Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 30 - Feedback Thread for New Item Sets

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leakypants wrote: »
    Gaze of Sithis – Heavy Head
    1 – Adds 5000 Maximum Health
    1 – Adds 500 Health Recovery
    1 – Adds 10760 Armor
    1 – Reduces your Block Mitigation to 0.

I think this item would be fine if Sorc and NB didnt exist. Its downside isnt even noticeable as they barely block.
    Tbh. I don't think that it will be a big issue. Roll dodge has a ramping cost increase. Same with Streak. Only thing that may be problematic are dmg shields, but mag builds do not have good mobility (with only exception being mag sorc, but again, streak has ramping cost).

Just because some items synergies better with other classes it does not mean they should be removed.

Malacath's Band of Brutality for example synergies best with Warden & Nerco and other non-crit focus classes. On a NB it actually disables large part of NB's passive (as the class is crit-focus and with Malacath ring it just does not work). Even with the changes to Malacath, it will kinda same as 50% crit de-buff is huge.

I think the only mistake ZOS made is they are showing Gaze of Sithis tooltip with numbers and not %. Because once you convert the armour bonus to % it will be more or less 15% dmg reduction.

^ I am pretty sure if the tooltip was:
    1 – Adds 5000 Maximum Health and 500 Health Recovery
    1 – Adds 15% dmg mitigation, but reduces your Block Mitigation to 0.

No one would think that it is too strong. Also 500 Health Recovery is reduced by half in combat (so 250) and by another half in Cyrodiil (so 125). On top you can not run moster set with Gaze - another big drawback that people often disregard.

To be honest, I'm surprised by ​the people who affirm the Gaze of Sithis.
    I think "Adds 10760 Armor" or "Adds 5000 Maximum Health" should be removed.
    Or change "Adds 10760 Armor" to "Major Resolve".
    Gaze of Sithis is still strong in any of them.
    Yes, yes, just leave 500 health recovery (which is 125 in cyro) and leave no block mitigation. I am sure people will run it over health Recovery glyph... :joy:
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    The idea of frostbite is fantastic. But the bonus is not enough. Especially when there are not nearly enough frost damage skills to go along with it, this is the biggest problem.

I think buffing the set a little bit is important, but i think the most important thing is changing some or all magicka warden animal companions skills to frost damage.

Deep Fissure seriously needs to deal this type of damage more than any other skill in the line. Most of the frost wardens i know still use this skill regardless of damage type because it's damage is really important for warden. If it was able to do frost damage that means it would be able to proc chilled, and to be able to gain the bonuses from sets like frostbite and ysgramor's birthright.

Winter's embrace abilties having more chilled chance is nice and everything, but all of the skills that we use should deal frost damage to maximize the chance to apply it. Especially because applying chilled with double ice staves and frostbite literally now means +6% damage and +20% crit damage against enemies. We need to be able to keep a constant uptime just through our damage. And having just winter's revenge is no-where near enough from both a realistic gameplay angle and a thematic one.

So zos, i implore you to change the damage types of Deep Fissure and Screaming Cliff Racer to frost damage, from magic. This would be for the best when it comes to inter-class synergy.

I do not know how you choose to buff frostbite, provided you hear our feedback, but considering how everyone has come to the same conclusion i hope you choose to add bonuses to the 5 pieOne solution would be to add a 3rd morphce bonus.

Yes, more Frost damage skills would be ideal, and better passives/ effects for Frost damage in the Destruction skill line.

But a buff to Frostbite's Frost Damage wouldn't hurt either, make it all frost damage so Light Attacks and Glyphs gain the buff.

One solution would be to add a 3rd morph choice to Deep FIssure and Cliff Racer to have frost damage.

Many skills actually could benefit from a 3rd morph choice.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    The idea of frostbite is fantastic. But the bonus is not enough. Especially when there are not nearly enough frost damage skills to go along with it, this is the biggest problem.

I think buffing the set a little bit is important, but i think the most important thing is changing some or all magicka warden animal companions skills to frost damage.

Deep Fissure seriously needs to deal this type of damage more than any other skill in the line. Most of the frost wardens i know still use this skill regardless of damage type because it's damage is really important for warden. If it was able to do frost damage that means it would be able to proc chilled, and to be able to gain the bonuses from sets like frostbite and ysgramor's birthright.

Winter's embrace abilties having more chilled chance is nice and everything, but all of the skills that we use should deal frost damage to maximize the chance to apply it. Especially because applying chilled with double ice staves and frostbite literally now means +6% damage and +20% crit damage against enemies. We need to be able to keep a constant uptime just through our damage. And having just winter's revenge is no-where near enough from both a realistic gameplay angle and a thematic one.

So zos, i implore you to change the damage types of Deep Fissure and Screaming Cliff Racer to frost damage, from magic. This would be for the best when it comes to inter-class synergy.

I do not know how you choose to buff frostbite, provided you hear our feedback, but considering how everyone has come to the same conclusion i hope you choose to add bonuses to the 5 pieOne solution would be to add a 3rd morphce bonus.

Yes, more Frost damage skills would be ideal, and better passives/ effects for Frost damage in the Destruction skill line.

But a buff to Frostbite's Frost Damage wouldn't hurt either, make it all frost damage so Light Attacks and Glyphs gain the buff.

One solution would be to add a 3rd morph choice to Deep FIssure and Cliff Racer to have frost damage.

Many skills actually could benefit from a 3rd morph choice.

sure, but it's not necessary to add 3rd morphs just to fix this aspect of design.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »
    Heartland Conqueror
    2 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    5 – Increases the effectiveness of your Weapon Traits by 100%. This does not affect Ornate or Intricate traits.

So this doubles infused?

100% enchantment cooldown reduction and 60% boost in enchantment effect.

Combined with CP passive where enchantment never needs to be recharged.

That's not how ZoS' math usually works.

So infused brings a 5 sec cool down too 2.5. Then it'll probably give u 100% of the 50% so that goes to 1.75 seconds.

Then if u used Torug, that 1.75 gets reduced by 33% or .58 bringing the cool down to 1.17 seconds

Tested on pts, only the enchantment effect gets boost part gets doubled.

I think infused might not be the absolute best for this set, i think boosting penetration thru sharpened might be better.

And the set defo needs to be double barred otherwise its just not worth it.

To give you and idea, infused wpd glyph before Heartland is 452, with Heartland its 556, only about 100 increase which is pretty weak, but thats beacuse infused starts at a low value of 30%.

Meanwhile Sharpened: W/o: 3276 w:6552. Thats like almost as much pen as 5 pc spriggans.

But to take it further, it can give another 8% healing done on powered, an extra 7%!! crit with precise etc.

So i think, sadly, infused is probably the weakest trait youd want this with.

given infused gets the least benefit, you could front bar it in theory, since pretty much every build is infused WD on the back bar.
    how does this look with nirn?

On nirn it doesnt look good, on gold 2H melee weapon increase WD from 1571 to 1806, 235 extra WD.
    This would be doubled so 30% increasing WD from 1571 to 2042, 471 extra WD.

The difference is pretty small for a 5pc bonus, only 471-235=236 WD.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Heartland Conqueror
    2 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    5 – Increases the effectiveness of your Weapon Traits by 100%. This does not affect Ornate or Intricate traits.

So this doubles infused?

100% enchantment cooldown reduction and 60% boost in enchantment effect.

Combined with CP passive where enchantment never needs to be recharged.

That's not how ZoS' math usually works.

So infused brings a 5 sec cool down too 2.5. Then it'll probably give u 100% of the 50% so that goes to 1.75 seconds.

Then if u used Torug, that 1.75 gets reduced by 33% or .58 bringing the cool down to 1.17 seconds

Tested on pts, only the enchantment effect gets boost part gets doubled.

I think infused might not be the absolute best for this set, i think boosting penetration thru sharpened might be better.

And the set defo needs to be double barred otherwise its just not worth it.

To give you and idea, infused wpd glyph before Heartland is 452, with Heartland its 556, only about 100 increase which is pretty weak, but thats beacuse infused starts at a low value of 30%.

Meanwhile Sharpened: W/o: 3276 w:6552. Thats like almost as much pen as 5 pc spriggans.

But to take it further, it can give another 8% healing done on powered, an extra 7%!! crit with precise etc.

So i think, sadly, infused is probably the weakest trait youd want this with.

given infused gets the least benefit, you could front bar it in theory, since pretty much every build is infused WD on the back bar.
    how does this look with nirn?

On nirn it doesnt look good, on gold 2H melee weapon increase WD from 1571 to 1806, 235 extra WD.
    This would be doubled so 30% increasing WD from 1571 to 2042, 471 extra WD.

The difference is pretty small for a 5pc bonus, only 471-235=236 WD.

Yeah, like i said, Sharpened, defensive, powered are probably the biggest winners here.

Sharp+defensive = 3.2k pen and 8% healing, which might seem like a lot, but these are only active on 1 bar at a time.

Still pretty good tho.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested gaze of sithis in a duel? For at least 2 of my characters I reckon it will be busted. I am planning to test PTS soon, but duelling from the EU is totally pointless.

Yes, also from eu.

The difference between having it on and not is just staggering.

I was swapping between 2pc bloodspawn and 1bs/sithis, and with the sithis setup i didnt even have to worry about reacting to my opponent or to keep my heals up.

I can already say, that having this set and not having it is going to be a chasm of difference in pvp.

As it stands, this set needs to go.

Im here with 7k wpd, 2 procsets, normally youd think its a glass cannon build, well think again, 38/36k resistance, 37k max hp.

Just no. They need to go back to the drawing table with this one.

They could reduce the resistance (but then it wouldn't be on par with malacath)
    They could lower max health (but then why even run it?)
    They could remove the health regen (worthless as is)

I dont see myself sacrificing Zaan + Malacath if this set losses any if its armor/health

tbh, I think they should delete it and start over. It will be as OP as malacath is this patch.

That said, if they keep it in, then KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS...way too many fun builds you can cheese together with Gaze of Sithis. May as well have fun.

They reduced the Malacath ring YET introduced a second star node to increase direct damage. The new mythic helm will continue the tank-y meta and compliments the changes for Crimson for a super werewolf resilient build. Add the conquerer set with a sharpened 2H maul and you can field well over maximum resistance cap with all the needed penetration.

The gaze helmet simply makes it very easy to reach 38k health (5k helm, 2.4k sets, 5k food) and Undaunted +6% and HA maximum health passive bonus. The Gaze is a freebie to get maximum benefits from health scaling sets, such as Crimson and Leeching.
    Edited by Sahidom on April 21, 2021 4:22PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Came to post about Frostbite, but @Cellentel said most of what I was going to say and was much more elegant. But my observations:

The set simply isn't strong enough to justify using given how few unique frost damage skills are available for PvE DDs.
    1. Impaling Shards (Warden, morphed to Winter's Revenge): fine, a staple in a magden DD rotation
    2. Arctic Blast (Warden): decent damage but too expensive to incorporate into a standard DD rotation
    3. Sleet Storm (Warden): the bear is always better, so this is rarely used on PvE DDs, especially in group play
    4. Blockade of Frost (Destro staff): BoF deals *less* damage than the other Blockades and costs more.
    5. Frost Clench (Destro staff: there's no way a DD could use this because of the taunt
    6. Frost Impulse: useless.

I'm not counting Frozen Gate and Crystallized Slab. They technically deal damage, but you can't use the first without annoying your tank(s), and the second isn't a DD skill.

Not enough gets buffed by the Frostbite set to overcome the increased damage of flame staves.

I think that this may be a good time to revisit the kind of damage that Warden skills deal. It's great that we're finally getting a frost damage set, but this would be so much more fun if more skills dealt frost damage. What about making more of the Animal Companions skills deal frost damage vs. magic damage? That would really help the Warden identity and make it much more thematic. Frost Shalks, Polar Bear... then magwarden DDs COULD be the ones in raid groups to apply minor brittle, which would make them more desirable. We're doing well DPS-wise now, but that doesn't have much to do with our frost skills/what we bring to a group/class and is more about pure DPS. Please, give us more frost damage! The same holds true for stamdens and bleed damage.

One more issue with the Frostbite set itself- It would probably be beneficial to use double frost staves with this set, which introduces another issue with the tri-focus passive: blocking costs magicka, but light armor increases the cost of block by a significant amount. I know that some here say that sustain is great right now, but I'm running with a vet progression group that consists mostly of players who are brand-new to this. It's a ton of fun, but we're still working on buff uptimes, so sometimes I have to rely on self-sustain, which is already tough. Mechanics like Starfall in vHRC or the boulder toss in vAA are going to absolutely gut my magicka. I guess I don't have to slot tri-focus, but that seems like a bad "solution."
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the whole purpose to making proc sets scale was so you cant be a uber tank and still have damage. With that said I feel like Gaze of Sithis brings that right back, you can build into full damage and throw that on and become a uber tank at essentially no cost. It feels very over power.
    Edited by kookster on April 21, 2021 7:06PM
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rebiludo wrote: »
    Shapeshifter’s Chain

Vamp ult cost = 286 - 89% = 32 ?
    Vamp (stage 4) -24%
    Vamp set -20%
    Sorc -15%
    Potentates -15%
    Mythic -15%

32 ult = 5 sec (La 3/s + vamp drain 4/s). Less with weapon trait or monster set

So vamp ult 20sec uptime / 5 sec downtime = 80% uptime ? :D

Ultimate cost reduction values are all multiplied together rather than added.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double-post but has someone tested the shielding sets (e.g. Combat Physician, Brands of the Imperium, Haven of Ursus, Mother Ciannait, Iceheart, etc.) to see if they scale with any values?

If they don't, it seems like either a grievous missed opportunity or an oversight.

Additionally, does anyone know if element-specific sets (such as Succession or War Maiden) scale any sets?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came to post about Frostbite, but @Cellentel said most of what I was going to say and was much more elegant. But my observations:

The set simply isn't strong enough to justify using given how few unique frost damage skills are available for PvE DDs.
    1. Impaling Shards (Warden, morphed to Winter's Revenge): fine, a staple in a magden DD rotation
    2. Arctic Blast (Warden): decent damage but too expensive to incorporate into a standard DD rotation
    3. Sleet Storm (Warden): the bear is always better, so this is rarely used on PvE DDs, especially in group play
    4. Blockade of Frost (Destro staff): BoF deals *less* damage than the other Blockades and costs more.
    5. Frost Clench (Destro staff: there's no way a DD could use this because of the taunt

I'm not counting Frozen Gate and Crystallized Slab. They technically deal damage, but you can't use the first without annoying your tank(s), and the second isn't a DD skill.

Not enough gets buffed by the Frostbite set to overcome the increased damage of flame staves.

I think that this may be a good time to revisit the kind of damage that Warden skills deal. It's great that we're finally getting a frost damage set, but this would be so much more fun if more skills dealt frost damage. What about making more of the Animal Companions skills deal frost damage vs. magic damage? That would really help the Warden identity and make it much more thematic. Frost Shalks, Polar Bear... then magwarden DDs COULD be the ones in raid groups to apply minor brittle, which would make them more desirable. We're doing well DPS-wise now, but that doesn't have much to do with our frost skills/what we bring to a group/class and is more about pure DPS. Please, give us more frost damage! The same holds true for stamdens and bleed damage.

One more issue with the Frostbite set itself- It would probably be beneficial to use double frost staves with this set, which introduces another issue with the tri-focus passive: blocking costs magicka, but light armor increases the cost of block by a significant amount. I know that some here say that sustain is great right now, but I'm running with a vet progression group that consists mostly of players who are brand-new to this. It's a ton of fun, but we're still working on buff uptimes, so sometimes I have to rely on self-sustain, which is already tough. Mechanics like Starfall in vHRC or the boulder toss in vAA are going to absolutely gut my magicka. I guess I don't have to slot tri-focus, but that seems like a bad "solution."

Yep, frost damage animal companions is simply just the best solution here.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ExoY
    ExoY
    ✭✭✭
    Forgotten in Patchnotes!

There has been no mentioning of this antiquitiy item in the patch notes.

stu77gkhntgx.png

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, so it wasn't mystically deleted after all!
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, so it wasn't mystically deleted after all!

don't you mean "mythically deleted"? c'mon you had one job there lol
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the Elemental Catalyst buff. It was being run in optimised trial groups anyway, now its even better.

This is how you raise the ceiling without adjusting the floor. It's not in line with your party line of wanting to narrow the gap.
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ExoY wrote: »
    Forgotten in Patchnotes!

There has been no mentioning of this antiquitiy item in the patch notes.

stu77gkhntgx.png

@ExoY where did you get it from? Because there are no Antiquity Leads for it on the PTS. Well unless they left a hole in the numbering...
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is uninstalled and I havn't felt the need to buy any of the last chapters, but if Gaze of Sithis goes live unnerfed - well, still no need to reinstall, the forums will entertain me.

Sincerely, a PvP-only magsorc
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • ExoY
    ExoY
    ✭✭✭
    remosito wrote: »

@ExoY where did you get it from? Because there are no Antiquity Leads for it on the PTS. Well unless they left a hole in the numbering...

@remosito it is included in the sticker book (set collections menu) after created an max level template character.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    I don't understand the Elemental Catalyst buff. It was being run in optimised trial groups anyway, now its even better.

This is how you raise the ceiling without adjusting the floor. It's not in line with your party line of wanting to narrow the gap.

I’m guessing it’s because we have lower crit chance than when the set was introduced, and many other sources of crit damage. Tbh EC was always a little weak at 3% (compared to sets like Z’en, MK, PA, SPC, Alkosh...). IMO 4% would be balanced nicely, but I won’t complain about it jumping to 5% :D
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feedback is on sets I have tested in PvE (the new trial).

Harpooner’s Wading Kilt – Medium Legs
    1 – Dealing direct damage grants you a stack of Hunter’s Focus for 1 minute, up to 10 stacks max. You can only gain 1 stack of Hunter’s Focus per second. Each stack of Hunter’s Focus increases your Critical Chance by 119 and your Critical Damage by 2%. Taking direct damage removes 1 stack of Hunter’s Focus. Removing Harpooner’s Wading Kilt removes all stacks of Hunter’s Focus.

Well this is really strong. Even if it's medium, I feel that every DD, magicka or stamina will be using it. I seemed to have no issues keeping stacks in the trial when I tested it, and it provides a damage boost that is significant enough to make it it worth more than a monster set. That said I don't feel that this set is as strong as Thrassians were (pre-nerf) and for magicka DPS it has the downside that you lose out on the buffs of having 7 light armour pieces.

Saxhleel Champion – Heavy

5 – When you cast an Ultimate ability, you and up to 11 group members within 28 meters of you gain Major Force for 21 seconds, increasing your Critical Damage done by 20%. This effect can occur once every 30 seconds.

I think this is a cool set. Not brokenly powerful but useful enough to be run by a tank or healer in pve trial groups.

Bahsei’s Mania – Light
    5 – Increases your damage done to non-player enemies by up to 15% based on your missing Magicka.

As someone who plays Magicka Templar (the class has awful sustain) I was really hoping that this set would be good but unfortunately it's rubbish. If your magicka is low enough to get the full damage you can't cast abilities so that isn't great. But on top of that it doesn't synergise well with Magplars since beam scales off how high your magicka is at the time, so if you want high beam damage you have to have full magicka, which goes against the buffs of this set.

Considering other classes have better sustain than templar, a set like this is really not useful. Don't think this set will get much use outside of niche builds.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Princess_Ciri Yes, I agree with your conclusion on all these sets. I was thinking a lot about Bahsei’s after my initial impressions above, and I now think the condition should just be inverted so it gives full damage boost at 100% mag, and no damage at 0% mag. This would incentivize DPS to build for some sustain, not just pure damage on everything. It would make sustain races relevant again (Breton, Argonian, maybe Imperial). It would encourage use of sets like Hollowfang and Stone-Talker’s Oath. And it would synergize nicely with Templar beam :)
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on April 22, 2021 1:54PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My feedback is on sets I have tested in PvE (the new trial).

Harpooner’s Wading Kilt – Medium Legs
    1 – Dealing direct damage grants you a stack of Hunter’s Focus for 1 minute, up to 10 stacks max. You can only gain 1 stack of Hunter’s Focus per second. Each stack of Hunter’s Focus increases your Critical Chance by 119 and your Critical Damage by 2%. Taking direct damage removes 1 stack of Hunter’s Focus. Removing Harpooner’s Wading Kilt removes all stacks of Hunter’s Focus.

Well this is really strong. Even if it's medium, I feel that every DD, magicka or stamina will be using it. I seemed to have no issues keeping stacks in the trial when I tested it, and it provides a damage boost that is significant enough to make it it worth more than a monster set. That said I don't feel that this set is as strong as Thrassians were (pre-nerf) and for magicka DPS it has the downside that you lose out on the buffs of having 7 light armour pieces.

Saxhleel Champion – Heavy

5 – When you cast an Ultimate ability, you and up to 11 group members within 28 meters of you gain Major Force for 21 seconds, increasing your Critical Damage done by 20%. This effect can occur once every 30 seconds.

I think this is a cool set. Not brokenly powerful but useful enough to be run by a tank or healer in pve trial groups.

Bahsei’s Mania – Light
    5 – Increases your damage done to non-player enemies by up to 15% based on your missing Magicka.

As someone who plays Magicka Templar (the class has awful sustain) I was really hoping that this set would be good but unfortunately it's rubbish. If your magicka is low enough to get the full damage you can't cast abilities so that isn't great. But on top of that it doesn't synergise well with Magplars since beam scales off how high your magicka is at the time, so if you want high beam damage you have to have full magicka, which goes against the buffs of this set.

Considering other classes have better sustain than templar, a set like this is really not useful. Don't think this set will get much use outside of niche builds.

If Moondancer could get a nice buff :).
    Also I wouldn't use oppression even on dummy parse, wasted morph IMHO.
    In trials the self can heal can help you keep the channel going if your not getting 1 shot but taking dmg.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double-post but has someone tested the shielding sets (e.g. Combat Physician, Brands of the Imperium, Haven of Ursus, Mother Ciannait, Iceheart, etc.) to see if they scale with any values?

If they don't, it seems like either a grievous missed opportunity or an oversight.

Additionally, does anyone know if element-specific sets (such as Succession or War Maiden) scale any sets?

Shield procs are a fixed size that don't scale at all currently....Only CP modifiers make them bigger.

It will be really interesting if they start scaling with max resource, or even, health.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shield procs are a fixed size that don't scale at all currently....Only CP modifiers make them bigger.

It will be really interesting if they start scaling with max resource, or even, health.

This would suddenly make a few old things quite viable. ^_^
  • Rilton
    Rilton
    Soul Shriven

I second this point, there aren't enough frost damage dealing skills to make this new set viable. Seeing as how the Necromancer class was based off the template of the warden, but all their abilities on the main damage skill tree does a type of elemental damage, there is no magical damage. With Deep Fissure and Swarm being a stable in Magica Warden's rotation and one of the highest damage dealing skills, they are not covered by any frost damage passives and set buffs. Despite the frost staff's not providing any flat damage bonus like the flame and lightning, the only benefit is running it for minor brittle which the uptime is dependent on running double frost and having skills enough to cast it. Frostbite set tries to embrace the frost damage skills, but as it stands now, the state of frost skills to the warden class who would've benefited the most if they could is dead in the water. I really would like to see a nice thematic build around this set that can actually be viable for end game dd content. I'm not saying this set should match mother's sorrow+siroria, but if this set is beaten by easier to acquire sets, I see no viability in farming this, despite it being tradable as an overland set.

The tri-focus passive is also a hindrance to frost staff users and those that like to switch back and forth between frost and flame for different content. This should just be moved to a passive cp perk, or even a slottable cp perk if you must.
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shapeshifters Chain is a great idea addressing a niche - scion, werewolf and colossus builds the last of which may see more use with the new tank trial set. However raw stats are a bit wasteful on power budget. All three transformations already have high stats so something like a damage buff may help this item see use.

Frostbite. As many have said limited by the lack of frost skills in the game and I doubt zos could or would fix that overnight. Alternative, should be a proc like bsw. When inflicting minor brittle gain 15% increased damage for 10 seconds and restore 3000 magicka. This keeps it limited to frost staff builds while helping to mitigate the lack of damage and sustain om frost staves.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excelsus wrote: »
    Shapeshifters Chain is a great idea addressing a niche - scion, werewolf and colossus builds the last of which may see more use with the new tank trial set. However raw stats are a bit wasteful on power budget. All three transformations already have high stats so something like a damage buff may help this item see use.

Frostbite. As many have said limited by the lack of frost skills in the game and I doubt zos could or would fix that overnight. Alternative, should be a proc like bsw. When inflicting minor brittle gain 15% increased damage for 10 seconds and restore 3000 magicka. This keeps it limited to frost staff builds while helping to mitigate the lack of damage and sustain om frost staves.

When I first saw the leaked version of the set pre-PTS I thought that the set increased your main stats by 1.213x to which I was going to be concerned.

But then when the PTS hit and it was literally a random increase of 1213 to your main stats I had a good laugh. Random bonus is random and probably ought to be something more thematic. Not that I want to see more wolves or vampire lords, mind you.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frostbite looks neat. Maybe in a future update, you can add specialized sets where the 5pc bonus changes different sources of Magic Damage into different elements to compliment such sets as Frostbite?

Example:

Pyromancer
    2 - Max Magicka
    3 - Spell Crit
    4 - Weapon/Spell Damage
    5 - All your damage over time sources of Magic Damage is converted into Fire Damage.

Cryomancer
    2 - Spell Penetration
    3 - Max Magicka
    4 - Spell Crit
    5 - All your single target sources of Magic Damage is converted into Frost Damage.

Stratomancer (What would you call shock?)
    2 - Spell Crit
    3 - Weapon/Spell Damage
    4 - Magicka Recovery
    5 - All of your area of effect sources of Magic Damage is converted into Shock Damage.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frostbite looks neat. Maybe in a future update, you can add specialized sets where the 5pc bonus changes different sources of Magic Damage into different elements to compliment such sets as Frostbite?

Example:

Pyromancer
    2 - Max Magicka
    3 - Spell Crit
    4 - Weapon/Spell Damage
    5 - All your damage over time sources of Magic Damage is converted into Fire Damage.

Cryomancer
    2 - Spell Penetration
    3 - Max Magicka
    4 - Spell Crit
    5 - All your single target sources of Magic Damage is converted into Frost Damage.

Stratomancer (What would you call shock?)
    2 - Spell Crit
    3 - Weapon/Spell Damage
    4 - Magicka Recovery
    5 - All of your area of effect sources of Magic Damage is converted into Shock Damage.

those sets would be insanely weak.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cannot enjoy the combination of Heartland Conqueror sets and infused traits with a one-handed weapon.
    With a one-handed weapon, the Glyph of Decrease Health will do 1.5%(two-handed weapons is 3%) of the enemy's maximum health damage.
    This is too weak.
    It's sad that players with one-handed weapons can't use the Glyph of Decrease Health in PvP.

[My request]
    Glyph of Decrease Health should be 3% enemy max health damage with two-handed and one-handed weapons.
    For one-handed weapons, Max damage is halved, but that's it.