The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Proc burst damage is out of control

BohnT2
BohnT2
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
With the newly introduced sets in explosive rebuke and frenzied momentum proc burst damage has reached ridiculous numbers that are unbearable in PvP.

It's easily doable to one shot people with 35k Hp without using ultimates just by stacking 3 damage procs and there is almost nothing you can do against that, the room for error is very very small.

jt9m4vqnjytc.gif
The person in this GIF had 32k HP and died without getting hit by an ultimate.

Please for the love of balance don't let explosive rebuke and frenzied momentum make it to the live servers this will ruin the game even more than procs already do.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30k+ damage from a heavy attack :)

Raise the Floor, lower the ceiling.
  • BangX
    BangX
    ✭✭✭
    These proc sets are somewhat strong but as a vamp stage 4 nb with 17k health, I deal with proc set users just fine, there's way more overpowered sets that no one is mentioning in pvp like thews of the harbinger, eternal vigor and leaching plate.

PvP right now is unbalanced but just like in 2016 when Viper's Sting, WidowMaker and Tremorscale were rampant, good players always adapted.

• Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BangX wrote: »
    These proc sets are somewhat strong but as a vamp stage 4 nb with 17k health, I deal with proc set users just fine, there's way more overpowered sets that no one is mentioning in pvp like thews of the harbinger, eternal vigor and leaching plate.

PvP right now is unbalanced but just like in 2016 when Viper's Sting, WidowMaker and Tremorscale were rampant, good players always adapted.

All it takes is getting hit by one heavy attack and you will be send to oblivion with your 17k HP. And the one using all those sets can be a 60K HP stamblade with dark cloak.

How you gonna handle this?
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But pve actually has options. Pvp made a lot of sets trash years ago
  • BangX
    BangX
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough, But have you tried hitting a heavy attack in pvp? It's pretty inconsistent especially with the lag, and with my 3k stam recovery using the shadow walker set + wild hunt ring constantly roll dodging and cloak spamming, you'd need to have amazing luck to be able to even touch my nightblade with a heavy attack.

As I said you can always adapt to any meta in ESO, just gotta figure out how.

• BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fair enough, But have you tried hitting a heavy attack in pvp? It's pretty inconsistent especially with the lag, and with my 3k stam recovery using the shadow walker set + wild hunt ring constantly roll dodging and cloak spamming, you'd need to have amazing luck to be able to even touch my nightblade with a heavy attack.

So you think that everyone should use an incredibly weak and bad build that dies to the smallest amount of undodgeable damage just to keep sets in the game that offer 20k burst damage that can be used on almost every stam build?
  • AhSeLYaG
    AhSeLYaG
    ✭✭✭
    Nvm

Edited by AhSeLYaG on September 22, 2020 12:31PM
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you then consider threws of the harbringer as overpowered have you tried not attacking the 80k HP tank so He cant deal damage Back to you?

Just adapt man.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More people need to read this.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone is willing to dodge roll every 2 secs to stay alive. It is really out of control. I've duelled a lot since yersterday and sometimes i just go from 30k hp to 0 without be able to do anything.

We've already been through this. I don't get why they go again in this direction.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never hated this game’s direction more than I do now.
    This p2w proc meta made this game unplayable.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand why ZOS insists on making pvp a game full of proccs. We have been through this already and the majority of pvp'er dont like it. Why cant you (zos) make some sets thats not a proccset??

Skills and abilities and ulties should be the main dmg dealers in combat, not item sets, it feels like crap fighting items instead of actual players and their skill.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artorias24 wrote: »
    30k+ damage from a heavy attack :)

Raise the Floor, lower the ceiling.

2020 floor is the new ceiling
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    good players always adapted.
    More people need to read this.

Good players can/could always adapt! They will adapt whit using these 40k Hp proc builds.
    This doesn't make it less unbalanced...
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    free dmg problem. No one cares. Same as weaving.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    free dmg problem. No one cares. Same as weaving.

Lol 80% of the game can’t be bothered to press the trigger button between the attacks. How is it free?
    Edited by Wuuffyy on September 22, 2020 5:05PM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve never hated this game’s direction more than I do now.
    This p2w proc meta made this game unplayable.

Well, the update 28 PTS notes only reinforces the proc meta.

Malacath's Band is now the strongest damage buff in the game. :#

• MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue is zos has for some reason decided they need to meet a quota for adding sets into the game. We have what over 350+ sets by now where only maybe 50 are used in meta builds.

At a certain point of them having to meet this quota the only quick ideas they can get is random proc sets which hurt gameplay without a doubt, but atleast the newer players see that they are adding content so they will continue to spend money.
    IMO zos could focus on adding things like the arena weapons/mythic/monsters and that would be enough. For major chapter releases they could rework 20 or so sets already present that are unused.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are far superior compared to stat based sets in pretty much every regard besides healing. The amount of sustained damage or burst is far exceeding what you can otherwise easily build for.

As a dw stamsorc, draugrkin is by far, as in miles beyond any stat based build. Looking at my old build to new just comparing flurry damage, draugrkin is comparable to about 4k stamina, 1.5k weapon damage, and the 20% damage bonus from deadly.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its solid at killing a player, easier to do than Doyle (so all I gotta do is block one attack, cast vigor, Pierce - for big penetration, 3 more stam abilities) then land a heavy.

Seems solid in a duel where I can ensure im doing everything to the correct player.

I dunno, I think the sergeant unweaver is a bit better maybe.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see proc sets share a cooldown. so one set could be used to emphasize a build, rather than 3 sets being a build. Also the fact they stack also seems a bit silly, but I would accept just a shared cooldown.
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just when you think it can't get worse :'(
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanna hear an easy way to greatly improve PvP? Make it so proc sets don't work in PvP.
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanna hear an easy way to greatly improve PvP? Make it so proc sets don't work in PvP.

You know, this is actually one of the things I enjoy about levelling characters up through U50 until they get to vet - proc sets are considerably rarer in there, as most proc sets are generally from dungeons and trials.

An unfortunate side effect of the new reconstruction system is it means that there will probably now be players with reconstructed low level proc sets in there.
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on September 23, 2020 12:51AM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this work with bow attack? Like stack it with 2hander then bow heavy attack from afar?
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The damage from vate 2h is around you explosive rebuke is target based.
    But yes vate will work on bar swapping.
    It will also work on any stamina skill casted as long as momentum is running no matter which bar you're on.
    It can also be charged out of combat
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    What people don't seem to realize, is that it's not about adapting or catering. It's about the health of the game.

Some of these proc sets are not healthy for the game, just like some of the mythics. What they are is either band-aids or fan service designed to increase profits while lowering input effort. ESO's combat mechanics are easy to pick up and hard to master, as they should be. However, extreme damaging proc sets were introduced to span the gap of bad and good players.

And like every. single. ***. time. ZOS moves to a proc meta, the tank meta follows as a knee jerk reaction. We are now moving to a tank meta, expect a lot of nerfs to proc sets in the update following this one, followed by a nerf to sustain a few updates after that.

[snip]

[Edited for Bashing]
    Edited by Psiion on September 23, 2020 7:37PM
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People defending these sets are terribad.
    They want the sets to play the game for them when they prance around with 40k+ hp.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous that there aren't more complaints about procs. I guess nobody cares about PvP anymore at this point...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ishtharo
    There is NO sign of them changing this.
    The new team seems to have given up on actually balancing the game and have decided to add an endless amount of proc sets and proc set buffs and p2w items instead.

They need a reason to get pvp players to buy their expansions, and this way, as cheesy as it may be, seems to be the most effective for them.

this is a terrible change. I used to enjoy this game, but getting hit with 8 different proc sets at once from 40k health unkillable players is boring/bs.