The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Real stamwhip

Wellsley
Wellsley
✭✭✭
We need a stamwhip with a stamina cost, not just scalling with hightest offensive stats.
Only this would "finally end the fiery and age-old debate over getting a Stamina Whip".

Maybe next week ? 🤔
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, it's funny they reference it being a stamina whip while it costing magicka..

But hey, we're not on the PTS yet, maybe they didn't mention the cost dynamically scales too? (Doubt it).
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • orothil
    orothil
    ✭✭
    Agreed, it's funny they reference it being a stamina whip while it costing magicka..

But hey, we're not on the PTS yet, maybe they didn't mention the cost dynamically scales too? (Doubt it).

The cost dynamically scaling would be perfect but I highly doubt it.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Magicka skill on a dot is fine like soul trap or even blockade, but on a spammable it would seem like you'll never sustain it, ESPECIALLY in PVP.

PvE.. you might : Charged x combustion and battle roar you might actually get away with it using tri stat food and all other stamina skills; too lazy to do the math, will you parse for me. I'm a MagDK
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On another note, a magicka cost sounds like a massive sustain buff if a Stam DK can manage it.. Thats like 6-8 casts every 14s at 2300 magicka? A drain of 1300 magicka a second, may be possible to handle with some burning procs via combustion, but I doubt you can fit FoO in there too.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 20, 2021 9:02PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another note, a magicka cost sounds like a massive sustain buff if a Stam DK can manage it.. Thats like 6-8 casts every 14s at 2300 magicka? A drain of 1300 magicka a second, may be possible to handle with some burning procs via combustion, but I doubt you can fit FoO in there too.

That's the potential right there. If you can find a way to make it work on your magicka pool without giving up too much, then it's a sustain dream having your spammable not cost any of your primary resource.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's the potential right there. If you can find a way to make it work on your magicka pool without giving up too much, then it's a sustain dream having your spammable not cost any of your primary resource.

I'm thinking you could do stam/mag food instead of stam/stam regen food or even Sugar Skulls if you wanted more health for a little less resources. Maybe flame/poison enchant with DW nirn + charged would be enough to sustain with the new combustion passive.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, DK has excellent hybrid sustain in the tank form in PvE, with the buff to Battle Roar it's better than ever for all DKs. We wanted something other classes don't have - does anyone else have an off-resource spammable?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "May this finally end the fiery and age-old debate over getting a Stamina Whip."

Age-old Stam Whip debate intensifies.

ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »
    A Magicka skill on a dot is fine like soul trap or even blockade, but on a spammable it would seem like you'll never sustain it, ESPECIALLY in PVP.

PvE.. you might : Charged x combustion and battle roar you might actually get away with it using tri stat food and all other stamina skills; too lazy to do the math, will you parse for me. I'm a MagDK

Does charged work on the backbar? Or does it have to be on the front bar
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually super looking forward to using the armory on my nord dk tank to setup as a proper stamdk with flame whip...
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »

Does charged work on the backbar? Or does it have to be on the front bar

Charged will only work as you're holding the weapon.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hybrid whip is nice and all, but can't wait for stamwhip.
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    RIP the Poison Whip dream tho :cry:
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Keep fighting.. Soul Trap changes based on highest offensive stats, maybe not the cost, but the damage type. It's 100% possible, if anything we're closer to that dream :P
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭

For pvp i think there are too many interesting magic skills :
    - Cauterize, dragon blood ?, fragmented shield
    - Petrify ?
    - Volatile armor
    - Protective scale ?
    - Elusive mist or race against time
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wellsley wrote: »

For pvp i think there are too many interesting magic skills :
    - Cauterize, dragon blood ?, fragmented shield
    - Petrify ?
    - Volatile armor
    - Protective scale ?
    - Elusive mist or race against time

Yeah I was mainly thinking about pve there.. You could maybe just use it for the burst potential when you leap. Invest a little more into mag regen and less into stam regen.

Charged and combustion is also buffed, you can get more sustain there. I can see someone making it work if it's worth it, even for pvp.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭

Poison whip would be nice with green animation 👍
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly they can keep the new Flame Whip the way it is and change Stone Giant to a poison morph ( change the name of the morph too ).
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does it matter if it's Poison Damage in 2021? Ignoring anything about sustain and costs, what? Swamp Raider and Scavenging Demise? It will hit harder against Heavy Armor if it's Flame, also gives us a way to proc Burning. The only other thing I can think of is Poison Whip would hit WW harder, on Flame it will hit Vampires a little harder until Undeath makes it not, but I'm probably missing something.

Also this way we can choose between the different secondary effects of the two morphs, which is nice, rather than just getting 1 Stam morph.

Edited by Urzigurumash on September 21, 2021 3:50AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they would changed it, they probably make it like the soul skil where the damage type is determined by the highest offensive stats physical or magical and in case of lava whip it is going to be fire or ...poison?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wellsley wrote: »
    We need a stamwhip with a stamina cost, not just scalling with hightest offensive stats.
    Only this would "finally end the fiery and age-old debate over getting a Stamina Whip".

Maybe next week ? 🤔

I see this as a hybrid build option for a DK. My interpretation of the quip is that this is all that they are going to do for whip.

A hybrid friendly skill mixed with the homogenized set bonuses that they are rolling out will make it a possibility to gear both stamina and magicka sets in a hybrid build. In this way the build can use both magicka and stamina skills and provide power and regen for both. The whip drawing from the stamina offensive stat means you don't lose offensive power when using the magicka whip in a predominately stamina build.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭
    What does it matter if it's Poison Damage in 2021? Ignoring anything about sustain and costs, what? Swamp Raider and Scavenging Demise? It will hit harder against Heavy Armor if it's Flame, also gives us a way to proc Burning. The only other thing I can think of is Poison Whip would hit WW harder, on Flame it will hit Vampires a little harder until Undeath makes it not, but I'm probably missing something.

Also this way we can choose between the different secondary effects of the two morphs, which is nice, rather than just getting 1 Stam morph.

I like the Flame Whip the way it is too. I think the Stone Giant skill should change to a poison morph
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    guys pls stop mimimi i tested it yesterday its so easy to sustain this mag skill its easier than if it would cost stamina!
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys pls stop mimimi i tested it yesterday its so easy to sustain this mag skill its easier than if it would cost stamina!

In PvE maybe, magdrain on stamdk in pvp is high compared to other classes with igneous, Volatile, cauterize, in those circumstances it's questionable that you can sustain it properly on top of lacking tools like heavy attacks or minor mag steal
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    VarisVaris wrote: »

In PvE maybe, magdrain on stamdk in pvp is high compared to other classes with igneous, Volatile, cauterize, in those circumstances it's questionable that you can sustain it properly on top of lacking tools like heavy attacks or minor mag steal

i play pvp tested it sustain wise easy
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    VarisVaris wrote: »

i play pvp tested it sustain wise easy

swaped serpent for atro used tri stat pods
    max stat food
    woodelf
    0 other sourced of reg
    === ez sustain
    Edited by KhajiitLivesMatter on September 21, 2021 1:33PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will test to be certain, but it seems ok to me. Put a fire glyph on your front bar weapon (will proc burning) and then your other sustain is going to come from Battle Roar anyway which gives all resources and was buffed. The biggest compromise you will have to possibly make is running sugar skulls for a higher magicka pool.

You will generally only have time for 2 or 3 spammables per rotation anyway.
    Playing since beta...
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer magicka whip too, it's nice to have option to utilize magicka not only as buffs, etc but also for pure damage. Overall sustain should be much better with other changes, so it should work well. We will see on PTS how it works in action.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do not understand why just one of the morphs is just turned into a stam version.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on how sustain works in practice it could be great for a stam based toon running Bahsei.