Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

guild history all missing in guild roster

• QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    How many people would still be playing and spending money on ESO if it was not for guilds.. I feel pretty sure in stating that if players would have to go at it solo and find people to play with in zonechats that ESO would hardly be making any money at all. Open your eyes and start listening to feedback thats recieved from players on the PTS.. these issues was known and pointed out to ESO before the update even got launched, knowing that fact it is totally unacceptable that a fix is still not possible... Guilds generate your income.. not PvP and not the new CP trees, a lot of us are starting to feel like cashcows and multiple large spenders and guilds are already boycotting crowns purchases.. if something does not get done soon im afraid our community falls apart, players will leave the servers and guilds will close down because they just had enough. [NOTE] This is not bashing this is pointing out the facts.
    Edited by QenQuni on March 22, 2021 11:54AM
    Order of the Panda, Red Pandas and Golden Pandas Trading guilds PS4 EU
    Options
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    Shame to see that today's update did not address this issue at all. @ZOS_GinaBruno - could you give us an update on the progress of this fix?
    It makes guild management pretty much impossible - can't see who logged in when and who to kick
    Options
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not angry, I'm just very very disappointed that the bug hasn't been fixed yet. This bug deserves more attention.
    Options
  • Ilbirs
    Ilbirs
    Soul Shriven
    I do not know when you will fix this problem, but when you fix it, then we will have to work for a very long time and restore the guilds, and how much time we will kill for this, and do it all for free spending our playing time.
    Options
  • furball_82dk
    anything new on this?
    Options
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this is ruinous for trade guilds. We need to be able to manage inactive and active info in the roster or else we will NOT be able to fund traders properly. we need to be able to clear the ranks.
    Options
  • QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking as guildmaster of Trading guilds on console myself... im not so much worried about being able to fund the traders, that we cant manage our guilds and that these issues are driving players off the server is something to worry about though. I did not see a decrease in donations at all if you have a guild that cares about each other and not just a random collection of traders who dont interact with each other, donations are not the problem.. The decrease of active players is, and also the amount of complaints we get to deal with as guildleaders is at a all time high, ESO made these mistakes and seem in no hurry to fix it but we have to deal with the fallback of those mistakes and try to keep our members calm and informed... its pretty exhausting
    Edited by QenQuni on March 22, 2021 11:56PM
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I solo the game. Hell is other people in my book. ;) That said, this an MMO and the ability to group properly, including all kinds of grouping interaction, is absolutely fundamental to any game like this.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 23, 2021 3:08PM
    Options
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    Salix_alba wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this is ruinous for trade guilds. We need to be able to manage inactive and active info in the roster or else we will NOT be able to fund traders properly. we need to be able to clear the ranks.

AFAIK, you can still see the sales history right?

Sadly, the issue cannot be solved easily as most messaging systems require you to have people in a functional roster; means I cannot send a message to all guild members to post 1 gold to the guild bank to show they've been active. Broken AF.
    Options
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    QenQuni wrote: »
    Speaking as guildmaster ... im much more worried that we cant manage our guilds and that these issues are driving players off the server is something to worry about though.. The decrease of active players is, and also the amount of complaints we get to deal with as guildleaders is at a all time high,

Yeah for me, as GM, i've already had around 5 players "quit" in past week and 4 of them told me (after i whispered them) that they were "sorry for leaving but didn't see anyone logged in recently on roster tab" . In other words, they presumed the guild was "dead" cuz they happen to login when no one was online or when members were swapping characters or whatever and the roster offline listing alphabetical order confused them.

Not everyone reads Patch Notes, much less these forums.

ruifeio wrote: »

[Quoted post was removed]

Sorry but i've never heard of a company wanting to have LESS customers using their product lol

My guess is: ESO devs have a ton of code to sort thru and it's some obscure pesky bug to deal with. Because again: i've never met a game developer who purposely breaks stuff to anger their core playerbase intentionally.

Perhaps i'm just naive though. B)
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 23, 2021 3:09PM
    Options
  • ruifeio
    ruifeio
    ✭✭✭
    ruifeio wrote: »

[Quoted post was removed]

Sorry but i've never heard of a company wanting to have LESS customers using their product lol

My guess is: ESO devs have a ton of code to sort thru and it's some obscure pesky bug to deal with. Because again: i've never met a game developer who purposely breaks stuff to anger their core playerbase intentionally.

Perhaps i'm just naive though. B)
    [/quote]

Being even more naive, Eso got to prioritize server load... so, all players history it's overload (remember prob it's not only guilds as also friends list... )

Then it's easy let's put history players in clients load, not servers load... then we got cyrodiill running with our no-proc experience.

[snip]

[edited for bashing]

Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 24, 2021 12:56PM
    Options
  • MYWARCHILD887
    MYWARCHILD887
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that the lack of urgency on the devs part shows the lack of respect that trading guilds and in turn it's GMs have in this game. We spend many hours every week with our faces in the guild roster and the last couple of updates have made it such a disaster. Between the cursor jumping with whomever you promote/demote and now not being able to see inactives I am miserable doing roster work.
    Trading guilds are vital to the games economy and more importantly it's gold sink. This needs to be addressed a lot sooner than you think. Take a walk around Mournhold on the PS4 NA and ask yourselves how many more big guilds are going to get fed up and fold before we make it better?

GM - Psijic Supreme Order
    PS4 NA - GM Psijic Supreme Order
    Options
  • kasser0le
    kasser0le

Sadly, the issue cannot be solved easily as most messaging systems require you to have people in a functional roster; means I cannot send a message to all guild members to post 1 gold to the guild bank to show they've been active. Broken AF.

I managed to get a message to all guildies using https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1358-GodSendGuildMailTool.html

I used to use it a while back and when I was having probs I thought I would give it another go, seemed to work. I used it last night *crosses fingers*
    Options
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    kasser0le wrote: »

I managed to get a message to all guildies using https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1358-GodSendGuildMailTool.html

I used to use it a while back and when I was having probs I thought I would give it another go, seemed to work. I used it last night *crosses fingers*

Thanks for that, I will try. Does it work despite members not having been online?

We had around 55 online and 40 offline that had been online during the time I was online, and my message tool only sent a message to those 95 people...
    Options
  • MKintr
    MKintr
    ✭✭✭
    Often mailboxes are full. Then you can't send them mails.
    Options
  • SownRose
    SownRose
    ✭✭✭
    I've been in a certain guild family for years. Thanks to bot farmers keeping their guilds running and legit guilds being unable to compete with them and pay 3-4 mill more per bid each week, one of my guilds is going social, ie no or lame trading spot. I'm an introvert, I just want to make gold to feed my housing addiction!

So ok, no problem, I'm still in 2 of their trading guilds, I'll just drop that one and join a trading guild that I should be fast tracked in as I am in their sister guild.

Oops! Problem!! GM tells me he can't drop anyone for inactivity!! He will get back to me after ZOS fixes the guild roster. So you aren't hurting only officers of guilds. You are hurting a lot more people than you realize.

PERMABAN bots!
    Fix the guild rosters!
    Green passives!
    Edited by SownRose on March 24, 2021 2:01PM
    Elewyn Starsong since TES3 Morrowind.
    Old Lady Gamer Girl
    "I'm not a Boomer, I'm GenX. Get it right! We gave you computers,
    Video games & the X games. You're welcome!"
    Options
  • QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Devs used to be adventurers like you... but then they took a arrow to the knee :3
    Edited by QenQuni on March 24, 2021 3:09PM
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Tezzaa wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just to update, we're still working on getting this fixed. As such, it will not be included in Monday's PC incremental patch.

Do we have any kind of ETA when this can be fixed so those os us who run guilds can make short or long term plans to accommodate this breakage?

We just finished testing a fix for this, and are planning to include it in the next incremental patch for both PC and console.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Knipskastenmann
    Knipskastenmann
    ✭✭✭
    Any ETA on these patches?
    Options
  • CynderzLite
    CynderzLite
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, just to update, we're still working on getting this fixed. As such, it will not be included in Monday's PC incremental patch.

Do we have any kind of ETA when this can be fixed so those os us who run guilds can make short or long term plans to accommodate this breakage?

We just finished testing a fix for this, and are planning to include it in the next incremental patch for both PC and console.

Could you please give us some kind of idea when that next patch would be? I’m very surprised that adding that part to this message was overlooked even a rough estimate is better than not addressing it!
    Example of proper customer service is: We are really sorry for the inconvenience and we have come up with a fix that will be included in the next patch that we are hoping will be in about....
    PSN ID CynderzLite GM of The Purple Gang NA PS4
    Options
  • XperiencedTBAG
    XperiencedTBAG
    Soul Shriven
    As an GM I don’t mind these bugs nor glitches. I really don’t. Because I already lost faith on you guys deliver quality gameplay. This is constructive critism not bashing. I really play your game because of my members. And when my members feel bad or my officers are stressed and in tears because of more work and impossible to task the inactive members , I’m angry because I feel their pain. I also agree with @CynderzLite with the reply on the fix. But like I said it’s your company and your entitled to do in your way. And like I say if you need any help with your work or anything. Ask the community or GMs. I’m sure that the replies will make you think about taking other approach on your destiny which is to make this game an success. An ideal order for making an game succesfull: Less game breaking glitches, content, listen to not only streamers but the people who put the effort to play your game everyday and finally some items to purchase.

And for the record I’m the GM of:
    RedPoint, Traders EU and True Legends
    Edited by XperiencedTBAG on March 24, 2021 6:33PM
    Options
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭

I hope you can give updates like this on problems more often, appreciate it!
    Options
  • MKintr
    MKintr
    ✭✭✭
    MKintr wrote: »
    We can expect that this fix takes some weeks. My queue of new people that want to join is 100 people long. This list expires after 8 to 15 days.

As I said before: This fix took longer than 15 days, so for me all outstanding 100 new member applications expired. 👎

Options
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can expect that this fix takes some weeks. My queue of new people that want to join is 100 people long. This list expires after 8 to 15 days.

As I said before: This fix took longer than 15 days, so for me all outstanding 100 new member applications expired. 👎

I write them on the last day an auto message with decline to reapply one week later or something like that.
    Options
  • MKintr
    MKintr
    ✭✭✭

I write them on the last day an auto message with decline to reapply one week later or something like that.

One week? You are an optimist. First they need to fix it finally, then we can expect that the whole old history is lost.
    Options
  • SownRose
    SownRose
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they fix this soon! I can't make gold if I'm not able to join a good trading guild. Then I can't give gold to a guildmate who buys crowns, then he/she gifts me a house. If I don't have gold to give them, you sell less crowns. Just thought I should mention this bc I'm sure a few ppl feel this way
    Edited by SownRose on March 24, 2021 8:13PM
    Elewyn Starsong since TES3 Morrowind.
    Old Lady Gamer Girl
    "I'm not a Boomer, I'm GenX. Get it right! We gave you computers,
    Video games & the X games. You're welcome!"
    Options
  • rotten333
    rotten333
    ✭✭
    All I know is that the first second that they fix this I am getting the big boot out for anything that looks like a slow or dead account. BAM!
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rotten333 wrote: »
    All I know is that the first second that they fix this I am getting the big boot out for anything that looks like a slow or dead account. BAM!

Will the fix put the true offline date in? Or will it reset the time for everyone and start over?
    Options
  • QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    @SownRose most regular Crownsellers do so to support the server and to help guildies... what makes you say that with these ClusterDucks they will be/remain interested in selling them? My guilds have a huge amount of Crownsellers on console and almost all of them refuse to spend a dime on ESO till things get properly fixed... some have even been talking about stopping to sell crowns all together. thats 400-600k crownsales every week that ESO is missing out on because feedback from the PTS gets ignored. Players just had it, even with a fix this is not something that will be easily repaired, without a lot of hard work to regain their trust. PS. advertising the crowncrates during these issues only pushes the community away from spending real money... makes people feel like cashcows.
    Edited by QenQuni on March 24, 2021 10:03PM
    Options
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    WILL THIS BE ROLLED IN THIS MONDAY @ZOS_GinaBruno ? PLEASE SAY YES?!
    Options