing is that all games are problematic - MMOs I mean. I played WoW for 7 years, RIFT for 3, and then I lived in Skyrim until 2017 when I picked up ESO, though I do still play both TES IV and TES V. But the part that's better about MMOs even with 999+ ping most of the time, is that they're not static. Even with player-made quest mods, the single player games get stale after thousands of hours! So off to ESO - and since I no longer do group content, it doesn't matter if it takes me longer to get stuff done.

In WoW and RIFT I managed group content because I played only with family, and they knew about my high ping. I used to tank raids in WoW with my hunters - which was workable (daughter, SIL, and sister were NOT interested in tanking) because the pets were much better at holding aggro than they are here. I was definitely happy when nephew graduated from college and took up tanking though - damage was (and still is) my thing in games, not heals or tanking.

And now, with Oakensoul and 5 pieces of Hexos' Ward, I could do a little harder overland. I'm not sure how much harder - I still can't solo world bosses or dungeons - but still, I really do love the game as it is right now.

• WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for your response.
    Which part makes it enjoyable for you ?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your response.
    Which part makes it enjoyable for you ?

I can generally manage the needed combat for questing (which is what I enjoy - that and exploration) without too many deaths - outside of quest bosses like Vandacia and whatever that dragon's name in N Elsweyr is, or Molag Bal. Quest bosses kill me repeatedly - Molag Bal 5 times, that dragon 7 times (but at least he didn't retain all his hit points in between deaths), Vandacia about 5 or 6 times.

The "special attack" mechanisms (like the armor buff against Bal, and the archers against Vandacia) and "special shield" mechanism (against the dragon) don't work well with high ping; in fact, they're basically of no use to me because by the time I've keyed them, the timer is over.

• tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonyblack wrote: »

[snip]

Depends on what mobs. In overland they seemed way to easy to me from the very start, even for brand new character wearing random quest drops the risk of dying is so small that you barely have motivation to improve, experiment with gear, skills or pay attention to any mechanics and combat at all. They did seem to somewhat improve them in later dlcs as they try to cast different skills or abilities but low hp combined with low damage output makes them more of prettier decoration in comparison but functionality remained the same. Trials, dungeons and arenas have varying examples of even basic enemies providing memorable combat encounters with their own group sinergies, who pose a significant threat meaning you need to approach them carefully, eliminating them in certain order and not just aggro hundred of them to nuke in a single ultimate.

Cyrodiil guards are probably the perfect example of how regular mobs should be designed: everyone has own specialization: tank with high hp and resists (distract, debuff, stun, snare), healers with low hp and resists (heal allies by a lot, debuff, stun, negate), archers with average hp and resists (high single target and dot damage, debuff, stun, snare), mages with average hp and resists (high aoe and single target damage, stun, negate, self heal for elite).

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 11, 2022 12:24PM