Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Overland Content Feedback Thread

• TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    Fact is that overland is very dull and too easy!!! And that comes from casual player who plays with Nightblade.
    Even my wife thinks it's too easy and boring and she plays even less than me.

@SilverBride ((Not sure why are you defending this???))

Solution to this is to make it more rewarding and more difficult.

Difficulty slider is something that is possible to add and same with instances but ofc, there might be a better way.

PS: Want to note that we are casual players and we are not into joining with some huge guild that does trials.
    And if trials are only challenging and fun content then it's very bad design choice.
    Edited by TheS1X on November 21, 2022 9:26AM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold were veteran overland levels.

"Veteran ranks" from before champion points were a thing are not "Veteran Difficulty". It was just lvl 50 content with different enemy levels.

I completed both of these and they were for veteran level players. It was noticeably more difficult than what we have now and one of the reasons very few ever played through them.

CP5 wrote: »
    ...players here, like pvp'ers before among many other groups, are being left to the side and ignore for months and years, causing the games reputation to fall, its player base to shrink, and in the long term will cause the game to end sooner.For the long term health of the game something will either be done, or not, but if not then we'll see sooner than later what'll happen.

Overland has been this way for 6 years now since One Tamriel launched in October of 2016 and has been very successful. It is not making the game end sooner, but rather the opposite.

That's why my trial guild is effectively dead, and with my friends moving on to other games my only choices in game are: dungeon runs with pugs (which I did for years and am still tired of), vMA and vBRP which I've done both to death, and overland, which as I explained is so simple compared to the content I'm used to doing it is boring more than anything. Players exist beyond you and your friend group, with interest different than yours, they can add something as an alternative to help with this without taking anything from you, but as it stands some players are put off from even giving ESO a fair shot because of its simplicity and others, like me, have very little to do outside of group content and years worth of overland content on the back burner because they don't care to engage with content not even engaging enough to remember.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Players exist beyond you and your friend group, with interest different than yours, they can add something as an alternative to help with this without taking anything from you, but as it stands some players are put off from even giving ESO a fair shot because of its simplicity and others, like me, have very little to do outside of group content and years worth of overland content on the back burner because they don't care to engage with content not even engaging enough to remember.

My opinions are not just those of myself and my friends. In fact overland difficulty is something my friends and I have never talked about because we have no reason to.

I've been playing for many years now and have made friends with varied interests and joined different guilds, many of which are active in veteran content. I also have zone chat active and listen to what others are talking about. Yet not one time have I ever heard anyone in game say that they think overland is too easy or boring. Not once in all the years I've played.

Yes overland is easy for anyone who has put any effort into developing their character, but it is still a challenge for many. This may be boring to some but it's not to others. I like feeling powerful because it shows me how far I've come.

It is impossible for any game to be everything for everyone but I believe ESO does a pretty good job of it with a lot of varied activities for different playstyles. But we can't expect it to be everything to everyone.
    PCNA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I can manage a minor uptick in difficulty. But who's to determine how much that uptick is? No one ever posts a percentage.... They all just want "more difficulty"....
    Unless Zenimax starts paying me, it's not my job to write up design docs for a feature like this. Especially when it's going to be completely ignored like everything else everyone has said in here. I've always advocated for a scaling solution. Difficulty sliders, debuff mementos (not food, consumable = bad) or even world tiers Diablo-style.

All I know is when you have threads constantly complaining about the lack of difficulty in overland eventually resulting in this 137 page thread on top of everything said on social media about the lack of difficulty, there's clearly a problem with a lack of overland difficulty in the game.

You get more threads asking for many different Quality of Life features (try Survey Gathering) yet nothing happens on those either.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Auridon zone chat is a good place to go for gauging the health of the game, honestly. But in all seriousness, have you been taking what other people have been saying in this thread seriously? You have people here talking about things, because the state of the game has driven them out, are you in trial guilds and watched them wither away over months as patch after patch takes a close friend group and atrophy's it away? Have you been a part of pvp guilds and gone through the roller coaster ride that performance and a drought of content has dealt to them?

You are like most players, surrounding yourself with people with a similar view to you, going to places in game with people with a similar view to you. Do you know who else is in overland zones? Not pvp players, not players who are in vet trials or running dungeons. You're in zones with questers and traders and people having social chat because that is what the zone is for. ZOS can do more, expecting less than that is not doing their potential credit, but if they do nothing so consistently then yes I can see how it could be said to be 'impossible' to do everything. But we aren't asking for everything, we're asking for something, and it doesn't help that we're being consistently demonized for doing so.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that some players want a more difficult game, and ESO has plenty of places to find challenges for those who seek that. These challenges are not just in Veteran dungeons, trials and arenas, but also in overland in the form of World Bosses and Harrowstorms and Vents. But every single aspect of the game should not be customized to any one playstyle.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 22, 2022 1:50AM
    PCNA
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Last MMO I played that had the best Overland was Tibia...

Exploration was amazing as it was an open world PVP

If you died you lost XP, Skills, Levels and your some of your EQ, Inventory & gold.

There were monsters that could 1 hit you and there were monsters that you could 1 hit.

Each new cave you headed into was super intense as you never knew what was around the corner.

Combat was challenging as your play skills mattered, it's combat was based on your experience, just as some can do 130k dps and others can only do 30k. Skills mattered in overland as they do for us in Vet Trails.

I am apart of the 4% of ESO players base that would fancy that

Explainiing the Main 1st problem of Overland : No Fear of Death.

96% of you will disagree

ESO is currently made to be enjoyable by the masses.

If there is ever a slider... make it also possible to opt for full loot PVP with death having a consequence :smiley:

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

If you died you lost XP, Skills, Levels and your some of your EQ, Inventory & gold.

There were monsters that could 1 hit you and there were monsters that you could 1 hit.

Each new cave you headed into was super intense as you never knew what was around the corner.

Combat was challenging as your play skills mattered, it's combat was based on your experience, just as some can do 130k dps and others can only do 30k. Skills mattered in overland as they do for us in Vet Trails.

96% of you will disagree

If there is ever a slider... make it also possible to opt for full loot PVP with death having a consequence :smiley:

That just sounds.... no fun at all to me. Character death is NOT fun in any way shape or form. My internal RP does NOT include that at all. ESO's combat is already painfully difficult for me. So - yeah. I don't want it harder. I don't want to die every time I turn around. NOT FUN.

Each to her own.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Veteran players are given a Veteran Overland then Casual players should be given Solo Dungeons, Trials and Arenas and a PvE version of Cyrodiil. And PvPers should be given Open World PvP and Public Dungeons in Cyrodiil.

If the game is going to be customized to any one playstyle then it should be customized to all of them equally.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 22, 2022 7:31AM
    PCNA
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly developers abandoned PvP, I just hope they don't do same with PvE.

If this game want to have good PvE experience, there should be option to make it difficult because not everyone like easy content.

I'm not here to bash ESO, I actually really think that ESO needs difficulty slider for overland and I believe it will help this game a lot on the long run.
    Something good too - I enjoy that every quest is voice acted. There is no other MMO that could keep up with that.
    I like pickpocketing, able to go in houses, murder npcs... There's lot to love.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Veteran players are given a Veteran Overland then Casual players should be given Solo Dungeons, Trials and Arenas and a PvE version of Cyrodiil. And PvPers should be given Open World PvP and Public Dungeons in Cyrodiil.

It’s fair to ask for those things and I am in favor of solo dungeons and trials. The more options for us, the better the game is for everyone.

However, the existence of a veteran overland option is not contingent upon whether or not their is equity between different players preferred modes of play.

If you truly want those options and are not just trying to use them as leverage in your crusade to crush an optional veteran overland then please make a thread highlighting the need for an additional solo option for group activities.
    Edited by Malthorne on November 22, 2022 2:39PM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

96% of you will disagree

That just sounds.... no fun at all to me. Character death is NOT fun in any way shape or form. My internal RP does NOT include that at all. ESO's combat is already painfully difficult for me. So - yeah. I don't want it harder. I don't want to die every time I turn around. NOT FUN.

Each to her own.

Yeah its a niche point of view, but as we are all brainstorming our personal feedback I wanted to just add it up.
    It would be there only for people the same way Hard Mode is there in Trails.
    I understand that some players want a more difficult game, and ESO has plenty of places to find challenges for those who seek that. These challenges are not just in Veteran dungeons, trials and arenas, but also in overland in the form of World Bosses and Harrowstorms and Vents. But every single aspect of the game should not be customized to any one playstyle.

This point of view says that " But every single aspect of the game should not be customized to any one playstyle"

Then you said

If the game is going to be customized to any one playstyle then it should be customized to all of them equally.

"If the game is going to be customized to any one playstyle then it should be customized to all of them equally"

Which one of those do you wish to see more in game?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But every single aspect of the game should not be customized to any one playstyle.

Then you said

Which one of those do you wish to see more in game?

In my opinion it is not fair to favor one playstyle and customize the entire game to their preferences unless they are going to give equal consideration to all the other playstyles. But I don't feel any of these changes are necessary because ESO already has something for everyone just as it is.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 22, 2022 6:17PM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally in favor of giving a vet overland option in the form of a debuff toggle. And solo story dungeons, that don't have group drops. I wouldn't favor a PvE Cyrodiil because PvP population is already struggling with low numbers. In general, I don't think additional options should come at too great of an expense of the population of the people already engaged in the content. So, a story mode for dungeons shouldn't come with gear, transmutes, etc. or count for pledges so as not to pull too many people from the group dungeons.
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    We talk about how great quests are but how can a quest be great if there is all this build up for some final showdown that lasts mere seconds? It makes for horrible story telling. No matter how much its voice acted or worked on. You cant put that much effort into the setup and then drop the ball on the most important part of the story and still call it great.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cptscotty wrote: »
    We talk about how great quests are but how can a quest be great if there is all this build up for some final showdown that lasts mere seconds? It makes for horrible story telling. No matter how much its voice acted or worked on. You cant put that much effort into the setup and then drop the ball on the most important part of the story and still call it great.

Because for many of us, combat is not the most important part of the story. It's a part, and certainly what sets these stories apart from say tv shows or YouTube videos. But, it's not the most important. For me, the most important part of the story are characterization and plot. Setting is also more important to me than gameplay. So, I I can still enjoy questing regardless of the gameplay. But I basically have to be in the mood for a walking sim.

This said, gameplay is NOT unimportant to me. It certainly makes the scene feel weak and anti-climatic when the supposedly world ending threats are defeated so easily that I have to actively purposefully sabotage my own gameplay to make them feel stronger. That's really, really lame. I think a major reason the story experience is so much better when your newer is because combat on such a weak character is actually far more engaging than on a strong one. Those of us with a lot of power simply aren't getting the same story experience as new players.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We talk about how great quests are but how can a quest be great if there is all this build up for some final showdown that lasts mere seconds?

The main story bosses in the past few chapters and DLCs all have phases where they are invulnerable and the player needs to figure out the mechanics and what they need to accomplish so they will be vulnerable again. These fights can take several minutes, not mere seconds. A lot of the base game bosses don't have these phases and are quicker to kill but they still take more than just a couple of seconds for most players.

spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Those of us with a lot of power simply aren't getting the same story experience as new players.

If a character progresses and becomes more powerful their experience will be different from a new player. But that doesn't mean that the world now needs to adjust to them.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 23, 2022 4:35PM
    PCNA
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Because for many of us, combat is not the most important part of the story. It's a part, and certainly what sets these stories apart from say tv shows or YouTube videos. But, it's not the most important. For me, the most important part of the story are characterization and plot. Setting is also more important to me than gameplay. So, I I can still enjoy questing regardless of the gameplay. But I basically have to be in the mood for a walking sim.

This said, gameplay is NOT unimportant to me. It certainly makes the scene feel weak and anti-climatic when the supposedly world ending threats are defeated so easily that I have to actively purposefully sabotage my own gameplay to make them feel stronger. That's really, really lame. I think a major reason the story experience is so much better when your newer is because combat on such a weak character is actually far more engaging than on a strong one. Those of us with a lot of power simply aren't getting the same story experience as new players.

Before I stopped playing earlier I ran a test as a new player. I leveled up a character to max in complete level 1 starter gear. The game started easy...and to my surprise...got even easier as I leveled. Some of the issues I had to report bugs on because I just honestly couldnt believe the situation...it was that bad. Like managing to do more damage without a weapon equipped...its really weird the scaling as you level up currently.

New players are stuck with this bad situation for quite some time before they are ever even close to anything different. To them...this is all they know...we know better but they dont. We as a community of course try to convince them to stick with it for greener pastures...but as they level up it doesnt get better...it gets worst, especially around level 40. So the new player gets confused and has to decide whether to:
    1. stick with it
    2. just consider the game easy, relaxing, and more of a solo walking sim and thus no need for the typical MMO mindset to push for harder content with better gear
    3. or leave and play something else.

This eventually translates to the rest of us suffering from people who dont really have a drive to get into harder content and thus harder for us to find groups (pve or pvp). As well as the eventual veteran players who move on to something else in life and not as many new players coming in to fill back the ranks.

If we as a community want better endgame experiences for that good group content...and we all do...we need the Dev-Team to work on creating a better first time experience into ESO and that starts with overhauling the first thing players deal with...overland questing content.

That probably means altering the typical Elder Scrolls difficulty scaling...but as a reminder, and I do hope the devs read this...the difficulty scaling you see in Skyrim was based on the character only having 2 possible weapon/spells active at once in left/right hand and it was a pain to switch constantly so it was better that enemies died in just a couple hits....ESO has many options available for the character at once so its not the same.

Show players just how awesome ESO combat really is by letting them actually be in that combat longer for more than a few seconds.

Suggestion for fix:
    If a difficulty option, like in other Elder Scrolls, is too difficult to implement or goes against a design the devs have...then why not for a quick fix:
    • increase the armor of every hostile character in non group instance by say 20% (just an example of a value)
    • provide a potion/enchant/item that a player can craft that bypasses armor by 20%
    • limit the item to only non-instanced content
    • limit XP gains on non-instanced enemy kills while using item by 25%
    • raise XP gains on non-instance enemy kills by 25%

All fights would last a little longer so new players would get to use their full build and enjoy all the cool spells. The extra time would be rewarded accordingly. No need to worry about actual difficulty increase in this setup because the damage output of enemies is not changed. Vet players would have something they can craft and possibly sell that a lot of vet players would want. Anyone who wanted the easier faster kills who enjoyed just the story...would get more of the story because they would have to spend more time in it due to reduced XP.

Not necessarily a difficulty fix but something that could be done cheap and fast for the meantime.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This eventually translates to the rest of us suffering from people who dont really have a drive to get into harder content and thus harder for us to find groups (pve or pvp). As well as the eventual veteran players who move on to something else in life and not as many new players coming in to fill back the ranks.

Players are not responsible to get into end game challenging content so those who do will have more players to do the content with. Making overland more difficult will only frustrate those players who do not want a challenge in the story making them the ones who are then suffering.

The bottom line is that it is not fair that every single aspect of the game be customized for any one play style.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 23, 2022 5:30PM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a character progresses and becomes more powerful their experience will be different from a new player. But that doesn't mean that the world now needs to adjust to them.

There should be something though, so that normal progress doesn't break the game. This is why a debuff slider is a needed feature. The best way to play should never be to not play but at this point I'm better off treating boss fights as cutscenes and letting a companion handle all but the busy work mechs.

A debuff slider solves this issue without disrupting the gameplay of those who like the game as it is.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 23, 2022 6:00PM
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭

Players are not responsible to get into end game challenging content so those who do will have more players to do the content with. Making overland more difficult will only frustrate those players who do not want a challenge in the story making them the ones who are then suffering.

The bottom line is that it is not fair that every single aspect of the game be customized for any one play style.

No...but it is the responsibility of the dev team to encourage people to join that endgame content and stick with the game long enough to achieve this. That is a definite responsibility...and if its ever lacking in any game like ESO then the game eventually fails.

This is the only MMO I know of where these discussions are taken place in this way and its really weird. Never seen an MMO cater to the older experienced player in such a way that they actually consider keeping questing so easy a valid option. Most just provide items/gear to experienced players that make that part of the game easier. Like leveling sets or just going in with endgame gear. Also they ensure that each new expansion the leveling is not equal to the older easy content but it provides a slight challenge till of course the character completes it and gets all the cool new items that make it easier. Give players something to work towards.

In other words...ESO is the only MMO i know of where the players dont earn the reward of easier questing...they are just given it right off the bat. Like everyone is given a trophy without putting in the work to earn it...not a good feeling.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other words...ESO is the only MMO i know of where the players dont earn the reward of easier questing...they are just given it right off the bat. Like everyone is given a trophy without putting in the work to earn it...not a good feeling.

I have played other ones where the game got progressively harder. And it's better that way. The more you learn, the more challenges you can take on, and the bigger bragging rights you earn.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players are not responsible to get into end game challenging content so those who do will have more players to do the content with.

No...but it is the responsibility of the dev team to encourage people to join that endgame content and stick with the game long enough to achieve this.

End game veteran content is not the only valid goal of any MMO. Pushing every player into end game veteran content is not the developers' responsibility any more than pushing every player into PvP or Housing or ToT. The development team realizes that there are different playstyles and that they should provide activities that appeal to all the different groups, not just one. And they do a very good job of that.

This is the only MMO I know of where these discussions are taken place in this way and its really weird.

This I can agree with. I have played multiple MMOs and not once in any of these have I ever seen players complain that the story and questing zones were too easy and should be made more difficult for end game players. End game players in all these other MMOs utilize the content created for this, such as veteran dungeons and raids. This is the only game that I've seen any one group request that the base game to be customized for their particular playstyle.
    PCNA
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I personally don't find quests great at all if the game guides you to how to solve them.

Every single quest in ESO and current games is "Follow the Quest Marker"

Find the Harborage = Follow the Quest Marker

Solve the Riddle = click on the huge Arrows

Find the secret book = follow the quest marker and click on the huge arrow

2500 quests are like this... is that really questing ?

Or is it "Follow the Quest Marker clicking game"

As much as the boss can be killed easily with a few spells, finding them and getting to solve how to take them down is displayed with Quest markers that make questing a follow quest markers clicking simulator.

Hence why one of my ESOs passions is to bring TES3 questing into ESO with an addon called Immersive Quests.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • tobov119
    tobov119
    ✭✭
    Lead drop rates for mythic items in dungeons and everywhere else is beyond ridiculous. Someone please explain to me why I should have to run Vaults of Madness 25+ times trying to get one mythic lead for the Shapeshifter mythic, and it still hasn't dropped yet?

Does anyone think it is enjoyable to spend days and days and days running two dungeons for the last two mythic leads you need to complete a mythic, running one dungeon 25+ times and the other 15+ times, and the leads still have not dropped? I don't find it enjoyable at all. I guess this game is trying to discourage obtaining mythics.

I don't have anything bad to say about overland content. I like the overland content, however, there needs to be balance. Some of the quests are just run here and run there and very un-interesting.

I wish that you would make 4-person dungeons have a toggle to put them into some kind of difficulty mode that would be reasonable to be able to run the dungeon by yourself, but it not take over an hour to do. Yes, I can run Vaults of Madness by myself. But do I want to spend 45 minutes doing it? No. With the right 4 people, I can run it in about 8 minutes. But if I have to rely on PUGS and then I have to wait in que for 33 minutes or more, what's the point?

Mythics, crafting, leveling your horse, those aspects ARE NOT casual player friendly. I'm starting to believe that this game was developed with players who intend to spend 8+ hours a day playing the game instead of the casual, maybe 10 or 20 hours a week, casual player. If that's not the case, then why does it take 6 months of daily interaction with the game to level a horse all the way? Why am I still, after 9+ months, just now finally leveling jewelry crafting all the way and just now on my last research trait on one of my toons? Was it intended that leveling and researching crafting all the way, was supposed to take 9, 10, 12, 14 months, for the casual player? If so, why?

I spent months and months and months playing the game, leveling crafting, researching every trait, and GOT EXACTLY NOTHING FOR THE EFFORT. Well, I guess I can make every craftable set now, but the craftable sets, other than a few of them, does anyone actually use for mid-level or higher level content? So what's the point in crafting if the sets you can craft aren't very good for anything?

There are too many sets in this game. Take a break from making new sets and fix the lag issues that are starting to be a problem in PvE, OVERLAND content. If you don't think there's lag in PvE, log in and play at 7pm CST using the average Internet connection and go run a dungeon or a trial or go somewhere where there are a lot of people nearby.

• TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭

I personally don't find quests great at all if the game guides you to how to solve them.

As much as the boss can be killed easily with a few spells, finding them and getting to solve how to take them down is displayed with Quest markers that make questing a follow quest markers clicking simulator.

Hence why one of my ESOs passions is to bring TES3 questing into ESO with an addon called Immersive Quests.

Where do I find such addon?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheS1X wrote: »

@WiseSky is still working on it IIRC.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • tobov119
    tobov119
    ✭✭
    Get rid of all armor and weapon/spell damage buffs. We have 10 skill slots and half of them, or sometimes more than half of them, are taken up by buff or de-buff spells, leaving most builds with one spammable and then light/heavy attacks, which you completely ruined de-buffing the heavy attack. It is redundant and boring to go cast a buff spell very 20 seconds. Let me focus on being able to cast cool spells or cool attacks.

• WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheS1X wrote: »

We are working on it currently. I will keep you posted and make a forum thread about it
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No...but it is the responsibility of the dev team to encourage people to join that endgame content and stick with the game long enough to achieve this. That is a definite responsibility...and if its ever lacking in any game like ESO then the game eventually fails.
    I haven't posted in this thread for a while because it's been just a circle of people saying the same thing, including myself. However, this is just incorrect. It isn't the devs' responsibility to make every single player try to do endgame content just as it isn't their responsibility to make everyone try to do PvP or housing. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that every single player needs to be funneled into endgame PvE, because if that was the point of the game all the other playstyles wouldn't exist. They can encourage, which they already do with Titles and Mounts and other rewards for those harder things, but it isn't their place to say "every single person playing needs to cater to how other people like playing the game".

I've said before that an optional difficulty slider would be the only way they could realistically make the game harder for people who want it while keeping the difficulty the same for the people who are fine with it now or having trouble. But implementing a slider like that is likely not an easy thing to do, and in the meantime I would rather Overland, which is meant for EVERYONE to be able to complete regardless of skill level, to remain that way. And I say that as someone who's been playing since closed beta.

And one more point I keep repeating that no one seems able (or willing) to answer is how hard is hard enough and how hard is too hard? Most people who say the game is too easy seem to be those who are veterans, used to the game and knowing what they're doing. You can get better at a game but aside from health conditions/aging you don't generally get worse or lose the skills you learn.

The reason things are easy to you is because you have experience. And with that in mind, what happens if you do get harder Overland and then get used to that and it becomes easy to you? Do you demand Veteran Vet Overland with even more difficulty? Do you demand that things become harder every time you get used to the new increase? When is hard, hard enough? Because what I see happening is the devs implementing some sort of difficulty increase but people within months saying it's still too easy and wanting it even harder.

I'm saying all this genuinely btw, I'm not trying to be snarky or anything. Trust me, I understand that stuff being too easy can be frustrating, like stuff being too hard can be frustrating. But the difference is that harder stuff by design isn't meant to be cleared by just any casual, while Overland is. And I say THIS as someone who really wants the Beast Personality but knows she can't get it because she just doesn't have the ability to get No-Death on Vet for MoS (for multiple reasons).

Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!