Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Will you be getting the new Merchant and Banker?

• Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    I am purposely holding out for the banker crow
    I already have the redguard merchant and am not keen on paying such a steep price again, but... I have no banker.

you can place the crow on the merchant's shoulder in your house :)
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I wonder why Zenimax does not sell these as skins at a price that would still be advantageous for them. I would expect some players that already have merchants would be interested in changing their appearance without paying full price again.

not sure skins work on other types of items but the type they fit? so you could have different skins to change the color of the crows, but not make cats into crows.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Actually, I dont´ feel a need for a banker or merchant, but probably I will buy one, just because it´s the blackfeather court :D

the banker will prob be the most useful. i use mine out and about all the time.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought them both [snip]
    But thankfully I only had the original merchant so not much was lost.

[edited for language]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 2, 2021 1:07PM
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tempted to… it took me a while to cough up for the original merchant and much later the banker helpers. Then, shortly after the other two appeared on crown store. If there was a DISCOUNT for folks that already own the existing helpers then I’d think about picking them up. Spending 5000 again for a model swap with no additional functionality is a bit too much for me.

and a mighty steep discount, too. like 1k ea as an upgrade price.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    Well I must admit I have a penchant for crows.

In game: They are wry, cheeky, often obnoxious and always have this dry humor that by far transcends the other humoristic characters. Apologies to Rigurt the Brash as I love him too.

IRL: They are really good acquaintances and really clever in the few encounters I've had in our forest. Like magpies they love the shiny, I showed them my grandchild's shiny rubbish and they stole it while I was pretending not to look ;) One crow sometimes eats from my hand.

I love Unfathomable Darkness armor set for the added crows even if it's not ideal for my stats.

Now... brainstorming... a crow companion would be a really amazing twist to the Companion branch. Just think of their amusing conversations compared to the generic companions.

Thankfully I have a new character: alone, poor and struggling on PC-NA. As I already have the generic banker and merchant on PC-EU I think I will get the crow assistants for my n00b.

that would be crowstorming.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andre_Noir wrote: »
    Seem I won't get a smoking hot (so it's not a mer) male banker. So at least it's not a stinky funservice cat or an ugly mer

head over to the western skyrim thieves den and check out the dunmer banker. imo, smoking hot. would prefer he didnt have red eyes, tho.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Might get the merchant eventually as I don't have one yet.

Banker seems useless to me as my bank is always full anyway, and all my stuff is spread across different characters ans storage chests ...

yeah the main point of the banker is to dump stuff on the fly since bankers are few and far between, unlike merchants.
  • Kadraeus
    Kadraeus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm tempted but bankers and merchants are too expensive for my taste, especially since my personal endgame is Fashion Scrolls. If I had 5,000 crowns, I'd rather spend them on motifs.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Already got Ezzy and Fezzy.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iarao wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Might get the merchant eventually as I don't have one yet.

Banker seems useless to me as my bank is always full anyway, and all my stuff is spread across different characters ans storage chests ...

yeah the main point of the banker is to dump stuff on the fly since bankers are few and far between, unlike merchants.

What I could really use as an assistant is something that lets me deconstruct items on the go. Like a little scamp with a hammer and anvil or the like, lol.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love them a lot (and the blackfeather court in general) but I already have the original 2 assistants and won't spend that much money just for a new look.

As others have suggested, if they would give a heavy discount for people who already have a banker/merchant, I would likely get the crows (and the cats as well). But not as it is now.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am tempted.

I find the Blackfeather lot rather endearing and after having seen them 'in action' the whole proposition is rather charming.

Said that it might need to wait a while until either crowns or the feathered ones themselves are on offer.

I already have a banker and a merchant that perform their duties well...
  • ScaniX
    ScaniX
    ✭✭✭
    I have the cute cats, but I'd love to have the crows as well. I will wait for a discount, though.
    PS5 - Dolchsturz - Werwolfzauberer & Vampirtempler
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not had a banker & merchant assistant, and I was planning to get one. I did not wanted the alfiqs because of how annoying those were as NPCs in Elsweyr (extremely high pitch voices that fit more to a little girl, rather than a cat). Doing quests in Elsweyr that had Alfiqs was a traumatised experience for me I guess. I get it, they are cute and stuff, but it just was not for me.

And then I saw Raven assistants...

Not only it "fits" as Ravens tend to be associated with greed and are attracted by shiny objects, but also they were given ideal personalities. I mean they have interesting dialogue lines and they fit everywhere. I can place them in my house and they will stand there on some crates. Thematically, those Ravens can fit into any house.

Also when you summon them outside of a house, they fly behind you, but when you activate them , they SIT ON YOUR HAND :o:D

I mean that is soo nice. Attention to detail. It one of those things I like. It turns a mediocre mount / pet into something amazing. A Raven animation landing on your hand. Something trivial, right ? And actually probably less than 1h of work for someone who makes 3D animations professionally , so it is not something that requires tons of extra work. I love when games do that. It is kinda shame that we don't see it more often and instead we get a lazy re-skin mounts (like for example lizard mounts or recent welwa that is a re-skin of Elsweyr's mount).

Custome animations & attention to details. We need more of that.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 2, 2021 10:48AM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did not had a banker & merchant assistant, and I was planning to get one. I did not wanted the alfiqs because of how annoying those were as NPCs in Elsweyr (extremely high pitch voices that fit more to a little girl, rather than a cat). Doing quests in Elsweyr that had Alfiqs was a traumatised experience for me I guess. I get it, they are cute and stuff, but it just was not for me.

And then I saw Raven assistants...

Not only it "fits" as Ravens tend to be associated with greed and are attracted by shiny objects, but also they were given ideal personalities. I mean they have interesting dialogue lines and they fit everywhere. I can place them in my house and they will stand there on some crates. Thematically, those Ravens can fit into any house.

Also when you summon them outside of a house, they fly behind you, but when you activate them , they SIT ON YOUR HAND :o:D

I mean that is soo nice. Attention to detail. It one of those things I like. It turns a mediocre mount / pet into something amazing. A Raven animation landing on your hand. Something trivial, right ? And actually probably less than 1h of work for someone who makes 3D animations professionally , so it is not something that requires tons of extra work. I love when games do that. It is kinda shame that we don't see it more often and instead we get a lazy re-skin mounts (like for example lizard mounts or recent welwa that is a re-skin of Elsweyr's mount).

Custome animations & attention to details. We need more of that.

Yeah, that's why I happily bought both.

If they just sat there like the cats (I actually like the cats but ya know) I probably would have just gotten the banker reluctantly cause I didn't have a banker at all.

But with these little attentions to detail and how they behave, I had to get them both.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Canadagreen
    Canadagreen
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone knows id of these collectibles? I want to use it with /script useCollectible()
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, if they have a sale. Just can't justify dropping another 5000crowns on one. 🤔
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too unpractical for the reskin of of ones. Also cats cuter. Though I will take a crow pet if offered
    Edited by Starlight_Whisper on July 3, 2021 5:21PM
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    I was interested, and I went to preview the little bugger, and I wanted to hear what he said, but It wasn't an option.

I went ahead and got the banker..

Not disappointed, but wish the voice was more like the birds in earlier game.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I trade the original ones in for them?

Can I get a discount for already having these services unlocked?

Can I return the insufferable dunmer chatterbox for a partial refund, at least?

No?

No.
  • Canadagreen
    Canadagreen
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone knows id of these collectibles? I want to use it with /script useCollectible()

If anyone is interested:
    8995 - merchant
    8994 - banker

@ArtOfShred just posted feature-request for LuiExtended on ESOUI page :)
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    10k crowns for a banker and merchant I already got, no thanks
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want them but won't get them. I already have the first assistants and see no reason to buy again what I already have.
    Boo.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love crows, having had one as a child as a family pet. Since I have the original Banker and merchant and find them annoying, I couldn't wait for these! Alas, 5000 crowns is a lot, so for now...I purchased the merchant and will wait for the banker to go on sale later.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought them both. Only had the dunmer banker before. Nothing else worthwhile on the crown store In months and my sub crowns were sitting there.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to. But have no cash. Unless somebody gifting it :/
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who would rather listen to a cat scratching on a blackboard than the voicing provided by the Khajiit or Crow assistants? I'll stick with Nuz and Tythis for their voicing alone. Oh, and there's also the absurdity of spending 10K crowns for another pair of dupes that do the same thing.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the voices on - for anything, not just Ezabi and the crow merchant I'll be buying.
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    Zenzuki wrote: »
    If they'd sell a polymorph that would re-skin my existing original ones, I'd buy them.

But as is... A hundred dollars to buy exactly what I already have in another shape that does nothing different?

Nah

yeah, this^^
    It would be nice if they offered an "upgrade" or "trade-in" price to get a newer banker/merchant if you already own one, 'cause it just makes no sense to get additional ones at that price.....