The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, when I am using a "Perfected Wrath of Elements" I will keep my 1190 Spell Penetration?

Just like New Moon Acolyte will lose it's 5% cost increase, but keep the added weapon damage?
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on February 9, 2021 3:19PM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just letting you know we're working on getting answers to some more of your questions today, including some of the specific sets called out. Stay tuned...

It’s a little disconcerting that you guys don’t have defined parameters of this test yet, especially when it’s going live in less than a week.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It would be useful to know if it is a simple. 'The checks are disabled' or whether things are being specifically blocked.

For example New Moon: Adds 401 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage and Increases the cost of your active abilities by 5%. Is the whole thing disabled or just the cost increase part because that's the 'check'?

As well as simply the sets listed https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7115470/#Comment_7115470 (and in other posts im sure you are aware of).
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just letting you know we're working on getting answers to some more of your questions today, including some of the specific sets called out. Stay tuned...

Thank you. Looking forward to the test, so long as we know exactly what to expect.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad that you are continuing to test on how to improve Cyrodiil's performance.
    Though it is seems unlikely that the sets bonuses is a major cause for the bad performance.

It seems far more likely that the outdated game engine itself isn't able to keep up with all the calculations in regard to lighting, shadow and cosmetics(overall combat graphics) which were greatly increased since game's release.
    Upgrading the server's capability in processing a lot of information at the same time will solve most of the issues in my opinion :)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming this is the route they go down with PvP in the future.....
    • Enable Buff sets like Mighty Chudan and cost reduction sets like Seducer to work in PvP. Put a marker on all sets bonuses which do not function in PvP.
    • Let procs critically strike so they have some value again. No point in them being useless in PvE when also disabled in PvP.
    Edited by Vaoh on February 9, 2021 3:54PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To answer some questions that have appeared throughout this thread:

What happens to the sets not on the list that are affected by the test?
    Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Will the change to revert the current healing restrictions also go to console?
    Yes, though this won't occur until Update 29 launch next month.

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Robes of Alteration mastery
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be more ok with 3xAP than double AP tbh
  • Noszet
    Noszet
    ✭✭✭
    What about Torugs Pact? Will wepaon enchantments be disabled?
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭

Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

So are you saying the new Moon Acolyte will work for the 5pc bonus boost, but NOT the penalty??
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

They give us 3x and I will lose 3 weeks of my life in PVP. Do it ZOS and heaps of people will test this for you lol.
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    pls say it’s JUST a test pls say it’s JUST a test pls say it’s JUST a test

I don’t want 20 out of almost 500 sets in the game to be the new pvp.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Title of the post is "Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details"
    @Solar_Breeze
  • LtClungeX
    LtClungeX
    ✭✭✭
    I think having this as standard could fix pvp.

Like In Oblivion where your op GOD character has to wear a raiment to keep it balanced in the arena.
    After all in cyro we aren't the savior of Nirn we're just soldiers.
    in 1.5 when using 5 seducers and 5 silks of the sun for a mag DK was meta it was fun!! people died faster and it was more skillful, yes it was less balanced in the sense of infinite dodge roll etc but bringing that back now may make pvp rather fun.

It would also expose where classes need a buff at the baseline rather than a class using or needing a proc set as a crutch.

• Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

So are you saying the new Moon Acolyte will work for the 5pc bonus boost, but NOT the penalty??

This still needs clarification, and it's not the only set which has a proc AND a stat bonus is the same slot (I e 5th slot for NMA)
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭

The last round of testing was also a test but they said in the post something along the lines of “if we find good results then chain casting aoes won’t be a part of eso pvp”

...they didn’t get good results.

What do they do if they do/don’t find good results with this one?
  • zanohttrb14_ESO
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Depending on the level of success of this test we might eventually see a lot of these % increase/decrease sets reworked as flat bonuses similar to how worm cult and hircines were changed.

Or maybe they'll learn how to efficiently code. The fact that something like Seducer's is calculated at time of ability cast for every single ability cast is an utter joke and something I would expect from someone who has never been involved in developing anything.

You know what gear I have equipped, you know what skills I have slotted. Calc it once if gear or abilities change and store it. If something as basic as this is coded so inefficiently, then this problem is likely so embedded into the very way they've built this game that it would take foundational reworks to resolve.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This will be holy cow scenario! :DB)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hunch is we may actually see a performance improvement this test. Because there's going to be hardly anyone in cyro. 18 - eighteen- sets? That's what we get to play with now. I get what they're trying to achieve but it's going to feel less like an MMO and more like an online shooter.

I'm wondering whether, if they're going to go down this road, we should just cut to the chase, scrap sets altogether and give everyone a resource buff of their choice (stam, mag or health) and a skill buff of their choice (defence, attack, healing) etc At least it would save people wasting time farmign sets and mats golding them out. Liek I say tho, it's starting to feel like team fortress or something then...

edited as I keep clicking the wrong button
    Edited by Larcomar on February 9, 2021 4:47PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The last round of testing was also a test but they said in the post something along the lines of “if we find good results then chain casting aoes won’t be a part of eso pvp”

Then I think it would be safe to assume that certain sets and passives might be reworked in the future to lower the impact of procs. Similar to how they would have reworked AOE's.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭

Then I think it would be safe to assume that certain sets and passives might be reworked in the future to lower the impact of procs. Similar to how they would have reworked AOE's.

I hope so :smile: despite how unpopular the current meta is right now, it would be a real shame to see long term set restrictions in cyrodiil
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Depending on the level of success of this test we might eventually see a lot of these % increase/decrease sets reworked as flat bonuses similar to how worm cult and hircines were changed.

Or maybe they'll learn how to efficiently code.
    I was trying to be realistic though :D
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I hope so :smile: despite how unpopular the current meta is right now, it would be a real shame to see long term set restrictions in cyrodiil

Eh. Meta needs a shakeup
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonder if Battle Spirit can be used to change sets only for cyro?

like giving a flat value to any percentage based buff, changing how a proc works, adding a cooldown, or even outright replacing a proc with a flat stat boost.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Eh. Meta needs a shakeup

There’s a difference between a shakeup and taking away the possibility of build diversity.
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »
    Hey Gina, just a suggestion that if you want an actual true test then I suggest either disabling IC or implementing the test in there aswell as every single person who doesnt like change will just go in IC and lag that out and in turn lag the server aswell. We need to try and get this sorted and leaving avenues of escape for us lazy gamers will not help :smile:

It's true... During the last test events, my entire guild went to IC the whole time.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am concerned because so few sets remain available, that many people will just leave pvp entirely or not show up during the tests. That would twist the results by itself, because fewer people play. I can not imagine everyone will bother farming 2 of these legal sets.

Though this list also shows, how much strain ZoS has put on their own game by creating almost exclusively proc or calculation heavy sets.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to me this test makes sense, since each set may need a conditional line coding, with the amount of conditional coding needed in a pvp zone, it can cause lag, this is why zos keeps saying about add ons causing the probs, that does not added to it
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I am concerned because so few sets remain available, that many people will just leave pvp entirely or not show up during the tests. That would twist the results by itself, because fewer people play. I can not imagine everyone will bother farming 2 of these legal sets.

Though this list also shows, how much strain ZoS has put on their own game by creating almost exclusively proc or calculation heavy sets.
    Some people may leave but considering that many actually asked for this change for years already (in fact some like myself never wanted proc sets in Cyro in the first place) I am not sure if that's gonna be the case. Or at least I intend to come back check it out for myself and I am sure that I am not the only one.
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    Perhpas it's a dumb question, but will these tests affect all kind of campaigns, CP, non-CP, IC @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
This discussion has been closed.