Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know, I hate to point this out, but most of us are aware of the increased ping issues outside of Cyro - which makes me wonder, if they in fact discover it's all these "if-then" sets causing the issue, what they'll do because if it's causing a problem in the smaller Cyro environment, chances are REALLY good it's also been slowing down the wider PvE world.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To answer some questions that have appeared throughout this thread:

What happens to the sets not on the list that are affected by the test?
    Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Will the change to revert the current healing restrictions also go to console?
    Yes, though this won't occur until Update 29 launch next month.

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Robes of Alteration mastery
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

So are you saying the new Moon Acolyte will work for the 5pc bonus boost, but NOT the penalty??

*Slots New Moon Acolyte and Red Eagles Fury.
  • SonofThunder
    SonofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    No War Maiden? What is the proc on that set?

I imagine the set has to check every time you use a skill if the damage is magic damage.

Oh boy. L2C I suppose.
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    Will you be providing a complete list of sets that are impacted?
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aquatorch wrote: »
    Will you be providing a complete list of sets that are impacted?

there is literally a list of all the sets NOT impacted in the very first post. Reverse that and you have your list of sets that will be impacted
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there is literally a list of all the sets NOT impacted in the very first post. Reverse that and you have your list of sets that will be impacted

Except it's not 'all' sets as they had to add some after people started asking questions, like shacklebreaker for example.
    It's also not clear if 5pc sets with multiple bonuses are fully disabled, like new moon cost reduction.

Literally.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Depending on the level of success of this test we might eventually see a lot of these % increase/decrease sets reworked as flat bonuses similar to how worm cult and hircines were changed.

Or maybe they'll learn how to efficiently code. The fact that something like Seducer's is calculated at time of ability cast for every single ability cast is an utter joke and something I would expect from someone who has never been involved in developing anything.

You know what gear I have equipped, you know what skills I have slotted. Calc it once if gear or abilities change and store it. If something as basic as this is coded so inefficiently, then this problem is likely so embedded into the very way they've built this game that it would take foundational reworks to resolve.

^^^
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

So are you saying the new Moon Acolyte will work for the 5pc bonus boost, but NOT the penalty??

*Slots New Moon Acolyte and Red Eagles Fury.

Neither part of Red eagle would work
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Bucky_13 wrote: »

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

This still needs clarification, and it's not the only set which has a proc AND a stat bonus is the same slot (I e 5th slot for NMA)

You will only get the 2, 3 and 4 piece set bonuses for NMA.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Unslots New Moon Acolyte and Red Eagles Fury. :D

*Slots Spriggans and Draugr Hulk. :#
    Edited by goldenarcher1 on February 9, 2021 6:48PM
  • SonofThunder
    SonofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Depending on the level of success of this test we might eventually see a lot of these % increase/decrease sets reworked as flat bonuses similar to how worm cult and hircines were changed.

Or maybe they'll learn how to efficiently code. The fact that something like Seducer's is calculated at time of ability cast for every single ability cast is an utter joke and something I would expect from someone who has never been involved in developing anything.

You know what gear I have equipped, you know what skills I have slotted. Calc it once if gear or abilities change and store it. If something as basic as this is coded so inefficiently, then this problem is likely so embedded into the very way they've built this game that it would take foundational reworks to resolve.

^^^

+1
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question about 2xAP is still relevant)
    PC/EU
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

This still needs clarification, and it's not the only set which has a proc AND a stat bonus is the same slot (I e 5th slot for NMA)

For Mighty Chudan for example, would we get the armor and health bonus and not the major resolve?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be double AP active during the tests?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Will there be double AP active during the tests?
    The question about 2xAP is still relevant)

i dont know why.
    what do we Possibly get for AP? a title? alliance rank? those are both useless.
    if we get anything for this test, i would want Gold! and Lots of it!

we have to now make and/or farm entire new sets, and gold them out, that will cost around 1 million gold to do that, just for a 3 week test.

Edited by Gilvoth on February 9, 2021 7:21PM
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Thanks for the clarification, would've been fun if this wasn't the case, but it would've made NMA too good.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    we have to now make and/or farm entire new sets, and gold them out, that will cost around 1 million gold to do that, just for a 3 week test. please return that 1 Million Gold to us for this test.

if we include rings necklace jewelry then it may cost 2 million, maybe more.

Edited by Gilvoth on February 9, 2021 7:25PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    we have to now make and/or farm entire new sets, and gold them out, that will cost around 1 million gold to do that, just for a 3 week test. PLEASE return that 1 Million Gold to us for this test.

I don't think you have to gold them out, but some of the best remaining sets are crafted and even purple jewelry isn't cheap
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2m gold for everyone.

Could just stick it in the daily log-on rewards. :p
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    we have to now make and/or farm entire new sets, and gold them out, that will cost around 1 million gold to do that, just for a 3 week test. PLEASE return that 1 Million Gold to us for this test.

I don't think you have to gold them out, but some of the best remaining sets are crafted and even purple jewelry isn't cheap

I am not sure why people think they need to gold out gear and spend millions of gold for a three week test. Just use one crafted and one non crafted set and make sure your non crafted set is your purple jewelry. Run Spinners/Spriggans jewelry and at most, you would need to spend like 60K on jewelry if you don't already have it lying around in a bank.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I am not sure why people think they need to gold out gear and spend millions of gold for a three week test. Just use one crafted and one non crafted set and make sure your non crafted set is your purple jewelry. Run Spinners/Spriggans jewelry and at most, you would need to spend like 60K on jewelry if you don't already have it lying around in a bank.

My problem would be; I had some of this stuff, but did I decon due to benefit of the sticker book. Transmute stones will add up, or I buy with gold. Or farm. Really not that bad.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2m gold for everyone.

Could just stick it in the daily log-on rewards. :p

Or they could introduce a new item to one of the vendors in the alliance base. Call it something like "Testaments of Valour" or something else. Make it cost 1,000 AP perhaps and then be sellable for somewhere from 2,000 to 5,000 gold to any vendor. Essentially a method of converting AP earned in Cyrodiil during this test into gold.
    Edited by ealdwin on February 9, 2021 7:42PM
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thanks for the feedback.

So basically you are removing any set that requires of a situational calculation?
    For example: Willow has a 25% increase on recoveries. Since recoveries may vary because of buffs, a new calculation must be done and thus the set is out of the usable list.

Can you really have any insight on such a huge test? I believe the answer will be "yes, the performance is better". So what's next?

It would be great if you could explain the hypothesis with a basic "if", "then", "due to".
    Example:

If all situational calculations are removed
    then ........
    due to.......

This will allow us players to have a better understanding of the goal and not see it as a waste of our time and fun. I'm a 100% pvper and this will affect me for 3 weeks.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

My problem would be; I had some of this stuff, but did I decon due to benefit of the sticker book. Transmute stones will add up, or I buy with gold. Or farm. Really not that bad.

And you will also get most or all of the transmutes returned when you decon afterwards, assuming you were collecting sets for the last few months.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With some foresight they could have made items to be removed, but since they don't seem sure which sets will work they clearly didn't go this route.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

that is just not true at all.
    just about everyone is going to max out and Gold all their new jewelry and armor sets for pvp.
    you specificly and at most 5 people "wont" Gold out thier jewelry and weapons and armors but the rest of us will and i am asking we get compensation for that which could go over 2 Million Gold
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

that is just not true at all.
    just about everyone is going to max out and Gold all their new jewelry and armor sets for pvp.
    you specificly and at most 5 people "wont" Gold out thier jewelry and weapons and armors but the rest of us will and i am asking we get compensation for that which could go over 2 Million Gold

I'll wear gold jewelry if I have it, but really the only significant improvement is in weapons.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still, this is kind of forcing set usage and that should have been planned for
  • prof_doom
    prof_doom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »
    You know, I hate to point this out, but most of us are aware of the increased ping issues outside of Cyro - which makes me wonder, if they in fact discover it's all these "if-then" sets causing the issue, what they'll do because if it's causing a problem in the smaller Cyro environment, chances are REALLY good it's also been slowing down the wider PvE world.

It probably does (go ask some trial groups about lag), but since most PVE stuff is groups of 12 or less in an area, versus PVP where you shove 25-75 people into and around a keep on a regular basis, it doesn't quite reach the level of intolerable.
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, so even Swamp Raider and Witch-knight are going to be affected even though they are just raw stat gains? Are you really sure the first post contains a list of ALL non-affected sets?
This discussion has been closed.