The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    what about the Hawk eye set, and the Mighty Chudan shoulder and helm, both of those do not have procs.

Hawk's Eye

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Reduces the cost and increases the damage of your Bow abilities by 6%.

and

Mighty Chudan

(1 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (2 items) Gain Major Ward and Major Resolve at all times, increasing your Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280.
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

Edited by Gilvoth on February 9, 2021 12:41AM
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    what about the Hawk eye set, and the Mighty Chudan shoulder and helm, both of those do not have procs.

Hawk's Eye

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Reduces the cost and increases the damage of your Bow abilities by 6%.

and

Mighty Chudan

(1 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (2 items) Gain Major Ward and Major Resolve at all times, increasing your Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280.
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

Hawks eye is literally similar to seducers, the example they themself used lol. It has to check wether ur ability is a bow ability or not.

Mighty chudan should work though.
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I assume that like previous tests this is PC only?

Also, is the change to revert the healing restriction also occurring for console on 15th Feb?
    If not do you know when this will occur?
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on February 9, 2021 1:08AM
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will dramatically lower the value of tel var and ap, considering most pvp sets will no longer work in pvp, lol.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone saying "you forgot about this set" stuff read the OP. Percentage modifiers on abilities count as "procs" because it involves the server running a check on each ability to see if the modifier applies.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Body is ready/Feelsgoodman/inoffensivederivitivePOGface
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    I felt this last time, and now doubly so.

PLEASE PROVIDE PLAYERS WITH PTS-like sacks of GOLD GEAR THAT CAN BE SAFELY DELETED AT THE END OF THE TEST.
    PROVIDE items in every weight and trait.

OR

Run this on the PTS, turn off Ravenwatch etc and provide an incentive for participating -- hell I'm sure most of us would do it for 3 weeks for a free mount or skin.

Are you seriously expecting us to go farm gold mats and spend transmutation stones, expensive Tri-Stat glyphs etc just to test something for three weeks?

Thanks,
    Rom.
    Edited by Romilly on February 9, 2021 2:15AM
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    No swift set?
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    So ZOS is going to do a test after the pvp event with almost no set to use and healing restrictions.

I would say that will be impossible not notice any improvement.

Next time take off the players also, maybe we will see more improvement.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Romilly wrote: »

PLEASE PROVIDE PLAYERS WITH PTS-like sacks of GOLD GEAR THAT CAN BE SAFELY DELETED AT THE END OF THE TEST.

OR

Run this on the PTS, turn off Ravenwatch etc and provide an incentive for participating -- hell I'm sure most of us would do it for 3 weeks for a free mount or skin.

Are you seriously expecting us to go farm gold mats and spend transmutation stones, expensive Tri-Stat glyphs etc just to test something for three weeks?

Thanks,
    Rom.

No one tests PvP in the PTS as it is, like seriously it's usually like 4 people combined from all 3 factions. It HAS to be on the live server. As for gear, I get the frustration, but I am certainly not making anything gold, just gonna pop on some old gear that I have that's on the list and go for it.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romilly wrote: »

OR

Thanks,
    Rom.

Why go to all of that trouble? Just craft purple level gear. And split up enchants between mag, stam and health rather than run tristat. And you can just collect all of a set you plan to use transmutes on and just get them all back after the test is over.
  • Durruthy
    Durruthy
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone, not that my opinion matters at all but I figured I'd say something. First time I actually even post on the forums. Anyways I have been playing this game since Beta and the game has always sufferer in PvP performance. This was even before Master Weps/Monster Sets/Wep Poisons/Proc Sets were even implemented in the game. Sadly the game has always lacked on its performance when it came to PvP. They have done a lot of changes in the pass before any of this testing. Some from the top of my head were, removing the "666 Deers from Cyrodill"??? Also before that they have to reduce the amount of players a PvP sever could hold on each campaign on each faction, those are a few im sure there are more. At the end of the day im not a computer guru or everything about coding or severs but ESO on its pvp side has always lacked. In general Wep Poisons and Proc sets have been implemented in the game for those player who do not understand the game and dont have the time to invest into it and just spam 1 key to proc something and kill a player. Unfortunately the game each year keeps getting toned down to a level of game play that a 5 year old kid could understand. At the end of the day removing proc sets, wep poisons ect.. the game will still under-perform. And its very sad to admit since this is a game i have been playing since 2014, you would think they would have gotten it right by now. The game has come a long way since it release day but still lacks in some major points. I hope things do work out during this testing. But i think CP should be a PvE thing and No-CP should be for PvP. Removing procs and poisons would actually be nice but they are not the problem with performance. We have had performance problems before those things where even thought of being in game.
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QUESTION:

I'm assuming this means all Monster Sets are affected by the test and thereby disabled. Can we confirm if this is so?

What about the two Monster Sets (Slimecraw and Mighty Chudan) that grant Major/Minor system buffs with permanent uptime, and do not have a conditional proc? Are they too disabled?

This is purely for information. My opinion on the test will be determined by the actual experience through its duration.

Thanks for working on performance in Cyrodiil, and on the megaservers generally. It remains one of the biggest issues friends cite as the reason they're not ready to join me and play.
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the test, and I hope there is double AP as an incentive for more players to participate in it.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QUESTION:

I'm assuming this means all Monster Sets are affected by the test and thereby disabled. Can we confirm if this is so?

What about the two Monster Sets (Slimecraw and Mighty Chudan) that grant Major/Minor system buffs with permanent uptime, and do not have a conditional proc? Are they too disabled?

This is purely for information. My opinion on the test will be determined by the actual experience through its duration.

Thanks for working on performance in Cyrodiil, and on the megaservers generally. It remains one of the biggest issues friends cite as the reason they're not ready to join me and play.

From the list the provided it seems apparent to me that perma-buff sets like what you mention (others include medusa etc) will not work. They indicated that the list the provided is exhaustive and it includes no perma-buff sets.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about monster and mythic sets? Slimecraw, Ring of the Wild Hunt and maybe Malacath would seem to fit. Most others not so much.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 9, 2021 4:07AM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    QUESTION:

From the list the provided it seems apparent to me that perma-buff sets like what you mention (others include medusa etc) will not work. They indicated that the list the provided is exhaustive and it includes no perma-buff sets.

Except there is nothing that gives confidence this list is exhaustive. Actually the opposite when right away, people noticed Shacklebreaker wasnt there and they edited it back in. PvPers are competitive and do not want to go in shorthanded by misinformation. We need clarity and confidence that we know what we are going into before investing time and resources for a test we don't even know what works, or if it does; WTH the plan would be.
    Edited by techyeshic on February 9, 2021 4:11AM
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could you please clarify, are the sets like seducers completely unusable, or will only the proc bonus not work and only 4pc stats enabled? In other words, if the set isn't on the list, will any of it work or will none of it work?
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one question:

Where do we send the invoice for our time as beta testers?
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Another thing, I noticed that Amber plasm has recovery stats, so how come willows path is not included in the list, its all recovery stats, if recovery stats are not proc, then why is this set not on the list
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't be sure, but because Willow's path is a % boost to all regen, it probably has to continually go into that conditional/calculation layer. Amber plasm just adds a fixed amount of regen which never varies.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only one question:

Since when do beta testers get paid? Pretty sure these days, it's the other way around.
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean the announcement is a little contradictory. Mighty Chudan is a Monster set that gives pure stat gains (it adds resistances) and does not have a proc condition.

Further, New Moon Acolyte grants stats but its penalty procs off of abilities (and increases them by 5%). Does this mean the stat bonus is included but the penalty is not? Or (this is my guess) that the entire last line is disabled? Or, like some have suggested, all of the set's bonuses are disabled because it has a conditional last line?

Neither is included in the list. Some clarification would be appreciated.
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else, this test will show how inefficeint certain sets are coded (why is Seducer and sets like it a proc?) and how badly certain specs are overly reliant on procs (good luck to those mag NBs these weeks).
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    worrallj wrote: »
    QUESTION:

Except there is nothing that gives confidence this list is exhaustive. Actually the opposite when right away, people noticed Shacklebreaker wasnt there and they edited it back in. PvPers are competitive and do not want to go in shorthanded by misinformation. We need clarity and confidence that we know what we are going into before investing time and resources for a test we don't even know what works, or if it does; WTH the plan would be.

Yes there is:
    Heyo gang!

The full list of Sets which are not affected by this test are as follows:
    • Amber Plasm
    • Armor of the Trainee
    • Beekeeper’s Gear
    • Crafty Alfiq
    • Draugr Hulk
    • Endurance
    • Fortified Brass
    • Grace of the Ancients
    • Hunding’s Rage
    • Impregnable Armor
    • Law of Julianos
    • Leviathan
    • Mother’s Sorrow
    • Plague Doctor
    • Shacklebreaker
    • Spinner’s Garments
    • Spriggan’s Thorns
    • Willpower Agility
    At this time, we are planning for this test to run for ...
    Edited by worrallj on February 9, 2021 7:02AM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agility should probably be its own entry on the list, not tacked on to the end of Willpower. Unless there's a "Willpower Agility" set I'm unaware of.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Re, Purple gear - sure - but purple rings are still 300k a set roughly. Even purple gear is non trivial to make.

Regarding getting stones back - is that actually working now?

W
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else, this test will show how inefficeint certain sets are coded (why is Seducer and sets like it a proc?) and how badly certain specs are overly reliant on procs (good luck to those mag NBs these weeks).

Right?! Like... they already know how the math should work with regards to multiple sources applying cost reduction, so one would think they could literally get away with having... let's say 4 variables to handle this (stam cost reduction, magicka cost reduction, ultimate cost reduction, and global cost reduction), and then just have that be factored in at cast time, rather than having to treat every gods damned source of reduction as a proc.

Makes me wonder how many of their engineers have actually worked on a back-end/server-side application before... just so many inefficiencies over this one stupid decision.
    Only one question:

I think you mean QA tester, and I've asked the same question numerous times. Obviously they'd never pay because its free labor, unless you managed to sue them in some capacity... which seems incredibly likely to fail since they'll argue that you could just not play.

So in lieu of seeking compensation, I've contented myself with making sure they don't make a dime off of me until someone over there gets a clue and figures out how to run this *** and address these problems.

Incidentally ZOS, I'm sure several other games would like to thank you for the business they received with funds that were diverted away from you.
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh no

What must I do as a magsorc now :p

*Keeps stacking max mag*
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artorias24 wrote: »
    Why is shackle not on the list? Its pure stats.

Apologies, this was inadvertently missed. Just edited the original post to include Shacklebreaker as a set that is not affected by this test.

And willows path?
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
This discussion has been closed.