The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Normal and Veteran Overland

• Arwende
    Arwende
    ✭✭
    Difficulty is subjective, and our perceptions of how challenging something is, or isnt, in no way indicates how much time ZoS put into developing mechanics.

It is very common for threads on the same subject to pop up multiple times. If a proposal garnered sufficient support the first time it was presented, there would be no need for further threads on the same subject.

Very often these proposals don't work out the first time they're presented. If there was no need for further threads on the same subject they wouldn't continue to pop up as they have been. People wouldn't keep bringing it up if it was something they felt wasn't necessary. Discussions like this would end rather quickly if the majority of the community disagreed with it.

Just as difficulty is subjective, the opinion that this would be a waste of resources is also subjective. Personally, I find companions to be a waste of resources especially because I feel the overland is already too easy, but some portion of the community still wants them. Therefore it's not a waste.

A lot of people have advocated for the option of vet overland. In the current state of overland, bosses that are hyped up to be some incredible challenge through storytelling die before they can even finish their monologues. There are enemies littered all over the maps, but they take a while to charge up attacks and when they release them, they do little to no damage. If you stand in aoes, don't cc break, run out of resources, or don't interrupt, you will still survive. New and old players alike still enjoy the base overland. But among those old and new players there are many who dislike it due to the reasons I listed, as well as others. An instance you could opt in and out of it whenever you choose would be very welcome and enjoyable. Those who have advocated for it would be satisfied, and even those who are against it could enjoy it themselves if they ever wanted to try it someday.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    We have acknowledged that they may be difficult for some new and/or casual players. (EDIT: Note some, not all, clearly) They are not the only players here..

By the time you're level 50, no matter your CP, and even dabbled in dungeons & arenas - story bosses just don't make the cut.
    (EDIT: Even before then, I have seen many players quit because they found the majority of the combat too stale, except for dungeons)

I disagree. I am CP 881, not as high as many but not new. The story bosses are quite fine for me because I see them for what they are. They are the end protagonist in a story quest chain, not a veteran dungeon or trial boss... nor should they be.

I have played quite awhile myself, and not one person I knew who left ever stated it was because overland was too easy. For most it's real life, work, school, or just plain old burnout.

You yourself acknowledged that the Bosses are easy and said you like them that way.
    I don't need to struggle to enjoy the story. In fact I find the opposite to be true. I can only believe I am really a hero if I am strong enough to crush my enemies.

I was referring to overland in general, which is not exclusive to just the bosses. And if I didn't feel stronger after leveling and gearing up better then something would be wrong.

This is why people have proposed a separate instance with higher difficulty and adjustments to mechanics.

There are not enough players supporting this to make it feasible.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 18, 2021 8:48PM
    PCNA
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have acknowledged that they may be difficult for some new and/or casual players. (EDIT: Note some, not all, clearly) They are not the only players here..

By the time you're level 50, no matter your CP, and even dabbled in dungeons & arenas - story bosses just don't make the cut.
    (EDIT: Even before then, I have seen many players quit because they found the majority of the combat too stale, except for dungeons)

I disagree. I am CP 881, not as high as many but not new. The story bosses are quite fine for me because I see them for what they are. They are the end protagonist in a story quest chain, not a veteran dungeon or trial boss... nor should they be

So Stories just become walking simulators, which is not fun..

Again, at the point where your sense of fun is more important than mine - even when mine is optional and does not affect you.
    I have played quite awhile myself, and not one person I knew who left ever stated it was because overland was too easy. For most it's real life, work, school, or just plain old burnout.

ok, that does not invalidate our experiences where we have seen it happen. Enough times that it has become a noticeable pattern

In your opinion.

Yet this topic is a frequent point of feedback not only here but also on Reddit, Steam-Community, Youtube, etc.
  • Arwende
    Arwende
    ✭✭
    I disagree. I am CP 881, not as high as many but not new. The story bosses are quite fine for me because I see them for what they are. They are the end protagonist in a story quest chain, not a veteran dungeon or trial boss... nor should they be.

The antagonist doesn't have to be a vet dungeon or trial boss. Short of standing around and pressing light attack a boss won't even have the chance to finish their dialogue.

Okay, and I've had several close friends that tried ESO out and left because they were incredibly bored with how easy the game was. Not everyone has the same experience.
    This is why people have proposed a separate instance with higher difficulty and adjustments to mechanics.

How do you know? Have you taken a poll or gathered numbers that show this? I see a lot more 'make overland harder' threads than I see 'make overland easier' threads.

• Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s not fun when it practically hands you the victory on a silver platter.
    It may not be fun for you, but it is for me, and many others. I love that I've gotten strong enough that I can enjoy the base story without struggling.

This is the quote I was looking for, where you acknowledged that those fights are easy and you like it that way.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may not be fun for you, but it is for me, and many others. I love that I've gotten strong enough that I can enjoy the base story without struggling.

This is the quote I was looking for, where you acknowledged that those fights are easy and you like it that way.

I never once said they weren't. It's the story.. not a dungeon or trial.
    PCNA
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I never once said they weren't. It's the story.. not a dungeon or trial.

A story heavily based around combat. You are fine with easy fights. You are fine with the power fantasy that comes with it. That is fine and not something we want changed. We, a large enough group of the community, avoid doing content because every combat encounter within it is simply not worth our time. No fight worth remembering, no story with stakes built up that are lived up to. People who enjoy the combat of the game, who are well practiced, find it hard to justify their time spent doing quest, can you respect that not everyone is like you and actually wants some resistance from their enemies? That some of us want fights worth remembering?
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Zos can do this, WITHOUT diminishing the quality and amount of content for the greater bulk of the population I have zero issue with any of it, provided they don't try and push any extra cost onto the rest of us I'm A-ok with it. In fact I really wish they'd say or do something instead of just shutting these down once they inevitable go downhill.

Honestly, I'll farm the hell outta it like so many others because just like all the souls games or even here with MA/VMA, once you learn the limited number of moves and spawn points that can be programmed into an npc/area, the challenge is gone and it will be a gold mine from that point. You don't have to admit, but it's just a fact. In no way am I implying that's a motive for anyone else, that's all me.

Extremely small population will lead to less competition for resources which will lead to big profits for those players. So I'm looking forward to enjoying being one of those players.

My only opposition to this proposal is if it has any negative effects on the regularly scheduled content releases for the bulk of us. If it has any impact on the greater population, then this "optional" content indeed affects me.

Good day to all.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something I think we could agree on - lower the population of enemies running around overland. I would prefer them to be replaced with weightier enemies, but not having a pack of wolves or a bandit gang every few hundred feet would make things nicer.
    We need these mobs roaming around overland to make the world feel alive. They can be a nuisance if they are hanging around a node you want to harvest, but at least they are a minor nuisance rather than a major challenge.

Plus they add an additional obstacle to just gathering so many of this or that, because you often have to fight them to get to your quest objectives.

Reducing overland mobs would make overland questing even easier, and as some would say more boring, which is what this thread has presented as an issue.

Disagree. There are too many and do not make the world feel "alive" simply more crowded. To an unnatural degree frankly.

Mobs barely offer a speed bump. Now if the enemies has more capabilities/power but were more scattered, one could kill them off, sneak past or the current option of simply ignore.
    Edited by Thechuckage on April 18, 2021 11:57PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if the enemies has more capabilities/power but were more scattered, one could kill them off, sneak past or the current option of simply ignore.

What would be the point of having stronger enemies if we can just sneak past or ignore them?
    PCNA
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real problem with these threads is the fact that the majority of the player base doesn't visit the forums. I wouldn't mind a difficulty setting like normal veteran or hardcore. Star Trek Online has this. If you group up the group leader's setting will be for all to see. And players could request what group setting they are looking for. It works really well in Star Trek Online.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    The real problem with these threads is the fact that the majority of the player base doesn't visit the forums.

It is true that the majority of the player base doesn't visit the forums. It is also true that there are forum posters who don't actively play the game. So it is not an ideal pool to judge from.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 19, 2021 12:38AM
    PCNA
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    The real problem with these threads is the fact that the majority of the player base doesn't visit the forums. I wouldn't mind a difficulty setting like normal veteran or hardcore. Star Trek Online has this. If you group up the group leader's setting will be for all to see. And players could request what group setting they are looking for. It works really well in Star Trek Online.

True.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    If Zos can do this, WITHOUT diminishing the quality and amount of content for the greater bulk of the population I have zero issue with any of it, provided they don't try and push any extra cost onto the rest of us I'm A-ok with it. In fact I really wish they'd say or do something instead of just shutting these down once they inevitable go downhill.

Honestly, I'll farm the hell outta it like so many others because just like all the souls games or even here with MA/VMA, once you learn the limited number of moves and spawn points that can be programmed into an npc/area, the challenge is gone and it will be a gold mine from that point. You don't have to admit, but it's just a fact. In no way am I implying that's a motive for anyone else, that's all me.

Extremely small population will lead to less competition for resources which will lead to big profits for those players. So I'm looking forward to enjoying being one of those players.

My only opposition to this proposal is if it has any negative effects on the regularly scheduled content releases for the bulk of us. If it has any impact on the greater population, then this "optional" content indeed affects me.

Good day to all.

I do not think you will have any argument from me at that point.
    I am of the opinion that ESO is not an indie game by any means and we should raise our standards for the quantity and quality of content put out in the year.

Take Battlegrounds for example, that has been neglected for a little too long. Last map that was implemented was back in late 2018. Which is unfortunate for the PvP community. Every Chapter & Zone DLC should have 1-2 Battleground maps.
    If you want to farm the story boss till the end of days then all the more power to you - I'd be happy to have a Story Boss that was worth fighting and would be a memorable experience which lives up to the stakes that the story sets up.

That's the thing when coming up with new activities, there has to be more than one specific appeal to make it worth developing.
    For some it's going to be the challenge, others it'll be the reward, and for others it's a bit of both.
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if the enemies has more capabilities/power but were more scattered, one could kill them off, sneak past or the current option of simply ignore.

What would be the point of having stronger enemies if we can just sneak past or ignore them?

You can currently sneak past enemies. Heck with enough detection reduction gear you can stand on a mobs toes and they are none the wiser. And one can ABSOLUTELY ignore the current mobs to an absurd degree.

With enough danger it could be in a players interest to sneak past, or set up an ambush or any means the player wants to approach the fight. More maneuver room and ways to approach a fight.
  • Daraklus
    Daraklus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeffrey530 wrote: »
    @SilverBride Stories need weight. If the hero never has to struggle, never has to overcome challenges then it is a poor story. "Going to save the world from an evil god" loses all meaning when the difficulty curve makes the Great Plains look mountainous by comparison.

I don't need to struggle to enjoy the story. In fact I find the opposite to be true. I can only believe I am really a hero if I am strong enough to crush my enemies.

The story is fine just as it is.

Are you familiar with the Heroes Journey narrative? (For anyone not familiar) It is extremely common in writing and story telling. And not in the modern sense. This predates (AFAIK) Greek and other ancient civilizations. The Hero must overcome some obstacle, trial, enemy what have you. Regardless of how powerful the hero is, the struggle remains.

Hercules( a demigod for cripes sake) taking on the 7 tasks which challenged him greatly. John Henry literally killing himself to beat a drilling machine. Spiderman going from weak nerd to superpowers and learning to control them, himself and take on new responsibilities. The common thread is they all have to work to succeed.

Now if you specifically SilverBride enjoy just being super OP. Fine, but the centuries of story telling has shown people like the hero to work for their success. Not have it handed to them.

Honestly this is so outdated. Popular ( especially) asian novels/ tv shows/anime these days are all about a new genre- insanely powerful protagonists right from the star. People don't care about progression or work to succeed anymore, it is simply about how the protagonist can crush enemies instantly, show off their power in different ways. You may not like it, but it is a fact that this genre is one of the most popular in Japan/korea/china at this moment.

Player and fan of the Yakuza series here, I can safely tell you that the "Hero Journey" is still very much a thing, and this is a game series from Japan.
    The protagonists still have to overcome challenges, suffer defeat and even have to take steps to avoid enemies. And that is a game that pretty much defies the laws of human physics where people can take all manner of beatings and still shake it off.

Since you mentioned anime, I thought I could bring One Punch Man to attention: Also had a Hero's Journey that made the protagonist reach Superman levels of strength. Funny thing is the guy is also frustrated with how he can overcome everything with ease and doesn't want to have everything fall over with only one punch. So even an anime within the "New genre" timeframe is sitting there showing how being a super-powered God isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

I will agree though, people really have had their interested shift. Must be why I enjoy older games, they still provide a reasonable challenge.
    Edited by Daraklus on April 21, 2021 12:26PM
  • Daraklus
    Daraklus
    ✭✭✭✭

It would make sneaking seem like a viable/desired option, rather than just something that you can do.

I remember back before One Tamriel, where I made proper use of stealth to get an engagement advantage on enemies, use it to sneak past tougher enemies. You know, like in other Elder Scrolls games where you can sneak or attack head-on with both options being perfectly fine.

Now sneaking seems... Not all that necessary, outside of the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood quests or if you are in a Public Dungeon and you need to go afk. Why take the extra steps of avoiding enemies if you can just mow them down without worry?

Edit: Thought I'd update how things are going with my now level 42 Templar: I am currently zoned out of wanting to do the Western Skyrim quests and am now rather just doing the three daily quests and spending the rest of my playtime doing Battlegrounds or going to the Imperial City and farming mobs there.

I genuinely would feel more motivated to keep doing the quests, knowing that I'd have enemies to fight that won't go down without a fight.
    Edited by Daraklus on April 21, 2021 12:23PM
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anecdotal, but literally every IRL friend I've had that's played this game has quit because overworld is just completely, utterly brainless. Even casual players can steamroll everything in their path by the time they've hit the 20s at most. So they wind up in a place where the story and PvE content is completely mindless and boring, yet they're still many hours away from being able to really participate in endgame group content.

So what happens? Well, they quit, by and large. The game is a snooze, and they don't feel engaged. And the few that carry on to veteran content are so woefully unprepared for the insane spike in difficulty that they struggle immensely and begin to feel like they've got a 1000+ CP delta to bridge before they can have a handle on things.
  • Daraklus
    Daraklus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I somehow managed to power through the Western Skyrim storyline, and I was honestly disappointed by how I could basically stand in everything and only after 30 seconds being put in a position where I'd have to heal myself. The fight against Svargrim was also something left to be desired.

You'd figure that someone who has amassed SOOOO much power, would be able to do more than just a few strikes that deal 900 damage at most, while having a lot of health on him, only to then be beaten by his daughter and some drunk Nord.. If he dealt say... 3000-4000 damage instead, it would already be a bit of an improvement if you ask me, at least that way I wouldn't mindlessly swing at him until he fell over and actually make full use of my abilities.

I got five more levels to go through and I honestly dread doing any more quests. I haven't been to The Reach yet, I might check it out, hang around for a bit before going back to doing Battlegrounds.
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I constantly ask for what the OP is asking for.

The usual negative response is "but, population density."

Bruh, people who would play the vet instances of overland don't care about population density. What do we need population density for except to see ridiculous onscreen names? People in vet instances doing LFG in zone chat would be happy with a smaller population of people, but who are more capable. But really guilds should be used for vet LFG, not zone chat.

The other negative response is usually "why are you elitist? its hard enough already!"

We are not elitist, we are setting aside a normal zone setting that is "hard enough already." We would like a vet zone setting that will scale the drops and gold and quality of items found accordingly. In fact make it REALLY difficult.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daraklus wrote: »
    Jeffrey530 wrote: »
    @SilverBride Stories need weight. If the hero never has to struggle, never has to overcome challenges then it is a poor story. "Going to save the world from an evil god" loses all meaning when the difficulty curve makes the Great Plains look mountainous by comparison.

The story is fine just as it is.

Are you familiar with the Heroes Journey narrative? (For anyone not familiar) It is extremely common in writing and story telling. And not in the modern sense. This predates (AFAIK) Greek and other ancient civilizations. The Hero must overcome some obstacle, trial, enemy what have you. Regardless of how powerful the hero is, the struggle remains.

Hercules( a demigod for cripes sake) taking on the 7 tasks which challenged him greatly. John Henry literally killing himself to beat a drilling machine. Spiderman going from weak nerd to superpowers and learning to control them, himself and take on new responsibilities. The common thread is they all have to work to succeed.

Now if you specifically SilverBride enjoy just being super OP. Fine, but the centuries of story telling has shown people like the hero to work for their success. Not have it handed to them.

Honestly this is so outdated. Popular ( especially) asian novels/ tv shows/anime these days are all about a new genre- insanely powerful protagonists right from the star. People don't care about progression or work to succeed anymore, it is simply about how the protagonist can crush enemies instantly, show off their power in different ways. You may not like it, but it is a fact that this genre is one of the most popular in Japan/korea/china at this moment.

Player and fan of the Yakuza series here, I can safely tell you that the "Hero Journey" is still very much a thing, and this is a game series from Japan.
    The protagonists still have to overcome challenges, suffer defeat and even have to take steps to avoid enemies. And that is a game that pretty much defies the laws of human physics where people can take all manner of beatings and still shake it off.

Since you mentioned anime, I thought I could bring One Punch Man to attention: Also had a Hero's Journey that made the protagonist reach Superman levels of strength. Funny thing is the guy is also frustrated with how he can overcome everything with ease and doesn't want to have everything fall over with only one punch. So even an anime within the "New genre" timeframe is sitting there showing how being a super-powered God isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

I will agree though, people really have had their interested shift. Must be why I enjoy older games, they still provide a reasonable challenge.

This is why Monster Hunter is still in my top 5 video game franchises, That is some really engaging & challenging gameplay
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorbin wrote: »
    Anecdotal, but literally every IRL friend I've had that's played this game has quit because overworld is just completely, utterly brainless. Even casual players can steamroll everything in their path by the time they've hit the 20s at most. So they wind up in a place where the story and PvE content is completely mindless and boring, yet they're still many hours away from being able to really participate in endgame group content.

So what happens? Well, they quit, by and large. The game is a snooze, and they don't feel engaged. And the few that carry on to veteran content are so woefully unprepared for the insane spike in difficulty that they struggle immensely and begin to feel like they've got a 1000+ CP delta to bridge before they can have a handle on things.

I haven't been able to get friends to stick to this game since before one-tamriel, due to it being so face-roll. It's way too easy now outside of PVP, trials, and some vet dungeons.
  • ParaViking
    ParaViking
    ✭✭✭
    I don't need to struggle in overland content... I don't need more complex mechanics... I don't really even need better rewards...

BUT it would be nice to at least have an option for more "difficult" content, if I choose, that would allow me to go through a full rotation (maybe for a overland dungeons boss 2, 3, or 4 if solo), maybe block once in a while, or even dodge roll... Stay out of the red! Just make bad guys hit harder. Give them enough health to stand up for more than a second or two... A place to practice, play and engage me a bit... It maybe a good way for newer and veteran players (or friends) to group up with no pressure ant just tool around...

Is that really so unappealing to veteran players?

I don't really understand all the resistance to it from some. Other than some saying you are suppose to to this way and that, and this is how the game is suppose to be played. You are doing it all wrong...

• LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like "Uncle Sheogorath's Scroll of Nerf Me Please" for my champions but in lieu of that I rolled my own solution.

Play othe the other server EU > NA in my case.

New character with nothing, zilzch, nada. No gold, no banker, merchant, CP and nothing crafted by my Master Crafter. No potions from my magnificent alchemist, no food from my delicious provisioner.

I will work my way up from the very depths as every champion does.

I cannot say that this is a solution for others but I'm bored and over-caffeinated so bear with me.
  • Daraklus
    Daraklus
    ✭✭✭✭
    So last night me and my girlfriend decided to play a bit, going through quests in Craglorn (The regular ones, not the group quests)

She fell asleep next to me while we were running through a Delve. Can't say I blame her since the enemies we were dealing with were falling over deal with one or two Heavy Attacks.

I don't know about you ladies and gentlemen, but having enemies be complete pushovers even in the "Group Zone" is not very pleasant.

I don't care if people want a "Power Fantasy" out of this game or not, but at the very least let people have the option of having the game not be a "Power Fantasy" if they so choose.
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    New character with nothing, zilzch, nada. No gold, no banker, merchant, CP and nothing crafted by my Master Crafter. No potions from my magnificent alchemist, no food from my delicious provisioner.
    I cannot say that this is a solution for others but I'm bored and over-caffeinated so bear with me.
    It certainly isn't much of a solution, especially considering if people already don't make use of any "Alt Powers".

All my characters start fresh with no Champion Points or special gear waiting for them. The world around me still proves to be easy against me just either using one ability or just using Heavy Attacks repeatedly.
  • Nowa133
    Nowa133
    ✭✭✭
    They should have implemented a veteran version of the overland than companions per si. They're lacking as they're now. I don't know what the heck they had in mind when decided to do that... The quality of those 'companions' are far inferior than squadron members of ffxiv or the main protagonist's companions there. (minfilia, alphinaud, etc) They don't do mechanics here, damage is complete garbage and they're not immune and die all the time for the [snip] mini-boss?)

[Edited to remove Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 2, 2021 2:40PM
  • Ergele
    Ergele
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they will surprise us in q4 like they did with stickerbook?
  • HalfRain216
    HalfRain216
    ✭✭✭
    Daraklus wrote: »
    So last night me and my girlfriend decided to play a bit, going through quests in Craglorn (The regular ones, not the group quests)

She fell asleep next to me while we were running through a Delve. Can't say I blame her since the enemies we were dealing with were falling over deal with one or two Heavy Attacks.

I don't know about you ladies and gentlemen, but having enemies be complete pushovers even in the "Group Zone" is not very pleasant.

I don't care if people want a "Power Fantasy" out of this game or not, but at the very least let people have the option of having the game not be a "Power Fantasy" if they so choose.
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    It certainly isn't much of a solution, especially considering if people already don't make use of any "Alt Powers".

All my characters start fresh with no Champion Points or special gear waiting for them. The world around me still proves to be easy against me just either using one ability or just using Heavy Attacks repeatedly.

I’m sorry but I believe you are in a minority like most in this forum.
    I also went into craglorn with my girlfriend the other night CP200 & CP 500 and it is definitely harder than normal overland especially the delves. The mobs are stronger and if we’re not paying attention doing rotations we would easily die. To say you can just heavy attack through it is untrue.

I’m not against vet overland but normal overland is pretty difficult to most players in the harder areas. I can guarantee most players can not solo any world boss without dying a few times if it all.
  • Daraklus
    Daraklus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m sorry but I believe you are in a minority like most in this forum.
    I also went into craglorn with my girlfriend the other night CP200 & CP 500 and it is definitely harder than normal overland especially the delves. The mobs are stronger and if we’re not paying attention doing rotations we would easily die. To say you can just heavy attack through it is untrue.

I’m not against vet overland but normal overland is pretty difficult to most players in the harder areas. I can guarantee most players can not solo any world boss without dying a few times if it all.

It seems like people are pretty split down the middle when it comes to the Overland. I highly doubt I am in "The minority".

The only places that jolt us awake are the Group Delves and the Group Quests, where the enemies do actually pose a threat and aren't pushovers. If you and your girlfriend are having a hard time, then you're likely in one of those areas.

Because as we're doing the main quest, it takes us in to the regular delves, and I can tell you that they are truly mind-numbingly easy. Even the story bosses are complete pushovers. We just killed Progenitor Mantikorat in two seconds, didn't even need to do a full rotation, and that was supposed to be a big scary monster.

"Most players can't solo world bosses!"
    Really? It's almost like World Bosses are intended to be tackled by a group of players, rather than a solo. Akin to how other MMO games have world events that have bosses that need more than one player to tackle.

ESO is the only game that requires me to make myself a cup of coffee (And I hate coffee), while making my girlfriend lean against me to go to sleep. I'm pretty sure there is a flaw in the game's design if it makes people fall asleep.

Really, if there were a Veteran Overland setting, that made enemies be a bit more of a threat by upping their damage output, making them not be complete pushovers, I would be a very happy man indeed.
    Edited by Daraklus on May 2, 2021 6:31PM
  • drunkendx
    drunkendx
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have Normal and Veteran content for trials and dungeons, so why not Normal and Veteran content for overland PVE?

giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.