The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you think classes need rebalanced?

• BangX
    BangX
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nightblade needs some more penetration to kill tanky targets in pvp. Remove cast times on incap strike and give surprise attack its major breach back. Also make mark target give you minor brittle and minor breach.

As for the other classes, Templars and dragonknight's need to be buffed. I remember when stamina templars and dk's were the most overpowered class in pvp, fun times, now they're a joke and they're only good for bank space.
    Edited by BangX on October 2, 2020 4:38AM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka nightblade really needs something group utility and buff to that heal that replaces invisibility

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Yes:
    • StamDens are too often close to God Mode;
    • MagSorcs are still too powerful as they are able to defend/deal damage/be mobile in the same build
    • no builds should be unbillable and some classes can obtain that - Necros and Wardens

You could only be talking about PvP here.
    Warden's in PvE are the worst class, both Stam and mag, although Stam is worse. Necro's i don't have an issue with they play their part. IF anything, buff others classes to Necro.

Wardens are great tanks and healers and yes bottom tier damage dealers. 2 out of 3 aint bad but we should always strive for better.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    x48rph wrote: »
    Voting no cause it really doesn't matter. Balance is a myth that will never happen unless all classes are generic. You can't make classes feel unique, have unique playstyles, and still somehow make them all perfectly equal. Not to mention ZOS will never let the game reach a point where all things are balanced anyway. They will keep tweaking, changing, and moving the bar so you got to keep grinding. I'm sure they will continue to release OP pay to win classes every other year as well and then slowly nerf them until it's time for the next one.

I agree balance is a myth but the class audit came and went and the shape that alot of class skills/ults/passives are left in is horrifying.

I dont think we all really care about true balance but we want it somewhat close while having a unique reason to play every class.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Rebalance?”
    When did these devs balance the game?
    They’ve given up and are now focusing on proc sets.

Remember when they “standardized” dots? Or when they made class spammables “viable?”
    They’ve had so many” visions “ only to give up on them the following patch.

Proc sets and p2w jewelry have been the only constant.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes there is unbalance atm. Specially stamcros and stamdens. This is because of class passives and a few select skills that are overtuned : some examples are Blastbones, Guardian Spirit, Arctic Wind.

The buff overhaul is putting the class balance in a better spot. But is it enough?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    MagDK needs either a skill cost reduction, or mag/stam recovery in PASSIVES, at the moment it is just too brutal, I end up choosing 14k health (using witch mother's for the sustain) or 17k+ on pickled fish, but with seriously awful sustain.

I can't comment on stamDK, I don't have one.

they have that rss on ult passive from earthen heart tree (forgot the name) but it feels like half of the time that's wasted. If they buffed that passive and instead made it give resources over a short duration I think it would be better.

For example, if your stam/mag was full when you cast an ult you get nothing but if its over a few seconds it would at least help with the cost of the next few skills you cast.

I like that idea. I hate getting nothing for ulti casting if I've got full mag, and I'll admit, I'm used to casting ulti at close to the beginning of the fight. Old healing habits die hard. xD
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I really dislike how nightblade straight up underperforms aside from a select few very particular builds which only just hold up in their niches.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    SBE changes help the least because we have no resource buffs, combustion is unaffected and even building for it with a charged staff you're still left dry even with parse food which isn't even reasonable to scale from because no one uses it in actual content.

DK ult passive, if you're going to balance our sustain around it ( it's not, balanced btw, sustaining is hell ) then you need to look at all the use cases. Two specific cases come to mind that are ignored.

1. Everyone pops ult at the beginning of PvE fights, but you're already at max resources so we're starting off in a bad way.

2. Save ult for specific burst strats or in PvP for when you want to FINISH HIM.

Proposed Fix

Current effect (Possibly capped at 250 to not make it overpowered)

AND

Give recovery for each ult you hold, around 2 per ult sounds reasonable.

AND

Give recovery for x seconds after spending ult for how much you spend.

OR

Just give us a reasonable sustain passive either reduced cost for fire skills or a flat resource buff; we freaking need it.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Of course with Minor / Major change a lot of class skills will become essentially dead.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Rebalance or separate PvP and PvE skills, or just give us class change tokens. Enough with class imbalance in PvP!
    Edited by LightYagami on October 16, 2020 5:43AM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Yes:
    • StamDens are too often close to God Mode;
    • MagSorcs are still too powerful as they are able to defend/deal damage/be mobile in the same build
    • no builds should be unbillable and some classes can obtain that - Necros and Wardens

You could only be talking about PvP here.
    Warden's in PvE are the worst class, both Stam and mag, although Stam is worse. Necro's i don't have an issue with they play their part. IF anything, buff others classes to Necro.

Did you check stamden parses on pts? One of the highiest on current pts, 110k+ and more. Stamden will be probably a top dog both pvp (god mode for a very long time already) and pve
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    BangX wrote: »
    Nightblade needs some more penetration to kill tanky targets in pvp. Remove cast times on incap strike and give surprise attack its major breach back. Also make mark target give you minor brittle and minor breach.

As for the other classes, Templars and dragonknight's need to be buffed. I remember when stamina templars and dk's were the most overpowered class in pvp, fun times, now they're a joke and they're only good for bank space.

Lol you dont need any more killing power at all. Stamina nightblades is busted in PvP. The annoying veno smite + sheer venom from stealth has to go to. No risk but high rewards. Really cowardice playstyle
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    ZOS already stated that will happen, probably next pts cycle
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK is really bad in meta builds now. In pve it is not best tank too now. To many dead skills. Wing's , dragon blood green morph and etc. It gives less than Sorcs clanfir in healing, as example for pve.
    The same for templars may be.

Wardens are good, necromancers are overpovered the same time.
    Sorcs are good too. And NB is NB.

Wings is really bad ! If it just work like vampire mist it would be match better than this. Really useless skill.

Or some charge like or fly skill would be much better. As example like streak.

And i do not like its changed animation by the way.

But if some changes - may be it will not be better, it can be even more unplayable.

So i do not know what is better.

And i hate rebuild my character each 3 month.
    Edited by AyaDark on October 16, 2020 1:42PM
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    considering that DK graduated from "bottom of the barrel" to "somewhere underneath the rat nest beneath the bottom of the barrel" while Necromancer is still broken-tier... yes. saying classes need rebalancing is like saying there's "a wee bit of ice" in Antarctica.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Synssaturdayy9
    Yes
    *Templar has no burst damage
    *They lack sustain
    *They lack in healing which is a healing class (for stamplar)
    *Jabs don't dot anymore
    *doesn't have major mending anymore which that buff is getting nerfed
    *has terrible passives
    *has a lack of viable class skills
    *jabs doesn't snare anymore
    The list goes on and on these aren't even all the issues with the class these are just some that comes up in my
    head because ive played the class for so long i can remember what it was like but now this class is unplayable
    and im a templar main saying that almost the same with every other class the only thing buffing them are damage modifiers
    and proc set's ive played every class in the game and boy i can tell you it is not fun trying to play something that's nerfed the last time i swapped my main was in wraithstone after the stamblade nerfs i was like damn i gotta play something i enjoy playing so i played stamden for a night and i loved it then i went to stamdk for a couple of weeks i started to main this class for a month i loved it as well and then i had to stop playing for a couple of weeks because i had to focus at school and work when i came back it was in scalebreaker and i heard dk got nerfed so that's when i picked my new class to main i just loved how stamplar felt and ever since then i haven't stopped playing this class and rn i can say that i miss the way it once was especially on dk as well elsweyr was an awesome patch i miss how the game was back then i loved it was fun but now ive just been having to deal with life and i miss those day's
    Edited by Synssaturdayy9 on October 17, 2020 5:46AM
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    basicaly all mag classes need buff... since it start to be not even fun to play on mag... why if I can perform much better on stam build..
  • Hakkanistorm
    Hakkanistorm
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It is necessary to remove the templar class from the game. Nothing will help them, to get so many undeserved nerfs ... and the warden just runs and destroys everything

burning broke, potl was broken, survival rate is at zero. Just spam jabs and die of uselessness
    Edited by Hakkanistorm on October 17, 2020 7:24AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It is necessary to remove the templar class from the game. Nothing will help them, to get so many undeserved nerfs ... and the warden just runs and destroys everything

burning broke, potl was broken, survival rate is at zero. Just spam jabs and die of uselessness

As long as you have people on the forums dying from nothing but jabs(basically terrible players), templars won't see any buffs.
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's inevitable, first of all not all classes seen their rework yet and probably others will see one more also as they remaking their standards again.
    Secondly after major/minor ones were rethought some classes/roles(depending on said classes)/races (sustain ones are not needed at all as example) appeared in much more unfare state than before and need some work asap and not next update (or even further).

The real question is will all classes be rebalanced before they change their "design standards" yet again.

Because it is really starting to feel like "balance" is Wile E. Coyote and "design standards" are the Road Runner!

Balance forever chasing an uncatchable and ever shifting target. :'(
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Shantu wrote: »
    Basically because I'm not confident that any attempt by this team would deliver us to a better place. Does anyone really know what "balance" means anymore? Seems more like a shifting target that gets redefined on a whim.

It does, but at this point I'm not sure there's much to lose.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yea, but they have yet to balance anything else in the game that well, so not a lot of confidence.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Swordancer
    Swordancer
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I am not afraid of that. Sometimes the only way to makes things right is a great flood. When developers are loosing control over the software sometimes the only thing is rewriting it using better techniques and newer technologies. I belive this is what can save ESO from beeing forgotten one day when our patient will be gone and some other titles will get our attention. More youtubers and streamers are talking about it all the time. ESO reputation is suffering a lot right now. There is a lot of legitimate hatred out there. I belive it is always a risk to rebalance classes but if you do it right the way it can change everything.
    Edited by Swordancer on October 17, 2020 11:52PM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes and no, but ultimately; yes?

Theres been a couple outliers but I think a lot of it has come from them tweaking little bits on their way to some standardization but never making it all the way. Large swings from starting the DOT meta (Templar OP) to nerfing DOTs into oblivion, to set standardization along with heal standardization and increased battle spirit reduction which I feel elevated classes that had huge buffs/debuffs and nailed classes relying on sets, and amplified by buffing proc sets, to now buff standardization again which they did before the DOT meta.

So yes; obviously they need to fix this mess, but no; they keep making it worse, but ultimately; cant leave as is so yes.
  • Hakkanistorm
    Hakkanistorm
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Players- Please do something with pvp, I died at 11 dots
    Zos - (silent for 3 seconds) adds 3 new proc sets
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It has to be done considering the latest attempts at standartizing things really hit some classes hard in particular. I would encourage you to not expect good things as the developer team seems to be not really playing the game or keeping a close eye on how certain classes are doing for a very very long time now.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes DK and templar both need major overhaul to compete with wardens and necros. Probably by design but the lead tank class in this game sits under p2w classes... not ok.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It has to be done considering the latest attempts at standartizing things really hit some classes hard in particular. I would encourage you to not expect good things as the developer team seems to be not really playing the game or keeping a close eye on how certain classes are doing for a very very long time now.

This seems to be the root of it. They look at each thing in a bubble rather than how a class is doing big picture. Probably think templar is going to be OP with the reduction of major evasion because jabs hit hard.
  • Hakkanistorm
    Hakkanistorm
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    nwhly556urfb.jpg

8 hits in a row Where is my burnig light?