Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Will you be getting the new Merchant and Banker?

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to get them but honestly I don't really need them and I imagine the guy carrying them comes with them, one thing I like about the Afliq assistants is they are small so have less chance of body blocking you.
  • Monroe585
    Monroe585
    ✭✭✭
    No
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Never saw much of a need for the originals since I like to keep my inventory pretty empty in the first place, and if I do need one, one of my groupmates will usually have it out already.

Besides, never really been into the Crows/Nocturnal stuff in the first place.

However, I will say it's nice to see them release. I knew when they were datamined that they'd be a big hit, and I'm really tired of seeing things end up dying in the datamines without ever seeing the light of day (cries in character cosmetics)
  • priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO
    I’m pretty sure they could create a submenu for helpers. You buy the functionality for 5000 crowns and a default ‘skin’; any additional skins are 1000 - 2000’ish crowns a pop and you can swap them out easily. I think a lot more people would go for that than a handful of whales dropping 5000.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seem I won't get a smoking hot (so it's not a mer) male banker. So at least it's not a stinky funservice cat or an ugly mer
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe eventually but not right now. If I had the money then it would be straight away.
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already have a merchant and a banker but I may be tempted by the crows.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not at the beginning, maybe once they are on sale or so.
    I love my alfiqs.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m pretty sure they could create a submenu for helpers. You buy the functionality for 5000 crowns and a default ‘skin’; any additional skins are 1000 - 2000’ish crowns a pop and you can swap them out easily. I think a lot more people would go for that than a handful of whales dropping 5000.

That would be awesome. Then the look of merchants/bankers could be expanded upon without feeling like getting ripped off for buying more than one.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I own default assistants, so I don't need any reskins. Basic assistants are okay, and new reskins don't offer any new functionality.
    But I will wait for showcase - if those crows really sit on the arm of my character, and fly behind when he moves (or maybe sit on the character's shoulder when he moves?)... I will buy merchant most likely, just for that roleplay :) Maybe I will even be patient and wait for sale someday.

So, the most important question: has anyone already bought these new assistants and can showcase them please? :blush:
    Edited by Fischblut on July 1, 2021 3:05PM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I own default assistants, so I don't need any reskins. Basic assistants are okay, and new reskins don't offer any new functionality.
    But I will wait for showcase - if those crows really sit on the arm of my character, and fly behind when he moves (or maybe sit on the character's shoulder when he moves?)... I will buy merchant most likely, just for that roleplay :) Maybe I will even be patient and wait for sale someday.

So, the most important question: has anyone already bought these new assistants and can showcase them please? :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WmJw8dVmN0&ab_channel=RobinHoodGaming
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WmJw8dVmN0&ab_channel=RobinHoodGaming

OMG Okay I thought the people asking the crows to sit on your arm were asking for too much, but ZOS did it! And I am IN LOVE that is so awesome! Best possible outcome in how these guys are handled.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I caved in but could only comfortably afford one. So I go the banker crow. They are a flying pet that follows you and when you talk to them they land on your arm. Alphawolf01A's video is how it is!
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caved in but could only comfortably afford one. So I go the banker crow. They are a flying pet that follows you and when you talk to them they land on your arm. Alphawolf01A's video is how it is!

Not my video. Just found it on youtube. Full credit to the youtube poster.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never buy a new merchant or banker for a re-skin unless they give current merchant/banker owners a hefty discount and the skin is unusually cool.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 1, 2021 5:01PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a banker or a merchant because I never felt the need. But as much as I love Crows I may have to get this one.
    PCNA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy another banker and merchant until they add guild bank and repair functions to them.
    I have both originals on multiple accounts already.
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 1, 2021 5:15PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nice! Not as nice as I imagined though... I hoped the crow would sit on the arm of my character when he is standing still, so it would be possible to pose with the crow for screenshots at different angles :( Still, we can at least take screenshots from the interaction menu :)

I will be waiting for the sale on the merchant crow.
    ...Or if the next crate season will be boring, I won't wait :D
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might get the merchant eventually as I don't have one yet.

Banker seems useless to me as my bank is always full anyway, and all my stuff is spread across different characters ans storage chests ...
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Going to buy both later tonight. I am in love with them
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seeing the price now I will have to decline. I'd have bought one for half what they're asking, though.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, as the pioneer that started the informal Blackfeather Court Assistants Campaign here on the forums, I am honor bound to acquire these shiniest trinkets, these great prizes! 🐦✨
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had been planning to buy the banker when the datamine was first posted, so long as it didn't come with a handler or have any other unforeseen drawbacks. I had foregone either assistant thus far, not really thinking I needed one as I could just run to town. But I decided that it would be good to have a banker in the house and while out and about for easier inventory management, especially when I don't have a Plus sub.

I just placed him in the house and can already see how helpful it will be to have a personal banker. Also, fyi for anyone who may be interested, the coin in his claw makes it difficult to place him on flat ground, as the coin floats a bit higher than the other claw. I had to rotate him a bit (a couple presses of 3 in the housing menu) in order to even him out so one claw wasn't floating or clipping. He also hops and flaps quite a bit when you're in the bank menu when he's placed in your house, which I know will bug some people, but I don't mind it. Overall, I love the uniqueness of this banker and how they managed to pull off the landing on your arm animation. Plus the writing and voice is delightful.

I hope that mini review is helpful to people considering the banker, and I imagine the merchant will be the same minus the minor coin-in-claw issue :)
    PC NA
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will you be getting the new Merchant and Banker?

No.

Spending time / money chasing a cosmetic update like this is a complete waste of time, money and resources.

If they added assistants that gave us different functions (ie Post Auctions, Repair Equipment, Sell generic dungeon items like lockpicks/food/pots etc) then I'd go after them.

But this chasing 'skins' for existing models that provide zero new function at all is for the birds! (no pun intended!)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    I had been planning to buy the banker when the datamine was first posted, so long as it didn't come with a handler or have any other unforeseen drawbacks. I had foregone either assistant thus far, not really thinking I needed one as I could just run to town. But I decided that it would be good to have a banker in the house and while out and about for easier inventory management, especially when I don't have a Plus sub.

I just placed him in the house and can already see how helpful it will be to have a personal banker. Also, fyi for anyone who may be interested, the coin in his claw makes it difficult to place him on flat ground, as the coin floats a bit higher than the other claw. I had to rotate him a bit (a couple presses of 3 in the housing menu) in order to even him out so one claw wasn't floating or clipping. He also hops and flaps quite a bit when you're in the bank menu when he's placed in your house, which I know will bug some people, but I don't mind it. Overall, I love the uniqueness of this banker and how they managed to pull off the landing on your arm animation. Plus the writing and voice is delightful.

I hope that mini review is helpful to people considering the banker, and I imagine the merchant will be the same minus the minor coin-in-claw issue :)

I have Ezabi, and not looking to replace her. But I don't have a merchant, and I will be buying the Blackfeather Court merchant (four times eventually....)

Thanks for the review, and enjoy your banker!
  • phil.maricel08ub17_ESO
    No, because I'm still waiting on the imperial banker and altmer merchant which was datamined years ago!

They don't have to be some "premium" version, I honestly just want them as normal ones. We're now getting unusual daedra as banker/merchant before them.

eSVL8gd.jpg
    Eucijjr.jpg

I dont have a banker or merchant, but I would pay for the little Altmer merchant lol.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hated these bankers and merchants because the price is just ridiculous but these crows really piqued my interest and I may now just splurge and get them. Damn you ZOS! LOL
  • priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO
    https://i.imgur.com/Eucijjr.jpg

They both look awesome - I’d probably have paid a 1000’ish for them as a new skin if they’d ever been released.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    love the crows but wont spend that kind of crowns on something i already have. now if they offered an upgrade for say 1k crowns, i would go for it, even if i had to give up my cats.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Will depend on the price. If they're 5000 crowns each, then I will pass...

Yes, eventually there will be a discount, either for everyone or for ESO Plus people.

i got my cats on a 50% sale. 2 for 1 :) i have never seen them offered at that price again.