The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Ritual of Retribution

• honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the way ZoS ignores forum input at times it makes me wonder why even bother to have a forum? They show time and time again they do not care about any outcries to horrible changes they are making, they only pay attention to the nerf cries. The forums are a joke to them, it just helps them focus on what to nerf and that's it. Whatever they buff is because they felt it needed one and nothing to do with community input. There has not been one single reply from ZoS to this thread as to why they are destroying an entire classes identity with this massive nerf to RoR.
    My eso plus subscription runs out in January. If templars are not fixed I will not renew it. I will not play the game without the craft bag so back to dark souls it seems. Or maybe the new Baldur's Gate that should be out by then. I am done giving money to a company who cares not about its community that sustains it.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im hoping for some class change tokens!
    to switch my 3 templars
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    Im hoping for some class change tokens!
    to switch my 3 templars

To be honest I think this is their intention. Nerf a favored class into oblivion then introduce "Class change tokens! only 7k+ crowns each!" Then in the next patch they buff the class to being the forefront class and then bam... everyone is buying class change tokens to switch back over again = $$$ for ZoS
  • LovesCoffee
    LovesCoffee
    ✭✭
    if developers think this skill is too strong, they are a bit late with this nerf decision (so much time passed), but you could make it self HoT at least, which works for user and not the group (or drop it's healing potency for 50%), it's sad what u're doing with templars last patches, despite they're still strong dd and healers they got some useless skills like dark flare, this reminds me of sorcs crystal frags (making stam morph out of it was a good idea though) , no one really using it, and now it's ritual of retribution, which is still usable, but now less people will slot this, -utility
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    if developers think this skill is too strong, they are a bit late with this nerf decision (so much time passed), but you could make it self HoT at least, which works for user and not the group (or drop it's healing potency for 50%), it's sad what u're doing with templars last patches, despite they're still strong dd and healers they got some useless skills like dark flare, this reminds me of sorcs crystal frags (making stam morph out of it was a good idea though) , no one really using it, and now it's ritual of retribution, which is still usable, but now less people will slot this, -utility

As a Stamplar, i really feel the loss of RoR's healing. It's really sad to just .... FFS not taking in count things like that and just use a spreadsheet to balance skills. And even, they are not good at doing that if we take a look at some other classes's skills. So many insane stuff here and there on my toons and when i'm back to my Stamplar... MEH ! I dont even bother trying to PvP.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koubo wrote: »

As a Stamplar, i really feel the loss of RoR's healing. It's really sad to just .... FFS not taking in count things like that and just use a spreadsheet to balance skills. And even, they are not good at doing that if we take a look at some other classes's skills. So many insane stuff here and there on my toons and when i'm back to my Stamplar... MEH ! I dont even bother trying to PvP.

I guess they just want all stamplars to run vigor now that you basiclly just have to look at PvP to unlock it, since they swapped it with rapids.
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

I guess they just want all stamplars to run vigor now that you basiclly just have to look at PvP to unlock it, since they swapped it with rapids.

A class shouldn't rely only on a off class skill for it sustain. Beside, it dosent scale on HP which make it average in PvP.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    renne wrote: »

A class shouldn't rely only on a off class skill for it sustain. Beside, it dosent scale on HP which make it average in PvP.

Of course it shouldn't. I know that. You know that.

But they gave us the PvP stam heal skill for basically free, so we HAVE to be grateful, right?! /s

You know... even though if you even wanted to use it for PvP you'd have it unlocked already?
  • Synssaturdayy9
    (disclaimer):templar lost it's burst because of these unseen potl nerfs potl was made to be a burst and it's been like this for ever since 2014 i don't see it at as a issue/bug i think zos hid these nerfs on potl so no one would see it or so no one would complain about it bursting and doing damage like its meant to do which in this case you could've lowered the damage. so in my opinion i think these potl nerfs are 100% ridiculous i don't think it should be this way.
    Edited by Synssaturdayy9 on September 5, 2020 6:27AM