Maintenance for the week of December 5:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 5, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 7, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EST (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 7, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EST (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 30 - Feedback Thread for New Item Sets

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets, Mythic items and Monster Masks. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were there any sets you felt were over or under powered compared to current offerings in the live game?
  • What are your thoughts on being able to mix perfected and non-perfected sets?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 20, 2021 3:53PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think proc set's cap needs to be raised more.
    For example, "8000 weapon or magic damage", "40000 stamina or magicka", "50000 health", "33000 armor".
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gaze of Sithis is too strong.
    At least "Adds 10760 Armor" should be removed.
    Still this will be strong.

It prevents blocking though its a big trade off for a tank
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvE? PvP? Both? Will Cyro allows Mythic again?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    For example, "8000 weapon or magic damage", "40000 stamina or magicka", "50000 health", "33000 armor".

Because screw anyone that doesn't Min-Max!

Players have the option of not using Damage proc sets.
    Alternatively, the player can make an effort to reach max.
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question on the Harpooner’s Wading Kilt: would a DOT that ticks every second give you a full stack of Hunter’s Focus assuming the DOT lasted 10 sec, or only the initial hit counts
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Deadlands Assasin doesnt appear to have any animation. Combat metrics clearly shows the damage landing, however no discerneable way of telling it otherwise.
    No animation for the applied dot either.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

Because screw anyone that doesn't Min-Max!

Players have the option of not using Damage proc sets.
    Alternatively, the player can make an effort to reach max.

Duh. Why not be open about it and just ask for nerfing proc sets as a whole?
    What do you think how many player outside of optimised groups will even reach 5.6k spell damage or 38k stamina?
    And what even is your issue with procs in PvE?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartland Conqueror
    2 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    5 – Increases the effectiveness of your Weapon Traits by 100%. This does not affect Ornate or Intricate traits.

So this doubles infused?

100% enchantment cooldown reduction and 60% boost in enchantment effect.

Combined with CP passive where enchantment never needs to be recharged.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Heartland Conqueror
    5 – Increases the effectiveness of your Weapon Traits by 100%. This does not affect Ornate or Intricate traits.

So this doubles infused?

That's not how ZoS' math usually works.

So infused brings a 5 sec cool down too 2.5. Then it'll probably give u 100% of the 50% so that goes to 1.75 seconds.

Then if u used Torug, that 1.75 gets reduced by 33% or .58 bringing the cool down to 1.17 seconds
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 20, 2021 7:17PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts on Mythics:
    Gaze of Sithis – Heavy Head
    1 – Adds 5000 Maximum Health
    1 – Adds 500 Health Recovery
    1 – Adds 10760 Armor
    1 – Reduces your Block Mitigation to 0.

First off, I like the idea of strong risk-reward......... I wouldn;t touch this with a 10 foot pole on a DK or Templar (classes that are meh in PvP), this seems incredibly strong on classes that easily avoid damage rather than blocking it (such as mag sorc and say stam NB, which are very strong in PvP).

Gaze of Sithis needs to be removed and just start over from scratch. Templar, Necro, Sorc, NB will all have over the top builds with this set. Not to mention Crimson and Leeching scale from Health!

That set with 21s of major force....a cheap incap will net 40% crit damage on a NB, 30% on a templar. I guess this one is why necros got their crit passive hella-nerfed.
    Edited by katorga on April 20, 2021 7:43PM
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

It prevents blocking though its a big trade off for a tank

...but on a dps in cyrodil who rarely block anyway? Yikes. Would be fun to use though.
  • leakypants
    leakypants
    Soul Shriven
    Gaze of Sithis – Heavy Head
    1 – Adds 5000 Maximum Health
    1 – Adds 500 Health Recovery
    1 – Adds 10760 Armor
    1 – Reduces your Block Mitigation to 0.

I think this item would be fine if Sorc and NB didnt exist. Its downside isnt even noticeable as they barely block.

My proposal is, why not have this item disable escape tools aswell like Streak, Cloak etc, the same way Chaosball in BGs disables them?
    Now that would be a real downside, especially for Sorcs and NBs.
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the harpooners kilt, you should lose stacks from when you aren't being offensive (as that is what the set entails). Losing a stack every time you take direct dmg with no cooldown will make it unusable in pvp, and hard to use in many trial scenarios. So I think you should lose a stack every second you are not dealing critical damage or maybe when youre just not dealing damage period. Would fit the set better I believe
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question on the Harpooner’s Wading Kilt: would a DOT that ticks every second give you a full stack of Hunter’s Focus assuming the DOT lasted 10 sec, or only the initial hit counts

I think that only dot skills that have an initial damage component (blazing spear, etc) would have the first hit count as direct damage, as well as something like unstable wall that has an explosion at the end. But remember that light attacks are direct damage, so if you light attack weave .....
    People are saying this is too strong. Probably is a bit strong. Lol. Maybe remove all stacks when you take direct damage, instead of just one. Should only take 10 seconds of light attack weaving to build back up. Seems like a good trade off. Would still be good in trials where tanks are taking most of the direct damage.
    Edited by carlos424 on April 20, 2021 8:11PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested gaze of sithis in a duel? For at least 2 of my characters I reckon it will be busted. I am planning to test PTS soon, but duelling from the EU is totally pointless.
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Frostbite set: it’s really interesting to see some new frost damage set, I think that the set looks great but I would have liked a better bonus for enemies afflicted with Minor Brittle because you are using frost damage and need to build a specific build to get that bonus.

Gaze of sithis: the set looks really strong probably too much, a downside would be needed to make it balance like while equipped your role dodge cost 75% more stam or something like the aetherial ascension set.

Shapeshifter’s Chain: Reduces the cost of your Transformation Ultimate abilities by 15%. While transformed, increase your Maximum Health, Stamina, and Magicka by 1216. Interesting set but I don’t think it will be used unless the stats from the second bonus are better like by adding mitigation or cost reduction while transformed.

Death Dealer’s Fete: this one looks plain, I don’t think it will be really used because other mythic items are just better.

Zoal the Ever-Wakeful: it looks like a great set but the weapon and spell damage granted seem a bit low to me

I don’t have anything to say for other sets, they look balanced in general from a pvp perspective

"Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Heartland Conqueror

So this doubles infused?

So infused brings a 5 sec cool down too 2.5. Then it'll probably give u 100% of the 50% so that goes to 1.75 seconds.

Then if u used Torug, that 1.75 gets reduced by 33% or .58 bringing the cool down to 1.17 seconds

Tested on pts, only the enchantment effect gets boost part gets doubled.

I think infused might not be the absolute best for this set, i think boosting penetration thru sharpened might be better.

And the set defo needs to be double barred otherwise its just not worth it.

To give you and idea, infused wpd glyph before Heartland is 452, with Heartland its 556, only about 100 increase which is pretty weak, but thats beacuse infused starts at a low value of 30%.

Meanwhile Sharpened: W/o: 3276 w:6552. Thats like almost as much pen as 5 pc spriggans.

But to take it further, it can give another 8% healing done on powered, an extra 7%!! crit with precise etc.

So i think, sadly, infused is probably the weakest trait youd want this with.

thx for details. Was curious about infused...couldn't tell what the heck it would do with that trait.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heartland Conqueror

So this doubles infused?

Tested on pts, only the enchantment effect gets boost part gets doubled.

I think infused might not be the absolute best for this set, i think boosting penetration thru sharpened might be better.

And the set defo needs to be double barred otherwise its just not worth it.

To give you and idea, infused wpd glyph before Heartland is 452, with Heartland its 556, only about 100 increase which is pretty weak, but thats beacuse infused starts at a low value of 30%.

Meanwhile Sharpened: W/o: 3276 w:6552. Thats like almost as much pen as 5 pc spriggans.

But to take it further, it can give another 8% healing done on powered, an extra 7%!! crit with precise etc.

So i think, sadly, infused is probably the weakest trait youd want this with.

thx for details. Was curious about infused...couldn't tell what the heck it would do with that trait.

May very well be a bug tbh, but for now its only the enchantment potency it boosts.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested gaze of sithis in a duel? For at least 2 of my characters I reckon it will be busted. I am planning to test PTS soon, but duelling from the EU is totally pointless.

Yes, also from eu.

The difference between having it on and not is just staggering.

I was swapping between 2pc bloodspawn and 1bs/sithis, and with the sithis setup i didnt even have to worry about reacting to my opponent or to keep my heals up.

I can already say, that having this set and not having it is going to be a chasm of difference in pvp.

As it stands, this set needs to go.

Im here with 7k wpd, 2 procsets, normally youd think its a glass cannon build, well think again, 38/36k resistance, 37k max hp.

Just no. They need to go back to the drawing table with this one.

They could reduce the resistance (but then it wouldn't be on par with malacath)
    They could lower max health (but then why even run it?)
    They could remove the health regen (worthless as is)

I dont see myself sacrificing Zaan + Malacath if this set losses any if its armor/health
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds