The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Proc burst damage is out of control

• Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to kill and be killed by, oh I don't know, abilities? Proc damage accounts for almost 50% of my incoming damage on average.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me guess, Stamina sets ? of course they are, because ZOS LOVES stamina
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is eso. we have to redo our builds every 3 months. adapt or die
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the damage is fine and actually a good change in terms of build variety. They need to deter people from running multiple proc sets with a shared cooldown or Deminishing returns. Having a proc set as part of your build is perfectly fine, wearing 3 proc sets is madness. At this point your armor is playing the game for you.

• FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe in PvP they do, but Mag gets all the love in PvE.

• HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the OP forgot to mention is that on top of applying high burst damage in a single GCD, those 2 new sets deal their damage in a rather large, 8 meter radius. So heavy attacking into say a dawnbreaker + shalks combo or a leap is a potential group wipe right there. Imo those sets definitely look too strong... A bit off topic, but maybe proc sets should also have some form of universal CD system so that you cant proc multiple effects in a single GCD at all.
    Edited by HankTwo on September 24, 2020 10:49AM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, friends playing on pts are saying that the most cancerous proc are the Magicka ones as the pressure they can keep is insane
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe in PvP they do, but Mag gets all the love in PvE.

Its been the Elder Stamina Online since One Stamriel and still is just look at the new Dungeon Sets - Talfyg's Treachery: 5 items: Increases Spell Damage by 372. Increase damage taken from Flame and Fighter's Guild abilities by 10%. Ok nice spell damage buff but 2 drawbacks. Unleashed Terror: 5 items: When you deal direct damage with a Charge, Leap, Teleport, or Pull ability, you cut your enemy, causing them to bleed for 10 seconds, dealing 19734 Physical Damage over the duration. This ability can occur once every 10 seconds per target. Can be up 100% of the time on multiple targets and all you have to do is Crit Rush/Ambush etc wow so hard to use a Stam skill that by default cost less and hits harder than Magicka ones :unamused:
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey you know how you said proc damage is out of control? Yeah that just buffed one of the sets you're using in this gif.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Can't wait to try this out on a 40k HP Stam DK with 2x infused block cost reduction.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Frenzied Momentum: Increased the damage proc from this set to 10834, up from 9028, to better account for the wind-up period of your Heavy Attacks; its total DPS was lower than other sets when getting multiple procs off cooldown."

Balancing burst sets according to how much DPS they do on a dummy lol
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont provide a 3-5 second vid.

Provide details - there is no way to see what you are complaining about.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS Brainstorming meeting

Employee 1 "We could make some sets like Viper, Tremorscale, Widowmaker"

Employee 2" But how would that be unique or make people want this new DLC?"

E1 "...We..Could make the proc stronger than pre nerfed Viper, We have a great community and no one would abuse combinations implement to 'raise the Floor' of lower skill players".
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dealing with proc builds...or any build for that matter is pretty easy [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 29, 2020 1:46PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerhesi wrote: »

Maybe the fact that in the video someone with 32k Hp gets deleted in 1 Gcd without an ultimate involved and the majority of damage comes from procs?
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

Maybe the fact that in the video someone with 32k Hp gets deleted in 1 Gcd without an ultimate involved and the majority of damage comes from procs?

I see videos like this daily in a couple of discord channels. The problem the dont show is that this could be after 30 seconds of already fighting, where an ULT, a Proc, and CC are lined up. You also dont know the targets resists or if their mitigation is down because they havent refreshed buffs, or if they're not block canceling or doing other form of mitigation given how long the fight has been going.

This is why the combat log, and a longer video are needed. It doesn't matter if you get 30k hp deleted if you've let a fight get to that point and no defensive actions are being taken. I dont get 25k HP deleted in high mmr BGs unless I'm afk or I'm tapped on resources and/or a fight has been going for a while.

• Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh Enlightened one, please Dual the guy in the OP gif and demonstrate your superlative intellect.
    a6b1d3e45b7eb1b3b6255e801713b76c78-wojak-03.w710.jpg
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 29, 2020 1:47PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And Oblivion Foe got buffed further since you can one-bar it now and easily combine with procset one bar, Foe other bar, monster set, mala ring...
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you mean pull your brain out of your head and defend yourself with it? 🧠
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 29, 2020 1:47PM
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see videos like this daily in a couple of discord channels. The problem the dont show is that this could be after 30 seconds of already fighting, where an ULT, a Proc, and CC are lined up. You also dont know the targets resists or if their mitigation is down because they havent refreshed buffs, or if they're not block canceling or doing other form of mitigation given how long the fight has been going.

This is why the combat log, and a longer video are needed. It doesn't matter if you get 30k hp deleted if you've let a fight get to that point and no defensive actions are being taken. I dont get 25k HP deleted in high mmr BGs unless I'm afk or I'm tapped on resources and/or a fight has been going for a while.

These are highmmr players, alot of people know mediumricecooker. Also I was there when they were dueling, and what you can do with procs next patch is a complete meme. Until the stream team or some divine being heavily pushes to change proc sets, we will be stuck with them forever.

Other than that the maj/min changes are really good, definitely healthy for future gameplay and changes to the game.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ishtharo
    There is NO sign of them changing this.
    The new team seems to have given up on actually balancing the game and have decided to add an endless amount of proc sets and proc set buffs and p2w items instead.

I used to enjoy this game, but getting hit with 8 different proc sets at once from 40k health unkillable players is boring/bs.

Yea that pretty much sums it up rn. Sad.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭

If you can't line up a guaranteed proc, ult and cc then I don't know what to tell you. Sure proc sets with a % chance proc is much harder to line up but we have more and more sets that can be procced on command. 30 secs worth of fighting? I sure hope so, if this was early in the fight it would be even worse because you are likely high on resources. Outside of ganks any decent player won't die early in a fight.

This gif shows what I am pretty sure is a magblade using the non invis morph of cloak. So he does have maj resolve up, unless he doesn't have the passive... Along with the 5% dmg reduction from minor protection. If he is in gold full light armor they'd still have minimum of 15 k sp resist and 12.7k phys resist.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about those Malacath Magdens using Icy Conjurer? 40k tooltip easily in CP

At least I don't have to hear "bUfF mAgDeN" in every other thread around here anymore.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least I don't have to hear "bUfF mAgDeN" in every other thread around here anymore.

Feels like magden is in a solid apot
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭

A 40k tooltip would only hit for 20k in PvP. 20k over 10 seconds is probably still less than Sheer Venom which can be done AE, does execute damage, etc. This game needs more mag sets :/
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »

A 40k tooltip would only hit for 20k in PvP. 20k over 10 seconds is probably still less than Sheer Venom which can be done AE, does execute damage, etc. This game needs more mag sets :/

40k in CP sounds optimistic too.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how zos thinks this is a good direction for the game. Is anybody actually having fun with this playstyle? So far people either don't like it or they tolerate it and adapt.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion’s Foe: Oblivion’s realms have been full as of late with the poor souls affected by this set, so it is being reworked again. Whenever you deal damage with Soul Magic using the 5-piece bonus, you mark the target’s soul, dealing 12820 Magic Damage over 10 seconds.
    This set will not refresh itself on targets it is already active on and will wait for the duration to end before reapplying.
    Additional changes to the 2-4 piece bonus will be coming in the next PTS patch.

Yes, more procs pls. Thats what we needed.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% of my death recaps in Cyro are from venomous smite & friends. Level 0 of skill required. Just run and spam. It's even worse than the out of control dots patch.
    Edited by Sarousse on September 29, 2020 6:29AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We just need to convince @FENGRUSH to make a build out of it, and it'll get nerfed in a jiffy.