The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hidden 30- second cooldown on swapping CP's

CyberOnEso
CyberOnEso
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, between the last PTS patch and live ZOS have seemingly introduced a hidden cooldown on how often you can swap which skills are active on your champion bar. (Around 30 seconds)

You do not tell players about this cooldown, at all. You just say "One or more Champion Points slots cannot be changed"

I may have a theory as to why you have done this, however, I would love for them to let us know somehow if this was intentional and why they chose not to document it anywhere.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Could you please provide some insight. As I would really like to know why this decision was made. If you do not want players swapping CP's that regularly could you please let us know. I would love to be able to provide as much benefit to players as I can, however, with this hidden change causing many issues for me and my addon I would really like some communication as to why this change was made.

It is obviously many players aren't happy with the current implementation of the Green CP tree and many players are unhappy with the amount of micromanagement required to achieve the best results out of the system.
I tried to provide a solution for this pain point, however, you have then decided to break it by implementing a long cooldown on how often stars can be slotted to the champion bar.

Many thanks.

EDIT: After looking more into it it seems that it's actually 30 seconds not 15..
Edited by CyberOnEso on March 9, 2021 11:20AM
@CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whole Green tree should be passives
    Nothing about it should "be you need this now but cant do it"...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a lot of work seems to be butchered by this implementation, i feel sorry for you.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They probably did specifically because they wanted to keep the pain point.... they have said repeatedly they want our choices to have consequences, well if there is an adson that can ninja swap your cp, your choices have fewer consequences.....
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably did specifically because they wanted to keep the pain point.... they have said repeatedly they want our choices to have consequences, well if there is an adson that can ninja swap your cp, your choices have fewer consequences.....

And I can certainly imaging having someone using an addon and switching their CP loadout in between certain attacks and back again (otherwise, why would 15 seconds be a problem?) is 1) a bunch of server load, and 2) not the kind of combat behavior they want happening.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on March 8, 2021 4:53PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I believe OP was making a CP swapping addon primarily for overland, with the goal of allowing you to swap CP for gathering with presets.
    I may be remembering incorrectly, but it sounded like a great quality of life addon, not necessarily a combat addon.

And I can certainly imaging having someone using an addon and switching their CP loadout in between certain attacks and back again (otherwise, why would 15 seconds be a problem?) is 1) a bunch of server load, and 2) not the kind of combat behavior they want happening.

• FluffyDoom
    FluffyDoom
    ✭✭✭
    I am so disappointed to see this.

Dang, I was gonna be soooooooooo OP with my green tree quick swaps....

/sarcasm off
    /QOL off
    /new chapter excitement OFF
    /logging off

• CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This change was not on the PTS at all. It was silently introduced today.
    It is worth noting that CP can never be changed during combat, any CP respec addon could never give you a combat advantage.
    With regards to server load, the amount of requests sent to change CP compared to every other kind of action is minuscule.
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't change CP in combat anyway. It was always an out of combat thing.
    PC NA
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Can't change CP in combat anyway. It was always an out of combat thing.

Huh, ok. Then I'm really confused as to why 15 seconds would be too long.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh was that you on the auto swap addon? Thanks for trying for the rest of us. I would NOT be happy in your shoes (or ours for that matter).

I am fine with a cooldown on the blue tree. I am not fine with hidden and undocumented changes. I am all about reigning in to some degree the amount you need to micro manage between pulls in trials.

That said, the green tree, which is supposed to be full of QOL perks, amounts to nothing but a GIANT PITA.

ZOS, REMOVE SLOTABLES FROM THE GREEN TREE!!!
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad they have this cooldown, because now addons won't abuse this
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The primary 'consequence' here is players getting annoyed at Zeni's poor implementation of the Craft tree.
    PC NA
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to change out CP Stars to do non combat things is the worst mini-game ever.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very sad. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Best case, all those green CP stars are made passives.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable. 😐
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is such a slap in the face to players
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would say I'm surprised. But I'm not surprised they did this.
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    I'd refund the years I've spent playing this game on and off if I could.
    I don't understand how a game actively does its best to make sure you can't love it and enjoy it.

And it's ALWAYS some kind of silly thing like this. Why respect players time or put effort into non-combat systems.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @CyberOnEso so sorry to hear this after all your hard work. Green tree slot ables should be passive if not combat related
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For real? They really are intent on just pissing the player base off. There weren't a reason for all those slottables in the first place, none. They don't introduce consequences, except complete fake ones. If they wanted consequences then choosing one star should permanently locked you out of the others, if that was they were going for. As it is, it's all an illusion of choice and consequence, and in an attempt to force "consequences" they do this.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was unfortunately obvious this was going to happen. :(
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »

This ^

The active bar should just be like 8 or 10 abilities from whatever tree (instead of split in 3) and let you go all dpsy or all tanky and green should be passive (could have one or two actives that had a combat focus like potion ones).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks to the OP for spending time on a QoL add on for the community. i’m guessing zos did this to reduce server load, including the lack of passives checks in the green tree. guess i’ll be gathering less materials... do you think the cost of gold mats will go up even more bc of this? :open_mouth:
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I don't like having "crafting and gathering" active CP slots. And until they change it for everyone, I don't feel that addons should be the solution to this problem as console players get reamed.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP
    thanks for the heads up
    & all the work on the addon, It really is appreciated!

--- shame ZOS cannot seem to understand that most want to play the GAME not the micromanagemnt of fiddly things
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole argument for having slotted CP is to reduce server load (primarily) and have some choice (secondary benefit). How does this help crafting stuff? So silly. Entire green tree should just be passives. They aren't calculated during combat and don't matter in combat. You're just making us swap crap around just to be swapping crap around. Now I get to waste even more time doing pointless juggling of CP stars instead of actually playing.. "Ooh a node! Better swap CP.. Oooh a chest! Better swap CP..." come on!

May god have mercy on your poor soul if you're on console and you've my condolences.. this is a massive step backwards, sorry.
    Edited by Krileon on March 8, 2021 6:43PM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK... 15 seconds?

what on the green tree is needed to be swapped so fast that 15 sec cooldown is an issue? OK, you remove one and you want to put in another. Gotta wait.

A bit irritating, sure. Not sure its all that big a deal IMHO.

:#
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    This so much, swaps makes sense for combat there you can trade between sturdiness sustain and damage and healing.
    Having all makes you OP, but in some fights you want more survival. Or more damage, very nice for tank overland builds.

Now can this be because you are in combat? Unlike the quick slots (no you can not add sieges to quickslot because you are in combat even inside keep as group members are fighting on the wall but you do not as you can not equip siege)
    it makes some sense to not be able to change CP in combat, that if the in combat status worked in the first place.
    Who again should be relevant for the green tree.

I love your excellent addon, it might make some sense to make it environmental sensitive. Overland outside cities I say treasure hunter, +50 from crafting nodes and home keeper is priority. harvest speed is the fall guy who is swapped with the riding buff as unless the other 3 its luxury. Now in Cyrodil speed is an priority and in towns you are rarely in combat, but if you are you are not crafting :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Halcyon_Kismet
    Halcyon_Kismet
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry that ZOS has done this to you and all of the players. Your addon looked fantastic and me and everybody I had discussed this with was looking forward to the addon and avoiding the micromanaging game that is the current green CP tree.

The entire problem could be solved if they simply made the green tree passives. This slottable system works great for the combat perks, but honestly makes little to no sense on the green CP as these give us zero advantages in combat.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hexnotic wrote: »
    thanks to the OP for spending time on a QoL add on for the community. i’m guessing zos did this to reduce server load, including the lack of passives checks in the green tree. guess i’ll be gathering less materials... do you think the cost of gold mats will go up even more bc of this? :open_mouth:
    No its increases load, You can bake CP into your build, much easier with the new system as its less proc. Add the CP resources onto the base. This is set unless you change CP. Add armor then buffs who changes.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.